Install Arc
Options

Bugs: Targeted.

2»

Comments

• Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What is "the Nemesis bug"? The minions not showing up when creating a nemesis?

I haven't made one in a while, but I believe you can't load costumes for your nemesis anymore either.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So basically:

1. Problems with Prison Break and Bunker Buster
    2. Problems with nemesis spawning
    3. Problems with minions not being displayed in the editor
    4. Problems with costumes not loading in the editor

Are the nemesis system bugs most in need of fixing.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So basically:

1. Problems with Prison Break and Bunker Buster
    2. Problems with nemesis spawning
    3. Problems with minions not being displayed in the editor
    4. Problems with costumes not loading in the editor

Are the nemesis system bugs most in need of fixing.

There's also Breaking Point, where the robot assassin won't attack unless you interact with the door. It's usually it's too late to cancel opening the door by the time it activates, so you're moved into the Teleiosaurus hatchling terrarium. Not killing the robot causes the Draysha Infused minion to remain inside the dome and make it impossible to finish the mission.

There are probably other things broken with the Nemesis system, but that's the only thing I can think of at the moment. Oh well, I'm sure the ticketing system has given them a pretty thorough list.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    . Right now, it makes the most sense to spend some time working on cleaning house. Before too long (I don't want to call it a month, but it's a limited period along those lines), it'll shift back to making new content.
    Funny that we've never heard from those guys..

But I don't hold out much hope, the 'bugs' that bug me most seemed to be intended features of the new model.

As for new content, we're talking about more tiny temporary arcs ending in forced teaming alerts with the difficulty curve set by the Testy-Powergamers?

I'm not enthusiastic.

I mean if more of the same is what we're getting from a 'new team' we never hear from I think I could be forgiven for assuming they're actually working on other stuff most of the time.
    The willingness to make or not build the Foundry has nothing to do with Cryptic North, and everything to do with numbers and data that exist independently of the people working on Champs.

Everything to do with CO being the lowermost priority for Cryptic.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay, it's settled. When Fire Ant gets to lvl 25, his Nem will be the evil, insectile Nemesis Bug.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just add invisible henchmen and every mission you get can't be finished.
    Oh and if he uses weapons, make them default ones.
    Oh right, that's automated.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I once found my Nemesis (NPC) in Andrith for some random reason, he didn't attack he just stood there...kinda weird.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I mentioned in the past that I'd be good with a full year of no content, if it meant they'd bug fix and balance powers. I meant it.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What is "the Nemesis bug"? The minions not showing up when creating a nemesis?

Sorry yeah what I was on about :D
    Psi.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They should have fused the bug fixing frenzy and the cybermind event, all the gameplay bugs would be justified by cybermind hacking into the matrix and every time you defeated him a random bug would've been fixed.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    recycle all the old devices/costume parts?
    Psi.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cryneting wrote: »
    recycle all the old devices/costume parts?

I'd like to gently remind the Bug-fixing Devs that the Invulnerability passive granted by the use of Become Lemurian Ancient Armor deices doesn't work entirely, it's Resistance is fine, but there is no Flat Reduction as normal for invulnerability, making it much less resilient than it should be.

Bug report here, and another filed in-game ticket support system, at about the same time, so over a year ago now.
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bug: Manipulator doesn't proc with numerous holds in the game.

See here: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=236861
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe the new forms will finally count as framework powers for the purposes of tier requirements?
    (go try Gunslinger -> Concentration -> Evasive Maneuvers OR Kinetic Darts -> Manipulator -> Ego Sprites)

Maybe Overdrive will work with the remaining 50% of maintain attacks?
    (Sword Cyclone, Celestial Conduit, etc.)

Maybe we can load Nemesis costumes and see their minions again in the creator?
    (self-explanatory)

Maybe we'll have specializations working properly?
    (Sentinel tree's Rejuvenated, Bionic Shielding with virtually every healing specialization, etc.)

