test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post Your Patriotic Heroes Here

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Costumes and Concepts
I would love to see ALL of your Patriotic Heroes and Heroines. And from every country. And, I guess, I also mean Villains, too, because not every Patriot is a genuine hero.

I will post a few of my creations shortly.
ZedBlock-200.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Piqsirpoq was an RCMP trooper, granted power by the storm and hunter spirit Qailqertang, and assigned to the Steelhead Division (currently on detached duty to MCPD):
    Piqsirpoq_zps22b18ec8.png

Meanwhile, Captain Americlown was inspired by a discussion a while back of clones, and the introduction by Issmir (of the Legion of Laughter) of the Clowns Not Clones initiative:
    CaptainAmericlown.png
    (This isn't actually the most recent version - I've replaced that star emblem on his chest with a Golden Age Star.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Finnish.
    thefinnish.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's Liberty Lad! Former teenage hero, and a core member of the Patriot Patrol, a New England-centered team of teen heroes and heroines.
    He's athletic, an archer, and an all-around American adventurer!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/costumeninten19libertyl.jpg/

Classic!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/costumeninten19libertyl.jpg/

Golden Age throwback! (sans quiver, couldn't really make it look workable with the Pulp Jacket)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/costumeninten19libertyl.jpg/

And a version of his modern costume, save for the brown boots and arm shield in the Classic look
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    A heroine costume I created but do not play. Feel free to use or abuse. She come in two flavors. Pistol Packin' and Gun Shy. Meet -

American Dream
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_American%2520Dream_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_363667947.jpg

And...

American Dream (With Guns)
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_American%2520Dream%2520with%2520guns_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_363668204.jpg

p.s. - I just discovered this week that the name American Dream was actually used by Marvel and is a female version of Cap. My costume is nothing like the Lady CA. And as I already mentioned, and is true of all my posted costumes, feel free to use her or use her as a template, change her name or her the colors and flag. All my costumes are super simple because I have an idiot for a PC. I can only hope that the costumes I make will still look good on a REAL computer. :redface:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Do patriotic heroes have to wear their country colors? Or just fight for the country, and follow all the rules?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    American Shield
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_American%2520Shield%2520-pomp_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_413076199.jpg

A modern American with a 1950s attitude. He even has a Pompadour to go with the costume and attitude.
    Think Superboy meets Ricky Nelson. <---- Was part of gosh and golly crowd in a 50s family sitcom.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Patriotic heroes, technically, only have to be heroes who are patriots. However, the term as used here kind of implies patriotic costumes, like Ger-Man over in the Capes thread, or my own Piqsirpoq.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited February 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Patriotic heroes, technically, only have to be heroes who are patriots. However, the term as used here kind of implies patriotic costumes, like Ger-Man over in the Capes thread, or my own Piqsirpoq.

Oh ok.
    well here are mine.

Here is mine

Power Tank
    CityOfHeroes+2012-11-30+17-24-07-49.jpg

Geberal PPD
    General+PPD.png

Hightland Avenger
    Highland+Avenger.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    cornivic wrote: »
    Do patriotic heroes have to wear their country colors? Or just fight for the country, and follow all the rules?

Not really. While I hope to see costumes that are designed to represent a nation, it's not a must do.

For example, Guy Wilhem... Absolutely nothing about this man says, This Guys is a German, except his last name. And further, his looks are rather Mediterranean. A rarity to Ethnic Germans, but not so uncommon as to be unbelievable.

In short, anything you say is a patriot, is a patriot. An old lady with a cooking pot on her head who wears a footed, red onesie and calls herself, The Red Tomato AKA Italy's Patriot, is a patriotic Italian, whether I see it or not. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ya beat me to it. :biggrin: Or, more likely, I took so long to write mine that you posted before I figured out what I wanted to say. :redface:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    creamymarinecreamymarine Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh, forums, long time no see, anyway, here is my only patriotic hero - Proud Eagle, a fully-rockety Power Armor toon

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123521571

This guy got made pretty much on impulse during a double exp weekend and I havent touched his costume since, I think I need to get back to him some time, any advice would be nice.

Bonus points from me if you recognise the country he is from (if it isnt obvious enough).

And if that don't work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My British themed character, originally from CoH; Great Hero:
    rFaYRwS.jpg?1
  • Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, how can I resist this?

Wearing the colors of the Chilean flag and named after the national bird...

Condor:

Condor3_zps1de9e1e9.png
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    like Ger-Man over in the Capes thread

And here he comes again. For unity and right and freedom!

