test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you consider a "Cheap" build

cyraxiscyraxis Posts: 79 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Hero Games
Of course everyones builds are unique but for me personally there are some things that just irritate me.

This is my opinion when it comes to PvP and builds. Feel free to dispute.
----

I despise Min-maxing at times. Sometimes players can make it work but most of the time it annoys me.

For example: Fought this dark demon lord toon who had a combo of all those powers that everyone has.

Pistols, Strafing run, ebon ruin, evasive manuvers, Primal aura ect.

It is not the powers that annoy me but the combination of them and no attempt at a theme.

Basically "I think I should pick the strongest powers this game has and pack them into one toon and disregard any other aspect of my toon or the game in general."

Instead of "I want to make a build that is powerful yet has a great theme and story behind those powers."
---

Good examples are Rhino (never met him ingame yet) but just looking at him I know he has a great story behind that brute.

Caliga is also a good example. A very powerful player that has a constantly evolving build however he has a great theme and story wrapped around it.

pffft rambling now. I am not the only one right? What builds do you prefer to use and why do you use them?
Post edited by cyraxis on

Comments

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The thing about CO PvP is that all the theme is out the window. Winning is all that matters and nobody is going to chase theme when the best is blatantly obvious.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Criticizing people's choices, when said choices are deliberate and rationed, is always going to piss people off.
  • Options
    cyraxiscyraxis Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do agree with you on that hobo.

If anyone walked up to me and said

"your build is retarded and I hate your toon"

Of course I would take that personally and argue right back.

But when I see a rock golem player that uses strafing run and 2gm in the back of my mind I say
    "Seriously? Are you even trying anymore"

If winning is all that matters when it comes to a build like that then Id prefer to be mediocre and enjoy myself more.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Find a community of players who play like you and lock out the haters.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Basically any of those builds that just pile in all the obviously better powers is how I would define a cheap build... pretty much the same way anyone does. I'm okay with it though so long as the person using the build admits that it's cheap, they did it that way so they could win, and doesn't try to act like there's a counter to it that doesn't essentially involve doing the same thing.

I'd be amazed if, when I ask someone for pvp strategy advice, their answer doesn't involve completely changing my build. Seems like all your future success and failure has been determined the second you step out of the powerhouse; folks sometimes try to convince themselves otherwise, but I see people proving it everyday.

With the way the game is right now... we can't really call those builds cheap. If we're going to be realistic, we need to call them necessary. The powers window is basically an armory filled with a bunch of knives, and a few shotguns.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    $50.00 seems like a good price.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In fairness though. Mismatched powers can fit comic book themes. A comic book about a Clay Golem who fights crime using a robot companion who flies a jet while it shoots Magitek lasers from its eyes isn't too entirely out of place for a comic book character in the 90s... Or a villain in the 80s, to be honest. Just because they don't seem to fit doesn't mean it can't be hand waved, since superhero settings are weird enough that you get screwy concepts often.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The thing about CO Pvp is that all the theme is out the window. Winning is all that matters and nobody is going to chase theme when the best is blatantly obvious.
    ^^ This.

Dueling and Co PVP are different animals. CO PVP back in the day (A few years ago) had some powerful builds, but a bigger pool of different builds that could hold their own.

That same set of powers the OP spoke of is now standard and not out of the norm in Duels in the ren center or elsewhere. Concept? Why would they care about that? Those people only care about one thing. Winning at all and any cost. What they win in a duel is unknown...but whatever. To each their own. You really shouldn't get frustrated imo however. You can watch them fight others before they challenge you. You can decline their offer to duel.

Let people do what they want. Want to build a soulless copy cat build? Fine. As long as they don't bother or insult you they have a right to play and build as they like. I used to rage and hate on those people/builds. I have learned to let it go. I like being original and myself. I couldn't imagine using what 80% of the people i see dueling and in ZA use.

I see it this way, do i really want people to tell me how i should build and play this game?
    In other words, i might not have a lot of respect for those people or builds but they paid (or not) to play this game too.

In this Co world, we have to live together.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    At this point it is common knowledge that PSS Str w/SSS Con/Int offers the most survivability, Perception and Cool Down. Why don't you all cut to the chase and simply state that AoPM is considered "cheap?" Fact is, those super stats make any passive worthwhile in PvP but most people choose not to look at it that way. I choose AoPM on my main, but I have 3 other lvl 40's with viable builds who do not use AoPM. Fact is, my main is the best geared due to lack of devs rewarding HG participants like they use too.

