test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CO - Billing Problems? Account Issues?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC & Technical Issues
Billing Information, Cryptic Points, Perfect World Zen:

Subscription related issues have to currently go through Cryptic's payment system, not Perfect World's.

If you are signed into the Cryptic website with your Cryptic or PWE account, you can use a credit card or Paypal for subscriptions. http://www.champions-online.com/ then go to My Account.

Cryptic Points can also be purchased from the My Account page – Cryptic accounts have credit card or PayPal payment options, while PWE account holders will be redirected to the PWE Zen site, where you can transfer ZEN into Cryptic and PWE games.

Perfect World's system accepts a variety of payment types for Zen.

The various payments types are listed here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/options

Charging or paying for prepaid cards for Perfect World's ZEN is great for ALL of our products, not just CO. You can put the Zen in your wallet, and then choose which game, server, etc you want the Zen to be applied too.

I hope this helps you all some. If you guys have any problems with billing issues or technical support problems on the forums, please feel free to contact us.

You can do so here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ or here: http://support.crypticstudios.com/

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what your install, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.

Thanks!

(thanks to the Cryptic and PWE folks who helped with this info) This is a WIP.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Hello! This is great news for all of us who have been wanting prepaid cards for CO. Just wondering, will CO characters be counted for the level 10 character thresh-hold?

(On a side not, first forum post ever. Woo!)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Still can't get a subscription via Zen.. and your company just took $20 of mine with the assumption i could. this integration should have been completed in the backend before it affected customers.. and I want my $ back
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for clearing things up in relation to the billing system. :)

(I'll probably rely on my monthly stipend or the virtual C-points cards from now on.)

You forgot to mention Debit Cards as well ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    yeah i still can't even get a response. I put over 100 dollars into the account yesterday, subscription and all and today it just says subscription Canceled. No money put back on my card or anything...

I have written them heard several times and get nothing????
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I have a lifetime account with Champions Online, my account has been perma banned on perfect world because someone hacked my PW account and started spamming with it. this happened a few years back and I had no clue it happened on my account.

I go to buy something on the C-Store, and it turns out I can't touch anything now. Any clues how to un-ban me?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Make a new account???
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    FlyingFinn wrote:
    Make a new account???

could you elaberate for me, please? you read that I have a lifetime account, how dose that solve my problem?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Perfect World one???
    That's what you were banned for...
    Or have you merged the accounts?
    Made a ticket to account support?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I merged my account with my former Perfect World account (which isn't so perfect IMO), how do I seperate them?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Why did you merged with a banned account in 1st place?
    Contact support, there are links in 1st post.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I tried paying with paypal it tells me "Register your bank acc" which i did and then it tells me already registered, but doesnt transact the money. i tried then to pay directly from my acc and it says declined. It could be 5 euros that Cryptic tried to book from my acc that didnt go through ( the time it took for cryptic to get the money must have taken too long and the 5 euros werent on the bank at that time). Submitted tickets, not getting any answers. IS there a number i can call?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm having a problem and I wanted to know if someone else has experienced the same. I have accounts in STO and CO. Yesterday I made my first Zen purchase without problems. I transferred some to my STO account and the C-points show up ok in the game. However, I'm having problems when I try to transfer points to my CO account. I choose the game, but the server drop down list just shows "No Characters". I have two CO characters (lvl 11 and 12), so I don't understand. I created a support ticket and I'm waiting for an answer, but I just thought that maybe someone here has seen this before.

Thanks for any help
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ed,

My advice to you would be to log in to CO as the character you want to apply the C-store purchase towards, then log out and try making your purchase from the C-Store again.

I ran into a similar problem myself when the new updates came through... logging in as my main reset the C-Store and my purchase went through just fine after that. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Okay, so I snipped this from the post I made last night that was (apparently) in the wrong place. Sorry about that- I was very tired.
    I've bought pretty much every costume pack to come down the pipe, all the C-Store travel powers, all the hideouts... but when I go to the C-Store, they're all showing as available for purchase. It's a relatively minor annoyance, at the moment (I haven't tried to buy something that I already have access to, so I don't know if it would work or not), but as you add more things to what is apparently the only store I will ever have any truck with (okay, that's not true, either- I'll play the recognition game, for now, but Questionite reminds me of looking for parts for an ancient foreign car; made of expensium and hardtofindium, and I'm just not that interested), it's going to be more and more of an issue.

