test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I need to vent -- PWE Customer Support

kuramabingyikuramabingyi Posts: 13 Arc User
I am now venting my frustration for, at the very least, the support staff for Perfect World Entertainment because I don't want to jeopardize my account by sending them a scathing service ticket venting these frustrations, so now the Champions Online forums must suffer with another topic complaining about the status of the game.

This, Perfect World. What is this?!

I]Removed -- it is not allowed to post private correspondence on the forums. -TrailTurtle.[/I

I'll tell you what this is. It's a lost subscription. I didn't want to stop playing this game because of the endless amounts of roleplaying opportunities (Because to me, that's all this game is good for at the moment: to be able to play a superhero character in an MMO severely lacking in content) but because of this, I have no reason to stay if customers are being treated like this.

A bit of context, though: Because it would have been easier at such a low level, I had wanted to recreate one of my characters and, unknowingly, had deleted the character with 150 Globals as well as the Zen Store Hawkwing Heavy Fighter. The Resources I'm no longer concerned with, but the fact that I had accidentally deleted a character that had something I had purchased off of the Zen store is what stings -- and the apparent fact that Perfect World couldn't do anything about it makes me livid. This basically says to me that I wasted $14 on virtual, in-game items and Perfect World Entertainment couldn't care any less.

I resubmitted an update just now clarifying on the character name, but if nothing more can be done then I can no longer justify paying for a subscription to a game very clearly lacking in customer support.

Good game, Perfect World. Thank you.
Post edited by kuramabingyi on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So...You are complaining about their offer to remake a deleted character.

A character that you, the player, responsible for said character, deleted without bothering to check the character for equipment that you, the player, should have looked after.

This isn't a problem with Support. =|
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you were concerned about the Z store item, should have originally stated that you need the character restored because of the lost cash item or a new one replaced. They make that happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So...You are complaining about their offer to remake a deleted character.

A character that you, the player, responsible for said character, deleted without bothering to check the character for equipment that you, the player, should have looked after.

This isn't a problem with Support. =|

An accidental deletion is something that should be easily recovered. Yes, I could have taken better care and responsibility to make sure that I transferred my items off of said deleted character, but the fact of the matter is that it was done. It was done and because of it I sent a ticket asking for them to recover my character so I can get the items off of it.

My frustration is because I gave them my character name and information, yet the ticket they sent back to me has "[InsertCharacterName]" instead and told me that they couldn't complete it.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That would make it an automated message reply. Otherwise they would have realized that there was an error in recovering the character and would have put your character's actual name in the response.

That specific check looks for currently existing characters. Obviously that doesn't work. You gotta keep sending more tickets through customer service. Those are live responses most of the time.
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you check out their latest game, Neverwinter?
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »

HAHAHA I really laughed hard at that one.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one thing I'll never talk crap about is NCSoft's customer support. Although the initial replies were often form responses (because come on, they had a huge player base with a lot of common problems), they always spoke to me personally when I needed to explore or vent about an issue. I still remember the time GM Lloyd visited me personally in the game in the form of a police drone, just to make sure I had solved an earlier issue (after trying to scare me with the drone :biggrin:). I remember all of the times GM Lloyd, Roland and others responded personally multiple times during the same ticket. I remember having conversations where I could tell they were listening.

I was familiar enough with some of the CS team that when the game closed, I made a thread to thank them for all of their care over the years, and you know what? That thread filled up with other thankful, even tearful players, just like me.

You can make fun of that if you want. I may despise NCSoft's management, but I feel nothing but gratitude for their CS team.

Dear Cryptic, I am one of your biggest fans, but I play your games with the same attitude that I keep while playing older games that have lost their support or whose publishers have gone out of business--I just try not to make any problems for myself, because I'm on my own. :frown:
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »

Oh god someone ban this guy for real life threats cos that reply is just AWESOME.

On a side note dont feel bad, you might have been the only person left subscribing!
    Theres gotta be less than 50 at this point. With the FF Slot theres not much to keep paying for.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the FF Slot theres not much to keep paying for.

That's the only reason I subscribe.

