Install Arc
Options

Server crashed?

Comments

• Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

I've been told that their servers are located in Boston actually, not near their HQ in California.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I gather it's not fixed yet?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    I've been told that their servers are located in Boston actually, not near their HQ in California.

That aside I hope they are all ok o.o"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I gather it's not fixed yet?

I still can't log in to any Cryptic game. So unless I'm having extraordinarily bad luck, everything's still busted.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've isolated the hardware problem they had and are looking to replace said hardware as soon as possible.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, I suppose this is what they get for cramming three games on the same server.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fire is in the mountains north of LA. Cryptic's HQ is up around San Jose, several hundred miles to the north. I think they're okay. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I checked our dev tracker and then I checked the NW forums. After expectable results I made this post as a bit of a test. My expectations is that nothing will come of it but you all are welcome to join me in my little futility exercise. Also, Nepht is there orchestrating a war between STO and NW which is kind of amusing.

Hey, it's something to do and might cause someone at Cryptic(since TT is on vacation) to remember us....since Jack doesn't.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    might cause someone at Cryptic... to remember us....since Jack doesn't.

They see me trollin' / They hatin'

:biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do I have to post the interview, Smack? :rolleyes:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    ussharringtonussharrington Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found this post regarding the temporary outage.

Live updates are available on the CO facebook page.
    Originally Posted by dezstravus

# 1 5.2.13 - Temporary Outage
    Today, 08:03 PM

Thank you SO MUCH for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game while maintaining our current network of games and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Attention Champions Players:

As most of you are accustomed to our policy of consistent disappointment, we are only obligatorily informing you that the servers are down. However, since we haven't even supplied you with patch notes or fixed even the simplest minor issues with Champions Online, we won't be keeping you updated. Updates are for people, like the ones who play OUR NEW NEVERWINTER FREE TO PLAY BE A HERO TODAY GET A FOUNDER'S PACK ORC FARTS.

Since-

No, that's a lie.

Begrudgingly,

Cryptic.
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Attention Champions Players:

As most of you are accustomed to our policy of consistent disappointment, we are only obligatorily informing you that the servers are down. However, since we haven't even supplied you with patch notes or fixed even the simplest minor issues with Champions Online, we won't be keeping you updated. Updates are for people, like the ones who play OUR NEW NEVERWINTER FREE TO PLAY BE A HERO TODAY GET A FOUNDER'S PACK ORC FARTS.

Since-

No, that's a lie.

Begrudgingly,

Cryptic.

Hey, bro. I'll have you know that Orc Farts are a rare and treasured commodity around these parts...

Or something...

Ah well, at least this downtime keeps me away from the nonsense RP in Caprice.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do I have to post the interview, Smack? :rolleyes:

No no, the trolling is teasing us that they might pay attention. :biggrin:

You should know better :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    <bows> Point Smackwell.

Update: The NW forums are mucking up due to rage :eek:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It looks like it's their board getting hammered, because the thread is back.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well at least we have a proper explanation this time round...and you know..not

-Dr.Destroyer's De-Leveling Ray!

Or

-Dr.Destroyer's Disconnection Bomb!! :tongue:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Methinks it's about time for "Special Edition Action Figure: Dr. Newbton II."

Also, I just find the phrase, "Thank you SO MUCH for your patience during this outage," to be amusing since, well, what were the other options? You can't exactly say,"NO, I will not be patient! I want this up and running yesterday!"

...It's times like this when I miss TT. Hope he's enjoying his vacation.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013

-Dr.Destroyer's De-Leveling Ray!

Or

-Dr.Destroyer's Disconnection Bomb!! :tongue:

It's Mechanon, all p&$$ed off because it's only mentioned in Snake Gulch lore text when it should be running this town, not that two-bit despot Dr. Destroyer.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I really love Mentella's uniform. Have there been any good imports of tea?

Champions Offline
  • Options
    xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think they even remember that CO exists... In fact once they're done with the fixing they may just not turn our server back on so much they don't know we are here. They might even throw our server to the garbage thinking it's some useless, faulty junk hardware...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xen0bia wrote: »
    I don't think they even remember that CO exists... In fact once they're done with the fixing they may just not turn our server back on so much they don't know we are here. They might even throw our server to the garbage thinking it's some useless, faulty junk hardware...

