test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forum Malvanum Arrives Tomorrow

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
Ladies and gents, heroes of all powersets, the Forum Malvanum alert arrives tomorrow! The maintenance announcement has been posted, with a start time of 7AM Pacific.

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who playtested and gave us feedback. We got a couple of really good changes made as a result, and I think they really helped the alert.

The coliseum awaits, heroes -- Ave Malva!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I can't wait! :)
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My level 40's are ready. >:)

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My level 40's are ready. >:)

Don't worry, they'll be nerfed to 30

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry, they'll be nerfed to 30

Oh the Joy. Eh, It can't come near to spoiling it.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sooooo excited!

I even have a new costume i've been working on for Dr Cerebellum using some of the pieces i got doing the fun races (yep i really really really enjoy the races!). Hmm i better get it finished.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe one of the new costume unlocks for this event are...Mace Hands? Gladiator style?..maybe? :biggrin:

Oh how I hope.
  • Options
    lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ladies and gents, heroes of all powersets, the Forum Malvanum alert arrives tomorrow! The maintenance announcement has been posted, with a start time of 7AM Pacific.

Will the Forum Malvanum Alert stay (as the Sky Carrier alert) or will it be recurrent as the others Custom Alerts (Grab the money, Red Winter, etc...)?

Will the races disappear once the Forum is on Live??

Thanks.
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lawblack wrote: »

The dailies stayed active until the end of the Lemurian event; it seems reasonable to assume that the race will remain until the end of the current event.
    edited May 2013
    lawblack wrote: »
    Will the Forum Malvanum Alert stay (as the Sky Carrier alert) or will it be recurrent as the others Custom Alerts (Grab the money, Red Winter, etc...)?

Thanks.

Will most likely stay till around mid to late June? Then be removed. That's my own little estimation anyway.

Seeing as its an event, I'd compare it to Harbinger Event mission which stuck around for a bit.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lordgar said that this was custom alert. That means it goes into rotation with the others, like Red Winter and Hi Pan.

Forum Malvanum is a five-person, level 30 alert. Just like the others.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They never said it would be a Rampage.

I am disappointed--I guess I assumed it would be something like the Harbinger mission, rather than something like Red Winter (the best analogue).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sorry im ignoring you Cryptic because you ignored us.

Not playing this...not at all. Boycotting. Complete ignorance to the community again. What a piece of s##t that had yet again "potential" WASTED! ALL THAT EFFORT YOU JUST THREW INTO THE TRASH!

Why do you even ask us to come onto test server, why collect mountains of data of us ALL CRYING OUT FOR THE SAME THING, IF YOU DONT LISTEN TO JACK AND S##T

Congratulations on losing your $#!^ because Cryptic delivered exactly what they told us they would when Forum Malvanum was announced. Epic tantrum, 10/10, would foot-stomp again.

If you want to go off on Cryptic later, because we're facing down another disposable event after this, and we're celebrating the one year anniversary of our last State of The Game (and that's coming up real soon), I'll be glad to light your torch and hand you a pitchfork. Until then, use the time you're not playing to learn to pick your fights better.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One minute to take down Ironclad and Duratok? Not happening.

Did anyone use AT's during the PTS?

LOLNOPE.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Costumes. Enjoy.
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »

Is it wrong that I now really really want to do this just for the novelty of getting a giant feathery eyebrows costume part? :confused:
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LOLNOPE.

It's actually a minute thirty now unless they unfixed the change.

However, there is a critical bug - if you encounter PSI on Round 7, it WILL FAIL EVERY TIME. A mob goes and runs through the entryway wall and falls out of the world.

Thanks for reading our bug reports, Cryptic. Again.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, seems my lunge doesn't work in this alert. Maybe because I'm flying, but even so that's really annoying:mad:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enixonbb wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I now really really want to do this just for the novelty of getting a giant feathery eyebrows costume part? :confused:

Try as you want, there is no chance to win this alert. And even if you could, you would only have a small chance to get one of these rewards. You might as well try getting Therakiel's Blade instead. :rolleyes:

Also, it was really nice of Cryptic not to include the lost Gladiator pieces from Nemcon. :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2013

LOLNOPE.

It's not hard.
    Although I would say it's not entirely friendly to low levels, but then again you don't fail the alert if you fail a challenge.

There was testing done with AT's actually, and they performed decently.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not hard.
    Although I would say it's not entirely friendly to low levels, but then again you don't fail the alert if you fail a challenge.

Even with two level 40s and two vehicles, the damage we dealt in 1:30 minutes was barely visible on thier health bars.

Frickin' Sky Command was easier to win than this!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not hard.

When you say it's 'not hard', let me remind you:

I've seen competent groups go through this. None have passed since it came out.

My DPS build is QUITE competent, and my mods are top-notch and I'm rocking legion gear. I know what I'm doing.

I'm not dying. I'm running out of time. Mind you, we've had 3 of 5 people on the team using 2-gun mojo and laying down roughly about the same amount of damage. And yet we STILL failed, and none of us were dying.

Broken. Needs more time.

EDIT: Let me be fair, this is otherwise a pretty awesome alert.
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013

My DPS build is QUITE competent, and my mods are top-notch and I'm rocking legion gear. I know what I'm doing.

I'm not dying. I'm running out of time. Mind you, we've had 3 of 5 people on the team using 2-gun mojo and laying down roughly about the same amount of damage. And yet we STILL failed, and none of us were dying.

Broken. Needs more time.

Well...people have been complaining that the game was too easy for some time now...
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well...people have been complaining that the game was too easy for some time now...
    Usually it's the same people who are using those OP clown-builds.
  • Options
    polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sorry im ignoring you Cryptic because you ignored us.

