test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance 7/11

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2013 in Super News Network
Maintenance tomorrow will begin at 7AM PDT, and should last between an hour and two hours. We'll be introducing the new telepathy powers, adjusting Throwing Blades and more.

Start: 7 AM PDT, 7/11
Duration: 1 - 2 hours
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pricanwarriorpricanwarrior Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So much fail, Waiting almost a year for this telepathic powers and well it's sad that they will go to live being all crappy! i rather use the normal mind powers instead of the new ones, yeah that's how bad they suck. They ended up being cosmetic powers. You guys are ruin this game badly. I'm done playing this game. Thanks for killing the fun of this game.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    Sorry you feel that way, but I'd like to note that this doesn't replace any powers. If you prefer the playstyle of the older Telepathy powers, absolutely feel free to continue using them -- we know not everyone wants a debuff playstyle, and these powers don't replace any old powers.
  • Options
    heroicsingerheroicsinger Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry you feel that way, but I'd like to note that this doesn't replace any powers. If you prefer the playstyle of the older Telepathy powers, absolutely feel free to continue using them -- we know not everyone wants a debuff playstyle, and these powers don't replace any old powers.

Did you even read the feedback? You are faking it. You know exactly why people are mad and you're blissfully ignoring it
  • Options
    caosdashcaosdash Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Replace powers?...
    As far as I read they are a new addition to the telepathy tree, and as we all know the telepathy tree is kinda weak (Kinda) and these powers were to help out.

These powers were to be fun, effective and most of all pack a punch out there in the game, but it feels as if the only one getting the punch here is the players.

Good work (Not really).
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Geeze guys back off, attacking trailturtle for your subjective hatred of the new Telepathy powers does nothing.

Honestly the powers are good enough to play though all the content in the game.
    They are more than good enough.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    Geeze guys back off, attacking trailturtle for your subjective hatred of the new Telepathy powers does nothing.

EVERY power is good enough to play through all the content in the game. You're not making much of a point with that statement.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »

Not attacking TT in general- but the actual people who are in charge of these things. They wanted feedback soo much and they got it, more than enough. They chose to ignore it and do w/e it is they desired. Now they pay by us getting mad. But rather us doing such thing, they will just ignore just like every time.

And to it all I bet they'll be someone saying that they do care and they listen to us who work deeper in the game. That, that's BS
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yep every power.

But these in general, if you like getting killed while going through the game, then you just pick those.
    They're weak and useless in low lvl. Better at Higher lvl but not that much. They work just ok in a team and that's mostly why they released them. They think everyone goes on alerts and plays in teams. What about Solo? Since they don't Interrupt nor hold but only one of those, you're force to cling into the other telepathy powers. Not much fun in to that since the powers themselves are Cosmetic.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is it with these new mad guys? It's like, I've never seen these dudes up until now.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well everyone has their reason to come out and say something, this is just that time.
    Just because we're not seen before doesn't mean we can't say our opinion just like EVERYONE else.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    caosdash wrote: »
    Well everyone has their reason to come out and say something, this is just that time.
    Just because we're not seen before doesn't mean we can't say our opinion just like EVERYONE else.
    You're at like, a ten. We need you at about a 5. I can tolerate up to 7, but that's just me.

You guys are really blowing up at the wrong dude.

Calm down. Put your heads together. Come up with something and offer it up. If it's better, we will push hard to get it implemented. We WILL back you up if it's an improvement.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You're at like, a ten. We need you at about a 5. I can tolerate up to 7, but that's just me.

Calm down. Put your heads together. Come up with something and offer it up. If it's better, we will push hard to get it implemented. We WILL back you up if it's an improvement.

Once again, you guys don't read do you?

Previous post. I wasn't meaning to TT in general.
    And frankly as much as you can take, a 5-7-10, I don't care. If you wan't to be like that, go ahead. But since there player whose thoughts are all Rainbows and sunshine for this game, I guess they don't really care for what REALLY going on. But yet again, that's you.
  • Options
    lucasjacksonlucasjackson Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What is it with these new mad guys? It's like, I've never seen these dudes up until now.

