test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We love content removal! Give us more!

honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
Content Removal!

This is the best idea Cryptic has ever come up with! While youre at it, you should remove Vibora Bay, Lemuria, and have ONLY Millenium City. Remove Resistance and everything else! You already removed Simorph, Bloodmoon (how longs it been?), hid some of the Crisis'.

Ya know the leveling system which is pointless because you scale everything new? Remove that too! Lets make everyone level 1 and remove a mission, every week!

We the people know the direction this game has been taking for a while now. This, will get your goal done much faster.
Post edited by honestresearcher on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Content Removal!

This is the best idea Cryptic has ever come up with! While youre at it, you should remove Vibora Bay, Lemuria, and have ONLY Millenium City. Remove Resistance and everything else! You already removed Simorph, Bloodmoon (how longs it been?), hid some of the Crisis'.

Ya know the leveling system which is pointless because you scale everything new? Remove that too! Lets make everyone level 1 and remove a mission, every week!

We the people know the direction this game has been taking for a while now. This, will get your goal done much faster.

What got removed? Im lost here? Wut happened? :O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nepht wrote: »

My guess is the Lemurian crisis event going away.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Lemurian event ended, as scheduled, and as announced repeatedly in the time leading up to its end.

This has evidently taken a few of our fellow forumites by surprise.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2013
    Oh for a moment there I though a zone got nuked ..Snake dont do that to meh..im a poneh princess I cant take stress :(
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    The Lemurian event ended, as scheduled, and as announced repeatedly in the time leading up to its end.

The lack of surprise does not cover up that it was a bad move.

Murder is sometimes premeditated... that doesn't make it a cool fun thing that moves the game forward and raises customer appreciation.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2013

When the event was announced some of us said it was just an event and temporary content... then some people rushed to claim it would have some permanent components... that it was NEW content...

Well guess what... exactly what some of us said... all the shiny is gone again...

Temporary content = CRAP
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry nepht :)

yeah i knew it was going to be removed....im just not very happy about it..there is no valid reason to remove it other than doing it to insult the playerbase.

There was NO WAY i was going to sit here and be quiet like a kid who just had his lollipop stolen from a bully on this one.

Im surprised more arent as p#####d as i am.
    edited March 2013

yeah i knew it was going to be removed....im just not very happy about it..there is no valid reason to remove it other than doing it to insult the playerbase.

There was NO WAY i was going to sit here and be quiet like a kid who just had his lollipop stolen from a bully on this one.

Oh I'm annoyed to hear the alert has been removed. The should have removed the lameo's hanging around Mill City but kept the Harbinger alert :I
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited March 2013

They have a reason, I just feel it is a bad reason. There is supposedly a limited amount of space for these kinds of things, understandably there will be limits but if we have reached those limits, and given the number of 'tech issues' preventing them from doing things, then there is something terribly inefficient about how CO works.
  • devtrackerdevtracker Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2013

On the contrary. I think some people simply disagree with the design philosophy of temporary content in a game that is starved for new content. If you are going to put the manpower and hours into making something, leave it in the game. That way by the end of the year lots of new things have been added, rather than simply rotating them in and out.

Regarding the "limited space" explanation, the solution is obvious: instances. The "real" version of millenium city(that players interact with each other in) can host whatever the newest event is, and limited-team instances can be used to host previous events.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They have a reason, I just feel it is a bad reason. There is supposedly a limited amount of space for these kinds of things, understandably there will be limits but if we have reached those limits, and given the number of 'tech issues' preventing them from doing things, then there is something terribly inefficient about how CO works.

Yes, the "Tech Issues".
    If they just could port the PTS "tech" to Live, where Lemurian Invasion, UNTIL Air Ship AND Blood Moon were on at the same time.
    I stopped believing "It's the Gremlins" long, long time ago.
    What?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited March 2013
    Yeah the tailor on test is a million times faster than on live for me.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wait... the OP is complaining about a special event ending. That would be like complaining that the anniversary event, or Halloween event didn't last year round. It was a limited time thing... get over it.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited March 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Wait... the OP is complaining about a special event ending. That would be like complaining that the anniversary event, or Halloween event didn't last year round. It was a limited time thing... get over it.

