test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A annoyance that has been happening over a year!!

bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
Hello all,

I'm sure there are many bugs that alot of people would like fixed but one in particular that I would like some light given to is the one concerning the UTC and SH queues. As Pvpers we get that we are on the short end of the stick but we would atleast like to be able to play all the maps with no issues. Since on alert we have not been able to do this due to an instance bug of sorts.

[System] [PvPWarning] You will be removed from the map in 10 seconds.

[System] Left channel "Team".

The above message is received more often then not when we joining a UTC or SH map and as it says ten seconds later we are booted from the map. The reason i post about this over other bugs is because it keeps players from actually being able to play part of the game. Please try not to troll the thread and try to just post positive things so that maybe this can be fixed!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This happens on alerts from time to time as well. Not sure what is causing it.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    igotbanned3timesigotbanned3times Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And Permanent Immune suddenly happened to Turrets since "Alert" patch applied.
    No meaning for "Summon Reinforcement" after that.
  • Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That, together with the minimum limit for PvP to pop (from 2 to 8) effectivelly killed PvP.

FIX IT, CRYPTIC

Its a simple fix probably (much easier than, say, adding a whole zone) and will keep the "MOAR CONTENT" guys busy for a while. Because PvP is content, in a way.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    aurinkosi wrote: »
    That, together with the minimum limit for PvP to pop (from 2 to 8) effectivelly killed PvP.

FIX IT, CRYPTIC

Its a simple fix probably (much easier than, say, adding a whole zone) and will keep the "MOAR CONTENT" guys busy for a while. Because PvP is content, in a way.

Not just queue but removed rewards for no reason killed Hero Games totally.
    tumblr_mhaujtOKm11r89q2no1_500.gif
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lestylo wrote: »
    This happens on alerts from time to time as well. Not sure what is causing it.

It happens in Alerts when the alert gets swapped out after it has matched players but before it can begin. The hero games bug is different, since hero games don't get swapped out.

FIX IT, CRYPTIC

You don't fix something after you purposely broke it.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    You don't fix something after you purposely broke it.

I wonder why they don't simply 'Remove' broken contents from the game if they aren't gonna fix.
    smoon_42_1024.jpg
  • Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OKAY WHAT'S UP WITH THE ANIME PICTURES

Also, i've heard about that "Killed PvP on purpose" conspiracy theory. The worst part? It kinda sounds plausible.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    OKAY WHAT'S UP WITH THE ANIME PICTURES.
    34283977.jpg
    Also, i've heard about that "Killed PvP on purpose" conspiracy theory. The worst part? It kinda sounds plausible.

I feel the Weapon skin removed from PvP vendor was huge pain.

Also plus, queue system fix for UTC/SH 2 -> 8 made more fatal for many people include me.
    Queue and wait long but nothing pop. Was very deadly for me.:frown:
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh my god yes this problem is so annoying, so rarely UTC, KOTH or SH actually pop and then it throws you out. Fun FUN FUN.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    34283977.jpg
    Ok so just instead of posting this no-sense image you could really explian what is wit ur anime images in ur replies! I`m one of those who doesn`t understand that sort of thing!

And now let me "insert" here my oppinion about that bug! That bug, as we already/ or not know happens when an alert is not active in the list with the alerts!
    What it could be a fix for this? PW/Cryptic should add a chronometer when that alert is supposed to become inactive. Something like: "Baron Cimitiere - Pyramid Power - Burst alert 15 seconds countdown till the alert will become inactive!"
    That way nobody would queue for the alert when they say that is little time before the alert will become inactive and nobody will be kicked out of the alert!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    ...KOTH or SH....
    Huh? And what supposed those things to mean?
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lunaw78 wrote: »
    Ok so just instead of posting that no-sense image you could really explian what is wit ur anime images in ur replies! I`m one of those who doesn`t understand that sort of thing!

And now let me "insert" here my oppinion about that bug! That bug, as we already/ or not know happens when an alert is not active in the list with the alerts!
    What it could be a fix for this? PW/Cryptic should add a chronometer when that alert is supposed to become inactive. Something like: "Baron Cimitiere - Pyramid Power - Burst alert 15 seconds countdown till the alert will become inactive!"
    That way nobody would queue for the alert when they say that is little time before the alert will become inactive and nobody will be kicked out of the alert!

A bunch of yes. Good idea.

Also, king of the hill = koth. sh = stronghold. pvp maps. Just fyi.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    I wonder why they don't simply 'Remove' broken contents from the game if they aren't gonna fix.
    smoon_42_1024.jpg

if they removed everything that was broken, there wouldn 't be much left.
    costumes-- gone
    events-gone
    areas- gone
    missions- gone
    nemesis- gone
    players- gone
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OH WOE IS ME!

I love a game that does not love me back . . . I am so tragic!