Maybe we'll have all those typos and blatant copy-pastes corrected?
    (Force Bolts in my Boomerang Toss power description? More likely than you think!)

...and so on. Let's see how many bugs get squashed by the end of the year. After all, negative INT scaling on Nanobot Swarm finally got fixed (I think).
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One bug that's always irritated me is how the Armadillo rolling attack causes the character's torso to rotate between his stationary legs while swimming making him look like a pinwheel. I haven't gotten hyperball yet to see if this also occurs on that.
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dikawolf wrote: »
    One bug that's always irritated me is how the Armadillo rolling attack causes the character's torso to rotate between his stationary legs while swimming making him look like a pinwheel. I haven't gotten hyperball yet to see if this also occurs on that.

Nope. Its just the roll attack. You can also see it if you run into a wall and activate it, like the alert bubble.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    don't forget vikorin is bugged to hell. he doesnt give any stacks of knock resistance allowing him to repeatedly knock you without end till you DIE. its why I dont give a )#%(# about running his stupid lair anymore. no point.

lol. IKR.

Vikorin is one temperamental biatch.

I think he has three phases of annoyance.

- He can run normally and that in itself is a bit annoying

- He can troll you by attacking you with his shields up and you cant damage so LOL@Player >_>

- KnockSpam4lyfe
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *snip*

They need to work out a way to make it so you need a pure tank and a pure healer in your team, something like damage resistance debuff's would work well as that would cause DPS to go into minus resistance.

why aren't you keeping aggro;
    dps runs ahead of tank and attacks
    dps runs to side and pulls all the extras
    dps doesn't wait till rest of party heals up before running ahead
    dps gets aggro and pulls them to the Healer so they can get healed and Tank then has to get aggro off the healer

why aren't you healing ME;
    as dps runs off away from party
    as dps pulls loads of mobs and Healer tries desperately to keep tank alive who is trying to keep everything off the other people
    as dps pulls more stuff and healer gets aggro and tries to stay alive
    as healer gets repeat stunned by extra mobs

NO, the unholy trinity means;
    hours of" Looking for tank/healer, must be competent" and then the comments above from the INcompetent dps.
    AT's- most are dps only. the few that are tanks aren't always good at it.
    most players in this game and others want to play DPS
    a lot of the best tanks, I've seen are running in hybrid, how will you sort them

how about people learn to block, dump aggro, work with different groups.
    Dmg resistance debuff- yep and "why didn't you keep aggro" as the glass cannons die.
    ok getting breakfast now, thats ruder than I wanted it to be
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Another gentle bug reminder, this one a bit more serious.

Telekinetic Maelstrom in Disciple Archetype optional power and free form list for Telekinetics tree, is bugged and doesn't obey player settings on maximum number of particles and objects drawn.

Moreover, it seems to draw massive amounts of these particles and objects on all nearby players when used, that is causes such a framerate drop that most players think it is an extreme lag burst.

Naturally, anyone using this power can find themselves shunned by other players in group content, due to it "Lagging" other players.

For best results in Bug replication, use it on at least five enemies. It seems to increase the number of particles drawn and intensify the framerate drop, and this can last up to five seconds or longer, enough time for a squishy character to get creamed if unable to block.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There pretty much already is a way to ensure you need a tank and a healer on a team. Play an archetype.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    why aren't you keeping aggro;
    dps runs ahead of tank and attacks
    dps runs to side and pulls all the extras
    dps doesn't wait till rest of party heals up before running ahead
    dps gets aggro and pulls them to the Healer so they can get healed and Tank then has to get aggro off the healer

why aren't you healing ME;
    as dps runs off away from party
    as dps pulls loads of mobs and Healer tries desperately to keep tank alive who is trying to keep everything off the other people
    as dps pulls more stuff and healer gets aggro and tries to stay alive
    as healer gets repeat stunned by extra mobs