Not playing this...not at all. Boycotting. Complete ignorance to the community again. What a piece of s##t that had yet again "potential" WASTED! ALL THAT EFFORT YOU JUST THREW INTO THE TRASH!

Why do you even ask us to come onto test server, why collect mountains of data of us ALL CRYING OUT FOR THE SAME THING, IF YOU DONT LISTEN TO JACK AND S##T

LOL. I like how instead of actually ignoring them you have to tell them you're ignoring them.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013

people were complaining because they wanted a challenge, not a CO version of spocks "No-win simulator lesson" where you'll always lose
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LOLNOPE.

Alas yeah thats the best any of the teams i've been in got to. We almost got 1 of them down in the time.

Heck one team failed as soon as it went to timed waves.. maybe all the rest were new to the game or something.. and Dr C has always been a glass hammer. We never stood a chance in that one.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am supposed to be working, but I am logging on to play this:redface:
  • Options
    ahordeofkittensahordeofkittens Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @SnakeWildlife has received a 3 day ban (again) because he was telling cryptic that they didnt listen to us.
  • Options
    vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it's as hard as people are saying it is, I look forward to giving this a shot. So much of the content that's been made for CO has been an absolute faceroll... just the prospect of something existing that might only be winnable by a small fraction of the playerbase, requiring a well tuned, organized team has me interested.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    people were complaining because they wanted a challenge, not a CO version of spocks "No-win simulator lesson" where you'll always lose

Over in STO, people actually beat the Kobayashi Maru Scenarion on a regular base. It works pretty similar to the Forum Malvanum alert too; a survival map with multiple (but not endless) waves of enemies. I'd like to make a comparison on the difficulty, but I never played it.

Anyone here who tried both?
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over in STO, people actually beat the Kobayashi Maru Scenarion on a regular base.

Cryptic nerfed the Kobayashi Maru!? Kirk and Spock are gonna be so ticked off when they hear this.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it was a lot of fun IMO. The team I was on got to the Ironclad/duratok and yeah it was a lot of HP's to eat away at. We did manage to take down Ironclad and had Duratok to abot 10-20% when it ended.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Even with two level 40s and two vehicles, the damage we dealt in 1:30 minutes was barely visible on thier health bars.

Frickin' Sky Command was easier to win than this!

I see your problem there, two vehicles.
  • Options
    duratokgorehowlduratokgorehowl Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It keeps glitches out at the PSI level, so I'm unable to fight myself :C
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's no secret that vehicles generally outperform all but the most godlike freeform builds. Their only weakness is their need to reload, which matters only in timed battles like this one.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LOLNOPE.

I suggested trying the alert using ATs and/or low level freeforms while on the PTS this past Tuesday. The overall response to that was "why bother?". I hear "some" degree of AT testing was done but the trend on the PTS is most testing revolves around 40s.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's no secret that vehicles generally outperform all but the most godlike freeform builds. Their only weakness is their need to reload, which matters only in timed battles like this one.

No, one power (because its bugged) outperforms FFs, and only if you clump up mobs.

Beyond that, vehicles do absolute bunk for damage and should never, ever be used for DPS races.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    No, one power (because its bugged) outperforms FFs, and only if you clump up mobs.

Beyond that, vehicles do absolute bunk for damage and should never, ever be used for DPS races.

Yeah...well, with bugs in this game...you might as well just consider them working as intended.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For Round 7, PSI is still bugged.

Once again a bug that was reported on the ptr makes it live, this time preventing players from advancing through the event.
  • Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Broken. Needs more time.

EDIT: Let me be fair, this is otherwise a pretty awesome alert.

DPS huh? My pet builds been itchin for somethin like this....my army is ready....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @SnakeWildlife has received a 3 day ban (again) because he was telling cryptic that they didnt listen to us.

He probably is breaking the rules again by talking about disciplinary actions on the forums as well as creating a new account to bypass a ban.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok when you get the psi ones you have to make sure none get near walls, we just had one run into the wall and we failed

the first time we lost, it was from kB letting them near the wall, the second time. the agent ran straight for the side wall.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He probably is breaking the rules again by talking about disciplinary actions on the forums as well as creating a new account to bypass a ban.

Someone still can't follow the forum usage guidelines, that much is for sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    ok when you get the psi ones you have to make sure none get near walls, we just had one run into the wall and we failed

It's not only PSI. Argent can run away as well. Not sure about VIPER.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use a vehicle with Gravity Pulse to keep them in pull lock. Helps with keeping them nicely clustered for AoEs too.

Funny how this inadvertently ends up being Vehicles Online yet again :p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Someone still can't follow the forum usage guidelines, that much is for sure.

Probably why he keeps getting banned. Weren't you quitting the game?
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I didn't swear, I didn't curse, I didn't use bad words, I just stated the truth about what was going on with the new alert... That looks like it's been made for a few players that can Pay-To-Win, and not for everybody...

Had 2 posts deleted, not edited, simply deleted, like I've not even posted anything, without notification, without even an email or nothing...

Probably, that's the new policy?? If you say what you think, your posts will be deleted?

(This one is probably going to be deleted too, so... whatever...) :frown:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maleb666 wrote: »
    Well, I didn't swear, I didn't curse, I didn't use bad words, I just stated the truth about what was going on with the new alert... That looks like it's been made for a few players that can Pay-To-Win, and not for everybody...

Had 2 posts deleted, not edited, simply deleted, like I've not even posted anything, without notification, without even an email or nothing...

Probably, that's the new policy?? If you say what you think, your posts will be deleted?

(This one is probably going to be deleted too, so... whatever...) :frown:

No one cares.