There isn't much else beyond that.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight...

PWE nor Cryptic weren't responsible for the deletion of your character, instead you deleted it by your own hand.

At the same time you didn't take the intiative to make sure that the character didn't have any valuable items that you could transfer to another character before you deleted it.

Not to mention that deletion of a character requires you to enter the exact character name in a popup field to confirm the deletion as a fail-safe.

And you're blaming PWE / Cryptic for a stupid mistake could have been so easily avoided, that you and you alone made?

If I had my way, obviously I'd prefer them to restore the character and wanted items for you, but seriously though? In no way do they have any obligation to. This was your mistake, not theirs. Don't blame them for that.

Now before I get called a fangirl / apologist, I've had nothing but criticisms for PWE / Cryptic of late and on how they conduct business, but blaming them for what happened is just absurd and plainly putting the blame on others for someone's own mistakes.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the OP is more upset by the fact that he gave them the information they requested, but they won't restore it because they didn't pay attention to the information he provided. Notice how the response from Perfect World/Cryptic says "[InsertCharacterName]" and not "Emperor" as he had stated.
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In case I stepped on anyone's toes, I want to clarify that my previous post was just to poke a little fun at the replies from CS by reiterating what they said at the end of their messages.

"Hey we're sorry that this automated reply won't help you at all, but check out this other game we made!"

(Though I must agree with Jenny, they aren't obliged to restore the character as it's kind of the OP's own fault. Still, sucks that they can't restore it.)
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An accidental deletion is something that should be easily recovered. Yes, I could have taken better care and responsibility to make sure that I transferred my items off of said deleted character, but the fact of the matter is that it was done. It was done and because of it I sent a ticket asking for them to recover my character so I can get the items off of it.

My frustration is because I gave them my character name and information, yet the ticket they sent back to me has "[InsertCharacterName]" instead and told me that they couldn't complete it.

What?

They make you type in the name of your character before deleting.

There is nothing "accidental" about that.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have very strong opinions about Cryptic and PWe, in regards to if the issue is about them saying no, i'd have to say they did nothing wrong though. imagine if everyone kept requesting old characters restored again, it's a service they don't actually intent to be done all the time.
  • Options
    borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can understand the frustration of accidentally deleting a character, but I also know it's VERY hard to accidentally delete a character.

It requires that you type in the character's name before deleting, and there is at least one "Are you sure" type question. I have deleted MANY toons when I had a better idea, and I have deleted a toon with over 300G (a stupendous amount in my mind) and some rare gear because I didn't log in and check before deleting. I knew I was deleting the character, but was lazy and didn't bother to check. When I found out - I was angry, but it was my 'duh' moment, my loss.

I can't say that is what happened for you, but it's hard for me to imagine that you accidentally chose the character, accidentally typed the name, and accidentally hit the 'ok' button on the "Are you sure?" question.

And I can't speak for Cryptic, but since they do have those protocols in place to prevent this type of 'accident', I can understand their attitude towards it.

If you had been deleting character "A" and right when you clicked the final 'ok' button it deleted character "B", I'd completely see that being a major issue, and would be fully expecting Support to help me get my character back and fix the problem. And they most likely would.

I definitely feel for the loss of your hard earned item, but if it were me I wouldn't have expected Cryptic to fix the issue.

Still I wish you luck.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borg10f9 wrote: »
    I can understand the frustration of accidentally deleting a character, but I also know it's VERY hard to accidentally delete a character.

It requires that you type in the character's name before deleting, and there is at least one "Are you sure" type question. I have deleted MANY toons when I had a better idea, and I have deleted a toon with over 300G (a stupendous amount in my mind) and some rare gear because I didn't log in and check before deleting. I knew I was deleting the character, but was lazy and didn't bother to check. When I found out - I was angry, but it was my 'duh' moment, my loss.

I can't say that is what happened for you, but it's hard for me to imagine that you accidentally chose the character, accidentally typed the name, and accidentally hit the 'ok' button on the "Are you sure?" question.

And I can't speak for Cryptic, but since they do have those protocols in place to prevent this type of 'accident', I can understand their attitude towards it.

