What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Development insights from Tacofangs

devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Interesting comments about Champs from Tacofangs over on the STO boards:
tacofangs wrote: »

You have a very odd understanding of how game development works.

People are hired, quit, move between projects/companies CONSTANTLY. Dan going to a new project is not some omen of abandonment. Champions has it's own team. That team is the size it is because that's how much Champs brings in. If it were a bigger game, it would have a bigger team. People aren't removed from the team to punish players, the team is scaled to the revenue being generated.

In addition, you say that CO is tapped to fill out the STO & NW projects. . . ok, sure. In that anyone who works at any company long enough is going to work on multiple projects, and therefore WILL be removed from their previous projects. Keep in mind that City Of got tapped when we started making Champions (well, Marvel). And STO/NW people will be taken off to new projects as those games go through their natural life cycle. Just as those games will lose people to help build further games.

Cryptic North is alive and well. And while they're a small team, they've been doing a fantastic job with new stuff: Alerts, Vehicles, Auras, Costumes, Events, etc.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14501981#post14501981
Post edited by devtracker on

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Champions has it's own team. That team is the size it is because that's how much Champs brings in. If it were a bigger game, it would have a bigger team. People aren't removed from the team to punish players, the team is scaled to the revenue being generated.

That's interesting, because for a few months in 2012 (or like half the year) we had like, zero development, just around the time when Neverwinter was in open beta. While I do believe what Tumerboy says, and I know it's not done to punish players, Champions was left with what seemed like no development. You can't tell me that it was making no money at the time.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    that was to me im famous :D all I wanted to do was to have a discussion about how champions will be once again to linger.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited January 2014
    That's interesting, because for a few months in 2012 (or like half the year) we had like, zero development, just around the time when Neverwinter was in open beta. While I do believe what Tumerboy says, and I know it's not done to punish players, Champions was left with what seemed like no development. You can't tell me that it was making no money at the time.
    It appears that, eventually, vehicles and lockboxed did enough income. :wink:
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's how I just read that: Cryptic is doing nothing on their own to grow Champions Online, and will do nothing on their own to grow Champions Online. The only way this game will grow is if we spend our way out of it, with no current incentives and no promises.

Until further notice, I will operate on the assumption that Cryptic is content with CO's death spiral, and that Cryptic North developers can and will be taken from us, without notice or remorse, until Jack Emmert or his string-pullers at PWE tire of us.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    ravancheravanche Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    Keep in mind that City Of got tapped when we started making Champions (well, Marvel).

And look how swimmingly that worked out for City. Cryptic got booted, a new team took it over, and that team turned it into the super-hero game it should have been all along once Emmert & Friends mismanagement was removed from the equation.

Let's fast-forward a few years, and now after years of mismanagement Emmert & Friends get Das Boot from CO, and a shiny new team takes it over...
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It appears that, eventually, vehicles and lockboxed did enough income. :wink:

Usually I'd say this statement was making a lot of assumptions but considering not much else was put up for sale last year this may ring a lot closer to the truth.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Usually I'd say this statement was making a lot of assumptions but considering not much else was put up for sale last year this may ring a lot closer to the truth.

I really doubt that that period of time where we had nothing going on had nothing to do with Neverwinter. It can't be a coincidence.

Things are going as normal > Neverwinter starts gearing up for beta/launch > Nothing happens over here for months > Our old team is gone and currently stationed at Neverwinter, and we get a new team.

I doubt the game started making more money off lockboxes and vehicles just because they stopped development.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It was making money. Just not to CO....
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think that gave some light on 2 things:

1) I should read more often STO boards

2) STO was always highly profitable and there was not an actual comeback from the death after ATARI sold Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    STO was always highly profitable and there was not an actual comeback from the death after ATARI sold Cryptic.

IDK if I'd say STO was *always* "highly profitable", but I think it has always been *more* profitable than Champs. That said, STO did go through a time period where nothing was happening(similar to Champs now), but it came out of it and has been on the rise ever since.
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They may not have intended to cut CO development off entirely during that period of time, but planned to transition it off to the team that became Cryptic North and there was probably a lot of time required planning out how to do that exactly, and knowledge-transfer about the CO development environment etc. to this new team that all resulted in a period of time where nothing much seemed to us to get done.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    IDK if I'd say STO was *always* "highly profitable", but I think it has always been *more* profitable than Champs. That said, STO did go through a time period where nothing was happening(similar to Champs now), but it came out of it and has been on the rise ever since.

it came out of it, because PWE put resources beyond what STO was actually bringing as profit. It is called investing.