I think they got #Recruited.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Wasn't it you who recently went on a rage binge and was all like "I don't care what people think" when people suggested to dial it back a bit? :\
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anytime that new powers show up, its great news. Looking forward to trying them out!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wasn't it you who recently went on a rage binge and was all like "I don't care what people think" when people suggested to dial it back a bit? :\

Was it to this degree? I don't think so.

Back under the bridge with thee!

Don't be a smug tool. Not once did I lash out at TT like these angry new folks have done. And besides, it's like someone said- it doesn't matter what you say when you've got ten people to rush in and apologize for you, and then try to use you to make themselves look better.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My two cents:

1. I'm pleased to see new powers being developed and revised. Keep in mind we've had people asking for over a year now for telepathy revisions, so Cryptic does listen sometimes. At the minimum work on improving the game's power diversity is being done, and that's a good thing! So gotta just notice the positives sometimes. Thanks Cryptic for making these new powers, and I hope this is just the start of the beginning of great things for this game's future!

2. I can understand the anger expressed by some here (even though I feel it is directed at the wrong guy), as they are, overall, NOT sufficiently listening to testing feedback in a responsible, professional manner. And this is NOT the first time they've ignored some critical feedback. And yeah, that's not good. Not to mention, the people have been ASKING for YEARS for certain things to BUY: gold cap increase increments for Silvers, emotes & emote packs for sale, hideout upgrades, SG bases/hideouts, better pricing on rank up catalysts or more reason to go to Rank 9, less of vehicles and more for reasons to subscribe, etc.

~edit~

Scratch that last point, TrailTurtle just announced the stop-gap fix for the Throwing Blades (aka. Boomerang Cone exploit) is going live soon. That'll be nice, thanks! I hope it works
  • Options
    vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeesh, guys, way to blow up at the wrong guy. Even if it's not aimed at TT, you exploded at him, don't be dumb and think that just cause it's 'aimed at other people' that you are really in the right here. Sure, the powers aren't what they could've/should've been, but TT is just the community person.

At least we are GETTING something, rather than nothing at all!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    good timing, just got 4 alts levelled, thats 4 empty slots......
    fun time... more power combos to screw up..I mean try
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Was it to this degree? I don't think so.

Back under the bridge with thee!

Don't be a smug tool. Not once did I lash out at TT like these angry new folks have done. And besides, it's like someone said- it doesn't matter what you say when you've got ten people to rush in and apologize for you, and then try to use you to make themselves look better.

Who are you to tell people not to be mad or to only be so mad? TT may be the wrong guy but he's the ONLY guy to direct feedback to; it's part of his job and I think he's big boy enough to understand and take it.

This change may not have affected any of your characters and may not be a big deal to you but obviously to others it is, especially to anyone who has been using this power in a legitimate fashion. Showing up in this thread so you can marginalize their point of view because they're "new" or "too mad" is ridiculous and arguably far closer to actual bridge-dweller behavior than pointing out how much of a hypocrite you're being right now.
  • Options
    xenosinfinityxxenosinfinityx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good to hear the new stuff's up already, I've been waiting for Redirected Force in particular. Not sure whether or not to use a retcon on my Psion, though, since his build relies on AoED and I don't have space to lose anything except Rebirth.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is precedent for delaying pts pushes to live in the past. Probably before your time, TT, but it has happened. Would it be possible to divorce the new telepathy powers from the rest of the push for now, and give them the extra time they so desperately need?

If this goes live, and new customers come in wanting to play a crowd control character show up, what are we supposed to say?! Make a different character?!?!?!?! For pete's sake use your position to talk to someone, ANYONE and buy just a little more time for tele powers on PTS.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Who are you to tell people not to be mad or to only be so mad? TT may be the wrong guy but he's the ONLY guy to direct feedback to; it's part of his job and I think he's big boy enough to understand and take it.

Yeah, but blasting the guy like THAT? That's a line I won't cross.
    This change may not have affected any of your characters and may not be a big deal to you but obviously to others it is, especially to anyone who has been using this power in a legitimate fashion. Showing up in this thread so you can marginalize their point of view because they're "new" or "too mad" is ridiculous and arguably far closer to actual bridge-dweller behavior than pointing out how much of a hypocrite you're being right now.

