test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sad to say Neverwinter is a lot better than CO

jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
I have been playing CO after the beta and while it was fun for awhile, i have never reached level 40 until some time this year. CO has gone down hill ever since the merger to Perfect world, to be able to have the best and have awesome stuff is to be a gold member and even then u STILL need to pay real money for more awesome stuff.

CO lacks content and rarely updates and when ever they do bring something cool out they put it in a lock box which is so stupid.

Now NW does that too but the game is more free then CO, you can still buy extra stuff and you still probably HAVE TO pay real money to get more bags and mounts and services but you can still play without that stuff (only thing im willing to spend money on is for bag space)

When Neverwinter was in beta i hated it, i didn't want to play it cause devs are working more on NW then CO. I stuck with CO as long as i could just hoping they release something worth while to come back to. I do not know if i will ever come back to CO maybe or maybe not but so far i am having so much fun just like i was when CO was still fresh.

The thing that sold me the most was the foundry, it is awesome, it is not too limited either

I just hope they don't ruin it like they did with CO

Ok guys...flame on!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• Options
    supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter is new to you. CO Is not. Of course you are finding more interest in it.

I felt pretty into NW too, but after the shine is gone I kind of feel like it hasn't a lot of potential.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I found that NW has no superheroes. It has elfs and orcs.
    So CO is better than Neverwinter.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sad to say but a paperclip and a sheet of paper is more fun then this game. I agree with the op
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    Sad to say Neverwinter is a lot better than CO

That is a valid opinion.

Not one that I agree with.

Go and enjoy whichever game you choose to play.
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Quoted for truth. I'm here cause I like creating and playing superheroes.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    CO lacks content and rarely updates and when ever they do bring something cool out they put it in a lock box which is so stupid.

Content is not in lockboxes in CO. There are no missions that are unlocked only by getting lucky with a lockbox drop. There are no action packs or alerts that you can only do with a lockbox.

mods and gear are not content.
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2013

CO also has Elves and Orcs; best of both worlds! :biggrin:
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Content is not in lockboxes in CO. There are no missions that are unlocked only by getting lucky with a lockbox drop. There are no action packs or alerts that you can only do with a lockbox.

mods and gear are not content.
    And then there's that new Emote pack - the one that's in the C-Store for 475 Zen, not in a lockbox, and is making me think about reviving Death Metal... :smile:

(And the potential helmet drops in Fatal Err0r, and the new AF.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To the OP, thanks for your opinion, enjoy Neverwinter.

My opinion differs. i find CO a more enjoyable game.

NWO has many things CO doesn't liek a foundry and new game engine. Good for it.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like Champions better.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    NWO does a lot of things right; the system for things like lairs and skirmishes are far more elegantly integrated into the game, and the graphics are much superior. Some of the Foundry missions are terrific and that community is very creative, as they're given more tools and assets, we should see some amazing scenarios.

However, CO has much better customization, and doesn't gouge you nearly as much for a costume change.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Neverewinter is better than CO???

ROFL...

got to 60 in a week in that on-rails game.... havent been back since and wont either.

been playing CO since open beta.....and still playing.

so yeah.... not even close.
    edited July 2013
    Better? Not really.

I tried to like NW and you know what? I can't.

It has better graphics.

It's yet another fantasy game. It has no meaningful character customisation. It's like playing Archetypes here, but AT can be at least made to look as your own character. NW? Nope, you will always end looking generic, or similar to someone, even if spending money at it. Because there are too few armors models and dyes.

Its action based gameplay isn't that action based to begin with. Main flaw - attacks are rooting you in place.

It has nothing to do with actual DnD mechanic, even with its 4th ed bastardisation - save for names for powers.

And worst thing - it's set in this ridiculous 4th ed setting. The thing which broke FR realms so badly that it's not even RP playable for me. Not like FR was my favourite DnD world, but its 4th ed incarnation is pathetic. Cosmology broken, pantheons broken.

It's yet another generic fantasy game. Tons of them already are on the market.

