test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server dead again??

gradiigradii Posts: 11,717 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
Server dead again?? I just got DC'd and its not letting me back in.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, same here.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems so. Guess Cryptic didnt pay the electric bill.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • tinmanx68xxtinmanx68xx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, me too
  • typhonustyphonus Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright, so not just me then.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit. I'd say we're probably lucky if they turn it back on.
  • captainsaxcaptainsax Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can;t even bring up the launcher... I've been getting alot of brief DC moments since Neverwinter launched, this had better not be them squandering our game's servers for NW's sake...
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup. invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.invisible text.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding my voice here as well, i got booted, not even the patcher works..
    witchcraft.jpg

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW just wow Cryptic I thought you guys learned not to have all three games linked after the FTP STO launch mess last year :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since neverwinter has the same issue, it will probably be resolved asap.
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit. I'd say we're probably lucky if they turn it back on.

I blame Neverwinter! DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER! DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER! DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER!DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER!DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER!DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER!DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER!DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER!DOWN WITH NEVERWINTER!
  • greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Right in the middle of roleplay...
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of cryptic servers are down. I cant get into NW or STO either. Well looks like my night is free.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • superrubsuperrub Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE... blast you...
  • saleen5saleen5 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been DCing a lot lately too. I have to close the game now to get it to work but this time I can't even do that. Launcher fail every time.
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trying to Update the Launcher...please be patient.....

please be

patient......

PATIENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
    edited May 2013
    5 bucks says they get STO and NWO up before CO.
  • fenrichwulffenrichwulf Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is times like this I feel like strangling the f*cking cryptic studio staff until their fix their ****! I mean come on! I just got a friend to join this game and this is most certainly not the best first impression of it! For crying out loud Cryptic Studios! I am sure you have the resources to fix all these issues and make these games launch on another friggin' server or whatever it is you use for it!

I am not happy with this as you probably can tell.. For crying out loud Cryptic Studio.. Why do you keep messing things up like this?
    edited May 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    I blame undermanned staff! DOWN WITH PWE!...

That's more like it!

But no, seriously- to hell with Neverwinter.
  • gaibryaelgaibryael Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, same issue here...WTF? right before the CC....grrrr...
    edited May 2013
    Am I wrong to think that this is a PWE issue?...
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, not that I log into the game that much anymore but I decided to check in on my characters just now only to be disconnected without being able to load back in...

Practice for the final big shutdown hmm?
    edited May 2013
    Well, Neverwinter's forums aren't even accessible.

So...
    edited May 2013
    Don't say that...
    edited May 2013
    yeah, Not That I Log Into The Game That Much Anymore But I Decided To Check In On My Characters Just Now Only To Be Disconnected Without Being Able To Load Back In...

Practice For The Final Big Shutdown Hmm?

Doooom!!!!
    edited May 2013
    That's more like it!

But no, seriously- to hell with Neverwinter.

I meant what I actually said.
  • racerexiaracerexia Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, 20 minutes and nothing, STO and Neverwinter are unavailable for me as well.
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    Doooom!!!!

Yeah, maybe I'll go play that instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsfjHCFosw
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That light that goes out in the horizon...

Is it Cryptic servers...

or just a firefly?

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
    edited May 2013
    laughinxan wrote: »
    What bothers me the most is that things like this ultimately make me wish city of heroes was still running...so I could go back to that game. I've never had server crashes cause so many problems like this game. The whole Server? Your trying to sell a product cryptic and when it's offline your losing customers for crying out loud. You had a huge potential with the CoH player base and things like this make at least some of them not wanna put up with this game.

...truely... maybe there is no one there, in any position of power or authority, that really cares...? Especially if they already have your money...
  • sparklemuffinsparklemuffin Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    superrub wrote: »
    ...truely... maybe there is no one there, in any position of power or authority, that really cares...? Especially if they already have your money...

