Options

Disconnects, 7/11 [RESOLVED]

13»

Comments

• Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    I'm at work right now, so I can't really check, but that better mean 'emotes are back and everything is normal!' [resolved] and not 'we half-assed it, but at least the servers aren't crashing, right?' [resolved]

This I mark as resolved because the Disconnect itself is down. The emotes are not yet back in action, no.
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    menotrpa wrote: »
    some days the game feels as fragile as a model made out of playing cards

The bad part of that? Those are the GOOD days. The rest of the time it's like playing a game of flaming Jenga in an over-driven Tilt-A-Whirl.
  • Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Days like these really make me miss City of Heroes. Where issues weren't resolved by creating another, you know? At least with my two globals out for a week, I can work on getting another level 40. Three days and she's at 27. (NotlikeIwantedtolevelinsteadofRPallday)

-- Look at all the time I'm wasting on the internet~ --
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    whats a tilt a whirl? sounds like some sorta carnival ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yacdNrYvYs4

There you go. it can be kinda fun.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,941 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trailturtle when will the Emotes be back?
    Psi.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cryneting wrote: »
    trailturtle when will the Emotes be back?

At this rate when dogs start going MOO :<

I mean it is an utter OUTRAGE! that I cant unnerve dark grims furries buy doing the running man emote right behind him, or more importantly I CANT POKE CALIGA!!! :O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I CANT POKE CALIGA!!! :O

You can still finger them though. =D
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    purestofgreenpurestofgreen Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Days like these really make me miss City of Heroes. Where issues weren't resolved by creating another, you know?

Once again I'll tell you the issue of crashing the zone by use of emotes while dead isn't because of a recent update it was just a matter of time, waiting for one of the old players to get really angry at the game. Infact if the guy stopped before people started complaining too much it wouldn't have caught attention and even then the only reason why it was stopped was because another old player who knew the guy who was doing it told TT, then funnily enough he got banned permanently along with me.

If champions online was a comic book this would be like one of those comic's when the heroine is thought to be the villain and arrested, all it would take is for the villain to go on again with another one of the dangerous exploits they know and the plot would be just like it. ;) But really please can you get this sorted, I recently spent almost ?100 over this past week on CO and NW just to get banned because I use emotes on binds to do funny dances and stuff.

Can you not put a 0.1 second delay on emotes to stop another emote form being used for that time? To do the exploit you need to do everysingle emote at the same time as fast as possible, a 0.1 second delay would stop this while still allowing emotes to be spammable for fun and variation.
  • Options
    menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At this rate when dogs start going MOO :<

qBB3LWu.gif i must find away to make them
    I MUST!

• Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's so boring without emotes :(

I mean really boring.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, it's so terribly boring. Because, you know, being a superhero is all about dancing in the middle of RenCen, or /afksitting on top of Defender, not going out and trying to stop various nefarious plots (you know, the part you get Resources and XP for doing, and sometimes even stupid Lockbox drops...).

Powers? Why do we need powers when we have emotes?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yes, it's so terribly boring. Because, you know, being a superhero is all about dancing in the middle of RenCen, or /afksitting on top of Defender, not going out and trying to stop various nefarious plots (you know, the part you get Resources and XP for doing, and sometimes even stupid Lockbox drops...).

turns the tide of every battle

• Options
    purestofgreenpurestofgreen Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol guys, just a little tip for creating a sort of emote you can use a power then interrupt with shift as you could do with the old powers, some powers can be used while not in combat so you can run around pointing and clapping. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013

You know what's really heroic? Self-righteously dictating what fun is to others and criticizing how they spend their game time. For someone with no lvl 40's and who doesn't even use freeform characters (by your own admission) you have zero room to dictate how others spend their time- because it looks like you waste a lot yourself, most likely doing in game what you do here (and you do, I've seen it).

Some people roleplay. For some people that sort of communication and play is part of the game.

So why don't you let them do what they do, and pick up your pom-pom's and do what you do?
  • Options
    z0diiz0dii Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Saying *sits down* And not being able to /e sitchair is a pain in the metaphorical balls. -_-
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually, Cyber, before my last Gold ran out, I had begun creating Freeforms. Star Knight was being kind of difficult to balance out, because I wanted all his powers to have to do with his laser sword - I finally had to say that his alien costume gave him Invulnerability so I could make it past Talos. It was an interesting process, though, and I look forward to being able to take it up again one day.

I was reacting to the claim that, without emotes, "it's so boring... I mean really boring." Not "I'm bored," but "the game is boring if I can't use emotes."

I mean, really? There's all that stuff you can do out in the world, but if you can't emote about it the game has no entertainment value?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually, Cyber, before my last Gold ran out, I had begun creating Freeforms. Star Knight was being kind of difficult to balance out, because I wanted all his powers to have to do with his laser sword - I finally had to say that his alien costume gave him Invulnerability so I could make it past Talos. It was an interesting process, though, and I look forward to being able to take it up again one day.

I was reacting to the claim that, without emotes, "it's so boring... I mean really boring." Not "I'm bored," but "the game is boring if I can't use emotes."

I mean, really? There's all that stuff you can do out in the world, but if you can't emote about it the game has no entertainment value?

You know how boring and tirsome grinding gets, I like role play ok... I ADMIT IT

and rather sit around intracting with folks in caprice then be thrown against a wall forty times by some overpowered boss.

It's just how I like to spend my time.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

That powerset irks me. I'd honestly like a straight melee tech powerset (HINT HINT CYBORG STUFF GO CRYPTIC NOW).

Well, not everyone uses those emotes for dancing. I'll give you an example.

I've just done without typing /me lights a cigarette and nods to all the women who have flocked to him for a moment of his attention., and started just saying lights a cigarette and nods to all the women who have flocked to him for a moment of his attention. The difference? The former is a line in the chat box. The latter creates a chat bubble.