NW bosses and lairs are... Well, their difficulty level is achieved only by spamming tons of adds. Few of them has different AI. You saw one boss there, you saw like... 90% of them.

So what was its saving grace for me? The Foundry?

Tried it.
    Good stuff. Did one adventure, it was liked and I had nice tips then I had it withdrawn for improvements. But I was unable to force myself to work at it, as I've lost interest in NW completely. So my adventure is in forever limbo now because I will not be installing NW again.
    Not even Foundry can make me playing boring game.

Uninstalled this whole thing.

The only thing I really envy NW is the Foundry. They can keep all the rest.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, that's a very valid opinion, mine is that I even played Steampunk Kittens in Fantasy Setting 2 and I still like CO better because is about super heroes and sharks with lasers :3

Mechashark with laserssss!! 83

1024x576.resizedimage

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First and foremost, I'm not cutting down your opinion and saying it's wrong. I don't agree, but I respect your right to play what you want if you like it.
    I have been playing CO after the beta and while it was fun for awhile, i have never reached level 40 until some time this year. CO has gone down hill ever since the merger to Perfect world, to be able to have the best and have awesome stuff is to be a gold member and even then u STILL need to pay real money for more awesome stuff.

Kind of how it works. Game development isn't a charity. But since the PWE merger? I have to agree.

Neverwinter's population has taken a nosedive, from what I hear. Give it a few months, you'll be seeing the same thing happen.

I don't like Neverwinter. Why?

Fantasy RPers and fanatics irk me. The only Fantasy I like is A Song of Ice and Fire (That'd be 'Game of Thrones' if you only watch the show).

There's enough fantasy out there, and it just doesn't stop coming. I'm not sure who did it, but someone put it into every game developer's head that MMORPG=FANTASY SETTING. I despise this. WoW didn't become successful because it had elves and swords, we've seen how no one else using this exact same formula has been successful.

Sure, you can argue it's 'popular' and appeals to a lot of people, but it doesn't to me. I don't like my appearance to be based on what I had to raid and grind for, either, and Neverwinter fell right into that.

To each their own, but IMO, fantasy MMO's are played out and need to die.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013

No. It has elves and elves and elves and elves and orcs. :rolleyes:

I was excited about Neverwinter, too. I spent around $400 on it total, stopped playing much of Champs during that time. After the shininess wore off, it started feeling like every other generic fantasy MMO. Combat was more fun than other fantasy MMOs, but that wasn't enough. Coupled with my favorite class not being what I expected at all, and I'm just BLEH all over Neverwinter. I'll very likely keep playing it, but despite how much more technically advanced is is than Champions, I think Champions is a much better game. Because it's all about your character here, and here, you're not just Fighter #42382 + Gearscore.

Champs needs a kick in the pants, and Foundry would be great for it, but for all its flaws, I can't stop liking Champs even if I tried.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they both have their merits and both are very enjoyable games.

I actually wish both would adopt more of the other's features.:cool:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Now NW does that too but the game is more free then CO, you can still buy extra stuff and you still probably HAVE TO pay real money to get more bags and mounts and services but you can still play without that stuff (only thing im willing to spend money on is for bag space)

When Neverwinter was in beta i hated it, i didn't want to play it cause devs are working more on NW then CO. I stuck with CO as long as i could just hoping they release something worth while to come back to. I do not know if i will ever come back to CO maybe or maybe not but so far i am having so much fun just like i was when CO was still fresh.

The thing that sold me the most was the foundry, it is awesome, it is not too limited either

Ok guys...flame on!!

Your Captain Freaking Obvious huh. A thread about how a game that just came out is better than a game that came out 4 years ago. Of course Neverwinter is better , bet your momma is proud of yew that you figured that out.

NW is fun and I do like playing it but it doesnt have Supers so CO is mah thing.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Ok guys...flame on!!

The foundry is the only good part to neverwinter. otherwise its basically just a more blatant cash grab than STO or CO.
  • Options
    lucasjacksonlucasjackson Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    NW is fun and I do like playing it but it doesnt have Supers so CO is mah thing.

