test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

And just got chat banned by some @!#!

somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
Whoo! Now I get to join the crowd!

TRAILTURTLE! I WANT THIS REMOVED RIGHT THIS ****ING GOD DAMNED INSTANT!
Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
Razira's Primus Database Page
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    somebob wrote: »

I dont think TT has that power. I put a ticket in to both Perfect World and the in game Champs ticket system and my last ban got reversed. But that was with 12 hours after the fact so I think it depends if the CS guy is awake or not :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    BAM!!! CALIGA SEAL OF APPROVAL!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB MAN! :biggrin:

caligastamp.png
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think one person can lay down a chat ban.

Also, Caliga is kinda small in-game. He's about the same size as an average citizen.
    I was expecting something more. . . mighty.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Also, Caliga is kinda small in-game. He's about the same size as an average citizen.

Yeah. Actually one person, by doing something repetitive, can trip a chatban.

This is why the system is considered totally broken by everyone not drawing a paycheck from Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *hugs and points to links below for every bit of substantive info on chat-bans*
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You DESERVED IT!

No, seriously... those FOOLISH INTERLOPERS! >_< They have interfered with your plans to chat and for that, they must PAY ($5 per month).
  • Options
    tiedyedninjatiedyedninja Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Acting like someone who deserved a chat ban will not get you unbanned.
  • Options
    deviousideviousi Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013

This.

Why can't everyone follow Caliga's example?
  • Options
    sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Neither will acting respectfully, from what I've seen.

I guess you people who suffer exploits should just keep yer mouths shut!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Bob is one of the most mild-mannered people I know in-game. He's gone lengths to avoid a chat ban (not ever using zone chat), and not even as a reactive measure. To get chat banned even after trying so hard not to... I can understand the anger there.

No one is safe from it, and that sucks.

I've had my fair share of chat bans, and I won't lie, they were probably all deserved. But I don't think for one minute Bob deserved what he got.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bob is one of the most mild-mannered people I know in-game. He's gone lengths to avoid a chat ban (not ever using zone chat), and not even as a reactive measure. To get chat banned even after trying so hard not to... I can understand the anger there.

I've had my fair share of chat bans, and I won't lie, they were probably all deserved. But I don't think for one minute Bob deserved what he got.

Even though I don't know most of you, zone chat I have completely off just to avoid these chat bans on how frequent they are and how easily it is to get them. (because really, if you read what is talked in zone chat you can't help it but join in :P) In all my CO career I have been chat banned once because I 'refused to die' in a RP fight from a group of players that randomly started to RP attack me in Caprice. After an hour of not going anywhere I just gave up and let them stab my character to death, waited for them to leave, and continued with the RP they interrupted that was with a friend of mine. Not like they will care if I was dead or not next time they see me. Is it god modding? Yes, but only time I will god mod is if the other player(s) are god modding as well since it ruins the flow of the RP.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Clearly he's not trying hard enough! To really avoid chat bans, you have to have everything white listed, never queue for any alerts, only ever talk to people you know through whispers, and when you're out leveling ( alone of course ) if you see another player you have to hide immediately!

Best way to go about it is, first of all when you make your character hightail it out of rencen! That place is ground zero for chat bans! Find yourself a deserted corner of westside, preferably an area surrounded by a lot of geometry, and just grind the same group of npcs until you're high enough level to get to the desert. Then go to the desert and stick to the outer edges; avoid doing missions, because other players might be doing those! Just find isolated groups of npcs to farm for xp, then repeat as needed in canada and monster island until...

You reach your sanctuary. Lemuria. Completely abandoned. You can even do missions there relatively safely. Just keep a watchful eye, because you never know when that random straggler will show up; again, try to stick to places with a lot of geometry like reefs and weeds and caves if you can, being out in the open water leaves you vulnerable.

If you ever see another player in the distance, the best thing to do is get in a hidey hole and log out as fast as you can. Then, every few minutes log back in and take a peek around to make sure they're gone.

If you do all of these things, you have at least a 50% chance of not getting chat banned.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Clearly he's not trying hard enough! To really avoid chat bans, you have to have everything white listed, never queue for any alerts, only ever talk to people you know through whispers, and when you're out leveling ( alone of course ) if you see another player you have to hide immediately!