During ATARI times, devs told us that they were not doing much development in either game because none of them warranted that investment. I highly doubt that suddenly more people started to play STO after PWE bought Cryptic, just happened.

In general, I have come to terms with CO development realities but it upsets me a bit those PR answers that I might have bought if I was not here since 2009.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I really doubt that that period of time where we had nothing going on had nothing to do with Neverwinter. It can't be a coincidence.

Things are going as normal > Neverwinter starts gearing up for beta/launch > Nothing happens over here for months > Our old team is gone and currently stationed at Neverwinter, and we get a new team.

I doubt the game started making more money off lockboxes and vehicles just because they stopped development.

The things people were really wanting(read: had been requesting for quite a while), costume sets and auras, didn't hit the Z-Store last year until the holiday season started up. From January to September it was mostly vehicles, the dance emotes were July. Vehicles and keys were practically all there was for a major part of the year. Every vehicle listed in the Z-Store that isn't a Hovertank was added last year.

I don't have access to Cryptic's financial records but I find it hard to believe that the game wasn't making money when the development practically stopped.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ravanche wrote: »
    And look how swimmingly that worked out for City. Cryptic got booted, a new team took it over, and that team turned it into the super-hero game it should have been all along..

Dunno Pargon and Cryptic both seem to have had the same type of game plan.
    Take a good Super MMO make it a p%$? poor FTP. Watch game die. I will add Paragon reached the game getting canned part faster than Cryptic did.

Never realized how much City and CO are alike :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The things people were really wanting(read: had been requesting for quite a while), costume sets and auras, didn't hit the Z-Store last year until the holiday season started up. From January to September it was mostly vehicles, the dance emotes were July. Vehicles and keys were practically all there was for a major part of the year. Every vehicle listed in the Z-Store that isn't a Hovertank was added last year.

I don't have access to Cryptic's financial records but I find it hard to believe that the game wasn't making money when the development practically stopped.

Our "drought" was in late 2012, if I remember correctly. I didn't say that it wasn't making any money (in fact I said the opposite - "You can't tell me that it was making no money at the time"). We heard from Turtle directly that the game was sustaining itself and that a shutdown was nowhere on the radar.

What I'm saying is that I don't think that during that time, lockboxes and vehicle sales were so amazing that the game started making more cash than before, during a period of little to no development, resulting in us getting a development team.

The lockboxes and vehicles didn't "save" the game. They did keep the game afloat, and it makes sense to me that those things would continue to sell during a low development period because of player churn. Random Guy A doesn't know that there hasn't been development for months, doesn't know there won't be development for months - to him it's all just stuff to buy. He leaves, Random Guy M takes his place, same thing happens.

I mean, yeah I could be wrong since I don't know all the facts, but it doesn't seem logical to me at all.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes...But also It took along time for Sto to become like it is now..Co is getting there slowly..It took along time for Sto to get the change charecter tab us as well..But i call that something good just haveing that thing lol..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Our "drought" was in late 2012, if I remember correctly. I didn't say that it wasn't making any money (in fact I said the opposite - "You can't tell me that it was making no money at the time"). We heard from Turtle directly that the game was sustaining itself and that a shutdown was nowhere on the radar.

What I'm saying is that I don't think that during that time, lockboxes and vehicle sales were so amazing that the game started making more cash than before, during a period of little to no development, resulting in us getting a development team.

The lockboxes and vehicles didn't "save" the game. They did keep the game afloat, and it makes sense to me that those things would continue to sell during a low development period because of player churn. Random Guy A doesn't know that there hasn't been development for months, doesn't know there won't be development for months - to him it's all just stuff to buy. He leaves, Random Guy M takes his place, same thing happens.

I mean, yeah I could be wrong since I don't know all the facts, but it doesn't seem logical to me at all.

You're talking about 2012, I'm talking about last year. Whatever money CO made in 2012 was used in 2013 to make those mini-events and whatever money CO made in 2013 is probably going to fuel the development we'll get this year. 2012 had little development, especially during the Neverwinter drought, but that was still enough to give us what we got last year which was more than what we got in 2012.