+1 for the Pulp Fiction quote!
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    The foundry is the only good part to neverwinter. otherwise its basically just a more blatant cash grab than STO or CO.

I wouldn't call a free game trying to get money a cash grab.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can't be a paladin in NWO. Can be all the paladins in CO.

Champions Online - Be the CHARACTER you want to be! Its not limited to just heroes.

NWO targeting becomes tiring. Its free exploration nonexistent. Its level and feature selection, what's that?

In CO I get to choose any power that exists and decided if it gets extra effects or more strength. I can also travel however I want. Also changing colors doesn't require items you need to purchase or farm.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've played NWO and already become bored of it. It has a few neat things, but nothing really captivating enough to differentiate it from the WoW-style mmos that I've largely left behind. It does have a little bit of active dodging, meaning it's better than all the MMOs that don't have that, but that's really the only thing it has. I'll be surprised if I go back to it. Also, it has a gear grind at the end... a pretty terrible one in fact that suffers from the same sympton that a lot of MMOs are suffering from, where most people buy the gear they would be getting from a teir before they even start that teir, and expect other people to do the same or refuse to group with them.

Champions, on the other hand, does have things that I can't get anywhere else, so you know I'll keep coming back here, even if there are large periods of time inbetween. Also, no ridiculous backwards gear grind... I don't think I've ever found anything that kills my enthusiasm faster than a pointless gear grind.

Also... what do you mean by "more free to play"? I've only ever spent like maybe ten dollars on CO and I've been playing it for years without any problems. At least here when you die, there isn't a window that immediately pops up advertising respawn items in the cash shop.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can't be a paladin in NWO. Can be all the paladins in CO.

Champions Online - Be the CHARACTER you want to be! Its not limited to just heroes.

NWO targeting becomes tiring. Its free exploration nonexistent. Its level and feature selection, what's that?

In CO I get to choose any power that exists and decided if it gets extra effects or more strength. I can also travel however I want. Also changing colors doesn't require items you need to purchase or farm.

Yeah in Champs, I know that if I choose to use a giant greatsword, it's gonna tear people in half and not feel like I'm hitting people with a rolled-up poster.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    NW is the only Cryptic game I'm not playing. Take that as you will.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I got bored of NWO almost instantly...

as others have said, there simply wasn't nearly enough superheroes.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been spoiled by Spore, so unless there is customization, it is a no-go for me. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Jokes on you! in Champions Online I play as EVERYTHING but a superhero!
    Including Orcs, Trolls, Goblins e.t.c (see Signature Banner Below) :biggrin:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    And then there's that new Emote pack - the one that's in the C-Store for 475 Zen, not in a lockbox, and is making me think about reviving Death Metal... :smile:

You mean the one where they're selling air-guitar back to people after taking it away?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You mean the one where they're selling air-guitar back to people after taking it away?

Predicting Mr. Contrarian's response: "At least we're getting it back."

Now we'll see how close I was.
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No. It has elves and elves and elves and elves and orcs. :rolleyes:

The "Elves" usage is a Tolkienism! Chris & Company want their royalties!

Next time use "elfs"!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The "Elves" usage is a Tolkienism! Chris & Company want their royalties!

Next time use "elfs"!

That lawsuit already happened. It went only so far as Hobbits and Ents. Elves and Dwarves are free to use, with those spellings.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yes the foundry is interesting, The rest however is BORING.

I have no interest in PvP- so thats out.

REALLY no interest in gear grind- so thats out.

one mission line to level with occasional race/clas missions- I've leftt the characetr sas is and gone back to CO.

It;'s waaayy more interesting
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If it wasn't for Foundry, I'd find Neverwinter absolutely not worth playing more than, oh, two weeks.

I mean, it's pretty, but the limitations are staggering.

It DOES have Foundry, though, which allows a venue for UGC that's hugely better than... anything else in MMOdom.

