FC.31.20131024.10 PTS Update

2»

Comments

• Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    I can confirm that this worked for me.

This, however, did not. I had the storage bag open before to take off the auras and switch out but they wouldn't budge. :(

Did you try using the right mouse button?

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can confirm that this worked for me.

This, however, did not. I had the storage bag open before to take off the auras and switch out but they wouldn't budge. :(

You have to hold down the right mouse button to drag them. Otherwise it might be buggy.
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    benevon wrote: »
    Did you try using the right mouse button?
    soulforger wrote: »
    You have to hold down the right mouse button to drag them. Otherwise it might be buggy.

Confirmed. That did work. ...I'm left wondering why though xD

Thanks guys :3

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    hexcasterhexcaster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For some reason I don't have an aura tab at all, it just isn't there. Anyone else encountered this issue?
  • Options
    lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed. That did work. ...I'm left wondering why though xD

Thanks guys :3

This UI weirdness will be cleared up in the next patch.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    lordgar wrote: »

Thanks for clearing that up, Lordgar!

I'm sure you guys are aware of the bug where some auras when placed in the combat slots will blink out immediately after combat instead of fading away?

And thanks for popping in on Thanksgiving! :D You too Radioscience :P

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

• Options
    ace10007ace10007 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its the new Crate of Questionite supposed to drop Ore? rather than the actual refine questionite. Cause this will affect the exchange rates dramatically if its not ore.

Ingame under @AceMcCloud1007 leader of Heavy Artillery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    But will the prices drop...
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ace10007 wrote: »
    its the new Crate of Questionite supposed to drop Ore? rather than the actual refine questionite. Cause this will affect the exchange rates dramatically if its not ore.

I think it -may- be intended just to help along the aura sales.

(I have the feeling I am dreadfully wrong when I post this :P)
  • Options
    acgimblet72acgimblet72 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For those interested, distribution of the new Winter lockbox:

n=240

*new* 16 crates of questionite (25-50k, not ore)

Thats... interesting. Assuming that we have a reasonable sample size... 16 crates in 240 boxes is 2 crates per 30 boxes. Assuming LOW values, thats 50,000Q per 30 boxes, or 1,666 Q per box.

Probably wont upset the Q market much, but it is interesting, inasmuch as the Q income would offset about 10% of the Z cost per-box.
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug:Grandfather Winter's Jolly Cane (and presumably the other Canes) are Bind on Account, but level-locked to the first character you receive it on.

Problem with the auto-level-scaling on it, I think.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    I'm sure you guys are aware of the bug where some auras when placed in the combat slots will blink out immediately after combat instead of fading away?

All Auras placed in Combat Only slots poof roughly a second after you've left combat. I think the Aura system is only checking for the combat flag while the Passives waited for 3-4 seconds after the flag went away to have the aura shut down.

Not really sure if that's a bug or by design or not.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Santa Beard is AWESOME...and you can wear it with a half helm. FREAKING SANTA BEARD AND NOT THE GOATEE????
    THis is a travistry!!!! :D

#Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Old bug not fixed:

Legion gloves of offense only has +68 to offense making it only as good as the scr gloves of offense after slotting in an r9 impact prism. Hope the devs could fix this.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    All Auras placed in Combat Only slots poof roughly a second after you've left combat. I think the Aura system is only checking for the combat flag while the Passives waited for 3-4 seconds after the flag went away to have the aura shut down.

Not really sure if that's a bug or by design or not.

This is not true. Snow cloud, rune hands and runes head faded after combat instead of a blink (there and just gone in less than a second). IMO fading makes the auras much more awesome and increases the immersion factor. It may be that only certain auras fade and others blink, or those that blink are missing some effect as their fading animation.

If the blink is intended, it's so sudden that you don't get to bask in the glory of your character after they've ripped out the entrails... I mean... defeated and sent to jail... an enemy... Basically, the blink isn't the greatest of aesthetics and its a little disappointing considering everything the auras offer visually.

I hope it is a bug of some sort.

• Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Santa's jacket and gloves cannot be worn at the same time, if the Jacket is properly selected under coats and jackets (wearing it under the other chest options creates minor clipping issues.) Santa gloves should be moved to short gloves and hands.

I really love the new Santa outfit. It has a lot of bits I've been wanting for a while, from a more awesome Santa hat, to a full beard, to the nifty jacket and pants. It just has some minor issues I'd like to see addressed. I also like that this costume comes in one piece from the lock boxes, instead of having to piecemeal it out. That really helps us players out a lot.

One thing:

Have you guys considered doing a new questionite store or maybe a drifter's salvage costume set? I'm about vehicled out at the moment (none of the new content uses them) and I'd love to spend some alternate currencies on a new costume set or two.

Oh, and one way or another, you guys should really address the aura pricing issue, or this is going to turn into a debacle that will unnecessarily sour the communities mood on these new, and quite awesome toys.
  • Options
    rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Windup key back piece only unlocks for the character who binds it.