Or, you know, they're working on it as quickly as they can and you're just going to have to be patient and find something else to occupy your attention until it's back up? They're not a flawless product. Every single game will have its share of problems at different times, and you can either deal or find another game. Whining that nobody cares, that you're disappointed in them, that they're losing customers, etc, is not actually making them fix it faster.
    edited May 2013
    Among many others. I'd like to get back to my roleplay as well, but it grates my nerves far more to see people comparing one game to another just because they're having some standard server issues than it does to actually have the server go down. Champions already cashed in pretty big on CoH's old clientele. Sadly, most of them are too busy whining about how much better their old game was to actually appreciate what they have.
  • greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My roleplay was interrupted too, but sparklemuffin makes a good point. Unless you work for Cryptic on the server admin side of things -- and if you do, get off the forums and fix it! -- no amount of righteous indignation will change anything. These things happen.
    edited May 2013
    Oh I agree and I'm sure they are working on it. I'm just annoyed as heck as the roleplaying in question, I had planned this day for that. :S

Agreed. I'm sure they know there is an issue and are working to repair the problem. Have any updates been posted yet by devs or admins etc? At last glance, the server status was "UP!".

Sparkle, I'm still upset about my crafting components... so, don't read too much into it. XD
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not so fast, guys. Maybe it's not CO's problem. Congentco is down again, which is the direct line to the server. I've had problems where CO and STO was fine but cogentco blocked access to the server
    edited May 2013
    Oh I agree and I'm sure they are working on it. I'm just annoyed as heck as the roleplaying in question, I had planned this day for that. :S
    It's hard to appreciate a game thats missing alot of stuff though. But lets not derail the topic. I know you guys don't like constructive criticism.

There is a large difference between "It'd be neat if we have [blank]" and "X Game was soo much better, Y Game doesn't have this, this, and this, so I don't like it... but will still play it.".

Take what you have and appreciate it, or leave it alone. Taking what you can get and whining about it not being the same is just plain silly. It's like saying you don't like store-brand cereal because it's not the same as name-brand while still stuffing that store-brand stuff into your facehole.
  • diablerietandinodiablerietandino Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What bothers me the most is that things like this ultimately make me wish city of heroes was still running...so I could go back to that game. I've never had server crashes cause so many problems like this game. The whole Server? Your trying to sell a product cryptic and when it's offline your losing customers for crying out loud. You had a huge potential with the CoH player base and things like this make at least some of them not wanna put up with this game.

Because their entire business model revolves around inconveniencing you and pissing you off huh? Stuff happens with mmos. If you think CoX never had issues when it was running, you might be a bit delusional, disconnects and map server problems happened regularly, it comes with the mmo territory. Pretty sure they have people working to get things back in order, have a little patience.
    edited May 2013
    Ummm...yeah, trust me, CoX had a TON of server crashes. Hell, are you forgetting the random crash streak that happened for three WEEKS after the release of Going Rogue? Not to mention, all the lag when there was a CC in Pocket D, or Atlas Park.
    edited May 2013
    I came because believe it or not I like the game, but I'd like to see it improved. See everytime I do the former of the two things you mention, you guys complain at us. When I do the later, you guys get mad at us to. It just seems to me you guys are very content to have everything half done with a server crashing all the time when the only way a game can improve is if the player base demands things of the devs.

We have been demanding things for over a year. THat is well documented. It is clear, as they (cryptic) have said, things will not be changing anytime soon.
    edited May 2013
    I came because believe it or not I like the game, but I'd like to see it improved. See everytime I do the former of the two things you mention, you guys complain at us. When I do the later, you guys get mad at us to. It just seems to me you guys are very content to have everything half done with a server crashing all the time when the only way a game can improve is if the player base demands things of the devs.

Don't generalize 'you guys', I don't get complain at the CoX refugees. I tell them to quit their whining when they can't offer some constructive ideas -- without comparing Champions Online to City of Heroes --. The servers are going to crash. CoH had crashes too. Plenty of them. Don't pretend they didn't. To bring up an old, different game as a comparison just because the server crashed is ridiculous.