I get where Snake is coming from. We have such a lack of new stuff of late he wants to hang on to whatever new content we get no matter what it is.
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013

holiday events are one thing: after all, wont make sence seeing black harliquin stealing chrismas gifts during july (as fun as chrismas in july sounds).

Sky command was part of the anniversary event and we got to keep that (as cruddy as it is); so why cant we keep the lemurian invasion?

how it should be is that the daily missions go away but we keep the special final event mission.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Yea.
    And maybe next time check a difference between 'Anniversary Event' and 'Regular Event' before mouthing off.
    But maybe you get over it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lemurian event is like your unemployed spouse coming home in a Ferrari when you aren't sure you can make the mortgage yet again.

Personally, I'm more annoyed at legacy gear and costume unlocks, speaking of removed content,
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I liked the event (Okay, partially. The Harbinger was fun), but didn't anybody see that coming? It's an event. Events in general don't last very long. They could've left the Harbinger in for us to wail on, but they didn't. If it were a full-on update, I could understand the rage of it being removed (I still sort of do. I'll miss playing Open Your Heart while fighting the Harbinger), but it was an event like Blood Moon; It wasn't meant to go on very long because it was advertised as once-every-so-often thing.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since alot of people seem to have no issue believing or repeating something I hear all the time I would like to pose the question...

When was the last time you heard the makers of a MMO say,"Sorry guys, no new content. We're full. There simply isn't any room."

I'm just really curious about this one since I've been playing MMOs since the inception of the idea(and MUDs,MUSHs, and MOOs before that) and I do not recall having EVER heard this yet it seems like a "go to" phrase for some people. So either someone is going to enlighten me(could happen) or they're going to try to enlighten me and in their own thought process have a "Heeeeey, waitta gosh darn cotton picken momment here..." momment. I know which one I'm betting on but it could be intertaining either way I suppose. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited March 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    Since alot of people seem to have no issue believing or repeating something I hear all the time I would like to pose the question...

When was the last time you heard the makers of a MMO say,"Sorry guys, no new content. We're full. There simply isn't any room."

I'm just really curious about this one since I've been playing MMOs since the inception of the idea(and MUDs,MUSHs, and MOOs before that) and I do not recall having EVER heard this yet it seems like a "go to" phrase for some people. So either someone is going to enlighten me(could happen) or they're going to try to enlighten me and in their own thought process have a "Heeeeey, waitta gosh darn cotton picken momment here..." momment. I know which one I'm betting on but it could be intertaining either way I suppose. :cool:

I've never heard it, because until CO/Cryptic it was never said. A database is about the only thing I can think of that might have space limits, but if we've reached those, then that database needs to be looked at.

There are far bigger games then CO around, and they seem to have no problem adding permanent content on a regular basis. There are smaller games that don't seem to be having this problem or all of the 'tech issues' that CO seems to have.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was queued for the Lemurian event yesterday evening for about 10 minutes where it showed I was the only player in queue. It had gone from an average wait of 5 minutes the first week to 12 minutes (with a strong basis for the queue being a lie at the end) this week. I figured the last night might have a surge but I was wrong.

The point? Three weeks of the event and fatigue had already set in.

Even if they left the tank in (it's not much but it is a handy travel power for non-flyers) it'd probably be a very long wait for it to pop if you didn't have teams made to do it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited March 2013
    There seems to be a lot of discontent about them removing this content....

Awesome_Face_facebook_covers.jpg

• kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of discontent about them removing this content....

Awesome_Face_facebook_covers.jpg

I think I'm fairly CONTENT with that gag. If I were a cake right now, I'd be in tiers.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is probably why I roll my eyes whenever the cheerleader squad lecture us on how immensely grateful we should be for it. I'm pretty sure at this stage of the game when development seems to be at an all time low, permanent content should be implemented like it always has been save for holiday events.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013

This is only my second MMO, but I've had an ear to the industry for some time and I've never heard of it either.

If their database is really that small, I think it needs an upgrade.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not a fan of removing content, however, to be fair, the thing rarely popped by the end, unless you were deliberately trying to form two five-teams and queueing. Three weeks for the final battle seems fair if we get this event returned into the rotation later; it certainly beat the barely more than one week that we had for the Christmas instance this year.

