test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game doesn't have enough..let's really find out! (Survey)

quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
I'm a little surprised that Cryptic/Perfect World doesn't do more market research to gauge what types of enhancements players are most interested in. I've thrown together a little survey via SurveyMonkey, just for fun. It's simple, just 9 multiple-choice questions. If you'd like to participate, you can take it here:

Champions Online Player Survey 1

Again, this is just for fun--not endorsed by Cryptic, etc. It's a free SurveyMonkey account, so I think only the first 100 responses will be recorded (not sure if that will even be an issue.) I will share the results here in 1 week or whenever we hit the response cap, whichever comes first.

Champions Player Survey 1 Results
LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good idea, thanks for putting this up.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Done :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Done heh, hopefully we can get some honest feedback from the community.:smile:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    17 responses already..very interesting! :-) At this rate we will have our 100 soon and can talk about the results.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did mine. Wonder what the results would be like.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Where can we see the results?

This is a really good way to figure out how forumites feel about the game, but I wish they would implement this sort of thing into the actual game itself though... maybe like a "Fill out this CO survey and get 100 zen for free!" type deal.

Also, you forgot to ask about lockboxes.

Also... even if these results back up my ideas 100%, I have to say that these cannot honestly be used to say anything about what direction the game should go, because again... it's just a forumite poll. :P
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Done.
    Now if this Survey had any effect to the game....
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Done.
    Now if this Survey had any affection to the game....
    moustache.gif

Then they would get married owo
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Where can we see the results?

This is a really good way to figure out how forumites feel about the game, but I wish they would implement this sort of thing into the actual game itself though... maybe like a "Fill out this CO survey and get 100 zen for free!" type deal.

Also, you forgot to ask about lockboxes.

Also... even if these results back up my ideas 100%, I have to say that these cannot honestly be used to say anything about what direction the game should go, because again... it's just a forumite poll. :P

I'll put the summary results in a Google Doc spreadsheet and share it here when I get 100 responses. I can't easily export the data unless I pay up for a premium account, which is more than I want to spend, so I only want to create the results spreadsheet once.

Yes, the sample will be limited to just those who are active on the forum. No actual SCIENCE is being conducted here. But it's still kinda interesting.

• Options
    cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brilliant idea. I just finished responding!
    edited January 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    I'll put the summary results in a Google Doc spreadsheet and share it here when I get 100 responses. I can't easily export the data unless I pay up for a premium account, which is more than I want to spend, so I only want to create the results spreadsheet once.

Yes, the sample will be limited to just those who are active on the forum. No actual SCIENCE is being conducted here. But it's still kinda interesting.

I'll be impressed if there are even 100 people who post on here o3o
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Done! Even if a small sampling of the game's players, it will be interesting to see the results!
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    added my 2 cents
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited January 2014
    how i see result?

P.S. no.. i dont register.. sry
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    how i see result?

P.S. no.. i dont register.. sry

I'll answer this quote with another quote:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    ah, my english is to bad.. i dont understand what he said.. google? doc? premium? what ???

-

-
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Basically he's going to post the results online when he has 100 surveys filled out and you'll be able to see the results then.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Link not working for me so I will say here what I think CO needs. More fighting claw powers and more skins for said fighting claws.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Link not working for me so I will say here what I think CO needs. More fighting claw powers and more skins for said fighting claws.

You need to upgrade your Commodore, yo.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Basically he's going to post the results online when he has 100 surveys filled out and you'll be able to see the results then.

Thank you!
  • Options
    blueionstormzblueionstormz Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Filled out the survey.
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are you directing people in game to this survey? Because the forums are a horrible place to get any kind of census from. Especially when it comes to the questions in that survey.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    draogn wrote: »
    Are you directing people in game to this survey? Because the forums are a horrible place to get any kind of census from. Especially when it comes to the questions in that survey.

1. First ? seems unfair. In chat channels might look like spam, and then he gets plonked for doing some research. This is safer.

2. No, the difference is almost everyone on the forums can jhcwthbbq existing content . This just isn't a very hard game. Nothing wrong with that.

3. The questions weren't acceptable? What? This last point I don't see room for compromise. They were properly phrased, germaine to the subject, etc etc etc.

**edit-voted, liked the questions
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fiilled it out, nice relevant questions.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks everyone. We have 64 responses so far. I'll post results later today.

P.S. Feel free to direct people to the survey in-game, if you like. But I agree that there's a risk players in zone chat, for example, might not be as accepting of the idea. :smile:

• Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice; just filled one.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Finished mine. I'm interested in the results of this.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    draogn wrote: »

The questions were fine. But I will agree that it would be nice to get other responses other than the forums echo chamber.

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Question. How does this survey know who is filling it out, since it doesn't ask for a name or anything. Is it possible for one person to fill this survey out multiple times as a result?

Think I might test that.

