Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic - February 2013 [Closed - Check Back Wednesday!]

Comments

• Options
    tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I guess I have a few questions too:

1. ) Will it be possible to add since we learned how the lemurian invasion works on a rotation, perhaps an instanced mega destroyer type mission to compensate its loss during the last event, and possibly do the victorian halloween one in the same manner? Looking over how expansive from the pts you did the invasion, I see this is how you could incorporate those two without a loss. Make Mega D instanced around the champs building and the victorian one around a London backdrop. Do incentives for backup devices to get from mega ds finish and the werewolf teleport from london respectively. Not only would it let you run both, it would satisfy the players in making them also 35+ and on a rotation for content. Please use this if you haven't thought of it already.

2.) Xp Gifting, level cap, auras, telepathy pass, legacy costume unlocks for weapons, etc will they be looked at and/or released soon?

3.) Is it possible to get a version of the 900 day reward for the better bird heads in the z store? I mean there was different versions of other rewards back then and for those of us that waited for better heads kind of got shafted when it was put behind 900 days...

4.) Also in that note add a taur and possible other types of bestial heads perhaps an equine (horse), etc there is a rise in bestial heroes and that would be appreciated.

5.) Almost forgot, Is there a chance to re allow the hood from the nighthawk set to be used by ALL types of heads? It worked wonderfully before and it should be allowed to do so again as it had no issue even with bestial heads in working right. Could you also release more costume pieces that those other types of heads could use as well. What has been allowed so far has been very well done.
  • Options
    embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hell-o, dear developer.

It's been long since we last met *cough*

Serious now, there is one thing that i would like to ask. Will the, unneeded
    increase of power of the Glacier AT (it is supposed to be a tank) ever get "fixed"
    again? This AT deals way too high of a spike dmg due to the changes that occured
    around 5 months ago.

To explain things further >

Release Notes, November 9

Ice
    -Ice Cage: Periodic Damage of cages increased by 100%.
    -Ice Cage: This power now scales with you as you get stronger.

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=co-patch-notes&paged=2

I mean come on, "let's add 100%+ dmg onto a RANGED TANK, nobody is going to notice
    the huge difference in tanking/dps potential compared to other Archetypes." This has to be
    nerfed, big time. Tanks should not hit anything near to 10-14k, since it already used to hit for
    around 7k pre-update which was way enough spike dmg for a TANK. I would like to suggest a
    big review of these changes, because they didn't do anything but almost entirely ruin the AT pvp
    aspects of the game. I'd also like to suggest, that IF you ever change any skill's dmg/cd /radius
    etc. in the future, try actually playing your own game to prevent design flaws from occuring.
    The question is, is a review likely to happen? Now that it is a known issue and has been
    addressed?

A response would be great.

Thanks in advance :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hell-o, dear developer.

increase of power of the Glacier AT (it is supposed to be a tank) ever get "fixed"
    again? This AT deals way too high of a spike dmg due to the changes that occured
    around 5 months ago. I am sick and tired of, getting killed by Players who didn't spend
    a single dollar on their mods/items just by facerolling my 500$ maxed out toon. A review
    is what is needed at this point, since the people that are playing said AT these days..
    they truly believe that their wins in duels come from being "pro". And it is about time to
    shatter their bubble of delusion.

You seriously spent $500.00 on a toon. Seriously.

Something, something pay to win, something something...

Seriously, you're complaining because you cash didn't get you a victory? oOnce you start throwing in the dollar amount, it's kind of sad. You could have left it at this:

around 5 months ago.

...but yeah. I hope they edit yours if they respond.

Otherwise, yes- these ice powers are hitting a little too hard.
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My questions:

-Will we get further powerset reviews? In particular when will the Telepathy review be finished?

-Will the loot tables get a second look so that they are consistent?

-Will open missions be fixed both from a debugging point of view (Reign of Frogs...) and from a reward point of view (coming first and getting a random green is not an incentive to run them)?

-Will the Primary utilities get some love?

