test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Telepathy Powers Preview

2»

Comments

• malakhellknightmalakhellknight Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like this update and I'm hoping your planning to continue through the other power sets. I again will post here some Ideas that I hope can make it.

Might

Sword and Shield/Knight Archetype: (I hope you allow the sword and shield to selected separately)
    This is a Half power devastator with a mechanic similar to the Stealth and Power armor.
    Your slotted passive gives you a mode (Idea name: Shield UP) that you go into a toggled block stance. In this stance you frontal Defense is increased. While in this mode like the power armor you can only use Sword & Shield Powers. In this mode if you wish changes how the power behaves.

Amorphous: I don't know if the game engine itself can handle this type, but this is stretch powers, Dhalsim, Dr. Fantastic, and Straw Hat Luffy are example of this.

Martial Arts
    I would like to see some more weapon choices come in for this other than just sword and unarmed
    Staff: A light version of Devastator focusing on knock ups and downs
    Knife: A quick charge, low damage version of sword, I hoping you include sai, bowie, and other unique knives. It also would benefit from some the mechanics you are trying to bring it with the new Telepathy powers.
    Nunchakus: basically a reskin of unarmed, but deals more with stuns.

Mental and/or Energy Projection
    Mental or energy Projection: this I believe can be done with the game engine. This is the same as amorphous, but you project the shapes. Think Green Lantern

Some other powers I'd like see something done
    Water
    Nature/Plant
    Petmaster powers (as in slotted passive and form that supports pets, powers to improve pet's performance)
    shapeshifting (For example: You have 3-5 different MAIN Powers, Wolf, Bear, Raptor, etc. with powers that support that form and 4-6 advantages for that main power. If possible you can make and color you "shape"
    Sonic/Sound
    Ghost and Undead

In the create a hero system Please can we have a tab for extra parts please I'd like to be able to use two different parts on the same point if possible, I.e. Roniesh Leg Full piece with Leg hoses for example. And some pivot and position ability
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A thought:

Any way we could get those cybermind costume pieces with this powerset? It's already made, you just gotta put it in the store.
  • acrosscatacrosscat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A thought:

Any way we could get those cybermind costume pieces with this powerset? It's already made, you just gotta put it in the store.

Man, so much stuff we could put in. VIPER psi stuff too. I mean, those locked gauntlets are something else.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    acrosscat wrote: »
    Man, so much stuff we could put in. VIPER psi stuff too. I mean, those locked gauntlets are something else.
    Honestly? I'm just looking forward to a costume set I can just flat out get from the store.
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a little worried by the fact GC repeatedly refers to powers as "spells" in the write-up. Hopefully htey're not the half-baked Neverwinter rejects it makes them sound like.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    May main (very 1st) toon is a psionic, I've been a huge fan & cheerleader for all things Mentalist since like, ever. Makes me really happy to see Telepathy finally getting well-deserved attention. Happy. Excited. Pregnant with joy and aroused with expectancy.

Looking forward to it, but also take your time making it really awesome, as it is deserving. The power mechanics and descriptions, the whole premise sounds really exciting. Hoping they not only work and synergize well, but look great also (FX and animations along concept/flavor are paramount to me). What I've seen so far looks promising - i.e fingers-to-temples animations, telepathic-y-looking waves/circles, minding all those little details that can make or break it. :wink::smile:

and lastly...Thank You!!! <3
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have mixed feelings, truthfully.

I love that this powerset is finally getting a revision, and that INT & PRE are getting some attention as stats.

I'm looking forward to this! Thank you for keeping to making this revision, I was doubting that powers would ever be looked at again after the reviews were announced to have been stopped.

I already have a character that will be perfect for this, Kali Q'Uzixola, and I can't wait to RetCon her to this to try it out!

However...

I am genuinely concerned that Stress debuff will become exploitatively overpowered. It's a wonderful debuff, but consider that it's better than ANYTHING for energy projectors (Fire, Ice, Force, Electricity, and Wind).

And before you all say I'm just being silly, consider that it's the same developer (Gentleman_Crush) who released Ricochet Throw and Epidemic as grossly overpowered before they were nerfed (talking about when they were initially released).