Another power considered "cheap" by the masses is Ebon Ruin. Why? Because it does mild spike damage, yet is the only ranged attack to debuff healing by a % equal to at least two melee attacks. Not very fair to fault ranged PvPers for that, tho. Since everyone uses at least 3 heal powers anymore, why wouldn't a PvPer use ER? So call them cheap, but that term only exploits your lack of knowledge, in addition to your ("your" as in anyone calling ER or AoPM cheap) obvious holding of a grudge. What works vs ER? Obviously defensive passives, Shadow Form and Seraphim. I have an awesome Seraphim toon, but his gear is R5 Heroic at best so in the current meta it doesn't perform as well vs everyone with a minimal of R7 Legion gears. But, going back to what I originally stated, we all know what stats do best. Almost any passive with said stats, R7 Legion gear, heal powers and debuff attacks can do very well in PvP.

The only thing I think is cheap, is that this game has all but 100% abandoned the PvP aspect of CO. And the devs have given us so few viable attacks & superstats to work with.

Additionally, you will not recieve much sympathy whining about "theme" in the HG forums.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I do believe the "Devs/cryptic" are the ones to blame here mostly. If more powers or sets were brought up to speed and preformed better, i think we would see less of the standard pvp power set up that we see today.

I know all of the ins and outs of what ER and aopm can do. Not because somebody told me, but because i spent countless hours in the lab testing those powers! A year ago! Also, people will go with what works. That's a proven fact. I'm no fan of ranged builds most of the time. I understand the hate of ranged builds with ER, geyser, aopm. They are for the most part, everywhere you go. With that said, there needs to be a change!( I don't mean nerf either)

And the devs have the power to do so. I just don't think they care about PVP enough to do something about it.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    At this point it is common knowledge that PSS Str w/SSS Con/Int offers the most survivability, Perception and Cool Down.

I also do PSS CON w/SSS INT/EGO and PSS INT w/SSS PRE/CON. Both work well. :D
    Not sure about other but we can try new things.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You have to remember that powers aren't "PvP powers," since there is no such thing. Every change to every power affects the whole game.

This game needs more people who are willing to test things on their own instead of asking people to build everything for them and fill their heads with false ideas.
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    1: lock out devices in pvp.
    2: nerf force geysers range to 50 feet, or its cooldown to 10 seconds.
    3: rework some powers and advantages.
    4: voila! pvp improved!

Voila! Gradii can win now!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What do I consider a cheap build. An Inferno . Thats a free AT so its cheap cause it doesnt cost monies!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    1: lock out devices in pvp.
    2: nerf force geysers range to 50 feet, or its cooldown to 10 seconds.
    3: rework some powers and advantages.
    4: voila! pvp improved!

Cooldown reduction, knock resistance, crit severity being easy as sh.. to acquire en masse.

• Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to remember that powers aren't "PvP powers," since there is no such thing. Every change to every power affects the whole game.

This game needs more people who are willing to test things on their own instead of asking people to build everything for them and fill their heads with false ideas.

Indeed and that's why PvP used to irk me so much.

A lot of nerfs happened on powers that were okay or balanced for PvE because of what they did in PvP. God knows how many powers never saw the light of day because of how they 'might' affect PvP

So the 'death' of PvP is welcome for me in a way, but I dont think its fair to the PvP fans

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Cheap build?

AOPM+Geyser+2 gm+Ebon Ruin+Broken Throwing Blades+ 5 devices=Cheap azz hell build.

And yes, many people use that very set-up. And some will tell you it's theme or original!!

LOL! Wtf?? Must be future politicians. If they say it, it must be so. Not. :cool:
  • Options
    implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cheap build?

AOPM+Geyser+2 gm+Ebon Ruin+Broken Throwing Blades+ 5 devices=Cheap azz hell build.

And yes, many people use that very set-up. And some will tell you it's theme or original!!

LOL! Wtf?? Must be future politicians. If they say it, it must be so. Not. :cool:

What idiot would use 2 gun mojo with throwing blades? infacct you don't even need anything with the broken throwing blades exploit, just get quarry and make it hit loads you'll get 3-4k on each of it's hits killing people in seconds...

But really no one really has a 'copy' build, all of the top players have something unique there so that their build works with their play style.

I'd say my build has a 'theme.' I'm an Ice Imp that uses technology, that being said I'm not going to go into loads of stupid details and start RPing. It is a challenge to make a theme build work but some people don't even try and throw a bunch of rubbish in their build saying that it's a theme. Oh and whats wrong with having devices on your tray? I have 2 devices that are from my pre-order from steam, they don't really do that much but they do some random stupid effects when I fall to low health and on gives me glowy arms, that being said I still have them on in combat as they still give a slight protection to certain things.