-Will the spec trees get looked at? Some individual specializations are rather lackluster, do you plan to fine tune the trees and/or add new ones? On the forums the great majority of the builds use the Guardian or Warden tree in combo with the Vindicator one. The pure melee and pure ranged need some love!

• Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. How many Devs do we really have, or better : how many hours are Devs really working at CO each week ?

2. Will we ever see new real playable Open World content ?
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In Nemesis alerts, you can see Scalpel, Torment, and Vengeance. But they're named things like Lilith, Death Metal, Destructo, etc. and have Supernatural Infernal powers instead of what their real powers are. Why weren't villains from Nemesis missions just directly added to alerts instead of hitting the randomize costume button and giving all the results Infernal powers? Would it be possible to replace the current Generics with the Nemesis mission villains? And why on earth do I constantly fight generics in alerts when I have a Nemesis? Shouldn't they only appear when no one has one?

Bunker Buster
    alone has all the villains you could ever need. They have backstories, interesting costumes, their own powers, and someone clearly put time and effort into them. Unlike Mr. half-naked clown in striped shorts with a long tail poking through wearing scuba flippers. Unless he was meant to look deranged, in which case, well done.

Edit: I think my real problem with the generics is the utter lack of consistency. Why is a huge robotic male named Lilith?

Questions in yellow so it can be spotted easier in the wall of text.

Oh, and are there any plans to fix the massive amount of bugs and spelling errors riddled throughout the game? For instance, Tickster's Accurate Gauntlets from the Canadian Crisis.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vizzone wrote: »
    Why weren't villains from Nemesis missions just directly added to alerts instead of hitting the randomize costume button and giving all the results Infernal powers?

Question in yellow so it can be spotted easier in the wall of text.

This, Cryptic. So much this. While myself and a lot of others are asking for huge things, this one right here seems to be pretty simple. It's disappointing to see a nemesis mission and end up fighting one of these cobbled-together weirdo or other characters that blows poison fart-clouds. Even scarier when it's a dude named 'Lilith'.
  • Options
    judgeb0tjudgeb0t Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any chance we will see Foundry love? Other games are getting it, and if ever there was a game meant for it, it would be CO.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) What are some plans going forward that you folks can discuss? (I phrase this, this way, to say if it's all stuff that can't be discussed please don't pick my question just to tell us "we're working on stuff but can't tell you yet". Just a small snippet of something definite would do for me).

2) Is the Telepathy pass going to return?

3) If so, after Telepathy...Claws pass possibly?

4) Foundry? Is there any hope for this in the near future (near meaning before the end of 2013)?

5) Story based non-alert content. Will we be getting any?

6) Bug fixes, too many needed to list. Will we be getting back to ironing some of these out?
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) Will we be getting the Foundry at any time soon, like the one Neverwinter and STO have?

2) Will there be any story-based non-Alert non-vehicle content? I am pretty much asking about a new zone, yes.

3) Will we ever have opportunities to make in-game Action Figures of our characters? Also, speaking of AFs, can we stop getting Special Edition ones and move onto Series 2?

4) There are a ton of item drops in old lairs using old items (like Therakiel's Temple), and Cosmics also don't drop any worthwhile stuff. When will drops for "endgame" content be updated?

5) Can we please get more variety in Enraged forms? Focus has four forms, all accommodating a different playstyle. Can we get Enrage forms that give you stacks when you take damage and when you deal a crit?

6) When are we getting more C-Store costume sets?

7) Can we get some updated beast heads? Like Wolf, Bear, Cat heads with better detail? As well as the Rhino and Boar head that are NPC-only?
  • Options
    xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Nemesis creation is by far one of the best features of Champs. Will there be any additions to this or what we would all hope, a major overhaul, including the bug fixes for it?

Also any word on a foundry?
  • Options
    rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just three question from me.

* What is the proposed release and update for Champions Online in 2013?
    * Is the Foundry ever coming to Champions Online? If so, when?
    * Cryptic has been criticized for lackluster communication and a slow pace of development with regards to Champions Online. What steps are the company taking in response to these criticisms?

