test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Disconnects

thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
Okay I just have to ask, what's with all the random disconnects back to the login? and most recently my game client just crashed back to the desktop....what are you guys doing over there....quit poking the hamster
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• z0diiz0dii Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I rarely ever have issues with Dcing. It's been happening for last 30 minutes now off and on. Friend of mine @Baelo, has been dealing with it for nearly 45 minutes.

Change out the hamster with a fresh one please!
  • xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The DCs are coming so fast now, can't even stay logged longer than a minute...
  • thejudge573thejudge573 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I've been having the same problem, disconnect, then really slow loading now crashed.
    edited June 2013
    Five minute load, game client crash. Retrieving characters takes forever. *siiiigh*

But it only seems to be in Mill City

Everyone else I know seems to be fine except when in the city
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have submitted a ticket on the issue....but I still have to ask again WTF.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ditto, tried to swapp characters, long load, almost insta boot. and when I went back to character select it sent me back to the guy I was trying to switch from.

Plus my friends accout swapped to Silver after 2 weeks into his sub.

This game if just failing all over the place huh?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited June 2013
    no notice on the FB page...somebody wake up TrailTurtle....
  • thejudge573thejudge573 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well looks like no Champions tonight long load times, disconnects and the crashing to desktop. Hopefully someone will notice this and will get a fix out asap.
  • supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Keep getting DCed here too.. I was stable for an hour and then bam, every 10-20 seconds.. trying to run to the desert/canada to see if that helps..
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know what's happening to bring about these horrible disconnects tonight, but I've just gotten hit with two in a row. What's more annoying is the 2-3 minutes of loading back into MC with zone still on. This is what I get for not turning it off BEFORE I leave the theatre.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited June 2013
    If you are in Mill city try getting out of there. It's like the instances are over loading and not making new ones.
  • rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sadly, another victim here. And I logged over to another character to switch something and logged back...I wasnt in westside anymore but infront of the PH. Like wtf.

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
    edited June 2013
    z0dii wrote: »
    If you are in Mill city try getting out of there. It's like the instances are over loading and not making new ones.

its not limited to Mill city...just logged into a character that was in Canada...and disconnected like 15 seconds into getting ready to fight some Hunter Patriots...
  • danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow... with everything going wrong with CO lately, from the disconnects and the screwing up subscription payments, you're starting to make a compelling argument for your players to play DCUO or Marvel Heroes and not spend another penny on anything made/handled by PWE. If it was still around, there would most likely be a mad increase of subscriptions to City of Heroes. One thing that Sony, Gazillion and Paragon Studios have in common and doesn't have in common with PWE? The other three companies actually want (or wanted in the case of Paragon Studios) the player's money for their superhero games.

-END OF LINE
    edited June 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    its not limited to Mill city...just logged into a character that was in Canada...and disconnected like 15 seconds into getting ready to fight some Hunter Patriots...

I'm wrong it was an alt that was in the Mill city PH that I was trying to log into with...Canada's fine...what the hell....somebody get Mechanon and Cyberlord out of the city....
  • sloche11sloche11 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was able to escape to Monster island and it seems fine for now.
    edited June 2013
    Yeah its just MC, Canada is fine and likely every other zone.
    edited June 2013
    Round two! Go!

The words becoming pissed comes to mind.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing is happening with NW and Protector's Enclave. Somekind of memory leak issue i think it was/is/will be...
    2 major main cities, both games. Something got caught from NW to CO.
    Weird.....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2013
    I think, I know what happened...we were getting flooded with new people who were interested in our game after playing Neverwinter and our server went nuts holy crap we have too many new people.

After all at the end of the tutorial where are all the new characters dumped...Mill City...lets go back to the "Beta" method of intro to the game after the Tutorial Mill City Crisis you get the "key to the city" presentation then you get a choice of three leveling path locations...Canadian Crisis, Desert Crisis, or head into West Side...it worked before so why not let us do it again...
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay I just have to ask, what's with all the random disconnects back to the login? and most recently my game client just crashed back to the desktop....what are you guys doing over there....quit poking the hamster
    About three times in as many minutes.

I mean, if it takes me 30 secs to get back in, I'm back out 30 secs later. Wasn't doing anything important - just putting my extras onto the AH, but I am seriously feeling the... :mad: GRRRRRR!

One more shot and I'm done for tonight. I repeat - GRRRRRRR! :mad:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Same thing is happening with NW and Protector's Enclave. Somekind of memory leak issue i think it was/is/will be...
    2 major main cities, both games. Something got caught from NW to CO.
    Weird.....

So Neverwinter gave us cooties. Lovely. -_-
  • zolton34zolton34 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Experiencing the same exact thing. Thought it may have been my steam client that updated. But i updated it relaunched it and experiencing the same thing. I log in pick my character then a long load time. Then after about a minute or two after the long load into the city i get a server not responding then kicked to the log in screen to start all over again. I do hope they are aware of the problem and are fixing it. :mad:

Edited to add:

Now i can't even get logged into the game from the character screen a quick fix would be really nice.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,510 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone having server problems today? I got into the game, then my character became unable to affect the environment around her and her powers in general ceased to work. She died and could not recover (just lay on the ground). Restarting the game did not help. Even loading the forums seems slow. The rest of my Internet is working fine.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic needs to alter the instance formation maths again too many people trying to get in for some reason it all happened when instance 5 appeared then died and took zone 4 with it.