Rotating these events with bug fixes (hello Harbinger hit box) and a few new drops each time would not be a bad strategy. I'm dubious on how good the execution is going to be, but time will tell.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yes, the "Tech Issues".
    If they just could port the PTS "tech" to Live, where Lemurian Invasion, UNTIL Air Ship AND Blood Moon were on at the same time.
    What?

Indeed, interesting isn't it?
    edited March 2013
    Oh I'm annoyed to hear the alert has been removed. The should have removed the lameo's hanging around Mill City but kept the Harbinger alert :I

Yep, why not put it in rotation with the other specials or Gravitar's spot on the UI? The other potential spot is where they shoved Sky Command if it was going to be permanently available and not rotated with other alerts.
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yes, the "Tech Issues".
    What?

I suspect that "Tech Issues" is short for "not enough code developers than can update/modify the code base allocated to CO"

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Yep, why not put it in rotation with the other specials or Gravitar's spot on the UI?

I was honestly expecting this to happen. Endgame 10-man being its own slot and rotated in a similar fashion as the weekly alerts.

I know they said the Harbinger thing would return, together with Nighthawk, and if they pull it off as a regular rotation thing, that's cool. It just seems a good idea in theory, though, and not taking into account the available resources of the Dev team (mind you, I have no idea how much resources the Dev team has. I'm just going by what I've seen from a player perspective).
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, where are the patch notes?
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    draogn wrote: »

I've played volunteer made MMO's with no source of income other than donating with less 'tech issues' than CO. From what I've seen, the only 'tech issue' here is PWI going "We would love to fund this game, but it isn't a crappy enough game to fund. So we are going to pour money that CO makes into WoW clone #100^100."
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What I don't get is why they didn't actually wait until they had the replacement in place?
    SQUIRREL!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Content Removal!

Hey .. you stole that idea from me :biggrin:

Only that i had maybe other reasons when i posted something similiar. The removal started
    already with On Alert when thy removed crafting :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • nefertis28nefertis28 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic dont seem too care about us gamers to much, They should chance this game name too Cash Shop Online lol
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not a fan of removing content, however, to be fair, the thing rarely popped by the end, unless you were deliberately trying to form two five-teams and queueing.

I possible reason for that might be that some people (myself included) intentionally ran the event as much as they wanted in the early going because they knew it would be gone soon. Now or never. Had it been permanent no one would have had to even make that kind of decision, like most non-holiday oriented content in other games. Examples: I can go play GW2 right now and play all the content added that I missed from months ago. When I played STO last month I was playing featured episodes that I missed when they were added over a year ago. I'd really prefer that CO operated like this considering how sparse the new bits tend to be. A little bit consistently over a long time adds up. It's how we teach children to save but it's a lesson lost on adults for some inexplicable reason.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2013

This is probably the most disingenuous comment I have ever read on this forum. Is this what you do? Act like a smarmy douche on a superhero mmo forum? You know what he meant. Or are you really this stupid?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    This is probably the most disingenuous comment I have ever read on this forum. Is this what you do? Act like a smarmy douche on a superhero mmo forum? You know what he meant. Or are you really this stupid?

His comment seemed fine to me. This is no surprise [about the event ending].

I would prefer that the Harbinger rotated with Gravitar--maybe that will happen once there are several 10-hero alerts at level 35+.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It was a bit of an off base comment because Snake didn't say anything about being surprised...
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited March 2013
    Yay in the place of the Harbinger fight we've got more gamble boxes. Just what the game didn't need.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    Yay in the place of the Harbinger fight we've got more

Forum infighting and game hating.
    Just what the game didn't need.

Fixed that for you.
    edited March 2013
    Forum infighting and game hating.

Which you are happily contributing to.

• lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited March 2013

CO seems like a clunky, oddly coded system, seeing how damn near anything breaks it, so I can see this being an actual issue. They originally tried to add so many different things at the start, creating a pretty efficient and convenient system for players but failed to consider what would happen when they needed to add this or that or even stack things later on, which is coming to light and proving problematic now. That and the various revamps to the system, the idea of not having enough room, though odd and crazy, is plausible.