Dude, I AM IN FULL AGREEMENT THAT THIS POWER SET IS NOT READY. THE THROWING BLADES FIX IS *****. I take the word over the players who playtest this to insane degrees more so than the one or two people who make it- it's a numbers thing, and I am not against what these guys are saying at all- just the direction. No, I have zero intent of marignalizing. I FIRMLY believe that if Cryptic is going to ask for feedback and not listen to it at all, that's just garbage.

And I'm not marginalizing it at all- I'm saying 'have a solution or an idea', or something.

And as far as being new? Well, yeah- I mean, I'm not religiously scanning over the PTS thread, but I wasn't seeing any posts in there by these guys. So if they had something to say about fixing it? Blasting TT in the release notes isn't the place for it. And yes, maybe they're silvers and can't go there- but either way, they can see what's been posted and comment. Day late, dollar short, wrong target.

TT has done NOTHING BUT try to help and mediate, and the position he's in? He's the only person there whose feelings I give a crap about, because he's getting screwed at both ends harder than anyone else and is powerless to do anything except pass the word.

But if that's the way you see it? I'm not going to waste more words with you- mainly because anything I'd really want to say violates forum rules. But hey, I'm not allowed an opinion on civility because I've UNASHAMEDLY confronted this company about developer silence, and I was mean about- and proud of it.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am probably one of THE most "cheesed off" players with regard Telepathy.

Once it hits LIVE and they get a forum filled with bugs with the powers, they will be forced to do something about it.

My guess is that now, the Dev team are working to remove as many bugs as reported so far on PTS with regard Telepathy. <--Best case scenario.

Worst Case is that in two to three hours, they hit in their current form. Not only would it be an insult but it would hit doubly hard as this is Telepathy. A power set I have been waiting for, for OVER 10 months. Which is almost an entire year of inactivity on my MAIN character.

Let's not blast TT for this, ok? He IS our only source of correspondence so please do not rage.

And if anyone tells me that I am not really upset. We can take it to Private Messages.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the update as always TT.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You may want to correct the blog post...

Shadow of Regret is actually Shadow of Doubt

Mental Break is actually Mind Break.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    My two cents:

1. I'm pleased to see new powers being developed and revised. Keep in mind we've had people asking for over a year now for telepathy revisions, so Cryptic does listen sometimes. At the minimum work on improving the game's power diversity is being done, and that's a good thing! So gotta just notice the positives sometimes. Thanks Cryptic for making these new powers, and I hope this is just the start of the beginning of great things for this game's future!

Sadly not enough listening was done.

Currently the new powers have about as much diversity away from the mechanic of DPS as the Inferno AT has high Crowd Control abilities.

This iteration was the least liked of all, even over the interrupt lockout version. There is simply no reward for having high CC geared toons.

Since Telepathy was the CC set, introducing more CC was a great idea, it was then scrapped and Pink DPS was replaced. Shame, I am not going to deny my feelings of despair. I am very incensed at these powers, but me raging and complaining for 10 months so far has gotten me no where.

But since the people who wanted offensive telepathy over CC telepathy (the way its MEANT to be) were greater, it all caved in. And then the people who wanted offensive telepathy sort of said nothing and didn't like it as offensive, so now it has been ruined for both parties. Low Damage and Low to non existant control.

I find it a crying shame I can solo a mega D on my non telepathic toons yet as a telepath I am pretty much doomed. <Insert "It's because machines don't have brains" joke here>.

Anyway, enough of that for now. Rimefire Burst does a truck load of damage..are you sure it's ready for CO?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    really? I should try making an ice/fire toon. give it a whirl.

Defo.

Heroics and Rank 5s alone did 12k (once you apply all the required debuffs namely chill and clinging flames)

I'm sure it can put out a lot more.

I'm not sure if this has been tweaked though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    by the way, when I said everyone looks good in the cutscene there was no implied slight to mentella. I was just saying what I thought about the pose it puts you in.

You established that, why post it here?
    -_-;
  • Options
    hexcasterhexcaster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So the complaints here aren't that the powers aren't good enough to do game content. It's not that they're cosmetic either, since if every power is good enough to complete the content then they're ALL cosmetic. What's the problem?

Are people looking for telepathy to be doing massive damage? Frankly I think the damage in the game overall could take a dial back, considering the "difficulty" of mobs in this game seems to be determined by how big their health bars are.

