Install Arc
Options

How to maximize fun in Forum Malvanum

2»

Comments

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the first point, you're right, so I removed it. On the second, we'll leave that open for discussion. Let's just say that my sense of humor gets less nice when I get in a bad mood, and between jerks at work and getting myself into arguments here, well - I've been in better moods.
    PLCVBJX4TBPYBVAHCXJS74J2OB7B4HVP.jpeg?1318992465
    I'll let you decide if I'm the baby or the jackass*.

*Yes, I know it's a yak.

What I thought when I saw this pic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJfr8jSVnHY

Yes,, no real connection and, yes, I AM strange. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got through on a random team today so it can happen. (no nice drops though :( )I kept switching between lightning storm and tap-Gigabolt and trying to keep the two lined up all the time till one goes down.. but then that's what i've always been doing so either way it seems Dr C wasn't the main factor of success or failure.

Another time today the random group i was in got one down and the other down to a third, which was the best non-success run for me so far.

The time we did get through everything before and after was a total breeze and the bad two went down with a reasonable bit of time to spare. Other times when everyone blasted through the other opponents we still hit the wall at the bad two, so i'm wondering if maybe some otherwise good dps heroes are falling flat on these two.

I have been in groups that blew through the mobs easily, then took a long time to beat the three gladiators. That doesn't bode well for beating Duraclad.

Why? Groups that understand, without chatting, how to keep the enemies together with threat and movement win. The AoE damage allows them to beat Duratok and Ironclad.

Groups that fight the big two one at a time don't win. Groups where people kite around like crazy don't win. Groups that try to divide and conquer don't win.

There is a clear strategy:

1. Someone tries to aggro both Duratok and Ironclad, and stays put, or only moves in small circles.
    2. Ranged DPS stay at a distance, preferably in the air and rain down AoE.
    3. Melee DPS focuses on one toon.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been in groups that blew through the mobs easily, then took a long time to beat the three gladiators. That doesn't bode well for beating Duraclad.

Why? Groups that understand, without chatting, how to keep the enemies together with threat and movement win. The AoE damage allows them to beat Duratok and Ironclad.

Groups that fight the big two one at a time don't win. Groups where people kite around like crazy don't win. Groups that try to divide and conquer don't win.

There is a clear strategy:

1. Someone tries to aggro both Duratok and Ironclad, and stays put, or only moves in small circles.
    2. Ranged DPS stay at a distance, preferably in the air and rain down AoE.
    3. Melee DPS focuses on one toon.

Basically one gorup I was on, 35, 38, 40, 18, 11 almost beat them two. Had one down completely and ironclad still running around. Really spent alot of time chasing as someone went kite crazy. It was good stuff already we managed to get one down while spending half the time trying to keep up and not even able to do much charge powers or AOEs because they would be kited out of range by the time the bar gets half way.

I think if the kiter stayed in place or even merely hovered above we would have murdered both of them no problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Kiting seems to be the number two reason my groups don't finish the Forum to round 10.
    (The number one reason is not doing enough damage.)

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kiting seems to be the number two reason my groups don't finish the Forum to round 10.
    (The number one reason is not doing enough damage.)

Actually they're the same reason.

*hands roughbearmattach a split hair*
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are so many better managed and developed games out there.

Why are we all still arguing about how terrible this one is?

Before you queue for new temporary alert content, just say to yourselves: "Well, this is going to be un-fun. But I'm going to force myself to do it anyways because i used to enjoy this game and am desperate to regain that enjoyment."

And all will be fine, you'll still hate yourself when you watch that one guy kiting ironclad across the arena, you'll still fail 90% of PUGs, and you'll still regret that all of your friends have basically quit, leaving you no one to make a premade with.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I mean that groups also fail when there is no kiting, but there is simply not enough damage being done.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have reason to believe that this alert is a test to see how much dps we can dish out in as little time as possible. How much uninspired content will we grind through for little to no reward.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    being a glutton for punishment, I queued for Forum alert again.

3 person team, the other two were 6 & 10

I left.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    being a glutton for punishment, I queued for Forum alert again.

3 person team, the other two were 6 & 10

I left.

I am so freaking frustrated with this alert. I have completed it (round 10) over 50 times now and I am still chasing that stupid AF.

And I can't even begin to count the number of failed attempts; either because of lowbies, weak lvl 40, players who don't have a clue or a combination of all of the above.

And now it's getting harder and harder to get a pre-made team up due to the crappy taste in everyone's mouth.

Really TT, is this you guys idea of "fun"? Because it most certainly is not. :frown:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've done it a grand total of three times and it just isn't fun. Too many cutscenes, too few interesting mechanics, poorly made, buggy and too short in any case. I failed one and succeeded twice and I got nothin' good to show for it, so forget it. :|

The only winning move is to not play~
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've played it about ten times. The only win was a premade group with high dps. Only money dropped.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    I've played it about ten times. The only win was a premade group with high dps. Only money dropped.

My exact experience with the alert as well.
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Too much talking artificially lengthens what should have been a short alert. While I think the difficulty is fine, the rewards are too random. At least give tokens or increase the resource rewards.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't even understand why people lower than 30 queue up for this alert. Wait for the bloody Smash alerts! I've had a few lvl 6 players on my team in these alerts, I don't quit the alert, because usually we do fine till Ironclad and Duratok and the quest will be done anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played it twice.
    Second time as a level 7, with a level 11 in the alert, the rest were 40s, we won by the skin of our teeth. I don't usually alert that low but I did this for science.

Kind of had fun but the cut scenes kill any desire to this more than once a week if that.
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know it seems like a myth to some...but you can actually get a team together before starting the alert.

I know it seems crazy...but it actually works.

It's much more productive than complaining about the other people the queue put you with after the fact.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've run this thing about a hundred times and still no action figures. All I get is costume pieces. I sure am making a lot of Gs off of them though.

However, I'd trade all those Gs for the action figures by now. I can only hope that they get added to the Q store like the Leviathan was even though I REALLY don't want their rarity value diminished because of it.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meanwhile, I got 3 same Firewing AFs and getting lame. :(

Why Bound on Pickup?