Thank you. It's great to see one of these threads posted, again.
    a
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a little concerned about the game's future, since this is the only super hero MMO left besides DCU online (Blech!). So I want to know if this game going to get back some of their devs when Never Winter comes out, or will it stay out of focus?

I would like to see more costume freedom, right now I feel very limited by the Costume Creator system, especially if I want a nelphim mask for my character. Is there any plans to loosen the highly restricted options posed by the CC system? (Also I'd love to have chaos demon legs for an option.)

I miss the AE system in CoX, it was great for Roleplayers and basically endless content. Is there any plans to implement this?
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My set:
    1) Can we hope to see a major bugfix pass once we get our Devs back from Neverwinter?
    2) Supergroup bases, please? Preferably closer to the CoH level of customability than to the fairly ham-handed STO version (both created by Cryptic)
    3) Everyone is clamoring for a new zone, and I am no different. What we need is an additional URBAN zone. Preferably covering the 27-35 range as an alternate to Monster Island/Lemuria track (My gritty street-vigilantes are tired of spending eight levels sleeping in dinosaur drool). Put it in the area north of the current city, covering the Hamtramck reconstructed area, with an airport, a stadium, and a mall?
    4) Could we please have an explanation as to why nothing was done to attract CoH players Dec 01 2012 beyond a single official welcome message and a Double XP weekend? The three months warning ought to have een eough to wake someone up in management to get things pushed along.
    5) Understanding that crafting systems aren't Cryptics strong suit these days, could we please have the current one revisited? What we have is hardly worth the five minutes the tutorial videos require to watch.
    6) Speaking of items, whatever happened to all those fun item descriptions that we used to have?
    7) Can we hope for a Control Powers revisit? When I started during the original beta, they were bad. Now they're nigh-useless.
    8) Could we ask the art department to put some of the facial presets back into the character creator? Preferably more realistic ones?

And rest.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any plans to add additional leveling paths? Doing the same missions from level 5-40 gets old after a while, which is why many have turned to the smash alerts for leveling.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You seriously spent $500.00 on a toon. Seriously.
    6 months ago i spent $500 to reward Cryptic for a telepathy pass and soon following hold review.

Yes my main is a telepath and Yes I'm pissed that my toon STILL SUCKS. So Yes, I can see frustration when major programming gaffes ruin a character you've invested time, energy, and money into. (It made me quit CO)

This was a great question as to how does Cryptic view and treat our player sacrifices and I think it SHOULD be answered without cynicism from other players.
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    As a new Lifetime member, I'm wondering about a lot now that I'm taking a much closer look at the game:

1) Any chance of a Foundry being created for CO? Obviously STO and NW have them and to great advantage.

2) Would love crafting to come back in some fashion despite the problems you guys apparently had. Any chance of that?

3) If no to both of those, how about a video making feature (yes, I know you can do this third party) for people who want to create their own cartoons or comics?

Bottom line:

What will there be in the coming year for those of us who want to flex our creative muscles?
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Such a make or break edition of Ask cryptic...
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Basically on page 1 what Gamehobo asked plus an extra few questions:

1) Where is telepathy? My main character has been rendered unplayable for half a year now, thanks to me going from Silver to LTS based on the hope of getting those powers (telepathy additions) up on LIVE. I've spent ALOT of ? on my toon (telepath) trying my best to optimise her for those powers and I HATE the fact that she has been missing out on the little content we have been given so far, hell even just regular content. (spent over ?400 on that single char with the gearing, keys, legion and subbing to LTS based on the telepathy additions)

2) Are there any plans for expansion? Both powerset wise (like AoE Shielding/Containment Fields for Force, Telepathy additions, MA Claws Additions etc) and in-game content wise? (Zones, Lairs etc)

3) Are there any plans for more COverse lore to be explored in game? Like lore world chars playing a part in game?

4) There are certain mobs which I feel are extremely underdeveloped/underused, such as PSI. Any plans in the works to use less common mobs like PSI or even to launch a comic series starring them? (would go great with telepathy additions...just saying)
  • Options
    wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As a CoH 8 year vet who has found a new home here, I have a question, and a suggestion that I hope you will indulge.