I love it when people start saying that all there is in PvP is ebon ruin, two gun mojo and AOPM. I'd say that two gun mojo wise quarry is the more used passive and many people that use ebon ruin only tap it for the trauma effect.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    implin wrote: »
    What idiot would use 2 gun mojo with throwing blades? infacct you don't even need anything with the broken throwing blades exploit, just get quarry and make it hit loads you'll get 3-4k on each of it's hits killing people in seconds...

But really no one really has a 'copy' build, all of the top players have something unique there so that their build works with their play style.

I'd say my build has a 'theme.' I'm an Ice Imp that uses technology, that being said I'm not going to go into loads of stupid details and start RPing. It is a challenge to make a theme build work but some people don't even try and throw a bunch of rubbish in their build saying that it's a theme. Oh and whats wrong with having devices on your tray? I have 2 devices that are from my pre-order from steam, they don't really do that much but they do some random stupid effects when I fall to low health and on gives me glowy arms, that being said I still have them on in combat as they still give a slight protection to certain things.

I love it when people start saying that all there is in PvP is ebon ruin, two gun mojo and AOPM. I'd say that two gun mojo wise quarry is the more used passive and many people that use ebon ruin only tap it for the trauma effect.
    Yes. What idiot(s) indeed.
    Yet people will use broken powers if it will give them a leg up. Even you gave a description of how to get "More" out of throwing blades by using Quarry!

Sad state of affairs I tell you. Also, if you like using devices, that's your thing. I on the other hand, find them annoying. I don't use them. But to each their own. Defensive ones are the worst IMHO. In pve however, who cares. Do what you want. Against other players who don't have these devices or don't want anything to do with them(Me)it's a bit cheap.

With that said...if you tell others before hand "I use devices" and they still accept your duel or pvp match, well hey all bets are off. They know what they signed up for. No crying allowed at that point.
  • Options
    clawsandeffectclawsandeffect Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *shrug*

I bring concept characters on the rare occasions I PvP.

I haven't gotten comfortable enough with this game to dive into it yet, but I will at some point.

My favorite character so far uses Two-Gun Mojo, Evasive Maneuvers, Throwing Blades, and Quarry. His other main attacks are Gunslinger, Holdout Shot, and Lead Tempest. When Throwing Blades is changed and no longer quite so overpowered, I'm not going to spec into something else. He has them for a reason, and their brokenness is not that reason.

Everything about him fits into a theme that just might have some PvP viability. Being good at PvP wasn't even a blip on my radar when I created him, I just wanted a set of powers that fit his concept and sounded like fun to play.

So, Strafing Run is powerful? That's nice. My character has no access to a jet to call in, so I'm not taking it.

I do min/max, but I do so within the boundaries of my character concept. Whether that min/maxing leads to being good at PvP is totally irrelevant and has no bearing whatsoever on my decision making.

In the last game I played (CoH), I did occasionally make some concessions to PvP ability, but there I also had the ability to create 2 completely separate builds with different power choices to do so. Can't do that here, so I won't be building with PvP in mind.

I despise the "Win any way you can, no matter how cheap the victory is" mentality in ANY game. Yeah, winning's great, but if I have to be a tool with a cookie-cutter build to win, I'm perfectly happy losing and having fun doing it. And when I get tired of losing, I'll just go find something else to do. Winning at a video game has never had any impact on my sense of self-worth at all, so if I lose a PvP fight it's no big deal.

I dunno, maybe I'm a rarity among players who PvP. It's not my primary reason for playing a given game, and I don't have a "win at any cost" outlook on it.

For the record: I had no idea that Two-Gun Mojo, Throwing Blades, and Quarry was considered a "cheap" PvP build until I read this thread. My character is a covert operative who specializes in using small, easily concealed projectile weapons. Handguns and small thrown objects fit that description.

Aura of Primal Majesty? Nope. Ebon Ruin? Not a chance. Devices? Don't have any at all, probably won't bother with them unless they can be acquired in-game without excessive grinding. No Force Geyser either.

My Super Stats are Dex, Ego, and Int, and I'm not changing them to be better at PvP.

How about that. I stumbled across a decent PvP combo completely by accident. But not really.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    As it turns out, there are like 5 powers that just happen to fit all the "good pvpers" personal playstyles.