8508779553_0f1115f3b1.jpg
    8509888158_493fa817f7_b.jpg
    8509508431_d4b256ed9b_b.jpg

I created him to be the mascot of a German SG, but that plan didn't get very far.
    The first costume is the original one. I made it before the cape costume pack came out, so the flag motif is on his shoulder pads.
    The second one goes for a homage to the ancient Germans. And that cape is perfect to sybolize tricolor flags, don't you think?
    The third uses the Bundesadler as a motif rather than the flag. The Nighthawk armor and cape are the closest I could get to it. Helps that there's actually no official standard way to draw the Federal Eagle - except that he may only have one head. Anyway, I tried to make the shoulder pads look as if the wings expand into them.

I also got another German and an American patriot superhero, btw. Comming soon. :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    8515214339_14cc261c04.jpg

This old gentleman is called Vater Staat. He was a soldier in the Freedom War of 1813 against Napoleon. After he mysteriously gained immortality from an ancient cult site, he swore to protect his country until the end of time.
    While he is rather old fashioned and favours monarchy over democracy, his loyalty is with the people before the government and law, which has put him into the role of an antihero more often than not.
    I created him as a potential ally for Ger-Man, should the customizable sidekick system find its way into the game.
  • Options
    dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    These are picked right out of my "A Character a Day" thread:

ENGLAND - BIG BEN
    BigBen.jpg

SCOTLAND - THISTLE
    Thistle.jpg

CHINA - CHINASTAR
    Chinastar.jpg

USA - THE AMERICAN WAY
    AmericanWay.jpg
  • Options
    dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And representing my own country:

CANADA

THE WINTERGUARD
    Winterguard.jpg

WILDWALKER
    Wildwalker-2.jpg

VALKYRIE ARMOUR
    ValkyrieArmour.jpg

Why Norse mythology in a Canadian Superhero? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Anse_aux_Meadows
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This old gentleman is called Vater Staat. He was a soldier in the Freedom War of 1813 against Napoleon. After he mysteriously gained immortality from an ancient cult site, he swore to protect his country until the end of time.
    While he is rather old fashioned and favours monarchy over democracy, his loyalty is with the people before the government and law, which has put him into the role of an antihero more often than not.
    I created him as a potential ally for Ger-Man, should the customizable sidekick system find its way into the game.

Rokuro, that means war and you know it!

I give you...

Doctor Oktoberfest!

2dl14c4.jpg

No matter if it is horrible mind-controlling folk music, super-soldier beer or experimenting on ancient German creatures of legend, this vile villain has only one goal:
    Bavarias independence from the rest of Germany!

In his conquest he is aided by his two most loyal henchmen:

Ba-Warrior, the Beer Berserker!

3qv4j.jpg

...and Alp Girl, who can carry 12 men as easily as 12 beer steins!

1q3jgm.jpg

Not to forget his loyal army of genetically-enhanced Wolpertinger!

2nw2mw.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hey Dinah...

Did you forget Redcoat Justice? :wink:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I call this guy British Pound. He'd be a punchy Might kind of hero if I played him.
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Pound%25203_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_354060047.jpg

Right now the only thing I really like about him is the pun. His costume needs a serious tune-up, but I created him back when I had a Silver account.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    An Indian inspired hero.
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Major%2520Manu_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_362685025.jpg
    The costume is based on the colors of the flag of India. His powers seem to be electric based but the source is still a mystery.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Storm of Justice - A Superhero from Ghana
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Storm%2520of%2520Justice%25203_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_404103322.jpg
    A Superhero at home, but often seen as a villain by some nations of Africa, he joined a U.N. sponsored Superhero group at the behest of Kofi Annan whom he admires greatly.

He has recently begun to use his weather control powers to bring rain to many of the drought suffering areas of Africa, but his powers are too limited to create any lasting solutions. Other heroes have promise to help him with the drought problem.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So here is Rugby in his patriotic outfit. I don't actually have any heroes specifically patriotic in theme, though a few of them have alt outfits that are.

rugbypatriot.png

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Not to forget his loyal army of genetically-enhanced Wolpertinger!

2nw2mw.jpg

I love that idea! XD
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well, how can I resist this?

Wearing the colors of the Chilean flag and named after the national bird...

Condor:

e2291d5b-1b06-428b-8e98-a838c884f440_zps5c3fc659.jpg

Oooooh, shiny. I love the shiny. :biggrin:

I wish I had a better 'puter so that I could tell if my stuff was as nice. :rolleyes: plus :redface:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Okay, I like the Wolpertinger, but it looks like the German wiki is saying Try again.

