Install Arc
Options

Epic gravbike fail

2»

Comments

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited January 2013
    I've lost all my interest in vehicles anyway.
    Not only because of lockboxes, but also because how poor is their execution.
    Especially grav bikes.

By taking away their visual customisation Cryptic/PWE simply made them completely undesirable for me.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,605 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    target1one wrote: »
    I wonder how the Cryptic/PWE staff would react if, the next time they needed to buy a car, or a six-pack of beer, or a package of bathroom tissue, the sellers told them "We have plenty in stock, but we don't sell them directly anymore, only by raffle. How many raffle tickets would you like, sir? They're only $100 each, or $900 for a pack of ten..." :wink:

I wouldn't really consider the $100 a price tag for a raffle ticket comparable to a multiple grand car. Considering that a car is actually worth something and the items we are gambling for is worthless bits of data.

Seriously, we should be able to spend a set price for an item and gambling should be an option at worst.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's actually pretty cunning marketing on their part, I'll give them that. The costs for the previous vehicles are pretty steep compared to most other things in the Z-store. There's no avoiding the fact that steep prices are going to push players away from buying them, so what's the solution? Place grav bikes in lockboxes that can be opened using low-cost keys. Lure players into thinking that if they're lucky, they can spend a small sum of ZEN to get their bike. Keep the chance rate low enough so that players will continue buying keys. Human nature tends to make us believe that our luck will eventually turn around when we're on a losing streak and it can be easily exploited for profit. That's how gambling-oriented businesses stay alive don't they?

What Vision said is true: Those of us who have been buying keys and supporting their business model of gambling only have ourselves to blame for this, especially those of us who were looking forward to purchasing a grav bike and not gamble for it. I myself have bought a few keys for the sole purpose of selling them on the AH for globals and I feel pretty bad now.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jennymachx thinks they're slick?:

It's actually pretty cunning marketing on their part, I'll give them that.

If by "cunning" you mean "sleazy and obvious", then yes. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    elasmiaelasmia Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    how good is the best jet when compared to the best tank or gravbike? and which is the best jet.

of all the vehicles i only like the jets (would have prefered clasic tanks with treadmills. hover tanks looks wierd to my eye) and the only one i like is the black one but i have no idea how it compares to the other vehicles.