test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bestial Heads - Retexture concept.

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
Hi guys,

I'm posting this for a friend of mine. (@firestrike2)

Basic message here is that currently heads like this look quite aggressive/snarling, perhaps a retexturing of them could be done to make them look less off putting/aggressive?

The current version of them would be for aggressive facial expressions instead.

HERE

Link shows Current and Proposed Versions.

This sentiment goes alongside more accessibility/combination options for Bestial costume parts in relation to other costume parts as well as possible expansions for Bestial costume parts as well.

The idea would basically have multiple new textures for the wolf head along with the current existing one, and they would be placed in a dropdown menu.

They could include textures such as "Wolf Basic (Our current one), Wolf, Fox, Coyote, and Hyena.

Bestial expressions would be able to show a wider range of emotions, including happy for characters that aren't meant to be aggressive. The current emotion could be used for "Angry".

Note: Above is not my idea, ideas expressed above come from another player, I am simply posting (and I do like this idea) this idea for him.
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As an Anthro Fan/Artist I like this! :biggrin:

I always though that the Bestial heads in CO look waaaaaaaaaaay too Serious/Ugly/Aggressive/Devious and I would prefer if they had a more CARTOON-ish approach

I mean Seriously, EVERYTHING has an ugly aggresive look (EVEN YOU AVIAN WARRIOR PACK, I'm not owning and I desire you to Death! BUT but I see how DULL -Derpy the Bird Heads look :mad:

Wishing there was a Reskin for all the Bestial heads, none of my characters are aggresive for pete's sake!

You see that Bear in my Signature? Rylan? Rylan is a complete Otaku aDorkable Teenager who will tell you about his Favorite Animes! :eek: Not a Savage Beast

We are a SuperHero game, we need more CARTOON animals
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, yes, three times YES.

Although I do like the "aggressive" expression on the Beast heads, much like Avianos' issue, aggressive just doesn't fit every character's personality. Heck, Smokey is supposed to be a lazy, unmotivated firehouse mascot, yet he looks like he's ready to tear out anyone's lungs at a moment's notice! D:

/signed
    Champions: @ace112233
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd rather them look more 'regal' and similar to their animal counterparts, rather than... 'you know'. I'm sure I'll get tones of hate, accusations of 'racism', and all that nonsense...

But in my opinion the ones we have look stupid. I'd eyeroll a lot less if they weren't so absurd.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2013
    We need animal heads made more like this:

Caitians.png

Fersasan_News.jpg

Animal people in STO can actually look badass.

And less cartoonish. Proposed retexturing goes in a way too cartoon direction.

I like how halloween werewolves and avian heads are looking like somethig powerful, instead like a fugitives from Disney's.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh yes, and remove that friggen Snarl-mouth that the models are always fixed in and give them some ANIMATIONS!. Wolf and Feline heads NEVER move their mouths at all and the position they're in 24/7 is just blah.

/signed
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    slinkiisuslinkiisu Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd love some more anthro-style heads. I like to play anthro characters, and the human face is just...bland. As for the animal ones...wow. Hell, there have been superheroes in comics who look more like anthros.
    AND NOT TO MENTION! What about things like, to pull one out of the hat, the fact that males get an Underside skin pattern (Shark-like skin), but females don't? It goes both ways, but males get a hell of a lot more stuff than females do.
  • Options
    noblecavalier01xnoblecavalier01x Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like something like this too...my character, though having an anthro build, is not the snarlling beast type.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    /signed

because we want animal heads, not huge mardi-gras angry heads.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That'd be more of a remodel than a retexture, since the actual geometric shape of the mouth on these heads is already snarly.

But yeah. Having an option for like even just not having teeth beared would help immensely.

(This also goes for cat heads. Not all cats are sabertooth tiger things.)
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    while they are at it can we please get all the sliders to affect beast heads, not just Size, Height, Width, and Depth...

I can't think of a single face slider that wouldn't apply to all the beast heads.... hell out of all the heads there is only one i can think of where any sliders would be useless and that's the Big Mouth head, and it would only make eyes and ears useless.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would agree with this whole heartedly
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    /signed
    What I would do for a 'normal'-faced beastial head and especially facial animations for them. I've created nothing but beast characters ever since I started CO and I've realized all this time that they...are...UGLY and show bare resemblance to their actual animal counterparts.

CO, as much as I 'try' to take respect for your artstyle... PLEASE take note of all of this! You're supposed to help the community, not just plain ignore it and go off making things that just make more trouble!
    stand-up.gif
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice. It would be nice to see a more savage texture too. Maybe a little less cartoonish? The snarling beast heads aren't even that menacing. They are actually unexpressive.

Also, maybe make the emotions (like angry, grim, happy) match the facial expressions of the beast heads. Not to mention the eyes...

Ah, screw it. Just rework the darn beast heads! xD
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    firestrike2firestrike2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was the one who came up with the idea, and I just figured out that silvers could use the forums and that I didn't need the OP to post this for me. Oh well.

Regarding the cartoonish texture, it was meant so that it'd look similar to the overall tone and feel of the other models in game. Frankly, I'd love to have, and would actually prefer realistic/awesome models like they've got on STO, but seeing as the Devs designed everything here different, I'm afraid that won't happen.

One can still hope though.
  • Options
    wolfvenstormwolfvenstorm Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would like it if you add some hats and head wear that doesn't clip through the head. for example:The urban hood the head clips right through the back of it, not to mention the sunflower dryad mask.