With all that the costume creator can do, it does not offer a proper fluffy bunny head. :frown:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Woop I love patriotic heroes. Here are mine. Thought I'd have a little fun with it. Click the image for a larger version.

AmericanHeroes_Small.jpg
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    apac69apac69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    screenshot_2013-03-02-16-17-06_zpsf84ca88d.jpg

SovietMissileEditorialName_zps9f2daa3d.png
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Liberty Lass

bfdb96cd-44f3-4003-9f62-1f0336d79664_zps758df5a5.jpg

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

kharma23 wrote: »
    Liberty Lass

Liberty Lass <3 yup I've always been really fond of that costume.

Though to be fair I love Condor from the Baroness as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Liberty Lass

Nice outfit, very cool. I love the Crisis for VB it's awesome.
  • Options
    genuinex015ugenuinex015u Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mabuhay Pilipinas!!!

Long Live Philippines!!!

This is my Filipino Patriotic Hero......Solar Knight!!
    With 3 alt costumes

s_k_s_p_a_by_resolute015-d5wobbz.jpg

s_k_by_resolute015-d5wobm7.jpg

s_k_s_h_by_resolute015-d5wobsv.jpg

Come and check out my toons here!! http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221551

And for my artworks, check it out here!!http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223681
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Electric Avenue
    th_2013_01-Electric_Avenue.jpg

Engoulevent
    th_2013_01-Engoulevent.jpg

Tunguska
    th_Tunguska.jpg
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You probably know this guy.

430px-Ahem.jpg
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013

430px-Ahem.jpg
    Nope, who is he?

I am going to guess Canada Scot.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cornivic wrote: »
    Nope, who is he?

I am going to guess Canada Scot.

Awww come on!!! its Thundrax!!!! great screen shot by the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You're your own Nemesis!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You're your own Nemesis!

I actually have Thundrax's nemesis Zorasto as a toon. So when it came time to do his nemesis, I made it Thundrax. I had to get the arms folded shot for Thundrax *some* way.

Which turns Dockside Nemesis with Zorasto into a "heroes are tricked into battling another hero" scenario. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I actually have Thundrax's nemesis Zorasto as a toon. So when it came time to do his nemesis, I made it Thundrax. I had to get the arms folded shot for Thundrax *some* way.

Which turns Dockside Nemesis with Zorasto into a "heroes are tricked into battling another hero" scenario. :)

Heh, maybe we can get a team consisting of Zorasto, Lord Haywire, Asylum, Ignatius Spellfyre and the Doctor together for that? :tongue:
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Britannia is the patron goddess and guardian of Great Britain. A scion of Minerva, she rose to prominence and broke away from the Dodekatheon before the fall of Rome, and has been the patron deity of her island home ever since, ever-watchful and ready to defend it from all-comers. She is a goddess of rigid, unyielding honour and fair play, which she encourages in all dealings.

BritWar1-1.jpg

During the past century, Britannia has taken a series of secret identities in an attempt to empathise with, and better understand, those she has sworn to protect. Her current guise is that of Tania Wilson, Professor of Classics and ancient history at Magdalen College, Oxford. But when needed, she conjures up her Sceptre of Power, strikes it upon the ground and transforms into her true self... Rule Britannia!!!

BritWar3-1.jpg

BritWar2-1.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Liberty Lass

Nice! Although, with all of that End-Of-The-World crisis going on behind your heroine I half expect a conversation like this took place.

Citizen: Can I get your picture Liberty Lass?

LL: Um, me? Now?

Citizen: Yeah! It's for my little girl, you understand. You are her favorite. And I just think that you are a great role model for her. We need more strong, level headed heroines like you leading the way.

LL: But Therakiel is on the verge of destroying the world, if I don't --

Citizen: }}}FLASH{{{

LL: { blinded and stunned by the camera flash }

Citizen: Thanks, Liberty Lass. You're the greatest. Just one more as back up.

And that is why we have a picture of Liberty Lass, taken during the VB Crisis, looking pleasant, yet a little stunned and also quizzical.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IRON CANUCK MARK II, 'nuff said.

ironcanuck_zps091f42f2.jpg
  • Options
    xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IRON CANUCK MARK I

ironcanuck3_zpsbc2cf5b5.jpg

IRON CANUCK HEAVYGUN MARK III

ironcanuck2_zpsbf3f971e.jpg

IRON CANUCK CYBERARMOR MARK IV

ironcanuck4_zps92831b6f.jpg
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Originally created so I can use Flag Speed (After play decided to have it as second travel power) then went for Power Armor power set (Have not played PA before)

screenshot_2013-03-03-16-56-45_zpsab3ac63b.jpg

Result is guy in a Red White and Blue suit of Power Armor.

