test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic - February 2013 [Closed - Check Back Wednesday!]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2013 in Super News Network
Heroes, it's time to answer your burning questions. If you've got questions about the making of the Lemurian invasion mega-event, what's coming up in the future, or pretty much anything at all, post them in this thread.

Over the next week, we'll go through and compile a list of questions, then the Champions devs will answer them in a blog post. No guarantees that we'll be able to answer all of them, but we'll cover as many as we can.

Planned timeline:
Post questions, today through Friday March 8.
I'll lock the thread on Monday to avoid any confusion.
We'll post a blog post on Wednesday with the answers.

[As a side note, as a courtesy to your fellow players, please only post questions here, not commentary on other peoples' questions. That will make it easier for us to go through and find questions to answer, instead of having to filter out commentary.]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *Blinks* Wow i never figured this would ow up

Anyway my queston...Will there be any bug fixes and will there be any new beast heads?
  • Options
    polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will we see xp gifting this year?
    Can you add a bull head to the Bestial head types?
  • Options
    dragonfire1170dragonfire1170 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was wondering if we would possibly get more stances, such as the one that the Mega Destroids in Resistance and Black Talon have.

Can we get the option to edit our Nemesis's minions?

Will we be getting the old crafting system back, perhaps fusing it with the current mod system?

Will old costume drops that came in the form of Pre-On Alert gear make a return as normal costume drops, for example the drops from Nemcon.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After the invasion event, what else can players look forward to in 2013?
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can we get those lost legacy pieces back by someway somehow?

Harquebus
    Flintlock Pistol
    Blunderbuss
    Qwyjibo Action Figure

etc...

I need those back...(T.T)

And please fix Hero Game rewards(Now there are only two uselessMalvan pieces) and Queue system for your kindness. It's very hard to get 8 people queue for Stronghold and UTC...
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1: How many dedicated devs does Champions have?

2: is this number going to change after the Everquest launch?

3: Telepathy pass?
  • Options
    slycopperslycopper Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do wonder if the supergroups will get an update and fixing bugs in there. As I wanted to mentionned before, I do think that the Events annoucement are not showing up in the chat. As I did thought that probably the supergroups could have an upgrade for things up around: Having more spaces for new members since the limit is 500 and people likes being, sometimes, in the same supergroup with all the characters they have.

Another point to consider is the Supergroup Mail. Despite having many characters in the same supergroup since I play Champions Online, I do want to see only 1 Mail being sent instead receiving 1 mail per characters in that supergroup.

So, I wondered if they will fix the bugs that they are in the games since Launch too?

I thank you for reading it.

P9iko0
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) #TelepathyNow? (Asked and Answered this LAST Ask Cryptic.. please review and address that response then before answering)

2) Hold Review happening? (Including PvP Confuse?)

3) What is the plan for future content releases? (Zones? Adventure Packs? Comic Series? Single Alerts?)

4) What is the plan for future Communication?

5) How many developers does Champions Online have currently? Specifically, where's Tumorboy, GentlemanCrush, and Splosions?

6) Are there plans for any changes in staff and/or leadership?

7) Are there any plans to improve PvP experience?

8) Are there any plans to update the powers systems for balance? (including remaking tier system pre-requisites and balancing powers)

9) What is the current plan for addressing game bugs reported by players?

10) How many teams are currently with Champions Online (environments, powers, fx, writers/lore, etc) and are they still separated in duties from each other?

11) Are you planning to release lvl 40 versions of lairs, Freon and Blaze, or any of the things promised in the last UNTIL report?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are there any new powersets planned for the near future?

Are there any plans to add new open-world content?

Is the lair review still on the schedule?

Are any of the previously discussed costume sets going to be released in the near future? (Ninja, claws weapon pack, etc).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    septemberistseptemberist Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now that CoX has been shut down, is there anything that you guys may have partially developed that was set aside that now might see the light of day?
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will the new telepathy powers be released anytime soon?

After Neverwinter's release are we going to be getting our dedicated devs back?

Will the nemesis creator be updated with the Earth and Wind Power sets?

Edit: With the mention of Star Guard from last year being possibly introduced, does that mean we'll be getting a Fighting Staff set?