Game is lagging like hell just now :<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Logged in, with normal duration but logged in freefalling through the PSI building and MC itself, ended up seeing some freaky stuff, I should have screened it >_>!

Now I am having LIVE login issues.
  • danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think, I know what happened...we were getting flooded with new people who were interested in our game after playing Neverwinter and our server went nuts holy crap we have too many new people.

After all at the end of the tutorial where are all the new characters dumped...Mill City...lets go back to the "Beta" method of intro to the game after the Tutorial Mill City Crisis you get the "key to the city" presentation then you get a choice of three leveling path locations...Canadian Crisis, Desert Crisis, or head into West Side...it worked before so why not let us do it again...

That would be nice, but the Crisis versions got tweaked to be level 12-15... dumping a level 5/6 there now would turn MORE players off unless they tweaked it back down to levels 6-10. The thing is, these disconnects were happening to people with characters in other zones as well... the only zones that tended to stay stable and not drop you were, surprisingly, the social instances (Caprice, Social Carl's Gym, Social WCOC, Hideouts, etc)... not completely, but better than the outside zones.

-END OF LINE
  • jennspacejennspace Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So THAT'S what has been causing these unexpected crashed all the time... I knew my Batman Alienware couldn't possible have been the cause of all those problems :tongue: Oh well, I'll go play a bass Rush gig on Rocksmith and see if it works better when I come back ^^
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dc'd during an alert,

unable to authenticate
    then
    unable to connect to account server,

managed to login, to be dc'd again

arrrghhhhh
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited July 2013
    woot, it should get fixed, can't get onto Nevermind either

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    I've pinged the engineers to make sure they know about both of these -- thanks, folks.
    edited July 2013
    Any chance someone can let us know today if/when this gets fixed?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited July 2013
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Any chance someone can let us know today if/when this gets fixed?

I can't promise you that it's fixed but it seems to have been fixed for me, to the least :tongue: Been in Millenium City 4 for the last hour, doing quests for Alicia Blackburn/WitchCraft and didn't crash a single time :biggrin: This makes me very happy C:
    edited July 2013
    Not for me. Just checked and my hero is lying face down in a warehouse, unable to do anything.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited July 2013
    Mmmh ...and me I just crashed AGAIN, this is getting irritating!! :mad:
  • guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Crashed twice.

both times I was flying in the ren center. I think there is an object or area that is borking things.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The inconsistency of this bug almost leads me to believe that the server might be choking from hundreds of damage signals compressed into a second.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• ilztasilztas Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...Though if that were the case, the instability would've been happening earlier than it did, wouldn't it?
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ilztas wrote: »
    ...Though if that were the case, the instability would've been happening earlier than it did, wouldn't it?

It's growing in popularity extremely quickly, mostly because of how easy it is to do.

Wouldn't be surprised really...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited July 2013
    And so it begins again.

bluhman wrote: »
    The inconsistency of this bug almost leads me to believe that the server might be choking from hundreds of damage signals compressed into a second.

I wouldn't be surprised. This -is- an old bug though.. I recall MC instances kicking people out like this occurring from years back.
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, the game is currently stable for all of three seconds or so. Of course, with the less-than-subpar track record of handling latency CO has, a slight instability in the server connection may be all the explanation that takes.
    edited July 2013
    people also can't get into Nevermind, or star trek. Someone posted inability to get onto any cryptic game

Nevermind however has a long list of things to check on their STICKIED thread.

I got kicked while in an alert. okay it was a mil city alert but it was an alert, when I tried getting back in , i when the problems hit

edited July 2013
    Round three! Go!

Managed to get in and stay in for 10 minutes before the d/cing started all over again.
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had been fine up to 10-15 mins ago now its disconnect every couple of mins. Also had some difficulty getting logged in to the forums not sure if its related or not.
    edited July 2013
    I can only log in through Mozilla, it won't even work the login button on internet explorer.

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem seems to have returned today, the MC zones are crashing making everyone DC. After logging back in it takes a while to load (probably the server creating a new instance of MC) and when trying to change zones the first few minutes the game says there are no other map available.
    edited July 2013
    I second, I was trying to do a quick Red Snake, Green Dragon alert before going to work in 20 minutes and was disconnected from server 10 seconds after logging in... I think that's the worst crash I've ever encountered on CO! :mad:
  • greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeeep, it's currently unplayable, for all intents and purposes. I'm sure it'll be fixed really quickly... right?
    edited July 2013
    Seems strange that no one from Cryptic is saying anything on the Supper News Network. Seems important enough for some kind of message there.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    I can only log in through Mozilla, it won't even work the login button on internet explorer.

similar to my problem though I was using firefox would not let me click on the login button had to switch to chrome which has my password remembered and logged in without need of me clicking the button. I do seem to be missing the normal graphics at the top as well on both browsers.

Also just trying the game again im in but have lost the 5 mins or so I managed to get on earlyer gear i sold is back and everything weird