And no, you don't demand things of devs. You suggest things. Maybe they don't want to be exactly the same as CoX and don't implement the things you suggest. They can do that. Get over it and play, or go away.
    edited May 2013
    *shrugs* Server issues happen...on -EVERY- MMO, if someone thinks there's a game that doesn't have them, their delusional, or outright an idjit. CoX had some good stuff, honestly, only thing I miss from that game? My friends. Some of them made it to CO, alot did not. But, CO has alot of what we had, some stuff we didn't, and, is missing a few things that, in all reality, aren't that essential. Maybe it's time the players got a wake up call, and told to quit asking for the impossible. EVERY server crashes, at some point....or another.
    edited May 2013
    How about you stop trying to argue with me hmm and stop being a total jerk? I'm tempted to throw you onto the ignore. Your lack of patience leaves me appalled, it's like you just exploded on me for bringing up "an old game".

As for cryptic saying they will not anytime soon, if you guys just give up then of course you won't get anything anytime soon.

I find the hypocrisy of you citing my lack of patience, when you were saying you wanted CoH back because the servers went down, to be absolutely amusing.
    edited May 2013
    Boys, you're both pretty... Now, anyone have any luck with the server?
    edited May 2013
    How do we contact this "Technical Support"?
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To put my own two cents worth into this new Co VS CoX debate that has come up...

I've been a member of City of Heroes for over five years before it was shut down. I was also a part of the beta for Champions Online when it started, and have been a gold since that day on. I'm not one of those people who has a Pepsi Vs Coke mentality regarding the two games, so the argument of CoX had this and CO blah blah is silly.

Having said this, it's clear CO does need some Dev love . I've said it enough times as Moon Cat in Zonechat for people to know. I am wondering, once Neverwinter is launched and STO: LoR is deployed, will there be a redirection in focus back to CO that does not involve yet another lockbox campaign? I mean a Foundry. I mean new content in both Adventure Packs and lore. I mean new zones. I mean better server load balancing for the performance of the game.

If you people want to get yourselves worked up over something, this is the line of thinking you should pursue.
    edited May 2013
    gaibryael wrote: »
    Boys, you're both pretty... Now, anyone have any luck with the server?

;_; I don't want to be a boy.

And no, not me. I've been opening it, letting it run until I get that error box, closing it and trying again. This shall continue until it comes back up, or I go to sleep.
    edited May 2013
    superrub wrote: »
    How do we contact this "Technical Support"?

I'm sure you could find a number, but no need. They're aware of the issue, as stated on their facebook page, and they're working on it. Just gotta wait it out.
    edited May 2013
    *applauds Moggie/Moon Cat*
    edited May 2013
    To put my own two cents worth into this new Co VS CoX debate that has come up...

I've been a member of City of Heroes for over five years before it was shut down. I was also a part of the beta for Champions Online when it started, and have been a gold since that day on. I'm not one of those people who has a Pepsi Vs Coke mentality regarding the two games, so the argument of CoX had this and CO blah blah is silly.

Having said this, it's clear CO does need some Dev love . I've said it enough times as Moon Cat in Zonechat for people to know. I am wondering, once Neverwinter is launched and STO: LoR is deployed, will there be a redirection in focus back to CO that does not involve yet another lockbox campaign? I mean a Foundry. I mean new content in both Adventure Packs and lore. I mean new zones. I mean better server load balancing for the performance of the game.

If you people want to get yourselves worked up over something, this is the line of thinking you should pursue.

Changes would be nice. I personally would like to see some bug fixes, more adventure packs and lore definitely, maybe even more details for RPers. Those things, I'm willing to ask for. It's the constant stating that "CoH had this, so CO should too", in that form or worse, that grates at my nerves. This game is not a clone of that one. It shouldn't be. The constant, unending comparisons get old extremely fast.
    edited May 2013
    Awww, you know it was figurative, Sparkle. Nothin' but love for you hon. But, you two were getting outta hand.