Now, pack 15 people in one area and do this. BUBBLES EVERYWHERE. Not to mention, we do have a nightclub as an RP zone, and some people do dance. People sit on the barstools and couches. People use the emotes.

So you can kinda see how it dents some folks' playtime. Mine, not so much, I just deal with it.

You say that, but you'd be surprised. I'm not expert at writing, but when something cramps your writing style, it can be a colossal pain and frustration.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013

And you wonder why people give you flak by calling you "apologist" and "fanboi". :rolleyes:

Ever had fun making a cheer emote after winning a battle? I know I like to use the charge emote for the trumpet sound effect for fun at times. People usually make emotes as a way to enrich their social interactions with other players, so yes the game can get boring without emotes when you're focusing on the social aspect of the game at the time instead of doing missions and stuff. The game isn't just about using powers and fighting bad guys you know.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You kown it really funny if they gave us new emotes or something a few from STO as well lol. Anyways I like the Idea of having that 0,1sec delay on using an emote.
    Also how about only being able to use emotes in the club or in hideouts?. not like in the MC but can still do emotes in like other buildings such as missions/ and RP places.

And damm it TT I kown your reading this replay to us I give you a cookie!
    Psi.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll voiceover TT on emotes in 'other places than in MC': Not going to happen.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just a idea...and I love your image :D.
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    honestly the animation i would like as an emote is of your hero typing into an imaginary keypad on their arm anytime you're activating some kind of a device

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Please TT tell us when the Emotes will be back :frown:
    Psi.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fix is in the PTS, i believe. So, S00N.
    It's weekend, sunday. Give guy a break. I think he could use one.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm still baffled at this one myself. And I'll give a little rant.

OK, I keep reading these things about the problems being 'deep in the code'. I'm not going to pretend I'm a programmer or know a lot about it, but when you tell me something's too deep in the code- I mean, this isn't an alien spacecraft we're reverse-engineering here. It's YOUR game, so... maybe explain this to me.

The people who wrote this code and released it as an MMO called City of Heroes back in 2004, aren't working on this code, haven't worked on this code, and many of them will never see this code again.

Like a city its been added to by builders, contractors, freelancers and other shady transients.

So imagine a road crew digging for the source of this particular exploit.
    The typical road crew, but these guys are from out of town.
    They just brought their pickup truck, a pick axe, and a shovel.
    Oh..whats that, a gas main? Power lines?
    A body?

Who knows what they will discover down there in the source?

Oh by the way the emotes work without text.
    That command isn't banned, and really is the ideal command anyway.
    The old text spamming from emotes got people silenced in Caprice and really
    its pretty embarrassing when people produce fifty lines of dance moves while showing off.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While your analogy is pretty good next, someone should point out that mmo coding is probably tougher than civil service q/a.

Those guys you talk about have all the access they need to pertinent documents. If they don't read them, choose to disregard them, etc it's on them when the plans fall through and the federal spending disappears.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Did this thread just get political? :confused:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    kingironwolf69kingironwolf69 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I am getting numerous reports of people who were banned from all PWE games for excessive emoting. Not actually using the bug to take down a zone, just emoting what PWE/Cryptic *thinks* is excessive.

Wow, just wow. I feel bad for anyone who had an emote bound to a power or RP with friends in Club Caprice. This is just unreal.

:mad:
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I am getting numerous reports of people who were banned from all PWE games for excessive emoting. Not actually using the bug to take down a zone, just emoting what PWE/Cryptic *thinks* is excessive.

Wow, just wow. I feel bad for anyone who had an emote bound to a power or RP with friends in Club Caprice. This is just unreal.

:mad:

Yeah...I heard folks talking about this in-game too. Pretty sure that from 99.5% to 100% of this gossip is unfounded bs.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wonder if people got banned for poking Caliga.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If they're dedicated RPers, definitely have them send in a ticket -- it can sometimes be hard for us to tell between using a ton of emotes legitimately, versus using a ton in a disruptive way. If they have any evidence they can point to of past RPing, that might help.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I just think its odd people got banned for using a popular feature in the game. Im affraid to do ANYTHING in game now I just stand there not moving @_@&quot;
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oh dear.. Maybe this is why when I tried to use my key bind for the dancing emote, it said something about banned command.. People using exploits and bugs.. I wish they could realize how it always ends up hurting everyone in the long run when things get "nerfed" or "fixed".
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    amyjia wrote: »
    oh dear.. Maybe this is why when I tried to use my key bind for the dancing emote, it said something about banned command.. People using exploits and bugs.. I wish they could realize how it always ends up hurting everyone in the long run when things get "nerfed" or "fixed".

Yeup, that's exactly why you're getting that message. It's all going to be resolved on Thursday, though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah...I heard folks talking about this in-game too. Pretty sure that from 99.5% to 100% of this gossip is unfounded bs.
    No it's not, it's as real as the Yeti and Nessie and Little Micky killing himself with Pop Rocks and soda. IT'S ALL REAL! :eek:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wonder if people got banned for poking Caliga.
    I still haven't poked him. I guess that will be priority one once we get our emotes back. Or maybe I should try licking him. Riolu_lick_icon_by_Futurecartoonist12.gif
    I'll bet he -- tastes like -- Victory.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    kingironwolf69kingironwolf69 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If they're dedicated RPers, definitely have them send in a ticket -- it can sometimes be hard for us to tell between using a ton of emotes legitimately, versus using a ton in a disruptive way. If they have any evidence they can point to of past RPing, that might help.

I mentioned this in the other thread, real simple to see if the person was abusing the bug by checking to see if they were in the zone @ the time it crashed.

If they weren't then give them their account back.