Q: Are you going to continue to leave this potentially amazing game to a slow death of near-abandonment and neglect when it could absolutely dominate it's niche?

Suggestion: If not, then I suggest that you immediately integrate as much of the wonderful Champions PnP content and as much of what was working in CoX as possible.

Here's hoping.
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Given unlimited budget and manpower what would you change about the game?

Are there any new z-store costume sets in the works? Can we see a preview?

Which enemy faction in the game do you feel could use the most love?

Any chance of a list of the current development team?

What is the coolest thing you have at the Cryptic offices?

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has there been any talk of giving back the damage or revamping the brick/might set that was changed during the alert patch?

Anything in the works concerning more nemesis missions or content involving ones nemesis?

Thanks for your time
  • Options
    tariser12tariser12 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Would it be possible to get existing group agents for nemesis minions (like Viper, Argent, and Demon for example)?

Would it be possible to add a variable to define your character as something other than human? Either filled in like a name or checked from a short list (Supernatural, alien, robot, Manimal, demon, elemental for example) so the NPCs would address them as something appropriate in the speech balloons?

Could the organic rifles costume parts be spread out so that there is on for each type of appropriate attack? (and the Organic shotgun and minigun brought back as costume pieces, if not power replaces)
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Would it be possible to go through and tune the existing powersets before releasing any new revamps or sets? Practically every set is missing barebone abilities, blocks being a prime example.

Powersets have also become vastly disproportionate in output with the recent buffs to various powers that seem to follow no rhyme or reason to whatever formulas that were originally being used to balance powers. For example the new gadget powers are plain ludicrous in terms of output compared to older abilities. Could we perhaps tone down the power creep and keeps sets relatively on par with one another?
  • Options
    heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just a couple from me

1. Emission points. Still on the radar?

2. Nemesis. Has been brought up, but I'm curious to know what you would like to do with the Nemesis system.

3. Offline Character viewer. Like the page we used to have, perhaps with more functionality (view alt costumes for example).

I think that works with all the other questions that are being brought up.

Thanks.
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why hasn't my demands for bunnehs in the park been implemented yet?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Why hasn't my demands for bunnehs in the park been implemented yet?

The system is hard coded with no bunnehs in the park. They are unable to implement this even they would love to do it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    - *Suggestions Box*- Will the devs take the time to scroll through this anytime soon? There are some amazing ideas and fixes in there. One for instance, was a Music-based powerset. After all, we have Guitar pieces. There were also many excellent travel power ideas (Roller Blades and Rocket Skates, Free Running and Parkour, Earth Slide...To name a few) with included mechanics!!

-*Level Cap increase*-Ever gonna happen? If so, we'll definitely need an adjustment to the Powertray UI. Maybe expand it, add 8,9,C8,C9. That's if the expansion would be 10 levels. Also, if/when it does happen, what sort of content will you give us to promote leveling?

-*Vehicles*-LAND VEHICLES? Ever gonna happen? Things with wheels are in high demand.

-*Chat Ban*-Any plans to either assign GMs to monitor it and handle the situation, or remove the feature? It's turned into a crap-flinging, "trololol" tool. It's ridiculous.

-*SG Bases*-Will we still be getting these? Or maybe remove the 10-person limit on hideouts, or give us instanced HQs, with options.

-*Acclaim Rewards*- Are you all planning to give us new rewards? Maybe put rare Mods in there, like Penetration cores, etc.

I'll be back when I think of more, lol.
    -Thanks!:cool:

*EDIT* Thought of more 5 secs after posting this...

-*Costume Drops and RP Instances* Are you guys planning on returning the old RP Instances and giving us back costume drops that were removed? Like Nephilim Wings.

I'd also love to see a crafting Hybrid. Bring back some of the old dismantling features, we really have no reason for Arms/Science/Mysticism still being in the game without them. A Salvaging feature would fit nicely on the Mod/Fuse window. The gear would give mods based on the type. Offense would give Enhancements. Defense Armoring. Utility would give things like Gambler's Lucky Gem, etc. And if your Arms Focus matches the gear type, you'd get a more powerful mod.