And finally Can the old Grab Bags (The Mountain Grab Bag, The Cursed Grab Bag, and the Drifter Salvage Box) be put into the Questionite Store alongside the Nighthawk Grab Bag (aka the Utility belt)?
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    - New costumes coming out?

- Power replacers making a return, or at least the parts associated?

- Nemesis stuff getting some love?

- More stances and emotes?

...I think that's all I got for the moment. Suffice to say I'm a bit startled...Wasn't expecting this.

EDIT : Oh wait! Jeez I'm foolish...

- FOUNDRY!?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are there plans to ever have another sale on Lifetime?

Can someone please look at pet attack issues, as outlined in the Bug Reports forum? Specifically, the pets' tendency, when instructed to attack, to run up to the target and gaze at it quizzically, as if confused why the two of you are fighting in the first place?

Are there plans to create any new Powersets? Not asking about specific sets, necessarily, but might there be any more coming up in the future?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    greatzeorymergreatzeorymer Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's alot I want to ask, but how can one some it up in one post?

To be, and I hope Cryptic agrees with me on this, I see Champions Online as Cryptic's baby; their gem. Yes, Star Trek Online has been VERY successful and with Never Winter on the way things are gonna get interesting. So here's what I have to ask;

1) Will Champions Online be getting more devs for future development? I see the Lemurian event as just a 'start', for something bigger planned ahead. This means will be seeing more bug fixes, updates more often, such as new content, SG bases, Hideout updates, new costume sets and even powersets?

2) To tie in with question 1, costume sets and power sets. I made a thread in the past and I think this would be a good spot to bring it up here. Will there be new updates for anything along the lines of "Mech/Mecha/Super Robot" like powers? Even having additional mech/mecha costumes as well. From high tech, modern, to even fantasy style, there is a wide range of possibilities.

For now, this is all I can think of. I do hope, that Cryptic will continue to put effort into CO, to make it THE BEST hero game out there.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) Can we please-please-please do paint jobs on vehicles? Monetize it if you must (one paint bucket + 100 zen or something) but this is the deal-breaker on why I'm not excited about this vehicle system you guys are working so hard on and it pains me to see you wasting effort.

2) Will UNITY and UNITY 2 ever see updates so their missions are more myriad and unique?

3) Foundry? Can we have it? Please?

4) Are you guys worried at all about Legacy Device balance? i.e. being able to spam 5 Teleiosaur Pheremones to rofl everything or cause big problems in Gravitar.

5) Will power replacers ever make a comeback?

6) Any Comic Series or Adventure Pack in the near future?
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) One of the multiple complains among the veterans and the soon to be veterans is that they don?t have anything new to do after they get to lvl 40. In this context, in your vision, which approach are planning to follow:

a. Endgame progression
    b. Multiple leveling paths(more than we currently have)
    c. User generated content

2) Are there any plans to make lvl 40 versions of pre 40 lairs like stronghold or teleios tower? Those lairs are great work but they are pretty much wasted at this point.

3) Any plans to address the availability of Cosmic monsters so they are more available to groups while avoiding intense farming (maybe an instance version of them)?

4) Any plans to recover some lair/alerts that are not popular like sky command?

5) Have vehicles reach their final stage or there are further plans for them?

6) What is the status of Lair queues?

7) Is the MegaD event and the backups eventually coming back?
  • Options
    ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. What happened to those aura slots that were mentioned a while back?

2. What's going on with the Foundry?
  • Options
    thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I already know what the top questions are going to be so I'm just gonna skip over them and instead focus on the future. And by the future I mean content to be released or planned to be released this year so I'll just list them quickly.

Level cap increase along with new zone planned anytime this year?

Are we going to get better communication from our devs along with a much bigger dev team?

Any plans on putting a few former paragon studios guys on the dev roster? (I know there are some already there)

Any plans to introduce more former city of heroes players into CO? And by that I mean inclusion of new costumes, events, etc? I think they of all people here deserve to be mentioned after all they've gone through with NCSoft.

Any plans at all on release for Co's own version of the Foundry?

And finally
    When will the aura slots be available or planned to be since they are clearly programmed into PTS just not activated officially?