I'm not saying key/vehicle sales are or will save the game but since most of last year's goodies were tied to lockboxes, and there were a lot of goodies in those things, they'll probably be responsible for a large part of what we'll get this year.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You're talking about 2012, I'm talking about last year. Whatever money CO made in 2012 was used in 2013 to make those mini-events and whatever money CO made in 2013 is probably going to fuel the development we'll get this year. 2012 had little development, especially during the Neverwinter drought, but that was still enough to give us what we got last year which was more than what we got in 2012.

I'm not saying key/vehicle sales are or will save the game but since most of last year's goodies were tied to lockboxes, and there were a lot of goodies in those things, they'll probably be responsible for a large part of what we'll get this year.

Pssst, TT, LordGar. THIS IS YOUR CUE.

(Seriously, I wonder if these guys enjoy putting out fires more than preventing them...)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Oh, I guess we're talking about different things... I don't disagree with this stuff.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Take a good Super MMO make it a p%$? poor FTP. Watch game die. I will add Paragon reached the game getting canned part faster than Cryptic did.

CoH added some amazing new powersets (with more in beta), some great new story content, and thought they were doing just fine. They were actively developing their game.

The dev team -- including management -- were as shocked as anyone else when the hammer fell. Even NCSoft indicated the game was doing all right, it just wasn't the style of game they wanted to continue with.

While I am enjoying CO right now, given the choice, I'd still be in CoH. If nothing else, just because there was so much more content. I could take different characters through a variety of leveling paths -- and skip content I didn't particularly care for.

I like most or the story content in CO, there just isn't very much of it in comparison to other MMOs I play. But then, the first two MMOs I played were CoH and LOTRO (still playing), which really spoiled me with the amount and variety of storyline content available. :smile:
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited January 2014

That is still to be seen, I doubt we are in any danger. But CoX was online for about 8 years, while we are just past CO's 4th.

Let us also not forget that STO an NWO have much bigger companies watching how Cryptic handles their license. Losing that license can have a lasting impact on not only the games, but the company behind the games.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2014
    So, my reading on this thread is that there are two different lines of conversation going on. The first is, "Why was Champions fairly quiet between December 2012 and around March of 2013?" The second is, "Should we be worried about the future?" (To make sure this is above the fold -- the answer to the second question is no.)

The first line I'm not going to be address too closely, unfortunately. There are things that go on backstage that we can't talk about, mostly because we're a publicly-traded company. What I can say, though, is that sales of lockboxes, vehicles, etc. didn't magically change the equation at Cryptic or PWE; they are a solid addition to our sales, but we have a long-term view of the game.

We have a long-term commitment to CO, and while that quiet period did happen, it wasn't like we pulled the plug and then changed our mind. We're a business, but Champs has proven itself as a solid product, and we're smart enough to think long-term instead. It was unfortunate, it was unavoidable, and it is past.

Re: the second line of conversation, I think we can all agree that the last UNTIL Field Report over-committed us. When we needed to be flexible and responsive to new opportunities, we'd publicly set out an agenda that was static. We don't want to be in that situation again, so we're not announcing things until we're confident we can deliver, and that it's the best plan for Champions.

That being said, this timing is excellent: I spent much of yesterday putting Jira tasks in. I can't say any more right now, until we're confident in the contents, but stay tuned -- we've got some good stuff planned. Cryptic North's been making good-quality content, and I'm happy with what I've seen.

And if it helps, here's a piece of info. I'm the guy who handles the weekly reports for our studio -- it's one of my jobs as the rookie product manager -- so I see the numbers. Champions isn't selling more than STO, of course, but it's doing quite solidly. From a financial standpoint, we're rather pleased with Champs right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    snippits

It's really cool that you can be up front with some of this stuff. The rest of the stuff, I'm pretty sure it's understood by all that you can't comment on it.

While the quiet period was really unfortunate (I was actually pretty unhappy with the game for quite a while... yeah, me! :biggrin:), I'm quite happy with Cryptic North and the stuff they've been putting out. Some of the things they've done have been pretty ambitious, and I like that they listen to the players and consider their ideas. I'm definitely looking forward to what they come up with this year.

Back before the field reports first started, a lot of us told the developers that we understood that things that are in the planning stages might not get completed, but that we just wanted to know what they were planning. It's a shame that can't continue (well, I don't know if it will or not), but it was always fun getting a look into the possible future. I do hope you guys bring back something like that, even if it's just a bunch of "Stuff we'd like to do."
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    *snip snip snip*
    And this is why TT rocks. Thanks for taking the time to give a reply.