@Jeighsun in-game.
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I forgot to ask, Can we have vehicles?

My character could use a motorcyle, or a car or something. Maybe a skate/hover board. Thanks.

edit: also - deeper pockets for silvers? power tinting for silvers? Other **** silvers want for silvers?
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I guess, after eight months of occasional press releases in one direction, and grumbling, begging, cajoling, whining, pleading, and boiling tempers (mea culpa) in the other, with poor TrailTurtle in the middle...

How did it come to this, and how can we (Cryptic and the Champions player community) prevent it from happening again?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As much as I am excited about the upcoming release of the sure Blockbuster Nevewinter, I just have to know if there are plans to bring over some of the new neverwinger tech for incorporation into Champions online!

Its clear that Neverwinter benefits greatly from lessons learned I Champs.

Can this go the otber way?
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What's the current size of the team working on Champions, and is there any chance it will be expanded sometime soon to develop more substantial content or the same amount at a faster pace?

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) Telepathy... are we ever going to see an update to the set? We were sort of teased with one on PTS and now it's gone.

2) Hold Review.. is this still in the works?

3) The Foundry... I really hope this is coming to CO!

4) New Frameworks? Any new powers coming our way. The games power-sets are feeling a bit stale, would be nice to have some new stuff!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    kittenofpixelskittenofpixels Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm. How about Auto-looting, is it feasible? At the very least don't make us have to pick up things like snake-bucks, recognition, and lockboxes. those automatically going to inventory is fine.
    @Pixel_Kitty in-game, old player trying out the new system.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has the CO team considered using the playerbase to increase it's profile by doing such things as front page features on items like the Wiki, the Primus Database, or Powerhouse character builder?

Have you considered integration between the web-based community and the in-game community by showcasing things either on the launcher, or perhaps adding in-game system notifications regarding articles/press?

Has any further consideration been given to crowdsourcing, like having players submit fan videos for display on an official CO channel, or for use in future press showcasing the systems and applications unique to CO?

What kind of suggestions would be most useful for the CO team in order to improve this game?

Are there any plans to crosspromote CO through STO or any other Cryptic/PWE games in order to increase its in-company profile?
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. Will the Foundry be added to CO?

2. Will there be a way to rerun content with either the content scaled up or our hero scaled down to appropriate levels?

3. Will there be more lower level content added? (Goes well with #2 if you want to get everyone in on it.)

4. Will there be new AP/CS or "task force"-like content added? Former CoH players like their TFs.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    • #1. Any plans on reintroducing the costume sets on the C-Store??
    • #2. Any plans on the expansions of the hideouts that are already half done? (the extra rooms for crafting and training dummies)
    • #3. Is Crowd Control getting any kind of love any time soon?
    • #4. Is there any plans of implementing auras? I remember at some point during the PTS that the UI was already being prepared for the aura slots.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1.) Where is telepathy?
    2.) What happened to auras? Aura slots were on the PTS way back when, where are they now?
    3.) Obligatory foundry question.
    4.) What happened to the Freon and Blaze rampage alert?
    5.) What happened to EXP-gifting?
    6.) Is development ever going to ramp up for CO?
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. The Foundry. Where is it in terms of progress?

2. Are we going to see new zones filled with new content and characters in the future?

3. When can we take the fight to Destroyer?

4. Can we see more headgear accessories for Beast Heads?
  • Options
    amontillado1amontillado1 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Might we modify the queuing for 10 man missions so that we can queue as a team larger than 5 members?
  • Options
    kabbalistkabbalist Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've seen lots of great questions in the above posts, and figured now was as good a time as any to ask my own...

1.) I'll join the others who are asking if it would be possible to add land-based vehicles and vehicles that don't look like paramilitary assault fliers. Cars, motorcycles, scooters, that kind of thing. Even if they're limited to the roads and/or just used like a non-combat travel power, I and some of my other friends on Champions would be happy to see them.

2.) Why are the current vehicles being pushed at players so enthusiastically even though I've seen relatively few people using them? It seems like almost 50% of dropped items lately are lockboxes for vehicles I'm not interested in paying to open unless I know for sure what I'm going to get.