Best way to go about it is, first of all when you make your character hightail it out of rencen! That place is ground zero for chat bans! Find yourself a deserted corner of westside, preferably an area surrounded by a lot of geometry, and just grind the same group of npcs until you're high enough level to get to the desert. Then go to the desert and stick to the outer edges; avoid doing missions, because other players might be doing those! Just find isolated groups of npcs to farm for xp, then repeat as needed in canada and monster island until...

You reach your sanctuary. Lemuria. Completely abandoned. You can even do missions there relatively safely. Just keep a watchful eye, because you never know when that random straggler will show up; again, try to stick to places with a lot of geometry like reefs and weeds and caves if you can, being out in the open water leaves you vulnerable.

If you ever see another player in the distance, the best thing to do is get in a hidey hole and log out as fast as you can. Then, every few minutes log back in and take a peek around to make sure they're gone.

If you do all of these things, you have at least a 50% chance of not getting chat banned.

The scary part? You're completely right.

The only way to completely avoid any kind of chat ban is to absolutely not interact or see ANY other people. EVER.

Oh, what's that you say? This is a MMO? Apparently it doesn't matter. And keep in mind that the Cryptic series of games keeps a running tally of /ignores and /report_spammers. Once you hit that 'magic number', you're banned. And said number never resets until your ban.

THAT SAID - after sending a note to a GM, I got my chatting powers reinstated before the ban expired.

ALSO THAT SAID: "Please be aware that this is a one-time good faith gesture and if you receive a silence in the future, you will need to wait for it to expire."

I mean, seriously?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [...]
    ALSO THAT SAID: "Please be aware that this is a one-time good faith gesture and if you receive a silence in the future, you will need to wait for it to expire."

I mean, seriously?

Yeah, the one time I spent money on this game was a good faith gesture. If they want anymore money in the future, they'll need to wait for my disappointment to expire.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013

THAT SAID - after sending a note to a GM, I got my chatting powers reinstated before the ban expired.

I mean, seriously?

I hope people read this and learn something from it. GMs actually exist despite what zone chat says
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Yeah, the one time I spent money on this game was a good faith gesture. If they want anymore money in the future, they'll need to wait for my disappointment to expire.

*SNRK*

I fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. Gods, smoochie. That....is top notch snark. I doff my hat to thee. Truely, the farce is strong in you.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Getting banned has to do with how he acted, not how you think he acted. Shut up before you say something worse. He may get banned from chat, but the people responsible will get their accounts banned from use.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lucy, please.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ninja, please.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Argghhhh GOD!!! I HATE THIS!!! For christ sake, I am 6.5 in armor!!! It's not my fault that every player wants to have a maxed out height slider with maxed out legs and be 9 foot giants walking everywhere.

Superman wasn't even 7 feet for christ sake. I just think too many people are compensating to try and look awesome in size, when in fact, I look awesome just being 6.5 :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Foolish mortals!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Only takes one determined player to outperform a wretched hive of scum and villainy, in PvE or PvP. It takes 1 sore loser to silence such a player for being able to talk after the 24 hours is up.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only takes one determined player to outperform a wretched hive of scum and villainy, in PvE or PvP. It takes 1 sore loser to silence such a player for being able to talk after the 24 hours is up.

Well I can safely say that there are two things that determine your constant silences:

1) Provocation.
    2) Elitism.

As proven here.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, and when someone asks what your gender is, Lucy- and you call them a 'pervert', I can imagine how much drama you start in PvP.

Personally, I'm not even sure how you can still post on the forums. You're quite the problem.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Argghhhh GOD!!! I HATE THIS!!! For christ sake, I am 6.5 in armor!!! It's not my fault that every player wants to have a maxed out height slider with maxed out legs and be 9 foot giants walking everywhere.

Superman wasn't even 7 feet for christ sake. I just think too many people are compensating to try and look awesome in size, when in fact, I look awesome just being 6.5 :biggrin:

Guess I'm just more super than Superman.

I like being tall. I'm tall in real life. So I wanna be taller here. Sue me!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    merloidermerloider Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Last I checked, the costume artist in the high heels is a good six feet tall.. on par with the Powerhouse employees, I believe.. and I think Defender is around seven.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    LOL Jenny posts one link of "proof" and expects that to negate all her fallacy in the past few months. BECAUSE I SAID SO!
    Guess I'm just more super than Superman.