I want to be able to open my C-Store window and rub my hands together with proprietary glee over all the gold and unlocked items I see, and I can't because it's no longer showing me that. Fix it, please?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi all!

I, too, am having some problems with CO. I need to purchase more points for the C-store; since it would be my first purchase of ZEN since the merger, I need for them to authenticate my account by email. The problem is, my email on file is no longer valid.

Okay, no problem, just update the email address, right? Not so easy, since they send confirmation requests to the old address on file!

So I tried contacting customer support and I get the normal e-response saying that they've received my email and I should receive a response in a few days, along with a support ticket number. I have not only not heard back from PW, but when I try to search on the ticket number, it says that there's no such support ticket on file!

Any one have any ideas what I do now?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Okay, so I snipped this from the post I made last night that was (apparently) in the wrong place. Sorry about that- I was very tired.
    W-o-W,

I would give you the same recommendation I gave to ed583; that is, log in to CO as one of your characters, log out, then try the C-store again; for whatever reason, it seems to reset and work fine after that. At least, that's what happened with me.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    cabraxusb wrote:
    W-o-W,

I would give you the same recommendation I gave to ed583; that is, log in to CO as one of your characters, log out, then try the C-store again; for whatever reason, it seems to reset and work fine after that. At least, that's what happened with me.

Hope that helps.

Welp. Tried it, but no dice. I'm still showing a shiny new store when I access it through the website. Curiously, accessing it through the client shows my purchases correctly...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just can't log.

It says my cryptic account dont exists or password is not correct, just send a ticket, but, yesterday I was login without problem.

When I use the "lost pasword" tool, it just send me to the frontpage with no more info.

Edit: I see is not a problem on MY account... http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=2070548#post2070548
    cryptic, maybe can you put some info on new, or a bigger/clear message about this? , is just not to go mad and spam the forums like we are doing :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Post can be erased.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cannot cancel my subscription, comes up with a blank page and when I go back to my account, it says im still subscribed.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    i my memory is correct (unless the change to PWE changed it) if you remove billing info (ie credit card information) it will cancel your subscription. you can not cancel the account but you can stop the subscription.

Cryptic never delete and account or cancel them in case people some day want to come back to the game.

otherwise you will need to open a ticket with billing
  • Options
    chabouyachabouya Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yo

It makes two days i tried to access my account, but with the account guard of Perfect World there is just no way i can...
    Each times it asks me to relog and then it says that i'm using a new computer and need to give a code to enter my account. I did it one time,it worked, but after that it asked me the same thing each time i tried to acces my account... (it's always the same computer i use)
    The big problem is that perfect world don't send me new code to tip... So i'm blocked with that %?:/!! verification window.
  • Options
    heroochampheroochamp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am a returning Champions player. This is my first time trying to bill with PWE. My credit card has been declined on here, yet the credit card company say they have allowed the transaction. I emailed PWE customer support 7-16-12 and got an automated response saying they will reply in 3-4 business days.... I created a PW account and merged it with my CO before trying to charge a subscription. Please, I'd like my Gold status back.
  • Options
    kereskisakereskisa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My subscription was suddenly cancelled?

It stopped at 9 days even though I didn't cancel it myself.
    I was supposed to be subscribed for 1 month.
  • Options
    reapfield#4372 reapfield Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kereskisa wrote: »

I'm having the same problem, actually. I subscribed for the three month limited time offer.
  • Options
    pyschothegeckopyschothegecko Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All I'm trying to do is subscribe to get a gold account, except I can't even get as far as the rest of y'all.

That secure.crypticstudios site keeps saying no Cookies enabled. Not only did I enable them always for it, I went ahead and changed my settings to enable all of them.

Still says they aren't enabled, can't log in, can't even get an account. I would say that affects my account and the ability to bill me.

And yes, using Internet Explorer.
  • Options
    matrixdragon1matrixdragon1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bladeflyer wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, actually. I subscribed for the three month limited time offer.