3.) I like the beast/animal costume pieces, but would it be possible to include some animal heads that look more heroic and less angry/villainous?
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will we ever see the return of past Events such as the Nighthawk event as cycling events such as the Blood Moon event were?.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    phoinx00phoinx00 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cool! Thank you for interacting with us!

Already been asked, but I list here to show I'm another player interested in that:
    - SG hideout
    - content creation / "Mission Architect" / "The Foundry"
    - beyond lv.40
    - nemesis system bug fixed
    - nemesis's minions editing
    - GMs online
    - larger teams/groups/parties (very useful for playing with SG members)
    - more social instances (and more interactive ones)

Other questions:

1) Is the ingame Support System still alive? Why don't I receive any answers for my tickets? Why my tickets don't appear in "My Tickets" list?
    Even if "Bug Reports" won't receive personalized responses, wouldn't be better to have a list for those - so players can check what bugs they already reported?

2) Will hideouts have ability to create training rooms (like the ones in the Powerhouses, for instance)? How about more options for those training rooms?

3) Could there be some player-based events? Like using some player's story and nemesis...
    (Probably "The Foundry" would cover that.)

4) How about separating vehicles and non-vehicles players? The difference between them is huge! Also, they look too big on screen (for others)! It's very annoying. In my opinion, vehicles only make sense for giant enemies (or overpowered enemies) and open maps (a ship entering a bunker?)! Maybe some maps for vehicle only (and aerial one, like the one in the NightHawk mission)...
    "The deeds make the hero."
  • Options
    eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would also like to echo the over-riding burning questions posed above that are asking what are in essence; "How many Devs are on CO" and "when will PWE/Cryptic get serious about developing Champions-Online".

The other questions above about powersets, about zones, about crafting and features like The Foundry are all well and good and exciting for a potential future - but it all means very little if anything equating to the following theme of questioning goes unexplained.
    I have been in Millennium City since closed-beta and I have never seen confidence in the game's future by subscribers so low as it has been lately, and that is absolutely all-on-you guys PWE/Cryptic-Studios for your decision to turn a total blind-eye to the forums and ignore our genuine concerns. What's-up with that kind of mentality?, I just do not understand.

(So here are the questions);

1): Why the overwhelming, subscriber-morale-crushing, studio-reputation-tarnishing, Dev-studio silence over the development and future of Champions-Online?.

2): Do Cryptic-Studios still have the same passion for making Champions-Online the best superhero MMO on the market? - the same passion you had... the same passion you as a studio spoke of at launch?.
    If so please do not just say; "yes" - Could you please tell us why you still believe in the project and why PWE/Cryptic-Studios is the best studio out there to make the most of the prestigious Champions IP you acquired?.
    Get us excited again and believe in the future development of Champions-Online with a solid, coherant and sustainable development plan THAT IS SUPPORTED WITH AN INVESTMENT of dedicated CO-devs and money allocated to breathing life into real bread 'n' butter content and not just different flavours of lockboxes with content geared on gambling and grinding. There is no shortcut for putting in the work that will grow the game in the long-run.

3): When was the last time Mr Emmert even mouthed the words Champions-Online in a meeting with PWE?.
    Could someone please post him a link, make him aware of this 'Ask Cryptic' and ask he spare (literally) one-minute to reassure Champions-Online subscribers that - not just the devs, not just management, - but the executive management of both Cryptic and PWE are serious about growing Champions-Online and allocating the proper resources and time to do that
    . (STO's EP and Daniel Stahl's 'Fifty-Devs and counting' quotes I'm looking directly at you - as comparisons of commitment.