Not saying don't make Stress, but consider carefully, PLEASE! Or better yet, give a revision of the Energy Projector tree (starting with a rework of the terribly-bad Tier 4 power in it known as Energy Storm)
  • ouroborosinouroborosin Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ACTUAL CONTENT!

I am overjoyed, like unto a starving man who encounters a crust of bread.
  • danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, how much will this cost on the Zen Store?

-END OF LINE
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Content! Where? :eek:

To clarify, an archetype is not content.

A new episode series, a new zone, new missions, these are content.

Judging from the C-Store, the cost will be 1150 c-points.
    At least, that's what it says the other archetypes with cost are.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The rumor of a new AT were started in this very thread. Has there been any confirmation that such a creature is in the offing?

On the other paw, if they announce the new powers going Live before my deadline, I'll count that as fulfilling the requirement... :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    The rumor of a new AT were started in this very thread. Has there been any confirmation that such a creature is in the offing?

There has not been. We have not yet announced any plans for the powers' actual release.
  • dundromdundrom Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just read that there is no way to add on to the hit points of hold powers. That the same amount of "z" clicking would get you out of any holds. Presence and gear can only increase the time the hold will be active on a target. Is this true? If so, will there be a change to this when the telepathy power is released especially since most powers are a hold of some kind. I apologize if the questions doesn't seem to be relevant.
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dundrom wrote: »
    I just read that there is no way to add on to the hit points of hold powers. That the same amount of "z" clicking would get you out of any holds. Presence and gear can only increase the time the hold will be active on a target. Is this true? If so, will there be a change to this when the telepathy power is released especially since most powers are a hold of some kind. I apologize if the questions doesn't seem to be relevant.

This is not true, notice how when you try breaking out of a hold the 'timer' goes down. This is infact the health, the health is the timer. The more time you add, the more health there is because the time is also the health. Don't be fooled by random people, I've tested it.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great.

Now, make MIGHT MIGHTY again!
    Give me back my damage! And make fall damage do more damage!
    Smash! Crash! Bash!

Enough with the "soft" stuff (telepathy powers) Time to let the BIG BOYS (And gals) Eff stuff up!!

MIGHT NOW!!
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    implin wrote: »
    This is not true, notice how when you try breaking out of a hold the 'timer' goes down. This is infact the health, the health is the timer. The more time you add, the more health there is because the time is also the health. Don't be fooled by random people, I've tested it.

The Hold HP and Hold Time are two different mechanics that players believe to be one. They are not.. there may be a correlation mathematically but they are very much two different systems.

The HP of a hold refers to how much "breakfree" is required to break out.. this comes both by pressing "Z" when held, using an active offense, being affected by the breakfree from Celestial Cleansing's advantage, and taking on damage. This is why even the strongest crowd control still fails when the player uses an Active Offense, even though there have been releases to strengthen holds. The hold HP has not grown, simply the time.

The hold also naturally loses HP over time even if you don't actively use "breakfree" (which is technically a power). This system is even less defined than applying holds as hold resistance is called both "Hold Resistance" and "Crowd Control Resistance".. so not only do we not know what our Hold BUFFS do we have even less clarity as to what our hold DEBUFFS do. I can tell you tho.. I have a char in my SG with 670 EGO and he is held for about 1/3 the amount of TIME as my character in PvE.. though it seems the hp neccesary to break out is the same and his breakfree values are NOT stronger than mine. Also enemies do not use the same types of crowd control against players as players use.

The TIME of a hold refers to the amount of time a character will innately be held. This means nothing in PvP as the actual hold HP is not different.

The Sentinel's Broach items used in Utility gear do increase the time of a hold (about 4 seconds). There has been no evidence to them contributing to hold HP, though it has been a while since I checked.