As for my thoughts on the conversation: I think we're trying to read too much in what's happened in that past period. It happened, it's over with, let's just move on.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I shouldn't waste time on this one, but ill bite, co is 8 years old? never knew that.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    In other words, past performance is not an indicator of future results. Thanks for the response, TT. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So, my reading on this thread is that there are two different lines of conversation going on. The first is, "Why was Champions fairly quiet between December 2012 and around March of 2013?" The second is, "Should we be worried about the future?" (To make sure this is above the fold -- the answer to the second question is no.)

The first line I'm not going to be address too closely, unfortunately. There are things that go on backstage that we can't talk about, mostly because we're a publicly-traded company. What I can say, though, is that sales of lockboxes, vehicles, etc. didn't magically change the equation at Cryptic or PWE; they are a solid addition to our sales, but we have a long-term view of the game.

We have a long-term commitment to CO, and while that quiet period did happen, it wasn't like we pulled the plug and then changed our mind. We're a business, but Champs has proven itself as a solid product, and we're smart enough to think long-term instead. It was unfortunate, it was unavoidable, and it is past.

Re: the second line of conversation, I think we can all agree that the last UNTIL Field Report over-committed us. When we needed to be flexible and responsive to new opportunities, we'd publicly set out an agenda that was static. We don't want to be in that situation again, so we're not announcing things until we're confident we can deliver, and that it's the best plan for Champions.

That being said, this timing is excellent: I spent much of yesterday putting Jira tasks in. I can't say any more right now, until we're confident in the contents, but stay tuned -- we've got some good stuff planned. Cryptic North's been making good-quality content, and I'm happy with what I've seen.

And if it helps, here's a piece of info. I'm the guy who handles the weekly reports for our studio -- it's one of my jobs as the rookie product manager -- so I see the numbers. Champions isn't selling more than STO, of course, but it's doing quite solidly. From a financial standpoint, we're rather pleased with Champs right now.

since I started this furball over at star trek online, I want to say why I did it, I wanted to know that champions had a future, this game has so much so much that could go into it.
    I want to say thank you tt, for setting of our worries to rest.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    CO was meant to be Marvel Online from the start and when that was cancelled, they had barely a year to do a full 180 and turn the half-finished project they had into CO. That resulted in very minimal amount of content that could be finished in one to two months. That read to me as something horribly rushed once I found out. A MMO that expects a monthly paid subscription from its players when the overall content could be finished in one to two months of frequent playing is not a good thing at all. I'm in the opinion that CO was released way too early now that I've looked back.

It didn't help that they took a whole year to release their first real content expansion: Vibora Bay. NemCon was a nice endgame lair added while waiting but it definitely wasn't enough.

Whatever window of opportunity that was present for them to quickly build up on content additions (even very small ones count) to keep player interest after they've experienced everything that the game had to offer at launch level, it's already long-closed. It seems that MMORPGs need to constantly expand to stay relevant in the market and I can honestly say that CO has failed in that aspect. I don't know exactly what it is that happened within the company and its dealings with its publishers, but I can safely say that CO is getting the much smaller (smallest even) share of the budget basket compared to STO or NWO.

So with all that has happened, I'm keeping my expectations realistic. CO isn't getting the funding needed for what I believe most of us want to see added in the game. We're going to have to be satisfied with what we have right now and expect a couple of new shinies added to the store along with periodic event-themed alerts. Expecting anything further than that just invites disappointment that I'm already numbed from and can't be bothered anymore to feedback to Cryptic to expand the game like they should have been doing much more often in the past.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    "Coming into the launch of STO and Champions, I made sure we had something for everyone. Here was the problem. By following that philosophy, nothing was polished. We ended up having lots of half-done features in some quarters," Emmert said.
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Thank you, TT. Hopefully we can start to grow the game, just as we saw STO start to grow a ways back.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While TT's post is refreshing and appreciated, we've heard a lot of it before. We've heard the oh this year is going to be great before as well. Which is generally followed up by months of silence.

While the Until report may have had too much, the not talking or giving us updates is just as bad. It lets the mind wonder to other games whose publisher and developers said they were doing fine, then a month or two later reading a report that the games servers would be closed.

Those other two games still get regular State of the Games, while our last one was in June 2012. Even looking at the other websites, there is a lot more activity going on. Including a livestream where questions get answered, the answers are often generic I can't talk about that yet, but at least it is something.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Though the last few months were pretty exciting (compared to the wasteland of the year following On Alert), I cannot say that I can be excited until these few things start happening. Not as a customer and not as a player.

