test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People creating evil Champions

jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
Don't get me wrong, it is fine creating a evil looking champion to be the hero, i just see more evil looking champs then heroic looking types..maybe they were villains now redeemed? i don't know...

It just means cryptic needs to add a villain side to the story so we can actually be the villain and our nemesis could be a hero to try and stop us, until they give up or die so we can create a new hero lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whenever I create an evil looking character or just a plain villain, I just use my imagination while doing missions and "heroic" things and it works :biggrin:

Let's say I beat up Viper and other villain groups because they are a threat to me, they are my rivals. I work with other heroes because they pay me (I collect the reward when the job is done :tongue:) I go beat up Gravitar because MILLENIUM CITY IS MINE!! Haha.

That's how I roll on "villain side".

Also they would have to rework all the quests and missions to get a working villain side in CO and that's a lot of work and they are not gonna do that, ever. So, I'd just recommend using your imagination. :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But saying someone looks evil isnt a very heroic thing to say , And sometimes the most evil of people look the most normal.

Just because someone has a flaming skull for a head doesnt mean they arnt heroic.

Ghost_Rider.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sometimes, you ARE evil, but circumstances dictate that you be a hero regardless.

devil.jpg
    Meh evil looking characters are overrated...

Part of it is that Cryptic still hasn't given us the ability to change tinting as well as hue in colors of powers (and yes the engine does support it, such as having a black & transparent AoPM aura, it's just that nobody else will see it because it's client-side only).

And also that Cryptic made two wonderful darkness devices, [Dark Aura] and [Dark Speed], but has yet to follow through on their plans to make an aura slot or more types of auras. Give people more cool options (such as a white-colored holy aura) and I'll be you'll see more designs out there.

I'd say the bigger challenge in this game is to make an original character. :smile:

PS: That's hilarious Flamingbunnyman! :tongue:
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A nice feature would be adding the Villain side of CO but then taking it a step further by linking that villain to a hero and having Nemesis missions that change depending on the outcome, perhaps in both story and rewards. Any tech added to allow this would be awesome by two main things: A) Nemesis Customization would be on par with heroes both in look and powers(yay freeforms) and B) Adding tech that can allow links between characters would also give way into Custom Summon Hero devices that let you call in an alt or even a random Friend/Super Group Member to help you for a few minutes.

Most importantly it would give CO a nice and distinctive advantage to DCUO which already has a fully implemented villain side as well as bring in the COH/COV factor.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If they ever add a villain side, the lesson learned from CoV... do not separate the player base... let heroes and villains share the same maps, just give them different contacts/mission objectives

But that is just too much work and as we all know... they don't want to work on this game and certainly don't give a damn about what the players actually want...
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But that is just too much work and as we all know... they don't want to work on this game and certainly don't give a damn about what the players actually want...

Wow, that is actually true, they just bring in events that wont last long and also stupid lockbox and keys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's fun to play evil-looking heroes. I made an utterly grimdark character by bullet points:
    • Dark Aura
    • Dark Speed
    • Black and Red costume
    • Ninja
    • Undeadish
    • Has a demonic dog as a companion

Second to Real Soviet Damage, he's the most fun I've ever had with a character.
  • jayleia1jayleia1 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If they ever add a villain side, the lesson learned from CoV... do not separate the player base... let heroes and villains share the same maps, just give them different contacts/mission objectives

Yes they do. They know what we REALLY want is...LOCKBOXES AND MORE LOCKBOXES...maybe even Lockseption Lockboxes.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People will create Eevil characters no matter what. 2 other supesmmo's had/have evil/good sides and still people create eevilbastiches in the good side. And how do you define what looks evil and what good?
    It's in the nature of humankind: dark is cool. And good is dumb.

Finn, the evildarknihilisticdemonbloodkillerelitemasterblackbeyond signing out.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sometimes, you ARE evil, but circumstances dictate that you be a hero regardless.

devil.jpg

LOL!

You cheeky devil!

I love pun based toons!

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2013

devil.jpg

This is...

1335982824883.jpg

If they DO make an evil sided champions game, I shall roll with the most sweet, goodie-two-shoes, angelic, and overall gay with sprinkles and sparkles character that I can come out with. With rainbowflight, of course...

tumblr_lo1x96w8EM1qgkky5o1_500.jpg

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How does one look evil? ... I always thought evil had to do with your actions, rather than what you look like.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    alg-justin-bieber-jpg.jpg
    biffsig.jpg
  • straja100straja100 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It would be best if cryptic made a patch where we could chose in centre of millenium city what do we want to be. Right side for heroes and left side for villans. Doctor D. should be in centre of millenium to recrute heroes to become villans and than teleport them back to Multifaria where they could lvlup beating up rebels from resistance adventure pack. And when villans lvlup they could go to the real millenium city to do evil quests for Doctor D. As do heroes. After all there could be raids on heroes like Defender and special adventure packs for villans
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In a Perfect World.. er, rather, an IDEAL world...