This a good made game.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Implin said: :eek:

I laughed and laughed. Then I read it again and laughed some more.
    Either that's some serious denial or I have been playing another game the past 4 years!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Implin said: :eek:

Either that's some serious denial or I have been playing another game the past 4 years!

Due to knowledge of various exploits and such I well know the the top players all use various things.

Paradigm uses flight, as soon as someone hits him down from the sky he'll use ascension to get back up there, by the time ascension goes he can put his flight on again. He also uses intelligence primary which many other pvp'ers do not use.

Green machine always has very high health as he tries to get as high health as possible by using various spec's and using the right gear, he also has crazy healing.

Green Saber wouldn't ever have that high health, although him and aphro had almost the exact same build they were not exactly the same at all. Aphro was more defensive while saber had much more damage although he relied on dodge more than aphro.

May I ask, who even are you? I'm not in denial, but I stand by what I said there. Playstyle is almost everything in champions due to the combat system, it is much different to other MMO's which is why I am here. So you can stop your pointless trolling right now as it's gonna get you no where.

Chuunibyou-Haters-gonna-hate2.gif

But what clawsandeffect made me laugh. ;) Just saying, quarry is just as used in pvp as AOPM if not more if you want a TGM build. And not getting ebon ruin with a TGM is kinda stupid... All it is used for is trauma, then if you wanna go for a pure con build you can get the darkness energy unlock which means the DOT damage of ebon ruin will give you energy every 3 seconds. Thats more energy than MSA gives too if you have super high con like most pvp builds do. Also dex is a great primary, much higher crit severity than all other primaries.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    But what clawsandeffect made me laugh

Why'd it make you laugh? I was being totally honest.

The powers I picked really do fit my concept, and PvP really had nothing to do with me picking them.

My old CoH main happened to have the best Scrapper secondary for PvP as well, which I picked a couple years before I took an interest in it, and a couple years before PvP got massively changed (which is what led to it being the best secondary)

(Secondary = slotted passive, more or less. For those who never played CoH)

The downside to that was the primary I picked didn't have a whole lot of damage output, so you probably weren't going to kill me, but I didn't stand much chance of killing you either. I had a lot of stalemates. Kinda funny when you see two melee characters fighting for more than 10 minutes with neither of them even close to dying.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Due to knowledge of various exploits and such I well know the the top players all use various things.

Paradigm uses flight, as soon as someone hits him down from the sky he'll use ascension to get back up there, by the time ascension goes he can put his flight on again. He also uses intelligence primary which many other pvp'ers do not use.

Green machine always has very high health as he tries to get as high health as possible by using various spec's and using the right gear, he also has crazy healing.

Green Saber wouldn't ever have that high health, although him and aphro had almost the exact same build they were not exactly the same at all. Aphro was more defensive while saber had much more damage although he relied on dodge more than aphro.

May I ask, who even are you? I'm not in denial, but I stand by what I said there. Playstyle is almost everything in champions due to the combat system, it is much different to other MMO's which is why I am here. So you can stop your pointless trolling right now as it's gonna get you no where.

Chuunibyou-Haters-gonna-hate2.gif

But what clawsandeffect made me laugh. ;) Just saying, quarry is just as used in pvp as AOPM if not more if you want a TGM build. And not getting ebon ruin with a TGM is kinda stupid... All it is used for is trauma, then if you wanna go for a pure con build you can get the darkness energy unlock which means the DOT damage of ebon ruin will give you energy every 3 seconds. Thats more energy than MSA gives too if you have super high con like most pvp builds do. Also dex is a great primary, much higher crit severity than all other primaries.
    Ok. First off, not agreeing with someone is not trolling! Second, those people you mentioned are not the only ones who pvp! And 3rd who are you?

Are you an expert on what others should and can choose. Or on their opinions on said subject? Keep your stupid anime Bs crap to yourself and grow the eff up!

It's not a crime to disagree. I did it in a light hearted way at that. Sorry if it hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intent. I know a lot more about this game than you think.
    And I don't use Aopm. Quarry. Devices. Ebon ruin. Geyser. And I do quite well. Duels. pvp (ZA mostly) Pve. Doesn't matter. Just because I choose not to be loud and brag about my builds doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on this subject. Sometimes people don't want to use what every body and their mom is using. That would be me and a few other "free thinkers". Deal with it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ok. First off, not agreeing with someone is not trolling! Second, those people you mentioned are not the only ones who pvp! And 3rd who are you?

On champions everything you say is trolling.