NO, the unholy trinity means;
    hours of" Looking for tank/healer, must be competent" and then the comments above from the INcompetent dps.
    AT's- most are dps only. the few that are tanks aren't always good at it.
    most players in this game and others want to play DPS
    a lot of the best tanks, I've seen are running in hybrid, how will you sort them

how about people learn to block, dump aggro, work with different groups.
    Dmg resistance debuff- yep and "why didn't you keep aggro" as the glass cannons die.
    ok getting breakfast now, thats ruder than I wanted it to be

I'd say it wasnt rude enough.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The problem with the fact everyone is a hybrid is that you end up being able to solo everything, and in champions everyone has the exact same builds unless you want to make things hard for yourself just because there is no challenge to anything in PvE. By the way what I meant is they need to put more 'boss' mechanic's in just to make things more about outsmarting the game and therefore much harder. If you don't have anything like this then you can just run in pointlessly not giving a s***.

People need role's in MMO's, if not then they don't feel unique and don't feel like their team really needs them there.

By the way, your thing about the holy trinity, don't you think champions uses it? 0.o It was made so there was a tank a healer and people to hit damage but are squishy, there is a reason why crippling challenge is there you know, it's not just something to stop people from blocking in PvP.

It seems a lot of players who still stick around and somehow PvE on this game are still here because they like the way there is no challenge and they can run around on a super powerful hero with no weaknesses not taking any damage and hitting 7 every 2.4 seconds and spamming 2 in between. Also they seem to like the fact they don't ever need to team up with people because everything can be soloed. :)
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    TK Maelstrom, like "Old Ice", seems to hurt those around you moreso than you yourself. A prime example of this would be the beginning of "A Stitch in Time" with all the mobs and destructable objects. I can kick this power off and either slideshow my team mates for a decent amount of time and/or just knock them offline. I somehow think this is not what was meant when players asked for stronger forms of crowd control since I'm controlling the wrong crowd. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The problem with the fact ....
    Pardon us, MrHinkypunk, but we're discussing bugs that need to be fixed.

Your obsession with holy trinity game-play is absolutely riveting, really, but can you kindly take it to another thread, where people would want to continue it without it being an off-topic distraction to the thread?

Frickin' please?

No, and seriously.. please get to this crippling framerate drop problem on Maelstrom. My main hero uses it.
  • Options
    dorianj13dorianj13 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This isn't a big bug, but can you guys fix the messed up graphic for Id Blades? When any Id blade power is upgraded to level 2 the second blade twists around and looks really bad especially when you use the scimitar for id blades. This has been a problem for awhile and I would be very thankful if this could be fixed.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vizzone wrote: »
    I haven't made one in a while, but I believe you can't load costumes for your nemesis anymore either.
    This is a very old bug. You first have to create your Nemesis, then save it, and only after that you can load an existing costume. Costs of course always some money, especially if you are already 40 and make your second or whatever Nemesis.
    I mentioned in the past that I'd be good with a full year of no content, if it meant they'd bug fix and balance powers. I meant it.
    Didn't we already had a year with no content ?

but we're going to be focused on polish.

So .. finally we get the long awaited awsome overhaul of Westside ? :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2013
    Erm... it's worth noting that, as I said earlier, the dev team already has a list of bugs they've targeted. Enthusiasm is appreciated, but I don't think they've got the time budgeted to take requests.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Erm... it's worth noting that, as I said earlier, the dev team already has a list of bugs they've targeted. Enthusiasm is appreciated, but I don't think they've got the time budgeted to take requests.

Can hardly wait to see what gets repaired. We'll help any way we can.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Looking forward to it.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013

People need role's in MMO's, if not then they don't feel unique and don't feel like their team really needs them there.

I have a role evil undead kitteh =^.^=

I dont need no stinking team IMA BEEFCAKE! :O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My role is to hit the bad guys with whatever my toon brings to bear. And, in the case of my Grimoire, to use my Aura of Primal Majesty to buff everyone standing near me (which entails getting dangerously close to the sharp end of the stick, but hey, whatever it takes).