But I like this piece. I have a toon that is an evil doll/toy and I put up a suggestion 2 1/2 or 3 years ago.

P.S. It used to be if a toon was transferred in to the PTS wearing a costume piece, it was unlocked on the PTS. Please return this feature.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Santa's jacket and gloves cannot be worn at the same time, if the Jacket is properly selected under coats and jackets (wearing it under the other chest options creates minor clipping issues.) Santa gloves should be moved to short gloves and hands.

I got the jacket and gloves to work just fine, though I went to the treasure chest and put them on there. Maybe that makes a difference.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This could be an issue for in combat auras especially, by lagging out players with extra VFX or something.

I already brought that up. I wonder with enough people running 8 auras on a Clarence fight if you can crash the entire zone or at least a few people's computers. Can't wait to try it on live.

We give our feedback on other things, why is giving feedback on ridiculous aura pricing wrong? Honestly, I can't imagine people are going to choose the legacy auras over the new ones all that often anyway and an $8-$9 price tag isn't going to help.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I personally just hope the Santa gloves will pass as boxing gloves :P
    edited November 2013
    sterga wrote: »
    I already brought that up. I wonder with enough people running 8 auras on a Clarence fight if you can crash the entire zone or at least a few people's computers. Can't wait to try it on live.

We give our feedback on other things, why is giving feedback on ridiculous aura pricing wrong? Honestly, I can't imagine people are going to choose the legacy auras over the new ones all that often anyway and an $8-$9 price tag isn't going to help.

I thought as much, I remember seeing this brought up by yourself and others, the more worrisome thing, is that we cannot actually test it on PTS since, to my knowledge, Clarence is not active.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I personally just hope the Santa gloves will pass as boxing gloves :P

Quite nicely actually.
    3bb337d617e4586ba310e38a109f5cc01385749140.jpg
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I thought as much, I remember seeing this brought up by yourself and others, the more worrisome thing, is that we cannot actually test it on PTS since, to my knowledge, Clarence is not active.

Could always get a group of people to attack the dummies in the PH while all having as many auras as possible. If then everyone could give their system specs and the fps impact I bet the devs would be interested in hearing about that, they even literally asked for performance information in the blog post.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    A couple of friends and I went through the finkle alert and most of us bad multiple auras. Off than one lag attack early on it was perfectly fine. Granted it was an alert and not an open mission, but since 90% of this game is alerts now...well at least alerts are not impacted too much.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    I got the jacket and gloves to work just fine, though I went to the treasure chest and put them on there. Maybe that makes a difference.

By default, the jacket loads via the base model. The problem with that, is that it isn't fitted properly to that model, and creates clipping issues. If the jacket is worn on the jacket chest type there is no clipping, but you can't wear the gloves.

As I said, this would be fixed either by fixing the clipping issue (harder) or changing the glove to the short glove slot (easier.) I advocate for the latter.
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Considering the game has a hard cap on how many particle FX can be rendered at once, i doubt there will be an issue with auras causing lag.

There will however, be an issue with anyone using multiple of them having either their auras or powers becoming invisible because they're hitting that hard coded particle FX limit (especially with more complex, layered auras).

The UI is the most massive source of FPS drop in the game anyhow, player names or anything else above people's heads will often cut frame rates in half or more if enabled with enough players clumped in one place.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, that is a bug. Thanks (everyone) for catching it.
    also the windup key as well
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Considering the game has a hard cap on how many particle FX can be rendered at once, i doubt there will be an issue with auras causing lag.

There will however, be an issue with anyone using multiple of them having either their auras or powers becoming invisible because they're hitting that hard coded particle FX limit (especially with more complex, layered auras).

The UI is the most massive source of FPS drop in the game anyhow, player names or anything else above people's heads will often cut frame rates in half or more if enabled with enough players clumped in one place.

This right here 1000%. Auras won't be a problem (unless you already have the more broken UI systems of player names and damage floaters turned off) on players' PCs.

I've also seen it when the particle cap has been met on games like STO (where I swear it's smaller than CO is) - it looks just horrid when things like everyone's energy weapons just fail to render. I for one wish I could increase it past 200%.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One thing I've noticed (and I say this being a new Gold, so I don't know if this is a problem specific to this build, or a common PTR thing)...

BUG:

Characters that are copied from Live, as well as characters created directly on the PTS, do not have access to the costumes that their Live versions do - any unlocked-by-in-game-item or C-Store-purchased parts/sets are inaccessible, making usage of the Tailor or Nemesis Editor essentially impossible for players whose characters use non-Silver/unlocked parts.