There'd be a Multifarian Mirror-World as an optional starting area.

I'd rather not do the whole 'split morality' thing. Some of us don't like being exclusively 'hero' but wouldn't dare cross the line and become a 'villain'.

Truth be told, I've done some thinking on this and I have a hypothesis on why there are so many 'evil' characters.

1- There are too many 'evil' pieces in the tailor. By this, I mean that there are a ton of horns, spikes, blades, claw-fingers, monster parts, etc. The hilarity of this is that these pieces would be AWESOME in a fantasy MMORPG, but for a superhero game they're a bit excessive in the sheer number. Note, I'm not saying 'get rid of them'... I'm saying that the tailor needs more balance.

2- Juveniles. A lot of 'evil' characters I meet RPing aren't 'evil', they're just kids and not-so-creative people who want what I call the demonic 'blank check to be a badass'. Rolling a demon-vampire-werewolf-monster-chaos-lord- sorcerer-from-hell is a way for someone to be a badass without actually having a real reason to be a badass. It's like buying a sports car versus making a hot rod- sure, it might be more economical and time-saving, but in the end the one that's 'earned' the right to be a badass is the one that gets respect. Also, a lot of these 'evil' characters have it explicitly stated in their bio that they can't die or be harmed, basically- they're kids who seek out conflict and drama and don't know how to manage it.

3- It's the crap people watch. It's just my opinion, and I don't really mind if you disagree... but I think anime is 99% trash. And sadly, spattered all over this trash is the 'evil monster protagonist demon whatever' and that is one of the major inspirations. Even in video games, the heroes in Japanese games look like demons, and the same can be said for fantasy MMO top-tier armor. And hey, I'm sorry- but to me Manga is not comic books.

So yeah, there's my theory.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I miss being able to do evil deeds. Started off early on with Soul Mesmerism. Glossalia confused Tailor in Canada killing off players. (Yes, I know, bad person!) Then, recently, getting confused myself and killing mission givers and that monster called The Drifter. Did the character look evil? No. They just performed evil deeds.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well... It all depends on what you consider evil. I do more annoying than actual evildoing.
    edited April 2013
    straja100 wrote: »
    it Would Be Best If Cryptic Made A Patch Where We Could Chose In Centre Of Millenium City What Do We Want To Be. Right Side For Heroes And Left Side For Villans. Doctor D. Should Be In Centre Of Millenium To Recrute Heroes To Become Villans And Than Teleport Them Back To Multifaria Where They Could Lvlup Beating Up Rebels From Resistance Adventure Pack. And When Villans Lvlup They Could Go To The Real Millenium City To Do Evil Quests For Doctor D. As Do Heroes. After All There Could Be Raids On Heroes Like Defender And Special Adventure Packs For Villans

No Need To Shout ! :o
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's just a lot more noticeable difference between the dark and gritty costume pieces. All the good ones have jackets and different patterned tights.

And we have "lockception" in the form of the Drifter store.

Though I wonder if light characters will be encouraged to make with the aura system.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's just a lot more noticeable difference between the dark and gritty costume pieces. All the good ones have jackets and different patterned tights.

And we have "lockception" in the form of the Drifter store.

Though I wonder if light characters will be encouraged to make with the aura system.

I'd actually like to do something like that. Auras would definitely make a nice angelic character look a lot more epic or, dare I say, positively glowing.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Posts: 1,748 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have several characters who are former villains. One of them was even a nemesis for to one of my other characters for a while.
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *points to signature*

Screw morality, be a mercenary.
  • evillegacy1evillegacy1 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One of my main is evil depending on definition. She looks like a hero defeating villains but she does it not to make the world a safer place but to collect their corrupt soul to add to hers. More powerful and more evil the opponent more power she gain. Pure souls makes her bloated and queezy. Not good for her to consume.
    edited April 2013
    One of my main is evil depending on definition. She looks like a hero defeating villains but she does it not to make the world a safer place but to collect their corrupt soul to add to hers. More powerful and more evil the opponent more power she gain. Pure souls makes her bloated and queezy. Not good for her to consume.

Appearance wise she looks like the stereotypical angel.
    edited April 2013
    Some people are evil get over it.

tumblr_ln7q6co0V31qknht2o1_500.jpg
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing wrong with wanting to intimidate evil a little.

It works for Batman.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »

tumblr_ln7q6co0V31qknht2o1_500.jpg

I like that picture.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have three villain chars:
    BlitzHopper, a brainwashed and emo ex-heroine.
    Geistesblitz, who is a bit like Magneto.
    And Velvet, a half-demonic life energy sucker.