And my gold account was cancelled at nine days as well, after signing up for the limited time three month offer. Who do I need to contact over this?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm a dumbass that failed to notice my credit card linked to the account was out of date. Curious it took over a week for the game to notice, but oh well.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hm. Bought some Zen. Charged for it. Still 'reviewing'. Has been for like an hour. Weird.
  • Options
    sekireiiiisekireiiii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I purchased zen two days ago and it's still reviewing -_-
  • Options
    luminaevluminaev Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kereskisa wrote: »

Having the same problem, I just linked my cryptic account to PWI and subscribed yesterday. One day later, my CO subscription was cancelled for no reason.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    heroochamp wrote: »
    I am a returning Champions player. This is my first time trying to bill with PWE. My credit card has been declined on here, yet the credit card company say they have allowed the transaction. I emailed PWE customer support 7-16-12 and got an automated response saying they will reply in 3-4 business days.... I created a PW account and merged it with my CO before trying to charge a subscription. Please, I'd like my Gold status back.

You saying that you still paid even though it got declined by CO's side? o.O
  • Options
    doctorhandydoctorhandy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I previously briefly played both CO and STO, as well as playing CoH extensively, back when Cryptic was involved. So I know I have had a Cryptic account. And I decided yesterday that maybe I should retry CO. I couldn't log in using my Cryptic username/password, so I just created a PW account. When it asked me if I had a Cryptic account, I said yes, but it would not accept it, so I had no option but to say that I did not have a Cryptic account.

Doing research to find out about this, I saw that a while ago, Cryptic had sent me an e-mail that I hadn't noticed, saying that they had reset my password (this is over a year ago or so) because of suspicious activity. I probably didn't notice that e-mail because I wasn't actually playing any Cryptic games at the time. So now I can log in at the Cryptic website.

So I tried to go back and link the games again, but I had a really hard time finding a way of doing that after the fact (the instructions for this in the help section, btw, are completely wrong, because once you've created your PW account, it will not allow you to enter Cryptic account info to log in.

FINALLY (and don't ask me how I did this, because I tried so many different things), I was able to get a dialog where it asked me for my Cryptic info. And I got an error message saying that I had already linked my account to a different account. HOWEVER!!!! There is no indication telling me WHICH account is linked to WHICH OTHER account. Clearly, my Cryptic account is not linked to my PW account, because if it were, I would see that I was being billed $14.95 a month by Cryptic (something I just discovered) under my account info. I've been billed this amount for over a year now, even though I haven't been playing any games.

So how do I find out which of the accounts is actually linked to another account? I MIGHT have at one point, created a Perfect World account and forgot about it, so it's POSSIBLE, I suppose...

I want to know what the hell is going on with that $14.95 being sent to Cryptic every month. What am I paying for, that's not actually showing up under my account info?
  • Options
    silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So, here I am, trying to purchase a lifetime subscription, but the website refuses my card.

Does anyone know what can I do?
  • Options
    coinukcoinuk Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Anyone know how long it takes for the one time code mail to come through? Just reinstalled on a new Windows 8 pc and I've been waiting for this mail to play for nearly an hour now.

I can get other mails, the one for finding my username for instance, but nothing on the one time code and I've also checked the spam filter from my ISP as well.

This is a bit ridiculous, I know my password for the game after all.
  • Options
    coinukcoinuk Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, this is getting ridiculous now.

I'm finally getting the emails, numerous of them. Trouble is, they are taking SO DAMN LONG to come through, by the time I get them, they are not valid anymore!!

It's like they don't want us to play this game!!
  • Options
    thephantom74thephantom74 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok I have a lifetime Sub and had this from the original preorder. I have not played or logged in for a long time. I just logged in today and it is not showing as a lifetime subscriber and all of my characters are missing. Now it won't even let me create a new thread because it is saying that I do not have the right privileges to do so..

On a side not I can't even get into the Neverwinter Beta which I am supposed to have access to this weekend.
    Safe Haven
    sh-avatar.png
    www.safehavenguild.com
  • Options
    excilliousexcillious Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i dont know if this is right place to post but i just brought the devestator power dark armor and viking warrior on the c store. i tryed to create a character twice and got same message character creation failed and then it logged me out please help!
  • Options
    excilliousexcillious Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok i got it to work but now my armor isnt showing up in the tutorial
    ?
  • Options
    ailynhollowayailynholloway Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Alright, here's the deal: I renewed my subscription yesterday, and i still didn't get those 500 Zen you get per month for being a subscriber....now, i wonder why, because every last time i renewed my subscription, i got it pretty much few hours later in worst case, but this time, more than 1 day of waiting....is that some sort of bug, or something else?
  • Options
    sovereigntwelvesovereigntwelve Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Alright, here's the deal: I renewed my subscription yesterday, and i still didn't get those 500 Zen you get per month for being a subscriber....now, i wonder why, because every last time i renewed my subscription, i got it pretty much few hours later in worst case, but this time, more than 1 day of waiting....is that some sort of bug, or something else?