I notice some indoor shots make metallic texture characters more shiny.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Woop I love patriotic heroes. Here are mine. Thought I'd have a little fun with it. Click the image for a larger version.

AmericanHeroes_Small.jpg
    I didn't notice this until just now, but Avenger and Brigade look like they could be related. Well, I mean, if hair care and costume parts make two heroes related.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A long time ago I made this in a bout of silliness:

Wombatman!
    Wombatman.jpg

Also Bold Eagle from my Archetype thread:
    BoldEagle_zps7af185db.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    And may I introduce, more-or-less direct from 1944...

Captain Freedom!!

CaptainFreedom_zpsa2ca2fd6.png

CaptainFreedomback_zps5b7859a6.png

Capt. Sam Johnson, of the Army Air Corps, was another of the people selected for the Army's experimental supersoldier program during WWII. He was reported MIA during a raid on a Nazi bunker in Austria; in fact, he had run afoul of the mysterious Chronos, who moved him from 1944 Austria to 2013 Millennium City. Now he's trying to get a handle on a world that has abruptly changed around him. One constant remains, though - there are those with powers and special weapons who will use them do to harm to others, and Captain Freedom can still work to defeat them.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    A lot of Captain Somethings in the hero biz. Might be a Major or a Sarge, but I can't think of any Lieutenants or Generals. I don't count General Disarray. :biggrin:

I'm guessing that Captain must be the perfect rank for a Superhero. And I'm betting someone on this board can name all of the Superheroes with a rank attached to their name. And that list will appear in ...3...2...1.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    A lot of Captain Somethings in the hero biz. Might be a Major or a Sarge, but I can't think of any Lieutenants or Generals. I don't count General Disarray. :biggrin:

I'm guessing that Captain must be the perfect rank for a Superhero. And I'm betting someone on this board can name all of the Superheroes with a rank attached to their name. And that list will appear in ...3...2...1.
    Well, it's a rank that exists in all the services; Ensign Super would have to be Navy, and the Navy doesn't have Majors or Colonels. (I actually contemplated naming this guy Col. America, until a quick Google showed that Marvel had used that name in the Marvel Zombies miniseries.) Major Glory is a cartoon character; Major Force used to be a nemesis of Captain Atom, but I think he was killed sometime after stuffing a Green Lantern's girlfriend into a refrigerator. (It was small; he had to, ah, fold her a little to make her fit...) The only Lieutenant I can think of offhand was the rename for Captain Marvel Jr, because even Fawcett knew that was a stupid name. And General seems a bit overwhelming, although maybe if I'd gone with my original idea of just having this guy as a WWII survivor of appropriate age, General might have made sense.

Besides, there's a lot of precedent for Captains in comics, starting with the original... :)

(I had actually been going to call him American Eagle, but it turns out that name's restricted. Somebody better tell the clothing company!)

On the third hand, if anyone has a better idea for a name, he's only 11th level - it's not too late to delete him and start over with the same costume...

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Well, it's a rank that exists in all the services; Ensign Super would have to be Navy, and the Navy doesn't have Majors or Colonels. (I actually contemplated naming this guy Col. America, until a quick Google showed that Marvel had used that name in the Marvel Zombies miniseries.) Major Glory is a cartoon character; Major Force used to be a nemesis of Captain Atom, but I think he was killed sometime after stuffing a Green Lantern's girlfriend into a refrigerator. (It was small; he had to, ah, fold her a little to make her fit...) The only Lieutenant I can think of offhand was the rename for Captain Marvel Jr, because even Fawcett knew that was a stupid name. And General seems a bit overwhelming, although maybe if I'd gone with my original idea of just having this guy as a WWII survivor of appropriate age, General might have made sense.

Besides, there's a lot of precedent for Captains in comics, starting with the original... :)

(I had actually been going to call him American Eagle, but it turns out that name's restricted. Somebody better tell the clothing company!)

On the third hand, if anyone has a better idea for a name, he's only 11th level - it's not too late to delete him and start over with the same costume...

No, no. You're good to go. I was half expecting some one to post a list like this. Or perhaps some data about the actual Rank of a Captain.

Not a Captain Freedom on the page. Surprisingly. Although, Amazon had a a book with it as part of the title.

Go. Have fun. Be - Captaaaaaaaaain Freedooooooooom!
    ZedBlock-200.jpg