I hope my questions were respectful enough and civilized. Keep it classy.
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Once NeverWinter Night launches, will we have more DIRECT contact with the developers that are working on Champion's Online? As stated, we only have contact with Trail Turtle, who I understand is the community representative, but is NOT a DEVELOPER.

What will the future hold for Champion's Online, and will there be any sign of further progression involving story plot and lore, such as the Malvans, Mechanon, and more importantly, Doctor Destroyer himself?
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) Are we going to see level cap this year or at least in some near future??

2) Water powerset... yes or no??

3) The Steampunk Victorian Halloween event will happen this year?

4) Any plans for the return of the old power replacers and unlocks?? (NOT in drifter crap store??)

5) Endgame content??

6) When will we have a review in the "Ultimate" powers??

7) Telepathy review??? Will it ever happen??

8) Are we going to have some DEVS back after NW launches?? Please?!?!
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gonna go to left field with this one, because the rest of what I was curious about was already asked.

Any chance we'll be seeing a comic series any time soon? Is the idea even being batted around in the long term? The ending of whiteout hinted strongly about a further adventure, and I've been waiting patiently to see how that all ends.

Also, how about updated pvp gear? The cupboards are bare, and I was an avid pvper before the new gear setup was introduced. For that matter, what about offering Q for pvp? You can't deny that a good pvper is a lot harder of a fight than any lair boss.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why did you guys sell nighthawk hood in a condition that it could be used with any head type/costume piece and then later change it to be completely restricted to the "hoods" catagory? There were no clipping issues and it seems like a slap to the face of those who really appreciate costume diversity. Especially for those who love hooded costumes.

Will you EVER allow it so hoods can be used with all the other head costume pieces again?

I know it can be done, as proven with nighthawk hood when it was limitlessly usable with the other head costume pieces at release, and then changed after sales to be limited to only the "hood" category. And that should have been used as a major selling point, not removed and make it useless.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will we ever see a return of that mega destroid event and backup! device drops?

Will you ever fix perks that gave power replacers as a reward, which also included a costume? I know a lot of people who have no incentive to play due to not wanting to unlock the perk before the reward is fixed again to give the unlocks.

Will Open Missions/Lairs ever be fixed, and have their item rewards, if any, fixed? Namely costume drops from Therakiel's Temple, and the purple !st place prizes during open missions are reportedly missing ever since "On Alert!". And will Bullet Bound for Biselle Open Mission ever be fixed?
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What are the chances of having an open dialogue with the players?

There are a lot of assumptions and insinuations made on the forums on a day to day basis that stretch all over; will these be addressed in a more timely manner to prevent a spiral of chaotic doom-saying?

There are players who are not sure whether an LTS is worth buying at this time - will there be an effort to restore some player confidence in the future of the game?

What is selling well in the store? What is not selling well in the store?

How is our population doing?

Is CO making any profit?

What can we the players do to help CO, and what are we doing to hurt it that we can stop doing?

I know this question sounds antagonistic, but I couldn't think of a better way to word it and I'm genuinely curious; I understand the need for monetization, but it often feels like there are other options that could be implemented without going in what is perceived as the opposite direction of what players are asking for. What is the decision process that causes something like Vehicles to go from travel power type entity, that in an ideal world can also be used in combat (like teleport, or bat/bug swarm), and ends with a device that completely negates your hero's existence for the sake of the secondary objective, or taking something like crafting and rather than adding function like mods to our crafting system that already allowed us to customize stat options, and completely replaces said system?

If vehicles can do it, why can't Power Replacers function as slotted gear with special weapon mods allowing for damage type, aura, and damage amount?

Can you turn off the chat ban feature? It's simply not working and is in fact being used to hurt the community rather than protect it.
  • Options
    hipcheckerhipchecker Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) Any plans on improving the severe lack of communication between players and developers?
    2) Will Champions Online be getting more developers for future development?
    3) As of right now, Champions Online is showing all the signs of the game being put on life support by PWE/Cryptic. Any evidence to counter all the "symptoms"? ie. improving number of developers, communications, fixing bugs, and real solid content instead of "lockboxes" (I really do love Champions Online and I'd continue to put money in but as of right now I see no real reasons to come back and start playing again...)
    4) Aura?
    5) Exp Gifting?

If y'all ever need a healer for Gravy, don't be afraid to give me a shout. I'm always up for a lil gravy if I ain't doin' anything :)
  • Options
    crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    -returning of devs?
    -return of costume unlocks attached to pre patch gear?
    -content other then alerts/que missions?
    -new rampage boss (mainly the create a villain winner one)?
    -comics/adventure packs?
    -more vehicle customizations?
    -beast head love (hats, more variations (give me mah fox head), fix clipping issues)?
    -power reviews (and fixes)?
    -costume sets (havent seen one in a while)?
    -more emotes?
    -new power sets / archtypes?
    -ramp up of character creator?
    -alerts lvl requirements? (im sure your getting annoyed with all the posts about hating on lowbies in alerts)
    -different way of getting drifter salvage (such as spending globals or something)?
    -SG hideout?
    -content that doenst make melee useless? (gravitar 90% in danger zone: sky command useless: bleak harbinger wasnt helpful in chasing down the lemurian fighters)
    -role review/fixes
    -better drops for bosses? (hate getting 1 mod and 1 silver recog: doesnt feel rewarding)
    -unity mission reviews?
    -cosmic respawn times redux?
    -bug fixes?
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How I feel.

Question: What has become of the Lair Review?

Another Question: I really liked how Nighthawk and Police Chief Surhoff's APBs worked. Can we get something similar in the future, like randomized criminal activity hotspots in MC?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, and before I forget too...

ETA on a free art team for a certain piece of artwork? =D
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My feeling is that once NWO is up and running, Champions Online will basically be thrown under the bus as it were.

1... Are there plans to scrap CO?
    2... Will the XP "gifting" actually be done?
    3... Will there be anything done to the numerous mission bugs seen throughout the game? Bullet for Biselle is an example.
    4... Will there be any fixes and/or updates for Supergroups?
    5... Supergroup hideouts?
    6... Adding a button to allow a person to switch characters without logging out and back in? STO has this already.
    7... Fixing some of the costume piece bugs. Warlord bracers, when worn, will remove chest pieces as an example.
    8... Would it be possible to increase team size to 8 people? What about creating Raid-size groups of 3 or 4 teams.
    9... Adding a dedicated PvP zone? If you ever played LoTRO, you will know what I mean.
    10... How about updating the rewards for PvP missions and regular missions?

I would think that with the large maigration of former CoX players, that Cryptic/PWE would capitalize on this Champions in order to maintain the larger member base. This is even more important with the knowledge that Marvel's MMO will, more than likely, be a total disaster.

I, like many others, have put lots of faith and dollars into this game. I sincerely hope that this game isn't going to be scrapped.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The burning questions have been asked, so...

1) Has there been any consideration regarding giving LTS purchasers all the Veteran Rewards at once, like STO now does?

2) May we have some Vehicle vs Vehicle team battlegrounds?

3) Are Auras on the agenda for 2013?

4) Can we have Trailturtle pulled from his other games and become our own full-time Community Moderator so we can name him George and love him and pet him and squeeze him... *ahem* um, yeah... please? (Ok, that one is directed at PWE. Pass it along, will yah?)

:biggrin:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    rapshikorapshiko Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why are vehicles unable to modified visually? Are there any plans to create (visually) customizable vehicles? Why or why not?

Why do most Nemesis missions still have bugs present that have been so since the launch of the game? Is there any intent on fixing, revamping, or otherwise doing anything with the Nemesis system? Would you please give examples?
  • Options
    trinititetrinitite Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. Will we begin seeing new costume sets again, such as those that were shown last year with concept art?

2. Will hideouts be completed/fully expanded?

3. Is there a plan for endgame content as had been alluded to in previous posts with mention of Star*Guard and the potential raising of the level cap?

4. What kind of content can we look forward to in the near future, and might currently be in development?
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) The Foundry. It's seriously about time that you work on this for CO. It was mentioned in the past that we'd not get any updates for months because of all the work involved. Well...we haven't had any updates in months. Have you been working on it?

2) Actual communication with those working on CO. We've said it before, and we'll say it again - everyone going silent causes all kinds of problems in game and in the forums. It's time to actually, you know, talk to us like you said you would.

3) The Chat Ban System needs to be modified and BADLY, or else you need to give some money to an all-time GM staff that can look over these reports and get said bans removed IMMEDIATELY. Oh, and also start banning those who use said commands incorrectly in the first place.

4) GMs in general. The player populace KNOWS that you have nobody monitoring CO. GMs are a myth right now. They absolutely and totally do not exist, despite people joking about it in the past. You need GMs in CO, and you needed them 6 months ago. Oh, and you need to give them actual powers, too.

5) Auras. Please? Can we have them like now?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    siralleynesiralleyne Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've noticed the game's tone becoming more serious(which to me is welcome, its a blast), Demonflame and Resistance come to mind, and while campiness is fun, are going to see more 'played straight' stories like Resistance or Demon flame, given your ownership of the diverse Champions IP?

While 'Night Hawk's neighborhood' has been hinted at in the past, it seems like the community has been dying for new zones, is there a chance to see Atlantis, Hudson City,
    Arghrati, Shamballa, Haynesville Kansas or even more of Vibora and,Nighthawk's neighborhood not withstanding, even Millennium in the future?
  • Options
    dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    most of the questions i am cocerned about have been already asked.

so the questions that are burning me

1. when will you guys open on the editor for nemesis minions, i want to make my own minions, since i have TONS of designs from the char creator?, and i want to use my ideas

2.when are you guys going to making heavy weapons and single and duel blades models to show on our character and use some of the single and duals as heavy weapons?

3. does champions online even have a future since this is the first time that we have heard anything for WELL over a year?

4. will there be more hideout stuff?

5. do you guys have plans to advertise this game so we can get more people in here?

6. are new themed costumes going to be added? (ultimate ninja, archer, a cold themed set? etc)
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • Options
    blackyagamiblackyagami Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was wondering on the Nemesis system, would there be new missions? Or will some of the villains or heroes from those missions actually appear outside of the missions...and pop up in Alerts, or actual new storyline missions. (I.E. The Gargoyle, Lacuna and others)

And would we be allowed to use the newer powersets for nemeses.

And last but not least. Foundry. Sup bro?
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will The Foundry be added to CO?

Lair queues were a good idea that seem to have fallen to the wayside, are there still plans to include them in the game?
  • Options
    dagrekkdagrekk Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    Any new, actual zones which aren't instances for alerts planned for this year at all? Or ever?

Any new powersets, for example plants?

Will Telepathy actually be released?

Can we see some GM's getting hired to monitor ingame and tickets and GM-y stuff?

Find out more on WCOC News. :smile:
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are lair reviews on the table? If so, when and what can we expect?

Will anything be done to fix the most glaring balance issues combat-wise? Things like perma-immunity from eruption devices + revitalize come to mind.

Can we expect a new zone this year?

What is being done about the chat ban issue? At this point it is causing more grief in CO than good.

Can we expect a cosmic review within the year? Including updated rewards and possibly just as important... making it worthwhile for everyone involved and not just the team with the highest dps.

Will we see the Telepathy pass return to PTS and go live this year? If not, can we at least get Manipulator fixed so it actually works with all paralyzes/stuns/incapacitates and properly scales with INT?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When will the until report be updated on a regular basis?
    Will the SoTG ever return on a regular basis like we had been told it would be?
    There are a lot of costume pieces in the tailor that are either broken, don't have matching patterns, or don't work well with other parts, will these ever get addressed?

Can we get some more skin options that include skin decorations such as tattoos, tiger stripes, ect? Right now if you use something like jackets the only way to have the tiger/leapord art showing is to be a streeker, or use tight patterns which don't look the same, regardless of color anyone can tell they are tights and not skin.

Will the continous reports of the chat ban system being abused ever be addressed?
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With the closing of COH, is there anything you would want to export over but couldn't while it was open?

In terms of vehicles, what's next? Will there be new versions? will we get customisable looks? We were originally told only the earlier versions would be devices, what is the stance on that now?

DCUO has just now put out their home base content in DLC 6 as well as announced DLC 8 as super group bases. With that in mind are there any plans to add functionality to existing bases in CO or allow us to set them as super group bases?

The foundry would go a long way to add to this game, both mission and even hideout/base wise, any word on if or when that might be added?

My main is a Darkness user, but to be honest, it's never really been that dark both in hue or in terms of powers. Is there any possibility of this power set getting a visual revamp?

Speaking of power revamps, what ever happened to mentalist as well as the revamp of the Control powers system?
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What is Cryptic's big plans for Champions once Neverwinter goes live and they can put focus back on this game?
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A lot has been asked so lets see here:
    • Considering you have the Alert system, is there any chance another Burst type will be added? They tend to be rather hard to find when they're a daily and there's not much variety with only two there.
    • Aura of Radiant Protection defaults to being subtle and has a 0 point advantages to give it runes. Is there any chance that other similar aoe buff powers get the reverse in the form of an advantage that makes the effects more subtle?
    • Others have asked about Wind and Earth for Nemesis powers but will there be any other other upgrades ranging from options based off of Hybrid ATs like The Specialist/Night Avenger, to more personality types, all around updates to the power options they have getting adjusted and rebalanced?
    • There is a great need for high level content. However, are there any plans for an alternate plotline/leveling path for level 6-15? There's only so many times you can be just in time...to be too late in an alt heavy game.
    • Shall any attention be given to reviewing Roles and their role in the game? In a similar vein, will crowd control be looked at? Coming from COH it seems odd here.
    • Will any enemy groups gain interesting lateral buffs such as debuffs or controls?
    • Will lockbox drop rates be adjusted? In a similar vein, will any storyline bosses like Zoe Loft or Gigaton gain appropriate drops on defeat?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well. Late to the party. Apparently this thread was posted in February but oddly has no posts until today! Weird, how did we miss this? Most important questions have been asked and probably won't get anything even resembling a real answer but...

-Villain Contest Winners. Are they still getting their alert?

-This game seriously needs a lot of bug fixes. Even turning in missions is buggy now. Can we expect to see any more attention payed to bugs? Maybe even get to that list of Top Player Issues on the PTS forum?

-Missions out of order. There's a few spots where you get lower level missions that unlock only after you finish higher level missions or story missions that don't make sense if done before others as a result of the various zone revamps and big patches recently. Any plans on looking into that?

-Adventure Pack and Comic Series bugs. I know that Demon Flame bugs a lot but I'm sure there are other huge bugs in these. Could we possibly get someone to look into them?

-Does this game have any goals? Any goals at all, that they could realistically reach? Seriously. Give the dehydrated masses at least a sip of water here...
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are we likely to ever have less... Weaponised... Vehicles, which we can use for RP and theme purposes? A police cruiser, a police motorbike, a 'Mom's Jalopy, a scooter that is basically a Vespa in design, maybe a news reporter and police helicopter...

Because the vehicles we have kinda just make me think "supervillain". And as ugh, I have a tendency to make villains working to eliminate their competition.

And basic, land vehicles would bring so much to gameplay...
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I sincerely don't think any of my questions will get picked or answered, but hey. One can dream, can't one? :p

1) With everyone asking for this, that and the other thing....I simply want to know -why- it took so long to get some kind of communication from developers. Surely Cryptic's ENTIRE team isn't on just STO and Neverwinter?

2) This game is in serious need of some developer time and affection. Will it get that? Soon??

3)This one isn't so much a question as a statement. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us. Sincerely. I can't speak for everyone, but -I- appreciate some feedback.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Another question:

What do you feel about the current gameplay balance, including the balance between different powers, specializations, gear choices and even vehicle stats?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    -Any plans fixing/overhauling Nemesis System?(it's long overdue)
    -What is the next thing after the Vehicles?
    -What are the plans with removed weapon skins?
    -What about power effects for weapons (fiery swors, icey hammers, electric axes etc...)? This games major selling point was/is customising your hero, that should include weapons.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1- What are the chances of not only seeing the original weapons costume unlocks from before On Alert- but also some of the weapons NPC's and other models use (Like the Steelhead Assault Rifle and the Cyber-Ninja Sword) available?

2- Will we likely see an expansion of the current weapons costumes, especially the ones lacking- like claws and ego blades?

3- Have you tried that bacon jerky stuff yet? It's quite amazing.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any plans on making more beast themed costume parts or heads?

Will we be able to get the removed costume parts in a variaty pack 2 and 3 in the C-Store or Drifter store?

What about open missions? Will we get a new mission of the OM fails as suggested in the forums?

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
This discussion has been closed.