4): If Cryptic-Studios are going to take Champions-Online takings and funnel the funds into STO or Neverwinter or any new secret project in development - don't you think you have a responsibility, an obligation to give those Champions-Online subscribers a developmental plan for their favourite game something above the order of 'maintainance-mode'?.
    The latest patches for the game have been worse than dire for content, they have been an embarassment.
    The next meeting you all sit down, order of business should not be; "What can we sell next, what system can we devise to sell more?" - it should be; "What can we set in place and work on developing, to grow the game over the long-term?".
    Cryptic-Studios really needs to get it's house in-order with developing and maintaining multiple titles, because all I'm seeing is a lack of focus and a cycle of 'develop up to a level, milk, and funnel proceeds to fund the next big-thing'. Not acceptable!.
    If this means you have to have words with PWE over said cycle, then do it - please. For the reputation of the studio in the eyes of subscribers, for the ultimate sake of this game.

5): I was personally excited when Brad Stokan took over as Executive Producer for Champions-Online. I thought an art-related background would equate perhaps to much more of an innovative concept-led, ideas-driven plan that would lay some groundwork for future development.
    This is not a diss, this is me asking seriously.... Brad?, what happened?. Is the game just not allocated any devs or resources from your bosses?, any time nor money whatsoever? - because I know, I hope this can't be just a total vacuum of ideas holding back CO here.... Is it?.

6): Arcadia:City of Gold? - Shamballah, Agharti and the Ice-Caverns of Everest?, Hudson-City?, Well of the Worlds?, Sunday Pond?, Ravenswood Academy?, Atlantis?, Lyonesse?, the Yengtao Temple?. Umm, four years on, Where are they please?.
    All of these locales are as iconic to the Champions IP as Hoth, Tatooine, Korriban and Corescant are to the Star Wars IP.
    Can you imagine TOR four years down the line with none of these places in-game?..... - no?.....exactly!.
    Please can you get a long-term developmental plan in place to get this content in-game and to make the Champions-Online game actually feel like it does the IP Cryptic-Studios bought - justice!, - please?.

7): In short; What happened?, what is happening?, and do you have it in you Cryptic to make us believe once again in the future for Champions-Online?.

Thankyou for your time in reading this.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • Options
    orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First of let me say that If I am repeating What other have said already i am sorry, I Knew mostly the same stuff will be asked. So with that here is what I would like to knew.

1) I would like to knew are we getting an new Zone? The last time one was added was back in Oct 09. We are long overdue for one. Filled with new Mobs, perks, titles and open missions.

2) Costume sets. This is yet another thing that has not had any added in almost 5-6 months, Will we see any new ones soon. By soon I don't mean "will be coming at some point" I mean in the next 2 -3 months.

3) Aura slots. At one point you guys said that you are working on this. On the PTS they are even add on, but we never saw any items. Is this something that was talked about but then dropped. If so will we ever see this added?

4) Hideouts/SG hideouts. Will the locked rooms that where started, and yes I knew it was a side project, ever be opened to us. Also will you be add more to them. With SG hideouts is there a time frame for them, or was this something that was also dropped?

5) Powers. The last full power set we saw was Wind back in Dec 2011. Will you be adding more soon. And if so will you be looking at some of the more asked for ones. (plants, Whips, Shields, Water, staffs) also at one point on the PTS Telepathy was getting some new stuff, will it see the light of day soon?

6) some other stuff we need. Emotes, can we get more of them? can PVP get some love? Social Instance can we get more and will you be bring back some of the older crafting ones?
    Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First off, thanks you for taking in all the player feedback on the Lemurian Harbringer Alert.

Questions (some are repeats)

1) When will the rest of the Crafting building be opened up? The dojo and the mutations building were some of the best RP locations, can we have them back please?

2) When we we get more interiors for buldings in game? I would love to go into the police station, Steelhead, more of the bars and restraunts.

3) When will we get the extra rooms opened up in the hidouts?

4) Will we ever get hideouts or SG bases on par to those seen on CoX?

5) NWO's foundry...even it it takes till the end of the year or early 2014, any chance we can get it here? We NEED it.

6) Will we be getting more Devs here?

and most importantly, what is the plan for CO moving forward? Is there even one? Why hasn't or leader and Executive Producer been around. Do we even have one? Can we get a new one?

Edited to add: Thanks for your time and thanks for picking this back up.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If any of these questions have been asked before then that means added emphasis.