The aura system starts showing some in game incentive, such as in game drops and q store/ lockbox unique auras. I miss unique in game drops especially everything lost to On Alert.

A Sidekick system starts appearing. A system where we can gear them, choose their powers and can use them whenever we want to fill up vacant spots in our teams.

Start seeing a real permanent 100% live all the time content that takes more than a few hours to complete. This isn't asking much since its been years since Whiteout.

Cryptic North wraps up unfinished add ons. A LOT of costume sets were not finished such as skins that are only for the torso and not the legs? Hideouts were half done. On Alert is still not finished (convert those missing pieces and bring back those purple devices already).
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Though the last few months were pretty exciting (compared to the wasteland of the year following On Alert), I cannot say that I can be excited until these few things start happening. Not as a customer and not as a player.

The aura system starts showing some in game incentive, such as in game drops and q store/ lockbox unique auras. I miss unique in game drops especially everything lost to On Alert.

A Sidekick system starts appearing. A system where we can gear them, choose their powers and can use them whenever we want to fill up vacant spots in our teams.

Start seeing a real permanent 100% live all the time content that takes more than a few hours to complete. This isn't asking much since its been years since Whiteout.

Cryptic North wraps up unfinished add ons. A LOT of costume sets were not finished such as skins that are only for the torso and not the legs? Hideouts were half done. On Alert is still not finished (convert those missing pieces and bring back those purple devices already).

Do not want more auras. And with all the nuance a sidekick system could involve balanced against what we've seen in terms of fully fleshed as opposed to skeletal projects, have to disagree there.

I want an enemy to give me pause in a map layout that is wholly unfamiliar. I think smoochy's plan of a scaled down architect using existing assets would help.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Am I the only person who doesn't constantly panic the the game is shutting down?

Far as I can tell, the sky has been firmly nailed in place for a good year now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nope. You're not.
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the info TT, much appriciated.

But I am not going to buy into "We have great things planned" until I see proof. Not anything against you but it is something we have heard before, and such was not delivered. I am a bitter player, but I am one who does look forward to being proved wrong.

Until we see what is coming, I will expect nothing.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Champions isn't selling more than STO, of course, but it's doing quite solidly.

Judging from the development the 2 games are getting, they arent even comparable. STO gets lots of new playable/mission type content on a regular basis. Champs gets mainly fluff, with a new alert every now and then. As someone who plays both games, they are worlds apart in the development they are getting.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Do not want more auras. And with all the nuance a sidekick system could involve balanced against what we've seen in terms of fully fleshed as opposed to skeletal projects, have to disagree there.

I want an enemy to give me pause in a map layout that is wholly unfamiliar. I think smoochy's plan of a scaled down architect using existing assets would help.

We just started getting auras. I rather get more auras than vehicles.

There is no real balance issue with adding Sidekicks as they are for filling up the empty spots in your team. The only difference is that you would be able to outfit them into what your ideal team should be.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We just started getting auras. I rather get more auras than vehicles.

I'm still waiting for the unicycles that TrailTurtle EXPLICITLY stated we were getting.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the unicycles that TrailTurtle EXPLICITLY stated we were getting.

Link to the post please.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Link to the post please.
    Well, it wasn't really TT... and it wasn't exactly "explicitly stating"... :smile: ...but...

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3584951&postcount=32
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I am abit surprised at the tacoed one he didn't answer the one question I wanted a answer for.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Link to the post please.
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, it wasn't really TT... and it wasn't exactly "explicitly stating"... :smile: ...but...

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3584951&postcount=32

Guys, turn on your jokeometers.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Biff you'll have more luck demolishing a house with nothing but headbutts than you will trying to convince some of the forumites that jokes are real.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Biff you'll have more luck demolishing a house with nothing but headbutts than you will trying to convince some of the forumites that jokes are real.

I have a real thick skull, dude. :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I for one still want the Urban Assault Unicycle to be a thing. I'd even spend cash money to pick one up for Captain Americlown. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I wasn't making a joke. Where's my unicycle? Ur a dev right? Gimme. s( u3u )z
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You do know players on unicycles would just lead to VIPER Brickbusters on Segways, right?
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I really hope the 'big stuff in the works' doesn't turnout to be as poorly thought-out as alerts or utterly unwanted like vehicles.

(Alerts: no questionite for PvP, no balancing of reward for missions
    Vehicles: people wanted travel powers, not... that.)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?