Those people I mentioned are some of the best at PvP, I can mention many others. Only the people who don't create their own build actually don't have something remotely different and aimed to their playstyle.

As it says under all my posts 'I.M.P.@drimp in Champions' I use a manipulator ice form strafing run build that works like an SS build but ranged. The fact you haven't heard of me makes me doubt you know much about PvP at this very moment.

No one I have asked knows who you are and you don't seem to be telling me. :)
    Are you an expert on what others should and can choose. Or on their opinions on said subject? Keep your stupid anime Bs crap to yourself and grow the eff up!

There's nothing wrong with anime and..

Don't be hypercritical. If you can't take it then don't give it, messiah and luci learned that the hard way.

chuunibyou3.gif
    It's not a crime to disagree. I did it in a light hearted way at that. Sorry if it hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intent. I know a lot more about this game than you think.
    And I don't use Aopm. Quarry. Devices. Ebon ruin. Geyser. And I do quite well. Duels. pvp (ZA mostly) Pve. Doesn't matter. Just because I choose not to be loud and brag about my builds doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on this subject. Sometimes people don't want to use what every body and their mom is using.

Urrhhhmm was that aimed at me? You do quite a lot? The tell me how come I don't know who you are... Also what build are you using if you apparently have such an amazingly different and original build.

tumblr_lt16in8bo61r3j59ko1_500.jpg
    That would be me and a few other "free thinkers". Deal with it.

meme.jpg

Well dem haters are gon hate... :) keep thinking freely!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Ha Ha i see i'm the mature one here. And yes, i have seen you before. Matter of fact, i think we just had a duel the other day in the ren center. The fact that you say..."If you have not heard of me then you don't know much about pvp" is so arrogant and snooty that i could only smh.

I think i asked you before the fight, with you being ranged and me being melee/hybrid "Are you going to run"? And you saying "No" i will show you". Do you remember that fight? Or is there somebody else with that same build you described? As well as that name...

Do you remember the outcome? I don't want to assume anything, if you truly can't recall.

My toons name was "Epic". Like i said, i have been here awhile. I play this game on my terms. I am not here to be seen and judged by others who claim to be the best at anything.

If you fought me, you know i'm no push over. Yet, i never claimed i was great. Just that my builds work for me. No matter the situation. That is not bragging or putting myself above anyone. Again, it's good to be mature about things. Even in a video game. No anime needed.
    Or put downs to make my point. And my point is...i don't have to agree with anyone on how a build should be made. There are more ways to make a viable build for many situations without having to use copy cat powers regardless of play style.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ha Ha i see i'm the mature one here. And yes, i have seen you before. Matter of fact, i think we just had a duel the other day in the ren center. The fact that you say..."If you have not heard of me then you don't know much about pvp" is so arrogant and snooty that i could only smh.

I think i asked you before the fight, with you being ranged and me being melee/hybrid "Are you going to run"? And you saying "No" i will show you". Do you remember that fight? Or is there somebody else with that same build you described? As well as that name...

Do you remember the outcome? I don't want to assume anything, if you truly can't recall.

My toons name was "Epic". Like i said, i have been here awhile. I play this game on my terms. I am not here to be seen and judged by others who claim to be the best at anything.

If you fought me, you know i'm no push over. Yet, i never claimed i was great. Just that my builds work for me. No matter the situation. That is not bragging or putting myself above anyone. Again, it's good to be mature about things. Even in a video game. No anime needed.
    Or put downs to make my point. And my point is...i don't have to agree with anyone on how a build should be made. There are more ways to make a viable build for many situations without having to use copy cat powers regardless of play style.

*cleared up in game

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Being a pvp pro in this game is a confusing experience, since you have to both claim that any builds can be used in pvp if you do it right, but you also have to look down your nose at people who think they can compete while using a "bad build".

• Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Being a pvp pro in this game is a confusing experience, since you have to both claim that any builds can be used in pvp if you do it right, but you also have to look down your nose at people who think they can compete while using a "bad build".

It depends on which crowd one wishes to achieve pvp pro status from. There are too many conflicting opinions in this community, especially for how small it is.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Oh, you mean:
    The fact you haven't heard of me makes me doubt you know much about PvP at this very moment.

Stuff like that?

Anyways, concerning the same quote, I didn't know you until 1 or 2 months ago, and I believe it is pretty much the same thing for everyone I know. It is useless to pretend to be experienced right now as anyone can reach the highest level of 'awesomeness' in two weeks, the best thing to do is to just have fun with what's left, not behave like a prick and trying to make a name by all possible means.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Anyways, concerning the same quote, I didn't know you until 1 or 2 months ago, and I believe it is pretty much the same thing for everyone I know. It is useless to pretend to be experienced right now as anyone can reach the highest level of 'awesomeness' in two weeks, the best thing to do is to just have fun with what's left, not behave like a prick and trying to make a name by all possible means.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I don't know any of you.

Unless some of you played CoH and are going by different names now.

For what it's worth, builds I consider cheap are ones that use powers and/or tactics that can't be countered except by ridiculous means. In any game that has any semblance of balance, those are generally pretty rare.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »

PvP at this very moment. <- Not talking about PvP before then.

Anyway this argument we cleared up in game, stop trying to prolong it.

And yes you wouldn't have known me until then as I only came back 4 months ago after being here at the start for a bit. This was an argument based off a misunderstanding. I don't like people saying that it is impossible to make anything different than two gun mojo and UR or even ebon ruin or strafing run. Because that is simply not true, you just have to think smart instead of being so narrow minded about the game. Yes the game has plenty of bugs and imbalance issues but there is still plenty out there to be explored.

Now lets not let coPvP arguments flood into the forums...

• Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PvP at this very moment. <- Not talking about PvP before then.

Anyway this argument we cleared up in game, stop trying to prolong it.

And yes you wouldn't have known me until then as I only came back 4 months ago after being here at the start for a bit. This was an argument based off a misunderstanding. I don't like people saying that it is impossible to make anything different than two gun mojo and UR or even ebon ruin or strafing run. Because that is simply not true, you just have to think smart instead of being so narrow minded about the game. Yes the game has plenty of bugs and imbalance issues but there is still plenty out there to be explored.

Now lets not let coPvP arguments flood into the forums...

I don't have a problem with people stating this...but your character(s) both use SR.

So calling others narrow minded for not thinking outside those powers is a bit hypocritical.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't have a problem with people stating this...but your character(s) both use SR.

So calling others narrow minded for not thinking outside those powers is a bit hypocritical.

What?

One of my characters uses SR with ice form.

The other one is at the moment using Ice Blast and Ebon ruin... I don't know who you think my other character is.. :/

I also have another character I'm gonna try something with.

• Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What?

One of my characters uses SR with ice form.

The other one is at the moment using Ice Blast and Ebon ruin... I don't know who you think my other character is.. :/

I also have another character I'm gonna try something with.

My mistake...but the comment still holds true...since both of your characters use those powers...it's not really your place to call anyone narrow minded for not thinking outside of those powers.

Anyways...I will point out that I have also seen good pvp'ers without any of those powers.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My mistake...but the comment still holds true...since both of your characters use those powers...it's not really your place to call anyone narrow minded for not thinking outside of those powers.

You mean not moving outside the ice powerset?

(FYI I have ebon ruin there for more than just the trauma and damage, I use it to regain energy as my build uses not int on my III toon but is pretty much just Con and Ego so I use darkness DOT damage with fear)

I do make other builds with my bro but he usually ends up using them on his toon's. ;) We recently made a power armour build.

• Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    9xvi.png

I think I color my posts in piss too cuz it's just too fitting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    lucysneakymynxlucysneakymynx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You may change your name back now, i.m.p./I.m.p.

heheh <3 ^_~
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    A cheap build is the one I make right after getting a free retcon.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    skillz >> builds

Heroes, stop fail powerbuilding and start fighting.
  • Options
    purestofgreenpurestofgreen Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skillz >> builds

Heroes, stop fail powerbuilding and start fighting.

Emotes >> Skillz >> Builds

. . .

YEP
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Exactly!! Finally something logical. ^_^

[BOOM_RAWR]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    A cheap build is when I got my neighbor to build my shed for half of what it would have cost to get it done professionally.

She even put in some nice shelves and a ramp.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    A cheap build is anything that shreds "legendary" weaklings, like NW/cyclone/DW. Only 36 G! Green kienie must be going for Olympic gold at the 200-meter sprint. Too bad duel teams are only 5 players!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    giv munni ^_^ I pay yew g yew giv me k

XD haha
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    A cheap build is the job they did on my house. I recently got a new TV, hung it on my wall, and noticed that the bottom of the TV lined up with my mantle, but the top of the TV was crooked to the ceiling... so either I have a crooked mantle, or a crooked ceiling.

Don't worry, I just went and got a bigger tv to cover it up.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I might have to hire smoochy to do some repairs around my house. ^_^