1. Cryptic got the vast majority of the Dark Champions line when they bought the Champs IP, why is it so underutilized?
    2. When will safeguards be added to the chatban system to keep it from being abused so easily?
    3. Could the next name-changing revamp of the game, because I have a feeling one is being planned, be centered around the addition and utilization of the Foundry system? Champions Online: Foundations or something similar?
    4. The Nemesis system needs major dusting off, maintenance and updating. When can we expect to see this awesome feature get the serious dev attention it needs?
    5. I still want to know what Robobo needed the costume files of the Iron Age contest winners for. I get the serious jitters trying to figure that out. My PTSD doesn't even bother me this badly. Can we finally get some sort of information about that?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would also like to echo the over-riding burning questions posed above that are asking what are in essence; "How many Devs are on CO" and "when will PWE/Cryptic get serious about developing Champions-Online".

The other questions above about powersets, about zones, about crafting and features like The Foundry are all well and good and exciting for a potential future - but it all means very little if anything equating to the following theme of questioning goes unexplained.
    I have been in Millennium City since closed-beta and I have never seen confidence in the game's future by subscribers so low as it has been lately, and that is absolutely all-on-you guys PWE/Cryptic-Studios for your decision to turn a total blind-eye to the forums and ignore our genuine concerns. What's-up with that kind of mentality?, I just do not understand.

(So here are the questions);

Thankyou for your time in reading this.

Literally everything I thought of asking, you just asked. Now lets just hope they listen.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) What plans do you have to address the Chat Ban issue?

I've heard it all before--its embedded deep in the code base that's shared by all your games, etc.--but that only compounds the issue even further. We get Chat Banned in ONE of your games and we get Chat Banned in ALL of them.

With NWO's release drawing nearer you'll likely have an entire player base full of RP'ers coming to the fold, having D&D as part of its target audience. And RP'ers are one of the groups that frequently get targeted by this system, becuase non-RP'ers tend to find them annoying since RP text tends to clutter the chat screen and look strange to those that don't RP. And that's just one demographic. The more games you push out, the more chances those of us that play your games have of getting banned from one of them and prevent us from playing ANY of them if in-game communication is important to our play experience.

This isn't working and it never did. The system is NOT "working as intended"--it is working as it was programmed, which is a different thing. You can't possibly "intend" for your player base to suffer through your automated moderation system and get summarily and arbitrarily banned from chat simply for saying something someone else didn't feel like hearing at the time. This system was (at least from what we were originally told) intended to fight gold farmers, not to provide moderation tools to the masses and to impede on a player's play experience or facilitate griefing, which is the ONLY thing that its doing.

Can we get rid of this system already? Can it be turned off? Can you change it for something that's actually "working as intended" (i.e. to fight gold sellers) in the true meaning of the phrase rather than simply "working as it was coded"?

2) What is your vision for this game's future? What's going to be the main focus of CO's development for the foreseeable future (one year or so)? Bug fixes, power balancing, temporary content/events, Alerts, content expansions, etc.?

3) What can you tell us about permanent content additions? Are there any plans to add more non-Alert content to this game? What about new zones, or alternate versions of new ones (like the lower level version of Vibora Bay used for the lv 22+ The Queen City arch)? What about expanding existing zones to include new content and mission archs, such as the oasis in the desert that currently has no missions attached to it, or all those "empty" parts around Millenium City and other zones?

4) When can we get the Foundry for CO? This is one of the most common requests for this game, and having the ability to create our own content will help reduce this game's need for new playable content.

5) Can we get vehicle recoloring? Fixed colors are very limiting in a game that's built around customization and fixed color vehicle visually clash with our character's theme and appearance, making it less likely for many of us to buy vehicles, which only serves as a detriment to their success.

6) Are there any plans to improve the Nemesis system? How about adding the remaining powersets to the list available for nemesis creation? What about fixing Nemesis bugs? Are there any plans to add new Nemesis content or make them a more active part of our character's lives (Nemesis randomly attacking characters just as minions do, more opportunities to confront our nemesis, etc.)?

7) When can we get a review to Hold power/effects?

Probably other stuff I can't think of right now :tongue: