test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can Smackwell see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

omnesvanitasomnesvanitas Posts: 57 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Hero Games
Now that I got your attention, do you acknowledge the current state of the game? I will not take PWE copypasta as an answer.

I haven't played this game for about 9 months, but I've been informed of some changes and I've sometimes logged in to mess around with the countless of bugs.
In my opinion this game is too recycled now and it can be seen. Bugs everywhere, recycled content, pay to possibly win if you got lucky elements and lack of inspiration.
Cryptic started it on the right foot, but then the development stopped and now it's on life support. It's being fed with these grab bags and lockboxes. Some occasional new models and textures are released.
Is it not time to pull the plug? Or are all the PWE workers truly as naive as they seem to be?

Expecting a PWE copypasta about forum something something and then instalock, but it's worth a shot.

Regards, Aurghumaisuta-senpai

EDIT: I'm not asking for a player's personal opinion. So stop posting. Especially if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
Post edited by omnesvanitas on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, are you asking Smackwell this? Cause he's not an employee, he's a volunteer.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • omnesvanitasomnesvanitas Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, are you asking Smackwell this? Cause he's not an employee, he's a volunteer.

That's the point, because he can't get fired for having an opinion, right?
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it not time to pull the plug?

Yes. Obviously it is that time. For you. So uninstall the game and pretend it doesn't exist. Why would would you think it's a good idea to terminate the game when there's still people that enjoy it? If you don't like it, then go play something else, and let us keep playing.

For me, no. It isn't that time yet.
    That's the point, because he can't get fired for having an opinion, right?

He's already pointed out in other threads that he's not a fan of PWE's practices, if I recall right.

Course I'll let him respond for himself if he wishes.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited June 2013
    For me, no. It isn't that time yet.

I can't recognize your name, so give it some time and you'll understand.
    edited June 2013
    I'm a long-time City of Heroes player. I was still an active subscriber when they pulled the plug on that game. I watched many groups of people get torn apart by the loss of that game. I will NEVER support the termination of an MMO community by the publisher so long as the game can be kept running at a profit. Even if that means it goes into permanent maintenance mode like Guild Wars 1 recently did.

Again, if you don't want to play, leave. Don't try to take the game away from others.

Again, if you don't want to play, leave. Don't try to take the game away from others.

I don't recall asking for your opinion. Again, take your time, it's no use trying to explain. You need to experience it and that takes time.
    tumblr_loyizr5btd1qld91wo1_500.gif
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't get you if you dislike the game so much just stop playing it simples no?

P.s what are all these bugs people go on about I play pretty much every other day and have encounter 0 bugs in at least the last month possibly longer.
    edited June 2013
    I don't get you if you dislike the game so much just stop playing it simples no?

P.s what are all these bugs people go on about I play pretty much every other day and have encounter 0 bugs in at least the last month possibly longer.

I guess you are new here. So I don't think you should bother yourself with forums when you barely know what is going on. Also I didn't ask for your opinion.

EDIT: Also I don't dislike the game, it was one of my favourites until we were disappointed over and over again.
    I'm not angry at the game, I'm angry at the people who ruin it for me.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmmmm if you sir only wanted Smackwell's opinion, you could pm him you know. I'd love to hear Trailturtle's opinion on this however...
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    too-damn-high-meme-generator-your-expectations-are-too-damn-high-ba9ee8.jpg

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This thread made me cringe. :/
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    implin wrote: »
    too-damn-high-meme-generator-your-expectations-are-too-damn-high-ba9ee8.jpg

LUV! JayBezz approved
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't recall asking for your opinion.

When you post on a public forum, aren't you essentially asking for everyone's opinion?
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess you are new here.

Pretty sure he's been around since beta, or perhaps just launch. Who are you ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    LUV! JayBezz approved

I can help you out a little bit, you copypasted the wrong thing this time. Here's the norm:

lolz ikr PW so lazy #TelepathyNow.

So just CtrlC CtrlV that and you can be back to posting on deserted forums for a game that you don't play anymore, enjoy.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    EDIT: I'm not asking for a player's personal opinion. So stop posting. Especially if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Doesn't want other players opinions posts in players forum and asks for a certain players opinion anyway.

35m12n.jpg
    I guess you are new here. So I don't think you should bother yourself with forums when you barely know what is going on. Also I didn't ask for your opinion.

Mess is a well respected well known long time player. You OP are neither. Rethink your logic.

Will add if you want Smackwell's opinion and not the playerbases try PM'ing the guy and not posting here.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited June 2013
    before-anyone-asks-anime-another_o_662340.jpg

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
    edited June 2013
    I can't recognize your name, so give it some time and you'll understand.