If you had been deleting character "A" and right when you clicked the final 'ok' button it deleted character "B", I'd completely see that being a major issue, and would be fully expecting Support to help me get my character back and fix the problem. And they most likely would.

I definitely feel for the loss of your hard earned item, but if it were me I wouldn't have expected Cryptic to fix the issue.

Still I wish you luck.

This summarizes my take on this issue as well.

From my experience working in Customer Relations, when asking for something above and beyond services normally offered it is generally not a good idea to get angry.

What you are asking for is not a service that they advertise or that you have paid for. You are asking for someone to expend company resources (however small the amount) on your behalf to correct a situation for which the company is not responsible.

Be the good guy. Be persistent if you like, but remain the good guy that the rep[ wants to help (if a rep ever actually sees the problem).

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I guess I should clarify, although at this point it really feels like I'm just backed up into a corner because everyone, understandably, feels the blame should be on myself rather than Customer Service, and you're right.

Was it my fault that I deleted my character? Yes, it very much was. Was it my fault I completely forgot I had these items on said character? Yes, it very much was.

The point is that I put my faith in Perfect World Entertainment to help me recover the character so I can get the resources and the Z-Store item off of him, and transfer them to another character before deleting the character again, but will that happen? No, which is where my frustrations lie.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess I should clarify, although at this point it really feels like I'm just backed up into a corner because everyone, understandably, feels the blame should be on myself rather than Customer Service, and you're right.

Was it my fault that I deleted my character? Yes, it very much was. Was it my fault I completely forgot I had these items on said character? Yes, it very much was.

The point is that I put my faith in Perfect World Entertainment to help me recover the character so I can get the resources and the Z-Store item off of him, and transfer them to another character before deleting the character again, but will that happen? No, which is where my frustrations lie.

Fair point, as i'd expect the reason they do do these restorations is for the very purpose of accidently deleting the wrong thing, or items were on it that money was spent on etc, it is very odd that there is a time it can't be done, ultimately i can't blame them, though if the function is allowed in other cases, i find it weird it can't this time.

I'd suggest next time you speak to them, explain the issue, maybe they might reimburse just the item if restoring it still isn't possible, or maybe they had trouble finding it, if infact your date of when it was deleted wasn't accurate enough and they have some weird system that needs to be very precise. idk. just try to explain all that and hope for the best.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They've refunded me the Zen. Not all was lost.
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 to Cryptic Mistakes

Total Count: 1,871,534
  • Options
    ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am now venting my frustration for, at the very least, the support staff for Perfect World Entertainment because I don't want to jeopardize my account by sending them a scathing service ticket venting these frustrations, so now the Champions Online forums must suffer with another topic complaining about the status of the game.

This, Perfect World. What is this?!

I]Removed -- it is not allowed to post private correspondence on the forums. -TrailTurtle.[/I

I'll tell you what this is. It's a lost subscription. I didn't want to stop playing this game because of the endless amounts of roleplaying opportunities (Because to me, that's all this game is good for at the moment: to be able to play a superhero character in an MMO severely lacking in content) but because of this, I have no reason to stay if customers are being treated like this.

A bit of context, though: Because it would have been easier at such a low level, I had wanted to recreate one of my characters and, unknowingly, had deleted the character with 150 Globals as well as the Zen Store Hawkwing Heavy Fighter. The Resources I'm no longer concerned with, but the fact that I had accidentally deleted a character that had something I had purchased off of the Zen store is what stings -- and the apparent fact that Perfect World couldn't do anything about it makes me livid. This basically says to me that I wasted $14 on virtual, in-game items and Perfect World Entertainment couldn't care any less.

I resubmitted an update just now clarifying on the character name, but if nothing more can be done then I can no longer justify paying for a subscription to a game very clearly lacking in customer support.

Good game, Perfect World. Thank you.

Losing 14 Bucks because of your own mistake? Totally worth causing a huge ruckus. /sarcasm
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if yoou check through the TOS, I think there is a section in there about recovering characters. from level 10 onwards
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!