The twist: They all are a lot nicer than some of my antiheroes! :tongue:
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so what do my two count as

Christmas Rose- and angel with scourge powers[and a safety line] (I got soooo sick of seeing all the skull headed scourges)

her nemesis (and later a character) Angelica-the Rising demon- a demon with radiant powers.

Rose looks good and is bad, Angelica is good but looks bad. ok she did do something bad,accidently. she dumped Rose on the list for soul pickups at Millenium City
    "it can't be that busy. All those heros are there."
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2013

devil.jpg

This is one hundred times more original and better than like... Ninety percent of all those overly dark and edgy demonic toons.

Truth be told, every time when I see all those spiky black crimson skull chain fear-me-because-I'm-soo-terrific (sorry, but you aren't, the only thing to fear in your costume is more likely your color blindness, but each to their own, have fun) I'm simply laughing.

Because they are supposed to be heroes, reading their bio... But I have RPed hardcore villain who looks more heroic than they are - and he was specially costumed to look crude and brutal.

Surely they were supposed to be scary and edgy, but in truth they are all the same, and barely interesting. Grimdark fallen angels and demons with the same backgrounds, one less original than another. At this moment and in this number they are no more interesting than sleeping pills. It's hard to even bother with checking their grimdark bios, really.

One of my toons used to make in-character jokes how some of the dark heroes are costumed more like a "police signals batched in black paint and wrapped in barbed wire". :biggrin:
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah yes, these good old soul-eating, God-killing shadow ninja demon lords of death from hell.

edited April 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Ah yes, these good old soul-eating, God-killing shadow ninja demon lords of death from hell.

Who are here to save the city in the name of justice and ponies.

edited April 2013
    shortly after my previous post, guess which demon I was in an alert with.:biggrin:

and how do I get a picture of my character sheet. My screen shots only give me the picture not the bags/powers/character sheet
    please mail it to mebecasue i won't remember which thread this is on.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    /screenshot_ui
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2013
    What flyingfinn said.

Also

/screenshot_ui saves image in .tga files

while

/screenshot_ui_jpg saves images in .jpg files.

if you want image saved in high resolution with UI more clean you can also type command

/renderscale 2

before taking screenshot with said commands.

It will be also a massive hit to your framerate so after taking screenshot disable this high resolution by typing command

/renderscale 1
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

So someone who is a massive Goth a pony AND has superpowers?

twilight_sparkle.jpeg
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    So someone who is a massive Goth a pony AND has superpowers?

twilight_sparkle.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIY41LrvMFQ

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited April 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    /screenshot_ui

Or, run in windowed mode, press PrintScreen to copy the screen to the clipboard, paste into MSPaint, and crop as appropriate. That's what I do.
    thank youy. I now have one character description with picture saved.

only about another 65 to go.

and I saved the instructions on word

• dragonescodragonesco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Friend I think character creation is free and each has the right to choose how it will look like, look at my character for example, you think it looks hero or villain?imagemuynk.jpg
    edited April 2013
    If you have to put censor bars on pictures of your character...

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you have to put censor bars on pictures of your character...

That's what I was thinking. Granted, to get your hero to look that way, you had to choose tights, and therefore the hero doesn't have nipples or genitalia to show, anyway.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited April 2013
    it looks like a TOS violation due to lack of clothing

?When creating costume combinations, you may not create the illusion or appearance that you are indecent, obscene, or nude.

Return to top

Policy Violations

If characters are found in violation of this policy it may lead to disciplinary actions against the offending account. This could include suspension from the game or possibly account termination. Any character name or name/costume combinations which are against Cryptic?s Policy will be changed by Cryptic Support Staff.

• rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One of my toons used to make in-character jokes how some of the dark heroes are costumed more like a "police signals batched in black paint and wrapped in barbed wire". :biggrin:

Very fitting description! XD

shiny_new_hero_by_flamedramonx20-d55f0wc.png

ROFL
    edited April 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    it looks like a TOS violation due to lack of clothing
    I'm guessing it won't look like much of anything when Smackwell wakes up. I doubt he cando anything to the character in-game, but that post will be gone.
    Very fitting description! XD

shiny_new_hero_by_flamedramonx20-d55f0wc.png

ROFL

I hate you and your ponies sometimes... Some things just don't go very well with ponies. I dare you to find a ponified Shin Kamen Rider that you didn't commission yourself.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We used to beat boys up for playing with girl toys.
    edited April 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    I hate you and your ponies sometimes... Some things just don't go very well with ponies. I dare you to find a ponified Shin Kamen Rider that you didn't commission yourself.

Ever heard of Google?

my_little_kamen_rider_w_pony_by_lemguin-d3c8jnr.jpg

tumblr_lzagkkCUOg1r3awsto1_500.png

kamen_rider_kuuga_ponified_by_valornomad-d5enlfl.jpg

Fear the power of fandoms.