Though I guess they have to be careful -- if they ever get around to migrating Foundry improvements back to STO like they've 'promised' (it's a MMO promise, so it's in wuss quotes), the NW foundry community might dwindle.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    foosnarkfoosnark Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I enjoyed NW for about two weeks. Sort of.

I don't even hate 4th edition (though Pathfinder is better), and I have never complained about "another fantasy MMO." The game mechanics are mostly okay, for what they are. But:

-- I hated the controls (they're far more customizable here). Even as I grew more or less used to them, aiming area spells was still awkward.

-- I hated the glitchy performance -- unplayable on my wife's machine, and with weird hitches and pauses in the city on my machine that doesn't have trouble running anything else I throw at it.

-- I hated the almost total lack of customization in clothing. Especially because default outfits in many cases are UGLY. Seriously, a wizard's "robes" are a bluish purple towel with holes in it and grey pajama pants, and they're going to keep looking like that for more than 30 levels. Or I suppose I could wear a brown sack instead. Or I could pay through the nose in the Z store, where dye is a scam and an outfit cost about three times what costume sets did here back before lockboxes and random drops took over.

-- The class system is dull. In CO, between customization of powers (as an FF) and costumes I always feel like I can try something totally new. In there, not so much.

I'm at 848 days as an LTS here, am still playing regularly, and have thrown more money into costume packs and such. I consider it entertainment money well spent. If costume sets were regularly showing up in the C-store like they used to, I'd still be spending money here. But I never felt inclined to throw a penny at NW.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I know I've done my table flipping 'f*k this game, I'm out of here!' but it's easier to log into forums in CO than NW (for some stupid reason) so I keep reading...

Anyway, NW's lack of character customization is just... flippin bizarre, and it particularly shows poorly when we already have DDO to point to when someone says 'yes, but mmo!'

I mean, a sword is only usable by one fighter and not another? the fuq?
    My wizard doesn't have the proper training to wear cleric pants?

The cleric serving the solar leadership god has the exact same abilities as the cleric of illusions?

That said, Foundry and devs that actually have permission to do stuff.

So there's that.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    CO had a roughly year and a half of development and beta-testing time.

NWO had almost three years, even though technically it's still considered to be in beta.

NWO also had the advantage of using an already-built engine that CO is using and since there was a huge developmental focus on NWO, the engine should have received improvement and polish to make the game surpass CO technically.

PWE and Cryptic have no choice but to make the game as high-quality as possible because they want to keep the rights to using the D&D license which doesn't belong to them. There isn't the same incentive for them to do so for CO since they own the Champions license.

So duh, Neverwinter is expected to be better than CO or at least, a much more polished game.

Do all of that interest me into playing the game though?

Heck no.

Out of principle I refuse to invest any time and money into NWO when CO has suffered in terms of development for the betterment of that game. I don't care just how much better it is, or how it has the foundry. Playing NWO to me is basically telling PWE and Cryptic that I'm perfectly okay with how they threw CO in the backburner for NWO's sake.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got four days out of Neverwinter, might have gone longer but it disconnected between every zone.

Outside of the demo_record feature I have no interest.
    Its fun, but elves and dwarves and swords are done to death.

I wish we had their cities and zone designs, from what I saw they were really well
    made with lots of atmosphere that Millenium City, Canada and the Desert lack.
    It got dark on Monster Island for like 3 minutes the other day, it was lovely for those 3 minutes.
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To each their own.

NW may be a good game but I much prefer CO's over NW's mouse driven controls. That and I like playing supers makes CO's (despite its flaws) better.
  • Options
    foosnarkfoosnark Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually tend to prefer the fantasy genre, and then things like cyberpunk and the occasional steampunk and hard SF, over superhero comics. My idea of a good comic is Sandman, the Invisibles, Transmetropolitan...

But I still prefer CO. Customization wins.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    CO had a roughly year and a half of development and beta-testing time.

NWO had almost three years, even though technically it's still considered to be in beta.

NWO also had the advantage of using an already-built engine that CO is using and since there was a huge developmental focus on NWO, the engine should have received improvement and polish to make the game surpass CO technically.