I thoroughly enjoy my role.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cryneting wrote: »
    Say trailturtle not sure if you will replay to this but is there a list of bugs that are going to be fixed?. So we kown or is that bad to give that out so players might exploit them?

Also my qeastion will the Nemesis bug be fixed? The one where the minions not showing up when creating a nemesis?. As well where in the jail mission where the nemesis won't walk out. As well I'm pushing my luck here a bit but once you go back to new content how are them new rooms for the hideouts coming along?.

Please I got to kown :(

Also has anyone noticed that there is no Plasma TV or a real bathrooms in the pethhosues :D?

I have more of a problem with not being able to load a saved costume to the nemesis successfully, but yeah, the Nemesis system needs that fix, it's one of the coolest features of CO, heck it also deserves some extra content for it, but bug fixes to start with would be very nice indeed.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Make sure you scrutinize the place, a simple bug bomb won't kill everything! I strongly recommend a good boot or flyswatter. :biggrin:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zer0x0ne wrote: »
    Yeah, but no. You don't know me, so don't presume to know what my general stance is. Neither did I contradict myself in my post, so save your snark for someone it applies to.

Don't mind him. He's not anywhere near as clever as he pretends to be. :) Your original point is one I agree with. I've seen this "road crew" working before, and they spend a lot of time repatching the same hole over and over, and using styrofoam to patch it besides... I'm skeptical of the results, but I'm glad they've at least woke up to the notion that "fixing buggy things" is as important as "making new buggy things".
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was in Canada yesterday and I could be wrong but Reign of Frogs seemed to be broken again. :frown:

I started it three different times using a different hero each time and each time only one of the Technicians, that needs to be rescued, appeared. And after a certain amount of time, the OM would simple reset itself.

I plan to try Undead on Arrival tonight. Hopefully, that one is STILL working. { shrug }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Heroes, for the next couple weeks, we're going to be taking a step back from new content to work on polish. It's important to us that Champs have as few bugs as possible, and while we won't be able to resolve everything, we're going to do some cleanup.

There will be one or two releases during the anniversary, stuff to keep the lights on and our families fed, but we're going to be focused on polish. We've already announced a ton of events going on during the anniversary, so there's still plenty to do.

The dev team's going to be focusing on some of the top player-reported issues from the forums and from tickets sent in to Customer Support. As such, your job is already done with helping us target the bugs -- no need to post more in here!

Stay tuned, heroes: We'll be posting more details on what's been fixed as it happens!

-TrailTurtle

AWESOME!!!

I'm a bit skeptical after all these years, but I'm sooo hopeful for this. Potentially the best news we've gotten in... well... years! Fix the bugs (including rewards balance for effort & time versus the reward's value) and that WILL bring people in and help keep them.

Nothing worse than trying to bring in new people to the game and have to make dozens of excuses for bugs in the game in everything from teaming, to cutscenes, to missing content, to clipping issues, to shoddy looking work on signage, to antiquated features that have never been expanded on. Soooo much stuff to work on...

But every bit of it that's fixed and polished up in a professional, balanced, and thoughtful manner is appreciated. Truly.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2013

So why post a thread?

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So why post a thread?

Seems like they should have just posted a blog post, since they tend to not let us voice our opinions there.

Or just make the announcment and close the thread. Rather than getting people excited that maybe their voice about bugs they found might actually be heard for once.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So why post a thread?

To communicate with us perhaps? I mean it isn't much but at least it is something. Though it should have been expected that players would use this thread to bring up not only old bugs, but potentially new ones.

Though I fear the bugs that are being targeted will be along the same lines of the Sky commander discs that were conveniently fixed shortly after players, with out a form of flight, found they could use them instead of trying to gamble for vehicles for the FM race course.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was in Canada yesterday and I could be wrong but Reign of Frogs seemed to be broken again. :frown:

Has there ever been a time when it was NOT broken ? With exeption maybe directly after a server reboot ? :confused:
    R607qMf.jpg