I like being beautiful. I'm beautiful in real life. So I wanna be moar beautiful here. Sue me!

Nanomachines, son! =P
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol, my other characters are normal sized.

Flare is the only one I base off the Olympian ideal because--well he's ideal.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol, my other characters are normal sized.

Flare is the only one I base off the Olympian ideal because--well he's ideal.

Nepht being an ancient Egyptian* she's a shortarse.

* Kind off. Long story short Mechanon made a "real life" version of his fave video game character. Then Taco stole his toy, he's naughty like that :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    merloider wrote: »
    Last I checked, the costume artist in the high heels is a good six feet tall.. on par with the Powerhouse employees, I believe.. and I think Defender is around seven.

Defender is 7'. James Harmon IV, however, is only 6'11''. :biggrin:

I'll let Max speak for me: www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZyWU7jWjpI#t=5m34s
  • Options
    pizzataropizzataro Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I might be missing something, but do you mean the system will ban you automatically from the chat if several people put you in the ignore list?

If that's the case, I have to say this is one of the best, if not the best, method against bots that flood the chat. No wonder I don't see any in Champions Online.

Simply amazing!
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pizzataro wrote: »
    I might be missing something, but do you mean the system will ban you automatically from the chat if several people put you in the ignore list?

Yup.
    If that's the case, I have to say this is one of the best, if not the best, method against bots that flood the chat. No wonder I don't see any in Champions Online.

Simply amazing!

I hope you're being sarcastic.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The problem is this, Caliga: no matter what the numbers are on the slider in the costume editor, your toon is not in scale with the normal citizens of Millenium City.

I used to scale my toons the way you do, using the number that says 6' tall on the slider. Outside of the editor, my character was small compared to citizens, park benches, etc.

If you want a toon of "average" height in the game, you need to pick about 6'3" or 6'6", depending on leg length or body mass.

Right now, Caliga is the tiny king.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I hope you're being sarcastic.

Not at all.
    This system should be applied in every MMORPG. Atleast every F2P MMORPG.

I'd rather be chat-banned for a couple hours by those who'd like to abuse this system, rather then seeing the chat being flooded to the point it becomes completely impossible to use. Which is the same as removing the chat completely.

So, yes, this system is trully amazing.
  • Options
    supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not at all.

I'd rather be chat-banned for a couple hours by those who'd like to abuse this system, rather then seeing the chat being flooded to the point it becomes completely impossible to use. Which is the same as removing the chat completely.

Except that CO's never really suffered gold spam, with or without this system.
    I love the ideal of the system but it's really wayyyy too open to abusers and to see that even bob has been hit with this just brings home how no-one is safe.
    Now if it really was only 2 hours and not 24 I suspect they'd be far less ire about it here on the forums.
    edited April 2013
    LOL Jenny posts one link of "proof" and expects that to negate all her fallacy in the past few months. BECAUSE I SAID SO!

"Fallacy" has a plural.

Simply amazing!

Not surprisingly, every time I see someone make a defense of the chat-ban system, it's done out of ignorance.

There are no "bots" that flood the chat. There are no handles with names comprised of funny combinations of letters and numbers saying the same thing over and over again. I wonder where you get that information from.

The only reason the chat is being flooded is because zone chat is a single common chat channel across all active instances of the same zone. You're saying that it's okay for some people to be chat-banned to reduce the amount of chat lines going on when they're doing nothing wrong other than just chatting, because it looks "spammy" to you? How terribly self-centered.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not at all.

You also realize that you don't get chat-banned for 'a couple of hours'.

You get banned for 24 hours. When the system is abused. And it really is. Aside from our resident obnoxious PvPer that gets a chat ban every day for being a jerk to people, the majority of people who are chat banned are simply being trolled by someone.

It's a lazy tool. It really is, and you'd be ignorant not to see it. If you don't want to hear what someone says, you should use your ignore feature. Me and a few people should not have the power to dislike what you say, prevent it from entering our chatboxes, and then because of our 'vote' make you unable to communicate with anyone. An ignore is enough, and wanting more than that is just childish and stupid- and people who wish this on others should not be allowed to use the internet, ever.

