test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extended AFK

l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Power Discussion
I'm going on an extended AFK, and thought to post here to let ppl know why I'm probably not answering in-game mail or here in the forums.
I'm not completely gone of this game, just not devoted to it anymore. What they're thinking of doing in the PTS kinda hit that one last straw, and patiently waiting for Celestial changes that never came...

Anyways. Cya folks around.
Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
Nature Powerset
@Man.of.Light
Post edited by l1ghtstar on

Comments

• Options
    cyanavengercyanavenger Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only new thing I saw in the PTS was the tail slider, what else are they changing? Or is it the lack of changes that has people leaving? I've been playing this game for a few years and I love it. They may not make as many updates as I would like, but it still has the best character customization around.
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    basically killing dodge and avoid for anything but dodge passives. in other words, that offensive passive toon you had? say, electric form? we can't have you surviving tough battles with that toon, oh no. we want to change the DR curve so at lvl40 your dodge goes from 41% to ~16%

Well, Quarry is a dodge passive, and it killed Quarry. :p
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    basically killing dodge and avoid for anything but dodge passives. in other words, that offensive passive toon you had? say, electric form? we can't have you surviving tough battles with that toon, oh no. we want to change the DR curve so at lvl40 your dodge goes from 41% to ~16%

Oh, that's been 100% confirmed that it will go live? I was unaware of this.

Or is this just panic over an experimental maybe that might happen?

Probably the latter.
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh, that's been 100% confirmed that it will go live? I was unaware of this.

Or is this just panic over an experimental maybe that might happen?

Probably the latter.

More like a "You know it's not going live as is, but you know they're going to make a change that will likely effect builds people payed money to improve"

I know, there's the idea "You can get everything for free!" but that doesn't take into account things like..."Oh hey! Want that Rank 9...yeeeeaaaah...so not likely to happen without paying cash"
  • Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wow.

Just for the record, I'm taking an extended break for a sum of reasons. MAIN reason is that there are no Celestial changes. Friends have all gone. I understand that the pts changes are just proposed, however, the mere fact they're even thinking it just leave a bad aftertaste.

Gradii and others, I ask if you please don't turn this thread into a dramatic, gloomy thread like that 39+ page one. Please start a new thread for that. Thanks.
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • Options
    magentagemmagentagem Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    can't believe YOU'RE leaving?!?! You've been very kind and helpful! Above all, very generous with all the free stuff you've given me!
    Will miss ya buddy...hopefully you'll return soon!
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm feeling the same way bro. Got no motivation to try out any new builds and all the ones I was going to do on my Device retcons I'm just letting lay there.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sucks that you're leaving :( You're one of the coolest people here!

But I guess better to leave a hero than stay long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Where are you going though? Depending on the game I can either hook you up or check out something new :p
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nuuu Man of Light!! We shall miss ya. Come back sooon.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    l1ghtstar wrote: »
    wow.

Just for the record, I'm taking an extended break for a sum of reasons. MAIN reason is that there are no Celestial changes. Friends have all gone. I understand that the pts changes are just proposed, however, the mere fact they're even thinking it just leave a bad aftertaste.

Gradii and others, I ask if you please don't turn this thread into a dramatic, gloomy thread like that 39+ page one. Please start a new thread for that. Thanks.

No, wait! You can't leave as soon as I come back! :mad::confused::frown:
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's