Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This set looks -excellent!- Go for it!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    yeap I'd buy both the retro sci fi and this so hurry up and finish it so you can take my money!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    These concepts all look great!

After Power Surge is lvl40 Im making an archer so I hope I can get the sweet Robin Hood hat for him!

:D
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    To bad when compared to what a player can make with other frameworks:

FIRE
    Ice
    Electricity
    Unarmed
    Single Blade
    Claws
    Dual Blades
    Might
    Infernal
    Beastial
    Heavy Weapons
    Non Pistol Muntions
    Telepathy (yes even telepathy)

Archery isn't a very good set at all in my Opinion. (Weak DPS combined with Long Charges, cooldowns, and damage delays.)

Hopefully when the devs get around to taking another whack at archery will actually be competative with the other frameworks and actually worth playing.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The_Last wrote:
    Too bad archer isn't a a very good framework at all (Compare it to a elemental or any melee build that isn't TK blades).

Hopefully when the devs get around to taking another whack at archery it will be worth playing.

Archery isin't bad, it's actually pretty good i've tried it on PTS and i made a toon on live because it's the most fun powerset for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Archery isin't bad, it's actually pretty good i've tried it on PTS and i made a toon on live because it's the most fun powerset for me.

Its all relative. I will change my comment to accomodate you though.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Wow... I really hope this is as awesome when it hits as it is right now, because I am super stoked for this set. This is some great art, I'm really looking forward to playing around with it.

At some point though, it'd be awesome to have an "Age of Sail"-style longcoat, but this will do until then. (Think Horatio Hornblower, or for females, Ruby Heart. )

As regarding Archery, there's one thing that people always seem to overlook: many of the powers have no movement lockdown while maintaining/charging. That may not be the biggest deal in some circumstances, but personally, I find that, plus the very strong 50-100ft. energy regen possible when using the cooldown attacks with MSA, makes for a very fun, very different play experience. It's possibly the only ranged set that comparable or superior mobility to Power Armor, and it also manages to be pretty fun while playing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    That's pretty hot sexy. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I freaking love the third costume. Robin Hood Hero here i come! :D At least it'll give me a reason to roll an Archery toon.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Zer0 wrote:
    I freaking love the third costume. Robin Hood Hero here i come! :D At least it'll give me a reason to roll an Archery toon.

I agree. My favorite part is the bracer with all the straps.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Non-laser bows are good :)

Don't get me wrong, we like laser bows, too. But non-laser bows are definitely needed.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I love this set!!! Just created my first archer type toon, and this will so help with her looks. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Beautiful set!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Looks good, REAL good. The alts in my head may finally get to become a reality. Keep up the good work on designing the costumes that players WANT.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Since it's been a issue with the last couple packs, I feel like I should mention that it'd be nice if the most of the costume pieces in this one are made available to both genders. The first one in particular looks like it'd work great.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I want a hat with the feather in it. Please!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Amazing. If this is selected, anyone know what the turn around is from concept to reality! I can think of 100 uses for this set beyond just archery.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hells yes !!! Paired with some sweet gadget equips and my concept is complete =D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    So... been waiting 3 months for this costume set and its not on the schedule for September. :confused:
    Any ETA on this?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    .... and apparently archery costumes are not on the schedule for October either. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    .... and apparently archery costumes are not on the schedule for October either. :(

Unfortunetly, Cryptic HATES archers... especially medieval looking ones :p

PS: I'm still waiting on a set like this for when I get around making an archery toon.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

PS: I'm still waiting on a set like this for when I get around making an archery toon.

Indeed they do =p. Honestly though I think this won't happen till they do a review to archery (hopefully... honestly archery its kinda plain right now there aren't any real fun powers in there, just simple damage powers, without any mechanics behind the framework... the only cool factor its that you are using a bow to do damage =p)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Indeed they do =p. Honestly though I think this won't happen till they do a review to archery (hopefully... honestly archery its kinda plain right now there aren't any real fun powers in there, just simple damage powers, without any mechanics behind the framework... the only cool factor its that you are using a bow to do damage =p)

Which is probably about a year out since they got a list of powersets they want to review currently and they are also working on new sets.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Dardove wrote:
    Which is probably about a year out since they got a list of powersets they want to review currently and they are also working on new sets.

So sad, yet so true
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I saw the topic title while browsing the forums and immediately thought: Turtleneck.

I want one in slightly darker black.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Can I at least put a feather in my hat?

:(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    SeraphyG wrote:
    If we are getting new bows, then we must get the one bow that is glaring by it's omission: The modern compound bow

We already have that it came with the Ranged weapons pack..I use that one.

Love the gauntlets on the third guy and the castle look on the Female actually pretty much everything on them looks great..

I'm sure we've had this before i feel Deja Vu

They seem to really hate archers almost as much as they hate Claw Martial arts wielders :( still waiting so long for actual claw skins and Ninja costumes they showed us months ago too..

Archers and claws the black sheep of Champions Online...:(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Bael1337 wrote:
    We already have that it came with the Ranged weapons pack..I use that one.

You know this thread was posted months ago and was before the ranged weapon pack was released (or shown in the art corner).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ooops... I didn't realize this was super old news. - edited.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Kahn wrote:
    Ooops... I didn't realize this was super old news. - edited.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hate to necro an old thread but is this set coming out? Personally it's one of my favourites and considering when the art was released I would have thought it'd be out by now.
  • Options
    ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *Preforms ritual to bring thread back from the great beyond* Why hasn't this set still come out?

Costumes_Archer.jpg

Costumes_Bows.jpg