In an entire year and 5 months of playing this game, I have never once seen a 'bot' in Zone chat.

Also, let me give you the most valid point I can: You're saying that in a game full of trolls greifers, you want the system that silences someone for 24 hours to be placed in the hands of the general population. Which, of course, is those very same trolls and greifers. That's like saying that the best way to stop inmates from murdering one another is to give them all a shiv.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    There are no "bots" that flood the chat...
    ...I wonder where you get that information from.

It's ironic how that comment kind of contains the answer and the question.

But I'll give you my answer for my assumptions.
    The fact that there are no bots, means the "bot-companies" are not interested in CO, obviously.

The reason for that, could be the restrictions and the GM's that actively watch over the game 24/7. Not sure if the GM's are watching 24/7, but the restriction do play a huge role in my opinion.

In this case it's the fact that there is only a 250g currency limit for the F2P members, the current chat-ban and probably some other restrictions I'm not aware of.

Now, the 250g limit can be easily surpassed by purchasing a hideout. And as far as I know, paying real money is not the only way to acquire Z's. Which means, bots can get it done.

That's why I assumed that the current chat-ban system has been, mainly, the reason why there are no bots.

I don't see how I'm being ignorant here. I'm just using common sense.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Note, also, that a chat ban doesn't just ban talking on Zone. It bans talking on Local, sending private messages to anyone, including friends. It prevents talking on your supergroup's channel.

You can't communicate AT ALL.

I like the ability to ignore people I don't want to listen to. I DON'T WANT to be contributing to a chat ban. At all. If I wanted to shut someone up, I'd use Report Spam or something, and it boggles my mind that it doesn't work that way -- I suspect a lot of people innocently contribute to chat bans because they don't realize Ignore does that.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The fact that there are no bots, means the "bot-companies" are not interested in CO, obviously.

Thus negating the reason for this ENTIRE SYSTEM.
    The reason for that, could be the restrictions and the GM's that actively watch over the game 24/7. Not sure if the GM's are watching 24/7, but the restriction do play a huge role in my opinion.

GM's that watch the game. That's rich! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!
    That's why I assumed that the current chat-ban system has been, mainly, the reason why there are no bots.

Again, this is why WE DO NOT NEED THIS SYSTEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You're using the opposite of common sense, actually. You're UNthinking.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @Cybersoldier

Hmmm, you're either just trolling with me or you really have no idea of what I'm talking about.

My appologies if I wasn't able to explain it clearly.
    Send me a PM and I'll try to explain it once again.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It's ironic how that comment kind of contains the answer and the question.

This isn't proof that the system is working in deterring bots from having a presence in the game nor is it proof that it deters "bot-companies" from having an interest in CO.

Also note that there have been no bot presence in the game long before the system ever existed.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    This isn't proof...

...Also note that there have been no bot presence in the game long before the system ever existed.

"Proof" is not an equivalent of "assumption".

By the way, I haven't been active lately, so when has this system been introduced into the game?

Probably around the time the game went F2P or the time when the dev team of CO has been drastically "reduced" due to other game projects?
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The system applies to all Cryptic games, not just CO, pizzataro, so it's not a CO-specific development.

Arguably, if you think it fixes bots, it may have been implemented for STO and CO got carried along for the ride. That said, I'm not sure bots have been that much of a problem on STO, either, and I don't remember the exact timing of when/how the current ban system came about.

Anyone know if being banned on one game also shuts you down on the other games?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    By the way, I haven't been active lately, so when has this system been introduced into the game?

You haven't been active lately to even know that the system exists, having existed ever since before PWE took over the reigns, and you're making all these claims about how effective it is.

I rest my case.

Go ask all of the people who have personally experienced the chat-ban how it's like to be 100% silenced from any form of communication for 24 hours from the abuse. In fact, try it yourself. You did mention in an earlier post that you wouldn't mind it since it's "justified" in a way.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pizzataro, the in-game economy of Cryptic's games, CO in particular, renders gold-sellers pointless. It's far too easy to acquire in-game funding without much, if any, grinding; farmbots have absolutely no purpose here. (As an example, I'm still playing Silver, and playing quite casually; even after having made a number of purchases on the AH from time to time, I have several hundred Globals in my shared bank.)