You want more crowd control mechanics? That's not going to be the job of new powers, there are powers in the game that are SUPPOSED to crowd control. What is needed there is an overhaul on the mechanics of crowd control.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hexcaster wrote: »
    So the complaints here aren't that the powers aren't good enough to do game content. It's not that they're cosmetic either, since if every power is good enough to complete the content then they're ALL cosmetic. What's the problem?

Are people looking for telepathy to be doing massive damage? Frankly I think the damage in the game overall could take a dial back, considering the "difficulty" of mobs in this game seems to be determined by how big their health bars are.

You want more crowd control mechanics? That's not going to be the job of new powers, there are powers in the game that are SUPPOSED to crowd control. What is needed there is an overhaul on the mechanics of crowd control.

What's needed is a full rebalance of the game to actually make crowd control and healing useful or desirable. Hell, actual tanking isn't really needed in most situations either.

But that's not going to happen.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    hexcaster wrote: »
    What's the problem?
    Are people looking for telepathy to be doing massive damage?

Problem: It has taken nearly a year for me to be able to play my main thanks to the promise of these powers making a hit to LIVE, last year. These powers have been pushed out of the PTS early and are lacking. You try waiting 10 months and more to play your main. Watch as Crowd Control Powers (which was the original intention) are slowly but surely turned into pathetic DPS and then ask yourself what the problem is.

Am I looking for Telepathy to be doing massive damage?: I am looking to be on par with my other toons and for telepathy to be on par with other powersets damage wise. If they are going to kill off the main mechanic Telepathy was originally built around aka Crowd Control at least have the decency to buff it's damage to respectable levels.

You want more Crowd Control Mechanics?: I would welcome them, but let's first fix the decrepit ones we DO have, gear for boosting and negating CC included. FYI the new powers originally WERE high CC, so high in fact, I could do what my other toons could do and solo some Legendary bosses in game.

So to summarise:

- Waited a long time to play my MAIN character.
    - is looking forward to being able to team with others and have fun.
    - Finds out the CC in the new set has been ripped away and replaced with very low control powers and debuffs which do not scale with Hold STR (the 15% and 6%).
    - Watches as MoTM goes from uber + no graphics to wtf + good graphics
    - Realises there is no control left and it is Pink DPS.
    - Notices this update also brings to the fore a passive which flat out disobeys the two role rule for passives. Which may pave the way for "why can't passive XXX be multi role too?"

Find the problem.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maintenance tomorrow will begin at 7AM PDT, and should last between an hour and two hours. We'll be introducing the new telepathy powers, adjusting Throwing Blades and more.

Start: 7 AM PDT, 7/11
    Duration: 1 - 2 hours

Yeah really nice powerset and all buddy but it will be useful if we could have a free recon token to change our powers. Make it so please or are you getting greedy now?
    Psi.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, but blasting the guy like THAT? That's a line I won't cross.

Dude, I AM IN FULL AGREEMENT THAT THIS POWER SET IS NOT READY. THE THROWING BLADES FIX IS *****. I take the word over the players who playtest this to insane degrees more so than the one or two people who make it- it's a numbers thing, and I am not against what these guys are saying at all- just the direction. No, I have zero intent of marignalizing. I FIRMLY believe that if Cryptic is going to ask for feedback and not listen to it at all, that's just garbage.

And I'm not marginalizing it at all- I'm saying 'have a solution or an idea', or something.

And as far as being new? Well, yeah- I mean, I'm not religiously scanning over the PTS thread, but I wasn't seeing any posts in there by these guys. So if they had something to say about fixing it? Blasting TT in the release notes isn't the place for it. And yes, maybe they're silvers and can't go there- but either way, they can see what's been posted and comment. Day late, dollar short, wrong target.

TT has done NOTHING BUT try to help and mediate, and the position he's in? He's the only person there whose feelings I give a crap about, because he's getting screwed at both ends harder than anyone else and is powerless to do anything except pass the word.

But if that's the way you see it? I'm not going to waste more words with you- mainly because anything I'd really want to say violates forum rules. But hey, I'm not allowed an opinion on civility because I've UNASHAMEDLY confronted this company about developer silence, and I was mean about- and proud of it.