PWE and Cryptic have no choice but to make the game as high-quality as possible because they want to keep the rights to using the D&D license which doesn't belong to them. There isn't the same incentive for them to do so for CO since they own the Champions license.

Yet gameplay, customization, exploration, iconic characterization and so on are just so f**ing poor. How? Why?
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yet gameplay, customization, exploration, iconic characterization and so on are just so f**ing poor. How? Why?

1366051231346s.gif
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Different strokes and all. Id say that nw is a dull version of TERA. really, they have 3 melee classes and every %^#ing one uses a sword(great-sword, sword and shield, and 2 daggers big enough to basically be short swords)? its a newer game, so its got the latest tech, so from that standpoint, its going to look nice, but depth wise? i already uninstalled it, and am still playing co. they really do cater to very specific interests in mmos.

but really, a game with only 5 classes does it for you? man...
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    foosnark wrote: »
    I
    But I still prefer CO. Customization wins.

oh god yes, the boring grey characeters. all wearing similar outfits. all similar colours.

you can make dyes with alchemy, the base colours . you can buy a few colours in the zstore, blue, black, white,

the city looks ok but the characters* shudder* lik e a horde of zombie
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter Nights 2 has a greater ability to keep my interest than NWO. I started playing NWN2 again recently, and have played it for more hours than I did NWO already. Turns out when I want to play a D&D game, I actually wanna play a D&D game.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Turns out when I want to play a D&D game, I actually wanna play a D&D game.
    Wow, who'da thunk? :smile:

Poor controls, poor graphics, on-rails playstyle; the only complaint I've seen here that isn't accurate is the one about only three classes and everybody uses swords (or giant freaking "daggers"). There's also the "mage" class (yeah, just try to cast Light on an enemy's eyes - one of my favorite low-level spells in D&D, blinds 'em real good), who walk around juggling their giant balls...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Wait, poor graphics??

Compared to __CO__??

(The rest of it, sure)

• Options
    supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Neverwinter Nights 2 has a greater ability to keep my interest than NWO. I started playing NWN2 again recently, and have played it for more hours than I did NWO already. Turns out when I want to play a D&D game, I actually wanna play a D&D game.

This.

When Mike Mearls admits D&D 4th Ed blows you know you failed to make D&D. Some people enjoy 4e (almost exclusively younger people who didn't play the predecessors) but in my experience talking with them they enjoy it as a tactical battle game, not as a role playing game. Nothing in 4e makes sense, it lacks verisimilitude. Both in rules and in setting / consistency.

I had to turn off my brain and chew on a belt to enjoy what I did of NW, but I could only take it so long before I gave it up. Even ignoring the 'D&D' license the game itself lacks potential, its all so claustrophobic.
  • Options
    atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Wait, poor graphics??

Compared to __CO__??

(The rest of it, sure)

Yeah, there is some kind of issue that I haven't been able to resolve. I've fiddled with the graphics settings, and it still looks off. I have no trouble in CO or STO with getting decent quality with minimal lag issues, but NWO kind of eludes me.

And, while my computer isn't some epic artifact suitable for the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, it's no slouch. I can run most MMOs at only a step below max settings without the performance suffering noticeably.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Wow, who'da thunk? :smile:

Poor controls, poor graphics, on-rails playstyle; the only complaint I've seen here that isn't accurate is the one about only three classes and everybody uses swords (or giant freaking "daggers"). There's also the "mage" class (yeah, just try to cast Light on an enemy's eyes - one of my favorite low-level spells in D&D, blinds 'em real good), who walk around juggling their giant balls...

Yeah...but....Unicorns!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've had the same problem as atring. No matter what I do, NW comes across looking like CO with half-graphics on (and a muddy color palette). I can run CO in a mode where I can see my hero's exaggerated comic-book-style musculature, and the textures on the costumes - but in NW, no such luck.

And I really wanted to like the game, too. But the graphics and the gameplay suck so bad...

This discussion has been closed.