Who knows, maybe they'll "accidentally" rewind the clock back to before to content removal.. maybe even before incapacitates..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    I really love Mentella's uniform. Have there been any good imports of tea?

Champions Offline

And! Yes there have!

MindSlayer delivered some Earl Grey from England a few days ago, its simply divine, we had a few cups together before she had to head back to Canada for the VIPER Psychic Soldier assignment..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xen0bia wrote: »

Unlikely, as their two "shinier" games are also on that server.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AND THEN SUDDENLY AS THE SERVERS CAME BACK UP,

THERE WAS NEW CONTENT, BALANCED POWERS, AURA

SLOTS, AND 1000 COMPENSATION ZEN FOR ALL!!!

......And then I woke up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, don't be so doomy, xen0bia. They'll at least accidently turn us back on. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Who knows, maybe they'll "accidentally" rewind the clock back to before to content removal.. maybe even before incapacitates..

lol

Oh and by the way, I've figured out why holds regenerate and regain hold strength xD, its pretty funny actually, you can potentially lock down someone indefinately, until they either rage quit or break their keyboard.

Turns out a certain "Dependancy" causes the hold to regain hold strength, if you were able to log into PTS, I'd show you, its pretty funny IMO :biggrin:
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile in Cryptic office.
    damn-midnight-server-crash-demotivational-poster-1233242410.jpg
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    AND THEN SUDDENLY AS THE SERVERS CAME BACK UP,

THERE WAS NEW CONTENT, BALANCED POWERS, AURA

SLOTS, AND 1000 COMPENSATION ZEN FOR ALL!!!

......And then I woke up :rolleyes:

quoted for truth...

although it'd be nice if we were at least given compensation for inconvenience maybe some free zen...or maybe just give everybody that helmet that was part of that sale over the weekend you know put it in their mailbox :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited May 2013

And! Yes there have!

MindSlayer delivered some Earl Grey from England a few days ago, its simply divine, we had a few cups together before she had to head back to Canada for the VIPER Psychic Soldier assignment..

Oddest thing,

There I was in an this alternate dimension and I received a distress signal from Menton.. apparently he's out of hot sleep? He said "Why don't my powers work". Of course I ignored it. But just in case there is some truth to it you should find an old friend of mine named Gentleman Crush. He will know more about the telepathic powers. My intel says he's in a dimension called Neverwinter.. that's all I have.

Strategize well.
    ~Kontrol

Champions Offline
  • Options
    xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But I paid 1000G for that helmet! And it only comes in "cloth"!!!!!!
    But the trilobite on top? that's kinda cute....

• Options
    edited May 2013
    no you paid the 1000 zen for the vehicle...the helmet was a bonus item :wink:
  • Options
    xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope. I bought it in the auction house. I'm not paying zpoints for a vehicle... unless they give us a Tank, with treads and animation of crunching underneath! An Abrams would be nice.... :P Then I can run over cars, and the Loos in westside, and pretend I'm a villain. :D

On a completely different note, your watercolour siggy makes me happy, its so Purdy!! :D

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Nepht wonders what kind of people put 3 mmos on the one server?...

The same company that had the brilliant idea of a chat ban system that is apparently so deeply connected to their games they can't alter and the same company who claims they can't leave content such as the Harbinger fight in because there isn't enough space.

This is also the same company constantly telling us they can't do something due to tech issues. As I have said before there is something very inefficient going with Cryptic and their servers.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If THIS is how Cryptic does control powers, what hope do Control Wizards have in NeverWinter?

Should we be worried it's more than meets the eye? Where all those vehicles they tried to sell us actually transformers invading thanks to Hasbro's Neverwinter involvement?

When they come back online will we finally have telepathy now and will the Crowd control powers be relavant once more?

To be honest though i really don't like what's going on here with how long this has been down. Has there been any official word yet on what's happening?
  • Options
    missmaeheymmissmaeheym Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, the gerbils running the servers revolted in the face of having to run with buggy wheels and rations that grew stale two years ago....

Oh wait, no that's just our content.
  • Options
    missmaeheymmissmaeheym Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And of course, as soon as I post that...