You are such a hypocrite. You go around calling others troll when you are actually the troll. You blasted the devs with your little tantrum, which was 10x worse than anything said here. :rolleyes::rolleyes: You even go so far as to call shieldtower names.....because that is what you do, be mean and call people names....just like a troll.
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    <---- this guy had taken a fairly long hiatus, yes part of it was being bored with existing content and a little sad that development was on pause due to NW hogging the whole team, but i was optimistic that future development would take place and i would come back. but the main reason i left was to take a break from all the whining, complaining, trolling, perfectionistic, ***-****(self censored). i just couldn't stand all the juvenile anymore. so i stopped playing for a while.

but i was watching the website, keeping the game updated, ready to come back at any sign of things in the works. so new content coming, patch here with new powers. all good things right? yes! but not according to all the.....whining, complaining, trolling, perfectionistic, ***-****(self censored). the juvenile is still here! i was excited to come back and test these powers out in preparation for the new story arc. now im like 'meh... suppose i'll log in to see'.

do people leave due to content issues? yes but they come back
    do people leave out of boredom? yes but they come back
    what makes people leave and NOT WANT TO COME BACK? all of ...... this CRAP
    give it all a break guys! seriously! you are doing much more harm than good for the game
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow so much hatred. Wasn't expecting that. Here is my two cents: I don't really care. It's nothing that would bother me nor will effect my play style. If there are any changes to powers I actually don't notice until someone mentions it to me or I read about them, which would be weeks or months after they were applied.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Did you even read the feedback? You are faking it. You know exactly why people are mad and you're blissfully ignoring it

You are addressing TT in this, thus you are attacking him. He is not a Dev, and can only give suggestions to the Devs.

TT has often helped get our suggestions and feedback to the Devs, it is not his fault if THEY decide to ignore it.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You are such a hypocrite. You go around calling others troll when you are actually the troll. You blasted the devs with your little tantrum, which was 10x worse than anything said here. :rolleyes::rolleyes: You even go so far as to call shieldtower names.....because that is what you do, be mean and call people names....just like a troll.

And here you are once again, offering nothing at all of value to any discussion, except choosing to argue and call people out. You've done nothing, absolutely ZERO on this site. I think you asked for ponies once.

I had more, but to hell with it. You're not getting anything more outta me unless you impress me.

But hey, if it makes you feel good to be the forum's morality police? Go for it. It's just sad when I see it. Really, really sad. I like being the reason you post.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cyber generally at least brings something to the table via his own ideas, or opinions on how something could be done better, when he speaks out against things.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    Cyber generally at least brings something to the table via his own ideas, or opinions on how something could be done better, when he speaks out against things.

And like someone else said, these power don't affect me- but I do care, I'm just not experienced enough with them to make a judgement call on how to fix them. Telepathy was that power set that people told me to ignore when I first started playing, and honestly? I didn't think throwing blades were that good until a month or so ago, but I never did get around to playing with them. So, yeah- I can't offer any insight. I'm just sayin'... offer an alternative, and I'll back it up 100% if it makes sense.
  • Options
    z0diiz0dii Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey...hey guys!! WE have new STUFF!

Like with all new stuff it's gonna have hiccups. Get over it. Some of us have been DYING for something new from the devs.

Give it time, tweaks will be made, things will be done to correct issues and we will have new stuff. Don't kill the messenger for bringing us the message. It's a wonder he doesn't ever speak more than a few things in these dang posts because EVERYONE bashes him.

I feel bad for Trail Turtle honestly. I would hate his job second to someone who does a telemarketing position. Rather than being grateful that we are are getting SOMETHING new, y'all are just whining like spoiled children.

/rant

I haven't tried out any of the new stuff that is on the PTS because I like surprises. I'm looking forward to having new powers that will be fiery/icy death that will link my twin toons together. I'm looking forward to seeing how I can incorporate the new mental powers with my mentalist toon. I'm looking forward to running the new Socrates mission with my tech style characters and role playing through it with my SG buddies

This is a step in a positive Breathe people, we still have a game to play. That should be something worth cheering about. ^_^
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Also I'd like to think that the throwing blade "fix" is only temporary until they find a better way to fix that.

Note, I said "I'd like to think...."
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When "they" find time to fix it, more like.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    True... but hey...NEW STUFF!!!!!!