test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Massively Exclusive: Rampage Revamp

2»

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honestly the other Create-a-Villain Winners (Madstone, Madam Mayhem, Devana Hawk, Rockjaw, Ao-Qephoth. That Undead Viking whose name I can't Spell) have by far SUPERIOR costume, appearence and Backstories compared to a guy with Generic Ice tights who got his powers by fixing a Fridge.... wut wut? :mad:

No Sir, I don't like it!

Why exactly a Boss like Madam Mayhem who has a really Interesting backstory (and Parental Illusion) is only a normal Alert boss? She could easily be a RAMPAGE boss (her attacks would hurt even more)

I really Question the DEVs' Judgement on this choice, Did they played Lottery or did they picked the most Generic character just to avoid extra work on the Design?

Really unfair for the people who actually put EFFORT to their characters, really shame :frown:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I always thought the Undead Viking was just like the undead viking boss in WOW,
    I liked the worm guy, .............preferably on a large fish hook
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    Honestly the other Create-a-Villain Winners (Madstone, Madam Mayhem, Devana Hawk, Rockjaw, Ao-Qephoth. That Undead Viking whose name I can't Spell) have by far SUPERIOR costume, appearence and Backstories compared to a guy with Generic Ice tights who got his powers by fixing a Fridge.... wut wut? :mad:

No Sir, I don't like it!

Why exactly a Boss like Madam Mayhem who has a really Interesting backstory (and Parental Illusion) is only a normal Alert boss? She could easily be a RAMPAGE boss (her attacks would hurt even more)

I really Question the DEVs' Judgement on this choice, Did they played Lottery or did they picked the most Generic character just to avoid extra work on the Design?

Really unfair for the people who actually put EFFORT to their characters, really shame :frown:

I'm sure Fryguy loved his creations as much as all of us loved ours, but I agree they are somewhat lacking in comparison. As I understand it, all of the Create-a-Villain winners were chosen by committee. That is, everyone in the Champions offices got a hand in, and I suppose it's possible the two were selected simply because Fire & Ice is a simple and strong elemental theme.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And that the CAV wasn't about creating a duo and it had many other strong, but not simple or duo, elementals there...
    But nothing new under the sun. It was just one of those things that happened among the years of halfasserly.
    Good thing were, mostly, passed that point now.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    lilukario wrote: »
    Credit for Blaze and Frosticus' designs goes to awesome Champions player @Fryguy8544, originally as part of our Design a Villain contest
    He was so awesome that he won without even following the rules...

Really, it's sad that we get an "update" that is basically old stuff and something that was supposed to come more than a year ago. The only thing keeping this game alive is the community.
    ^This.

I really wouldn't advertise their "awesomeness" in design too hard, since create-a-villain contest was somewhat of a fail.

Good that we've got a bunch of nice regular alert villains at least, with this contest. All of them are much more interesing than the main prize "winners".

At least Frosticus had his name changed.

Their costumes aren't bad. They're sufficient. It's just that they are basic, just like starter AT costumes.

In terms of cotumes and character concepts those villains offer absolutely nothing noteworthy. They were probably made winners only because they're highly generic and it was easier to work with them. Good thing this fight is fun to play at least, though, as usual, it again has not enough rewards for the effort (really Cryptic, a random small loot chance doesn't cut it anymore, if you were hoping for selling more drifter's salvage, then it's another mistake).

Honestly, would be best to keep this rampage as it is, but at least replace those two generic dummies with some fire/ice villains taken from Champions lore. Blaze and Frosticus aren't exactly the best promotional material.

In video games bosses are supposed to look cool, not like "meh"*shrug".