Blech

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    OH WOE IS ME!

I love a game that does not love me back . . . I am so tragic!

Blech
    Why you are so mean? :frown:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Ques don't ping right an when they do the game kicks you out of PvP U_U"

Just roll it back to the days of uneven teams at least the ques pinged and we could get a fight on, the fix you put in over a year ago borked the game -__-"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lunaw78 wrote: »
    Why you are so mean? :frown:

I am not so mean. I helped you in game a couple times today, in fact.

I am, however, bored with complaint threads, so I alleviate that boredom with humor.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Dev-onee-chan, won't you fix the pvp queues?
    tumblr_mh33kc6r7w1qf7xduo1_500.gif

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't worry folks, Cryptic North will be looking into this I'm sure.

tumblr_m4kbjqQmsP1rvadkmo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Someone find me an animated gif of a super hero beating Shirley Temple to death with a bus.

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Someone find me an animated gif of a super hero beating Shirley Temple to death with a bus.

SHIRLEY you don't mean that.

See what I did there?...okay yeah that was awful.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Players agreeing with one another does not get anything fixed.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Players agreeing with one another does not get anything fixed.

I disagree.

:D

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Definitely working as intended. By automatically kicking people out, the PvP queues remain inactive and unpopular, therefore making sure PvP doesn't become popular again! If PvP becomes popular again, people start raging about OP powers, combinations and legacy devices, thus prompting the developers to waste valuable hours attempting to rebalance things when there's lockboxes to be made and keys to be sold.

Kidding, of course! PvP's likely remained really buggy since On Alert because
    A) PvPers are a vast, vocal minority (and have recently degenerated to ... well... just look at the Hero Games forums)
    B) PvP is unwelcoming to new players, by virtue of crazy imbalances and veteran players eager to smash faces.
    C) It's kind of impossible to market PvP without introducing new mechanics that imbalance the hell out of the already balanced game. Legacy Devices, for example. Legion Gear is arguably another big deal in the PvP community, considering the crit gloves and avoidance breastplate are often parts of top-tier builds. All of these are purchased through a pay-or-non-PvP-related-grind-wall. R9 mods as well.
    D) It might just be flat-out hard to fix and is low priority because all of the above.

Doing anything to fix PvP at this stage in the game would likely only wind up hurting profit margins. Nerf/limit legacy devices in PvP? Suddenly having 5 NPGs stops being desirable and people stop buying Legacy Device bags. Fix the PvP queue system? OK, instead of 8 players, we now have 10 people queueing for Hero Games and successfully playing, boy, that sure was fun and profitable. New PvPers don't enter just because the queue system works, because there's nothing to work for in the PvP system, and new PvPers wind up getting smacked down anyway so there isn't much reason to bother to get into CO PvP unless you really are that bored.

I want to see PvP fixed, but... well, I just don't think it's happening anytime soon.
  • Options
    amaylia#4459 amaylia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Definitely working as intended. By automatically kicking people out, the PvP queues remain inactive and unpopular, therefore making sure PvP doesn't become popular again! If PvP becomes popular again, people start raging about OP powers, combinations and legacy devices, thus prompting the developers to waste valuable hours attempting to rebalance things when there's lockboxes to be made and keys to be sold.

Kidding, of course! PvP's likely remained really buggy since On Alert because
    A) PvPers are a vast, vocal minority (and have recently degenerated to ... well... just look at the Hero Games forums)
    B) PvP is unwelcoming to new players, by virtue of crazy imbalances and veteran players eager to smash faces.
    C) It's kind of impossible to market PvP without introducing new mechanics that imbalance the hell out of the already balanced game. Legacy Devices, for example. Legion Gear is arguably another big deal in the PvP community, considering the crit gloves and avoidance breastplate are often parts of top-tier builds. All of these are purchased through a pay-or-non-PvP-related-grind-wall. R9 mods as well.
    D) It might just be flat-out hard to fix and is low priority because all of the above.

Doing anything to fix PvP at this stage in the game would likely only wind up hurting profit margins. Nerf/limit legacy devices in PvP? Suddenly having 5 NPGs stops being desirable and people stop buying Legacy Device bags. Fix the PvP queue system? OK, instead of 8 players, we now have 10 people queueing for Hero Games and successfully playing, boy, that sure was fun and profitable. New PvPers don't enter just because the queue system works, because there's nothing to work for in the PvP system, and new PvPers wind up getting smacked down anyway so there isn't much reason to bother to get into CO PvP unless you really are that bored.

I want to see PvP fixed, but... well, I just don't think it's happening anytime soon.

Surprisingly insightful. A bit jaded, but unfortunately, this seems like a likely scenario. We have to keep in mind, that the developers don't usually get to decide what they do with their time, the managers do, and managers generally suck, from a non-business perspective.