There must be some way to set things so that those who use the PTS don't lose usage of the parts obtained via Live - some sort of flag that gets kicked-in upon copy, for example, that tells the PTS server "Okay, this person has access to A, B, and C unlocks, and they've bought X, Y, and Z sets" and then the PTS and Live servers can synchronize their parts lists.
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow dude, fine work with that costume.

flyingfinn wrote: »
    Quite nicely actually.
    3bb337d617e4586ba310e38a109f5cc01385749140.jpg
    moustache.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Did you mean to say on or off? I ask because I'm sure I'm already using those settings turned on on live and just wanted to be sure if I was hearing they should be on or off.

somebob wrote: »
    This right here 1000%. Auras won't be a problem (unless you already have the more broken UI systems of player names and damage floaters turned off) on players' PCs.

I've also seen it when the particle cap has been met on games like STO (where I swear it's smaller than CO is) - it looks just horrid when things like everyone's energy weapons just fail to render. I for one wish I could increase it past 200%.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, that's how it's always been. Huge oversight if you ask me. Prevents one from really testing a lot of extra stuff, including the LTS vet unlocks, since it can't even see if a player is a LTS or not. So, unfortunately, you can't test or use C-Store costumes there and if you wanna test out item costume unlocks, you'll have to copy with an unused unlock item first and look at it there, the PTS acts completely seperate in all the right ways and wrong ways.

One thing I've noticed (and I say this being a new Gold, so I don't know if this is a problem specific to this build, or a common PTR thing)...

BUG:

Characters that are copied from Live, as well as characters created directly on the PTS, do not have access to the costumes that their Live versions do - any unlocked-by-in-game-item or C-Store-purchased parts/sets are inaccessible, making usage of the Tailor or Nemesis Editor essentially impossible for players whose characters use non-Silver/unlocked parts.

There must be some way to set things so that those who use the PTS don't lose usage of the parts obtained via Live - some sort of flag that gets kicked-in upon copy, for example, that tells the PTS server "Okay, this person has access to A, B, and C unlocks, and they've bought X, Y, and Z sets" and then the PTS and Live servers can synchronize their parts lists.
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, that's how it's always been. Huge oversight if you ask me. Prevents one from really testing a lot of extra stuff, including the LTS vet unlocks, since it can't even see if a player is a LTS or not. So, unfortunately, you can't test or use C-Store costumes there and if you wanna test out item costume unlocks, you'll have to copy with an unused unlock item first and look at it there, the PTS acts completely seperate in all the right ways and wrong ways.

That is an almost-painfully-stupid "oversight" that is WAY overdue for a fix.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Always On Auras do not display in Character Select Screen.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013

The PTS is no longer connected to a Z Store server which is why they don't work. Having a server dedicated for a PTS version of that store is not something PWE wants to invest in, which is the very reason they got rid of it in the first place.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    That maybe so, but they've shown that Debugger can hand Z-store and Drifter items out, they could do something like that more regularly, or just release those items as normal to the test server rather than treating them as store items. Since the PTS is so separate from live, it won't have a negative finatical effect on them at all and won't require a seperate Z-store server, beside since it's just a test server anyway, it should be free for testing, so they might as well be treated like everyday costume pieces there. There are work arounds, they just have to decide if offering good customer service to paying customers is worth it. Also it's not just about the z-store stuff, no account unlock items on live are reflected on test, it's just a big shame.
    The PTS is no longer connected to a Z Store server which is why they don't work. Having a server dedicated for a PTS version of that store is not something PWE wants to invest in, which is the very reason they got rid of it in the first place.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    Bug: Always On Auras do not display in Character Select Screen.

Auras have never been displayed on the character select screen in the past. So its not a bug.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    soulforger wrote: »
    Auras have never been displayed on the character select screen in the past. So its not a bug.

We've had always-on auras in the past? :O
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2013
    Character select screen never displayed anything that is not a model attached to character skeleton.
    Nothing really changed in this matter. Technically new auras aren't costume parts, but effects from devices. Which is also why some of them doesn't scale with character models.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    We've had always-on auras in the past? :O
    Invulnerability, Defiant..maybe a few others, but those two never turn off their auras outside of combat right now on live.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. Gentlemen, this is The Undiscovered Country...past precedents can be a marker but they can also be a barrier to be shattered. ;:cool:

2. Since Cursed/Scourge/Tako, and various other costume bits with effects CAN and since Auras are to be cosmetic...yeah, I'm calling for "always on" to show up in the character select screen.

P.S. Still also calling for that universal light switch On/Off toggle for all auras on the aura page too. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    2. Since Cursed/Scourge/Tako, and various other costume bits with effects CAN and since Auras are to be cosmetic...yeah, I'm calling for "always on" to show up in the character select screen.
    Difference is, those auras on bracers and eyes are part of costume item models. They are attached to the same bone as rest of these costume parts.

Suggestion is nice - IF it is easy to made. For now I suspect that what can be seen on character select screen aren't even our characters for real, but only their costumes. Which is why any other state save for actual costume parts aren't carried to this screen. :wink:
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If auras are fixed to adjust to dramatic body size by attaching them to the model skeleton, we'll be seeing them on the character select screen too.

Yes. Add auras on/off switch to video options.