THE SERVERS ARE BACK!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xparibax wrote: »
    Nope. I bought it in the auction house. I'm not paying zpoints for a vehicle... unless they give us a Tank, with treads and animation of crunching underneath! An Abrams would be nice.... :P Then I can run over cars, and the Loos in westside, and pretend I'm a villain. :D

On a completely different note, your watercolour siggy makes me happy, its so Purdy!! :D

well that was your choice to spend that much G...I'm just looking for some fair compensation for cutting off an excellent raid of TT's lair that I was in the middle of when everything went to crap...we'd just made it into the New Shadows section....

thanks :biggrin: I found the pic through google...I have no clue who the artist is or I'd give them props...I went with it because it looked close to one of the costumes on The Buckeye in game :biggrin:
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    I would never post such nonsense.
    When I take a break from games I just take a break, as I have done many times over the last few months.

I am not so arrogant or self important to think I need to inform people of my intent to "quit" a game and say exactly why.

Can someone sticky this for the attention whores?
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone sticky this for the attention whores?

Considering who it is that you're quoting, this statement is hilariously ironic.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gold is gold.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    The same company that had the brilliant idea of a chat ban system that is apparently so deeply connected to their games they can't alter and the same company who claims they can't leave content such as the Harbinger fight in because there isn't enough space.

This is also the same company constantly telling us they can't do something due to tech issues. As I have said before there is something very inefficient going with Cryptic and their servers.

So we've firmly established that Cryptic is managed by nitwits. Excellent. What else is on the agenda?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AND WE'RE LIVE. Everybody in the pool. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And of course, as soon as I post that...

THE SERVERS ARE BACK!

Not on my end they are not... *watches the clock* Well I gotta hit the sack now anyways, *hopefully* they will back online tomorrow... Or not. Maybe this is all just a subterfuge to close down CO...

"Due to the recent server failure, all data related to Champions Online had to be flushed out to make room for our other more important game, Neverwinter Online. *insert* The Neverwinter Online Open Beta is live, and they need heroes to save the day over there so join now and get your limited Founder Pack today! */insert* As a result, we have come to the 'hard' decision of retiring Champions Online permantly. Have a nice day!"

Aight, have fun kids. 'Night!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up - but for some reason, my framerate was somewhere in the lower double digits, or possibly single digits. So I'll try again tomorrow, because it's getting late here.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Methinks it's about time for "Special Edition Action Figure: Dr. Newbton II."

If they decide to give us an action figure, it would probably be a generic Trickster Rogue from NW.

Gotta market the new guy dontcha' know!

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    brokenrivalrybrokenrivalry Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they decide to give us an action figure, it would probably be a generic Trickster Rogue from NW.

Gotta market the new guy dontcha' know!

The new guy is killing the old guy. You don't market murderers ;-;

In-Game Handle: @Narfball ...Who wants to talk to me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I'm saying is, I'm glad I unsubbed from this game day before this went down. I had exactly one night to actually sit down and game, out of a big string of work, for more than like an hour or 2. That day was yesterday, at night.

The sad part is I *expected* this. Not neverwinter going down, champions dying as a result. Seems like exactly the kind of epic screw-up cryptic has a track record for, when they start to build buzz for a game. The steam push of CO? Caused a kitchen sink 2 patch and a dead chat server for a week. Drove off all of those new players. STO going free to play? Broke us and crashed our servers repeatedly, while theirs were pretty much a mess. Note: I was on both games. We got it worse. Neverwinter going down? Took us out too.

What really makes this vexing is, the downtime yesterday coulda turned into "let's see what else they make" and maybe some new CO players.

Who the **** links 2 top tier free to play mmos and one... Whatever the hell we are, up as one networked system that can die all at once? That's such a freaking stupid idea.

Even as optimistic as I usually am, I'm calling it. I'm not subbing for this game anymore, until they get some of this **** sorted. This isn't an "I quit" kinda deal, it's become a "if you can't even keep my game running when another game you run breaks, which will probably be a lot because popular and beta, why the hell should I waste my hard earned money on it?" type of situation.

I was fine with the bugs, if getting pretty fed up about it. Now, I can't even be sure the game will be playable on my few days off.

No thanks.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well.. another bad business decision put in plain view. Another player has had enough

200px-Spock_vulcan-salute.png
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well.. another bad business decision put in plain view. Another player has had enough

200px-Spock_vulcan-salute.png

So #RedundancyNow?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.