Test concluded: It let me fill it out twice. You may now all feel free to see any indication that the poll supports my ideas as grounds to accuse me of having sat here and repeatedly filled out the survey to skew the results o3o
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Question. How does this survey know who is filling it out, since it doesn't ask for a name or anything. Is it possible for one person to fill this survey out multiple times as a result?

Think I might test that.

Test concluded: It let me fill it out twice. You may now all feel free to see any indication that the poll supports my ideas as grounds to accuse me of having sat here and repeatedly filled out the survey to skew the results o3o

It uses a cookie to try to prevent people from filling it out more than once. Of course, this is easily bypassed, so if someone really wanted to skew the results, they could (but how does that really benefit anyone?). It also records the IP addresses, so it's possible to determine if this is happening and potentially filter it out, although that's probably more effort than I'd be willing to put into this. I will say that I don't think sockpuppets are a problem currently--the results seem pretty normally distributed so far.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I've thrown together a little survey via SurveyMonkey, just for fun.
    quasimojo wrote:
    Again, this is just for fun

Those of you unhappy with the method are welcome to create a survey just for science, probably.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Those of you unhappy with the method are welcome to create a survey just for science, probably.

It's my hot body, I do what I want.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Done. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Nah see, it is us that can do what we want with your body. Not the other way around. Or, so says the hip kids.

Edit: Oh, and survey partaken.
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Filled it in. I was really hoping for some question(s) involving how much real money people put into the game.:biggrin: Possibly of more interest to PWE than anything else (though I'm sure they already know this)?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    artmanpwe wrote: »
    Nah see, it is us that can do what we want with your body. Not the other way around. Or, so says the hip kids.

Edit: Oh, and survey partaken.

...you just made it weird.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for keeping this thread bumped. :biggrin: 87 responses in and just 13 to go!

What do you think the most popular mission/alert from the last year or so is going to be?

• Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for keeping this thread bumped. :biggrin: 87 responses in and just 13 to go!

What do you think the most popular mission/alert from the last year or so is going to be?

I'm hoping the Lemurian Invasion will take that spot.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    .02 cents added :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    lol
    I'm hoping the Lemurian Invasion will take that spot.

It got my vote. Loved the atmosphere of that event; really hoping to see it roll back around soon.
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Filled it out! Only wish it was a real survey by Cryptic, might give us a hint at the direction they might take the results.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    5c worth filled in. actually I did it yesterday.
    I can't use 2c, 1 c & 2c were scrapped in Australia years ago
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for your participation, folks. We just hit 100 responses and I've created a report with the results, which you can view here:

Champions Player Survey 1 Results

Note that there are two tabs on the web page, one for Charts and the other for Tables of the responses.

What, if anything, did you find interesting or surprising? I'll post some of my subjective observations of the data tomorrow.

Cheers.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    That's really interesting to look at... if only Cryptic would do something like this. Seems very informative.

I'm surprised that no one selected that customization wasn't important. Well, not too surprised, I guess. :P

Very cool, thanks for doing this.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is pretty interesting but I did find certain aspects of it surprising. I was surprised, given Cryptic's track record(Not so much Cryptic North mind you), that "New Shinies" beat out "Repairs/Balance" since in the past new shinies almost immediately need repairs/balance right out of the gates....before they're abandoned for the next "New Shiny."

I also wasn't super surprised that FM and Sky Command did poorly but I was surprised that Lemurian Invasion, with it's incompleteness, unused assets, and bugs did so well.

Not surprised about the lack of "PvP Love" but considering how small the requests of that playerbase has been I don't see the issue with giving PvP some(not the best blah blah blah) rewards and a Questionite Daily. <shrugs>.

Overall, it was insightful and Cryptic North should run surveys like this. Nice work. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Just as I thought. We're all over the place in just about everything.

As expected, most of you are pvp haters. No surprise there aren't many pvpers posting, since cryptic has done a really good job of chasing them away.

Only thing I'm surprised at is that most of you don't rp much...and yet rp scored pretty well on being important to peoples' gameplay experience.
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to know who that 1% who voted on Never for customized costumes. We shall burn them at the stake! (No not really)

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I do wonder if all of these came from the forums, I know I don't know of 100 people who post on these forums however there could be people who just view. I do wonder if anyone asked their friends in game to affect this in any way? I wonder as the gold subscription rate put down is rather high for what I know the game to be like. Even so I would never expect much love for us. ;D

The fact is most of the people who use to PvP have left the game to go elsewhere as there are some things which make it simply unplayable.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't say most of the results came as a surprise.

I do think the definition of role-playing in games is broader, so the experience itself constitutes RP as in RPG/ARPG as oppose to actually RPing in character.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    39% of people have some interest in PvP
    40% of people duel or play hero games at least occasionally

PvP hate? Really? Ok. Sure. Pardon me while I roll my eyes.

I'm not surprised people say they'd rather have new stuff instead of stuff that works. I am a bit disappointed.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009