Bunny is another respected player if im not mistaken in both CO and COH. Give it time new guy you will learn all the vets names and understand. Dont let the PWE join date fool you thats always wrong.
    In the meantime while we await Smacks words from on high lets play Nepht style charades.

3oyi.jpg
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited June 2013
    I guess people just won't get the clue and degenerate into ignorant flamers. That's a shame.
    Well I guess this will be another thread to be locked. I really wanted to hear their opinion but you just don't want me to do that.
    There's a lot of stuff I'd like to comment about, but I can't just go and correct every single word you say, that would hurt your ego.:rolleyes:
    I will stop looking at this thread now and not mess with you highly respected baddie "vets" who are vastly superior and know what you are doing better than a noob scrub like me. :wink:

I'm off to play a more stable MMO! Oh, wait it's getting DDOS'sed right now.

Also I never asked for your opinions.
    Hue.
    I didn't want to PM anyone since I have no idea what to PM. And getting to know that would require me to communicate with you. *Shivers* :wink:

Unsincerely, That Noob Kid Sylux.

My enter key is stuck.
    edited June 2013
    My enter key is stuck.

Guys I vote we forget all the stupid crap this guy said and buy him a cup cake just down to this one line XD
    edited June 2013
    8640264529b8defd4dfbd243b7f05d951355122604_full.jpg

heath_ledger_joker.jpeg

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kittysad.jpg

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cur 4 lufdcidtus fund clik heeer .........;;;gud yes bild 5 g?????????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    cur 4 lufdcidtus fund clik heeer .........;;;gud yes bild 5 g?????????

Gib mony plis!! Hue hue hue hue :biggrin:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited June 2013
    tumblr_mbc4b6NPUW1qk1ld8o1_500.gif

tumblr_mf3kcmZKaB1rbbkkyo1_500.gif

31124916.jpg

edited June 2013
    Oh, internet wars are my favorite...don't quit now Sylux, you know you can win...show them your knowledge!
    Guys, will you just let him be the bigger guy? Come on, prove yourselves by using your "veteran" status!

Time to see real PvP!
    edited June 2013
    Oh, internet wars are my favorite...don't quit now Sylux, you know you can win...show them your knowledge!
    Guys, will you just let him be the bigger guy? Come on, prove yourselves by using your "veteran" status!

Time to see real PvP!

Are you sure he didn't mean he was someone who looked after bitches*? NONO, not a pimp.

edited June 2013
    Are you sure he didn't mean he was someone who looked after bitches*? NONO, not a pimp.

Purple gang Poe you mean?
    Maybe Hi Pan?
    Okay
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now that I got your attention, do you acknowledge the current state of the game? I will not take PWE copypasta as an answer.

I haven't played this game for about 9 months, but I've been informed of some changes and I've sometimes logged in to mess around with the countless of bugs.
    In my opinion this game is too recycled now and it can be seen. Bugs everywhere, recycled content, pay to possibly win if you got lucky elements and lack of inspiration.
    Cryptic started it on the right foot, but then the development stopped and now it's on life support. It's being fed with these grab bags and lockboxes. Some occasional new models and textures are released.
    Is it not time to pull the plug? Or are all the PWE workers truly as naive as they seem to be?

Expecting a PWE copypasta about forum something something and then instalock, but it's worth a shot.

Regards, Aurghumaisuta-senpai

I'm not angry at the game, I'm angry at the people who ruin it for me.

Huh, um... sorry I ruined the game for you? I'd like to know what I did though.

Do I acknowledge the state of the game? What's the state of the game?

If by "recycled" you mean the alert system, sure, it could be called that. But that's what the budget allows, apparently.

Bugs, sure, nothing that completely breaks the game to an unplayable state, but whatcha gonna do, you know?

Is it time to pull the plug? No, not as long as the game is making money (all indications point to the game making money, enough to keep itself running). If you have any ideas why a plug-pulling is in order, when it would result in loss of revenue, I'd like to hear that.

I don't know why you want my opinion specifically; I'm no different than any of you here.

Regards, hasta luego (I don't read whatever language that is).
    biffsig.jpg
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Regards, hasta luego (I don't read whatever language that is).

"Hello & Cya" in Spanish. xD
    edited June 2013
    I think the "Aurghumaisuta-senpai" was the language that Smacky doesn't speak. I assume it's Japanese; I think I recognize the word "senpai".

This thread is the only result on a Google search for the whole phrase, or for the first word.
    I think the "Aurghumaisuta-senpai" was the language that Smacky doesn't speak. I assume it's Japanese; I think I recognize the word "senpai".

This thread is the only result on a Google search for the whole phrase, or for the first word.

Probably short word of "Arigato-gozaimasita Senpai", means "Thx Senior" in Japanese. xD
    edited June 2013
    NOOO the meme thread. :<

YOU MAY TAKE DOWN OUR THREAD!!!

BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEDOOM!!!!
    images-36.jpeg

push-it-patrick-meme-generator-let-s-take-a-dead-thread-and-put-it-into-a-new-thread-a15537.jpg

I'm really sorry.. I couldn't resist that meme. I'll stop now. ;)

edited June 2013
    NOOO the meme thread. :<

YOU MAY TAKE DOWN OUR THREAD!!!

BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEDOOM!!!!

I'm really sorry.. I couldn't resist that meme. I'll stop now. ;)

lololol xD

I'm sorry; I intended no offense. I just couldn't resist those meme too. Bye-bye dead thread. T.T
    stupid-490x375.jpg
    edited June 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    lololol xD

28155284.jpg

PVPEEE has died...

GG all :) I posted something in another thread about what they need to do to save the game. People need to understand that PvP is vital for an MMO is in needed in the game. To fix pvp you need more players who want to pvp, to get more players to want to pvp you need to fix some bugs and you need more players in the game as a total, to get more players in the entire game you need to fix a few bugs while also maybe making the content that doesn't get used anymore into something also YOU NEED TO FIX THE LAG ISSUES! VERY IMPORTANT! Long sentence is long.

But yeah basically we need to have people working on the game, the community can't just go out and get more people into the game like that. There are many things you can do which REALLY don't requite much work, time of effort.

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [...]
    I will stop looking at this thread now[...]

[...] I have no idea what to PM. [...]

[...] My enter key is stuck. [...]

Quite a legacy you've left behind.

However, if you were going for "yeah, I'll make them all hate me so they'll never forget me!" you have a lot to learn. Unfortunately, the master was so good at it that they were banned, so you'll just have to figure it out for yourself.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited June 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Quite a legacy you've left behind.

However, if you were going for "yeah, I'll make them all hate me so they'll never forget me!" you have a lot to learn. Unfortunately, the master was so good at it that they were banned, so you'll just have to figure it out for yourself.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi2sJlaWV7cks1XdF6TOu21rIIeV3-reRMe-NyELv3IObprYDvCg

• oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game is still being played? WTH! :biggrin:
    edited June 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUo6C4wO5kWgSEaZzLjDZ37n5Yd_bc7dXNNzqZNSTgMPWuAqYL

Yay, Passive aggressive humor from people who have little to no experience in subject matter! Here in the Hero Games Forums, you can tell we're super-receptive to that. Enjoy your potshots at slow targets.
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay, Passive aggressive humor from people who have little to no experience in subject matter! Here in the Hero Games Forums, you can tell we're super-receptive to that. Enjoy your potshots at slow targets.

It's funny cause the thread has nothing to do with the Hero Games. =D
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited June 2013
    It's funny cause the thread has nothing to do with the Hero Games. =D

(( Exactly ))
    edited June 2013
    memes_top_secret_ramen-s500x563-160978.jpg
    edited June 2013
    The game is being played like the forums, wrongly. :'(

• clawsandeffectclawsandeffect Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a long-time City of Heroes player. I was still an active subscriber when they pulled the plug on that game. I watched many groups of people get torn apart by the loss of that game. I will NEVER support the termination of an MMO community by the publisher so long as the game can be kept running at a profit. Even if that means it goes into permanent maintenance mode like Guild Wars 1 recently did.

Agree. I'm a longtime CoH vet as well. I was logged on at the exact second the servers went dark.

It doesn't matter how new I am or that I "don't get what's going on". What matters is: You are demanding that a game be terminated because YOU don't like how it's going.

If YOU don't like it, YOU can quit playing it. Don't sit there and tell people that the choice of whether they play something or not should be taken away because YOU don't like it.

Do you like Dairy Queen Blizzards? You do? Oh, well I don't like them, so YOU should never be allowed to have one again. Same thing.

Would that be fair, or justified in any way? No, it wouldn't. You don't get to dictate that no one can play a game because you don't like it. You can take your ball and go home if you like, because everyone else has their own ball too and aren't dependent on yours to play the game.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

(Anyone who is familiar with my posting from the CoH forums should know what I really mean when I say "have a nice day". Lets see if the people who don't know me yet can figure it out.)
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry I ruined the game for everyone, guys! Breakfast cereal!
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Sorry I ruined the game for everyone, guys! Breakfast cereal!

mzjnkc.jpg

That is all :)

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WELL since this is a PvP thread...I will say to you all...try PvPing with Psi Lash...it works. I came fourth with it in a BASH match >_> IMP was there >_> :biggrin::tongue:
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WELL since this is a PvP thread...I will say to you all...try PvPing with Psi Lash...it works. I came fourth with it in a BASH match >_> IMP was there >_> :biggrin::tongue:

Came second with a character whose main attacks were 5 lunges. No really, you can do anything in there.