TL:DR? There are at least 5 systems: Comprised of many values
    1. Hold Strength: Hold HP and Hold Time (not same thing)
    2. Breakfree value: granted with actives and celestial cleansing and pressing Z
    3. Innate Hold Resistance: From EGO (Hold Resistance) or PRE (Crowd Control Resistance)and MAYBE Gear (Sentinel's Brooch on defensive primary.
    4. Quntitative Hold Resistance: Breaking hold once gives 50% resistance, Breaking Twice gives you 100% Hold Resistance
    5. Hold Immunity: Granted at the release of ANY hold, and also granted after 3 holds of any quality or type

The system is different for NPCs as they use different holds than Players. Their holds do not grant players Qualitative Hold Resistance (Cairgorn Stoneblood holdspam and PvP Zombie Apocalypse holdspam for example)
  • dundromdundrom Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    The Hold HP and Hold Time are two different mechanics that players believe to be one. They are not.. there may be a correlation mathematically but they are very much two different systems.

The HP of a hold refers to how much "breakfree" is required to break out.. this comes both by pressing "Z" when held, using an active offense, being affected by the breakfree from Celestial Cleansing's advantage, and taking on damage. This is why even the strongest crowd control still fails when the player uses an Active Offense, even though there have been releases to strengthen holds. The hold HP has not grown, simply the time.

The hold also naturally loses HP over time even if you don't actively use "breakfree" (which is technically a power). This system is even less defined than applying holds as hold resistance is called both "Hold Resistance" and "Crowd Control Resistance".. so not only do we not know what our Hold BUFFS do we have even less clarity as to what our hold DEBUFFS do. I can tell you tho.. I have a char in my SG with 670 EGO and he is held for about 1/3 the amount of TIME as my character in PvE.. though it seems the hp neccesary to break out is the same and his breakfree values are NOT stronger than mine. Also enemies do not use the same types of crowd control against players as players use.

The TIME of a hold refers to the amount of time a character will innately be held. This means nothing in PvP as the actual hold HP is not different.

The Sentinel's Broach items used in Utility gear do increase the time of a hold (about 4 seconds). There has been no evidence to them contributing to hold HP, though it has been a while since I checked.

TL:DR? There are at least 5 systems: Comprised of many values
    1. Hold Strength: Hold HP and Hold Time (not same thing)
    2. Breakfree value: granted with actives and celestial cleansing and pressing Z
    3. Innate Hold Resistance: From EGO (Hold Resistance) or PRE (Crowd Control Resistance)and MAYBE Gear (Sentinel's Brooch on defensive primary.
    4. Quntitative Hold Resistance: Breaking hold once gives 50% resistance, Breaking Twice gives you 100% Hold Resistance
    5. Hold Immunity: Granted at the release of ANY hold, and also granted after 3 holds of any quality or type

The system is different for NPCs as they use different holds than Players. Their holds do not grant players Qualitative Hold Resistance (Cairgorn Stoneblood holdspam and PvP Zombie Apocalypse holdspam for example)

**Thanks, for this update. That's my understanding of how holds work in CO. It changes the way I will build my character, since I play for PVP mostly. I want to thank the DEV's too for adding new powers. I hope this is the start of a more aggressive approach to getting content out for your audience enjoyment.**
  • tongi02tongi02 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Swanky, Now we just need an update to the release. =^_*=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
    edited June 2013
    **Thanks, for this update. That's my understanding of how holds work in CO. It changes the way I will build my character, since I play for PVP mostly. I want to thank the DEV's too for adding new powers. I hope this is the start of a more aggressive approach to getting content out for your audience enjoyment.**

31486554.jpgbetter_to_be_feared_than_loved_by_piezelle-d56s4hy.png
  • megamise2megamise2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but will this power be free or one of those buy things iwch evrybody hates?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    megamise2 wrote: »

Remember, the game is "free to play"....not "everything for free". You want the latter, then go gold.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Say is there any updates on this new power-set? would like to kown. Also trailturtle will there be a free Full Retcon Token? Usely they are when new powersets or something changes in the powers they are so I been told.
    Psi.
    edited June 2013
    megamise2 wrote: »

What? These heathens are charging 'mun-eez' for cool things in the game, and not working for the sheer joy of pleasing us?

BURN THE HERETICS!!!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What? These heathens are charging 'mun-eez' for cool things in the game, and not working for the sheer joy of pleasing us?

BURN THE HERETICS!!!
    +1. If only so many people didn't think this was a seriously viable attitude...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there any updates on this?...Also will someone please be kind enough to..upload a video of the new power sets?
    Psi.
    edited July 2013
    Check back in 2015