Compare to, say, WoW, where getting enough gold to purchase anything your toon can actually use is quite grindy - and gold-seller spam abounds.

Were this that sort of economy, I'd fully support the autoban system as implemented. Under the circumstances, however, it's a bit like installing a top-of-the-line HVAC cooling system in an Antarctic base. (Although for full comparison, I suppose the HVAC would have to be able to self-activate at random, and run for 24 hours before it could be shut off.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @Cybersoldier

Hmmm, you're either just trolling with me or you really have no idea of what I'm talking about.

My appologies if I wasn't able to explain it clearly.
    Send me a PM and I'll try to explain it once again.
    If by 'trolling', you mean pointing out the fallacies of your argument, then yes- I am. And I'm not the one who has no idea what you're talking about- you have no idea what you're talking about.

Here, let me explain. Get comfortable so you can concentrate, this is complicated for the unindoctrinated:

This system has been around since the game launched, or at least well before it went free-to-play. That shows how much you know what you're talking about, since this is 'new' for you. Allow me to explain to you how this works.

I say something that bothers 5 people. Those five people should be able to put me on ignore. That's fine- they can't see my words and it ends there.

However, those 5 people placing me on ignore silences me for an entire 24 hours. No 'little bit of time', no 'couple of hours', no 'silenced from that channel'. I cannot send ANY communication AT ALL.

Now, those 5 people are not the majority. They are not a GM. There is no way to determine that anything I've said even warranted a silence.

I can give you a few prime examples.

I roleplay, and a small group of roleplayers did not like that I wasn't willing to play along with their particular style. After sending me some pretty harsh insults, the group of them came together and 'reported spam' on me until I was silenced for 24 hours.

In Club Caprice, at random times, trolls have been known to enter and start mass-reporting spam on players to grief them and silence them for 24 hours.

When there were a small cluster of scammers (Problems existed in trading mechanics that could be exploited) in zone, if someone pointed out that Dude@handle was a known scammer, Dude@handle's entire SG would report spam on someone.

This is not an acceptable method of managing a community. Now, before you make it even more clear that you're clueless about this, please do a little more research on how this works and open your eyes and see that not everyone enjoys this game the same way as you.

And a chat box is for chatting. If you do not like it, minimize it. If you have problems with large groups of people playing one game at the same time and communicating, I highly suggest you uninstall the game and resort to single player games on PC or a console, or perhaps even action figures.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    "Proof" is not an equivalent of "assumption".

Probably around the time the game went F2P or the time when the dev team of CO has been drastically "reduced" due to other game projects?

The thing is, we've all been around here for quite some time, and we've not seen anyone trying to sell gold in this game for years, and all we see of this system is abuse.

You might think it's a great system in theory, because you're new and you haven't seen the abuse first-hand. We've all seen it do more bad than good since its implementation. That's why so many people are arguing against you.

No one's misunderstanding what you're saying. We've just experienced different things with the system than what you're describing.

For instance, there's a lot of people who roleplay in the game. There's also a lot of people who despise the roleplaying, and will put roleplayers on ignore. Now for example, take two people roleplaying, maybe planning their next tactics for fighting Mechassassin since they lost last time. Some guy walks by, rolls his eyes, and puts both of them on ignore. Now, one person that was in the middle of this roleplaying session can't talk for a whole day, and has no way of communicating this to the other person. Now not only has he been punished for a completely legal playstyle, but he also looks like a jerk who became disinterested in roleplaying with the other person.

Because of all the real-money-trade that happens around here.
    zahinder wrote: »
    Anyone know if being banned on one game also shuts you down on the other games?

Yes. Since the chat systems are all tied together in these games, get chat banned in one, you're banned in the others.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    YEW DESERVED IT!!! @_@

hff pff hnggg >_<

oo ^_^
  • Options
    starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes. Since the chat systems are all tied together in these games, get chat banned in one, you're banned in the others.

And from my observations, you can get chat banned without even playing the game, whether it be from people placing you on ignore while you're offline or ignoring you while you remotely chat in a custom channel via XMPP clients.