Again this reminds me of the issue I run into when modding a game sometimes, so while I can understand (kind of) and sympathize to a degree, a low level nobody of a modder should not be running into the same issues as someone who is paid to code and manage this stuff. It just doesn't add up. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt mostly because we don't have intimate knowledge of everything but I can't fault someone for wondering what the deal is. :confused:
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    CO isn't making enough to add more permanent content on the servers than what is available now.
    edited March 2013
    CO isn't making enough to add more permanent content on the servers than what is available now.

What made us all mad...is that it DID, but they shipped funds off to STO (waaaay back a few years)

That was the first major act of suicide.
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Yeaaaah but.....we have Halloween, Aniversary and Christmas every year. Its kind of expected. The actual good part of this storyboard didn't even last long enough to even be considered a comeback point for returning players. And the dates were all over the place, at one week I remember logging in on like a thursday or something when they had a post that it'd be up that day, and then all of a sudden its not supposed to be out for another week or so etc etc. I ended up just playing another game and didn't even notice the last part started till I got a message from a steam group. So yeah, I understand the frustration.

Especially since that other vehicle based mission is still up.....the one that nobody even does...:frown:
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What made us all mad...is that it DID, but they shipped funds off to STO (waaaay back a few years)

That was the first major act of suicide.

Oh how I am aware of that. Then they claim they don't do that. At least they don't take funds from STO to their other games. They're still taking funds from CO only it benefits NWO.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Content Removal!

You smashers are contradicting yourselves by not commenting on what he just said. LOL he just caved Cryptic's heads in. xD
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We don't have this kind of whining with Blood Moon or the Anniversary event goes out of rotation, because we know it'll come back eventually.

How is this any different?

Exactly. This time JonSills is 100% correct. This was NEVER going to be permanent content like an adventure pack, comic series, or open Zone.

It happened as announced. They actually kept their word! O_O

I'm not a fan of removing content, however, to be fair, the thing rarely popped by the end, unless you were deliberately trying to form two five-teams and queueing. Three weeks for the final battle seems fair if we get this event returned into the rotation later; it certainly beat the barely more than one week that we had for the Christmas instance this year.

Rotating these events with bug fixes (hello Harbinger hit box) and a few new drops each time would not be a bad strategy. I'm dubious on how good the execution is going to be, but time will tell.

I don't mind events. They farming parties! :biggrin:

On the downside hand though, in my opinion, they're less about fun and more about grinding for rare stuff to sell. This is why we NEED story content, open zone exploration, and other forms of adventuring!

If all they do is events, it'll be very frustrating.

yeah i knew it was going to be removed....im just not very happy about it..

The real motive for this thread right there folks.

there is no valid reason to remove it other than doing it to insult the playerbase.

This is BS and a blatant false exclusion fallacy!

One valid reason that should make you happy is that they kept to their word on what kind of content it was: temporary event, possibly to make a rotation return in the future.

I'm not pissed about that!

So what if they ended the event? So?

I'm pissed at the prohibitive nature & that you have to gamble for 4-slot gear.
    I'm pissed that you get fortune in this game, not from effort, but by blind gambling luck.
    I'm pissed that PvP still hasn't had Acclaim switched to Questionite.
    I'm pissed that the reward drop chances in this game have been butchered to hell (i.e.: costume unlocks)
    I'm REALLY pissed that they don't fix bugs in a prompt & reliable fashion (especially ones that continue to stay bugged after months)
    I'm pissed that the nemesis system hasn't seen any upgrades at all.
    I'm pissed

I feel you've got your priorities all f***ed up Snake, if you ask me... Do you whine about Blood Moon like this too? Or the Nighthawk event that is supposedly going to make a return?
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    We don't have this kind of whining with Blood Moon or the Anniversary event goes out of rotation, because we know it'll come back eventually.

How is this any different?

[...]

I feel you've got your priorities all f***ed up Snake, if you ask me... Do you whine about Blood Moon like this too? Or the Nighthawk event that is supposedly going to make a return?

I keep hearing that Blood Moon is supposed to happen once every month. How is that holding up?

And do we know for a fact that any of the special events (Nighthawk/Lemurian Invasion/Forum Malvanum) will be returning? It's easy to say that Christmas comes around once a year, but do aquatic reptilians?

Considering that there are posters here taking notes of which promises have been broken by Cryptic, an unease continues to plague the playerbase on whether this game will ever get the proper attention it deserves.