I've been a Gold Member from almost the beginning and I didn't get my stipend for the month either.
  • Options
    tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I usually get my stipend about the 11th due to my subscription renewal on the 10th, as of now it's been ten days and still no stipend for the month.
  • Options
    ailynhollowayailynholloway Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tigshadow wrote: »
    I usually get my stipend about the 11th due to my subscription renewal on the 10th, as of now it's been ten days and still no stipend for the month.

Well, at least i know now that i am not the only one with that problem....hope they gonna fix it soon, or at least give us some info about it.
  • Options
    slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also had an issue with the stipend system last month, as it went haywire and gave me two of them. While normally this is a cause of personal celebration, it was posted by Trailturtle that if you received a double portion you would not get one in May.

Understood. I didn't get one in May as it said I wouldn't. The issue I have is as I and others, have posted in two other threads, our Gold accounts were not billed in May. I have had a reoccurring monthly payment with the same debit card for the whole of my 365 days of subscription.

I have checked the card (not expired), checked the balance (there is availability to cover $14.99US and then some), I have checked with the bank (no authorization attempts shown from PWE).

Every time I tried to reactivate with the card I received an error, " Error updating subscription". I have since deleted all payment methods under my account to start fresh. The system will not take ANY card I put in saying payment was declined or information was entered incorrectly.

I have opened a total of 3 support tickets since Monday under billing and account support with still no response to any of them. Phoning in during operating hours PST to account and billing support has yielded nothing but a short wait and a message explaining that all reps are busy call back another time...CLICK.

Can someone who is still left watching the store please figure out what is going on please.

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • Options
    elvenangerelvenanger Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got a weird problem....I'm a lifetime account and yet I can't create threads on this board (I can on all the other PWI boards). I'm on a probationary period. Heck I can even use my Vanguard title.

It's so odd. :eek:
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a couple days ago I found my subscription inexplicably inactive despite that there was more than enough money in the bank, so I had to manually reactivate it. It had no trouble accepting my card, thankfully. However, now my Zen appears to be late in coming. Since I didn't get a "double stipend" last month, something else must be wrong.
  • Options
    brognor1936brognor1936 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had the problem about a year ago. I got it again... I payed for 1 month Gold in June 1st and now it's June 11th and my sub is Inactive... I contacted billing support in pwe site and still waiting...
  • Options
    rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having a paypal problem, the message in the headline appears and it seems I cannot find any info on it. I used to have a 3 month sub and it would go automatically from the paypal acc without a hitch, but I let the sub run out and havent returned until recently. Upon trying to reactivate, i managed to change the 3 month sub to a 1 month sub, but my question is this:

Does the payment happen automatically at the date of when I first paid my gold sub, or can I actively pay it manuelly from the account? The money is on there, yet there still seems to be a problem.

Already contacted support on this issue, awating reply and being vexed by the fact that something isn't functioning as it's supposed to.

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do we have another fumbling Dr. Newbton going on???
    Some poor 'summerslave' fiddled with wrong settings...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cityofheroes2cityofheroes2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All I'm trying to do is subscribe to get a gold account, except I can't even get as far as the rest of y'all.

That secure.crypticstudios site keeps saying no Cookies enabled. Not only did I enable them always for it, I went ahead and changed my settings to enable all of them.

Still says they aren't enabled, can't log in, can't even get an account. I would say that affects my account and the ability to bill me.

And yes, using Internet Explorer.

Does anyone have an answer to this guys question, cuz the same thing is happening to me.
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hear this one A LOT lately. Especially with one of my friends who paid last month on the 24th and now it's off again. I'm pretty sure that if you pay for a service and you've followed the rules, but you're not giving us what you agreed to provide, that's an illegal business practice. And for the record, while it might be a big mistake, considering how long this issue has been going on with no apology, no word on acknowledging it, and it's still not fixed after all this time, I don't think the Federal Trade Commission would be very forgiving, and I'd hate to see what's left of this game gone just because you guys are too busy pushing NW to clean up messes in other places.

Had the problem about a year ago. I got it again... I payed for 1 month Gold in June 1st and now it's June 11th and my sub is Inactive... I contacted billing support in pwe site and still waiting...