test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, it's time to talk. You need to read this.

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Ladies and Gentlemen of Cryptic, I'm going to be as honest with you as I know how. My father taught me that genuine honesty is the greatest thing a friend can do. Are we friends? Don't know.

You should take a look at your forums. The only thing missing? Pitchforks and torches.

I'm a patient man. And I know you're on limited developer staff and you are working as hard as you can. The shortage of personnel and resources isn't your fault, it's PWE's. But you're the ones at work, and you need to read this.

Right now, this game looks EXACTLY like what most people thought PWE was going to turn it into. Quick cash-grab gambles and the game fading out and dying. Yes, I said it. And I will say it again.

Cryptic, it looks like Champions Online is in its death throes. I'm not even exaggerating.

Most people can see that, too. The reason they aren't saying it? Maybe they don't want to discourage you or the other people. Maybe they don't want to admit it, because it hurts.

And this is why:

Vehicles were an okay addition to the game. But ask your community, and 99.9% of them will say they would have rather had a new Comic Pack, a new series of missions, some kind of game content. Playable missions. Things to do.

I'm not saying the vehicles were a bad idea... but they weren't in the right place of priority. There are so many other things that need work- the Nemesis system, is, as it stands, a steaming heap of feces.

Bugs that you keep 'fixing' seem to be the ones people enjoy. The Nighthawk hood's 'bug' that allowed it to be used by anyone? Please, PLEASE tell me how this was a detriment. The female cyberpunk jaw, female Superconductor torso, Warlord bracer... just to name a few- these are problems in the costume/character creation system.

When it comes to 'clipping' and such, why not let US worry about that? Don't give us a pile of Lego's and tell us that we're building our castle wrong. I would like, and this community DESERVES an explanation as to why 'clipping' is a concern for the Development team and the functions of this game. This kind of thing pisses people off.

Content? What content? The Victorian London mission generated some excitement. As I recall, it was mentioned by Trailturtle that this was abandoned. Long after it had been abandoned, casually in discussion on the forums. With no word from any developer. There was no announcement. You can't come out and tell us that something is in the works and then just pretend we'll forget about it- ESPECIALLY when it comes to content.

This is the part where you need to take a SERIOUS look at what this community thinks of Cryptic right now. This is a BAD time to have the forums exploding with negativity. CoX shut down, and their first impression of CO is that you've turned your backs on us. I can say that if I came and saw this, I'd be out the door. Your grades are poor.

Is our money that we spend in this game going to other projects? I'm not even sure how that makes sense. Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC are all owned by Pepsi. If Pizza Hut makes a new kind of Pizza that is a success, Pepsi doesn't funnel those profits over to KFC and abandon Pizza Hut and cut their budget.

Are we getting Devs back?

Might be a good time for you guys to man the hell up and address us. Damage control and community interaction are good things.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Are we getting Devs back?

This. I want to know this so much. We need to actually test bugs, powers, and anything else in the PTS builds. Not trvial things such as "hey test out collection officers near all the npcs!".
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like your ceremonious and direct honesty. You'll go far in my book.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    cybersoldier1981 has keen eyesight:

This is the part where you need to take a SERIOUS look at what this community thinks of Cryptic right now. This is a BAD time to have the forums exploding with negativity. CoX shut down, and their first impression of CO is that you've turned your backs on us. I can say that if I came and saw this, I'd be out the door. Your grades are poor.

I'm one of the new CoXPats and I have to say, it DOES give that impression. I'm hanging with it month to month, but I'm not making any long term plans.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The reality is strong with this thread.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Whatever happened to the good ol' SotG's and UNTIL reports? I miss those.
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Someone find out Jack Emmert's email and give it to Cybersoldier so he can say that directly to the CEO of Cryptic. He needs to hear it.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is such a truthful thread it hurts. A couple of months after I go from Silver to LTS.

Cryptic PLEASE read this and reply. CO needs their Dev team back.
    edited December 2012
    arimikami has the experience:

Someone find out Jack Emmert's email and give it to Cybersoldier so he can say that directly to the CEO of Cryptic. He needs to hear it.

A lot of us CoX refugees remember "Life Under Jack" and that's what makes the impression all that more believable.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited December 2012
    A lot of us CoX refugees remember "Life Under Jack" and that's what makes the impression all that more believable.

Actually, Jack doesn't seem to be that bad any more. Maybe that's because he's not involved directly, or maybe it's because he really had turned a new leaf, but either way...

...Our Jack is Bill. Bill "Steering the Ship" Roper.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
    edited December 2012
    Yes, but Jack's "well, we've opened the game. Let's go to absolute minimum development and spend as little as possible from now on" business model still seems to hold sway. :wink:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    Actually, Jack doesn't seem to be that bad any more. Maybe that's because he's not involved directly, or maybe it's because he really had turned a new leaf, but either way...

...Our Jack is Bill. Bill "Steering the Ship" Roper.

Jack is still CEO of Cryptic. He's the one that makes calls on allocation of company resources. He's also someone that gets very excited about new projects like NWO and he plays STO. Take a moment to let that sink in.
    edited December 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    Jack is still CEO of Cryptic. He's the one that makes calls on allocation of company resources. He's also someone that gets very excited about new projects like NWO and he plays STO. Take a moment to let that sink in.

I knew he was CEO of Cryptic, and I'm skeptical of how much say he actually has in where PWE's money is going, but...

You know, this time I actually didn't think that out all the way. You have a point. I'm going to have to ponder the implications of this a bit further.

• gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can understand that some teams helps the new kid on the block, but I have never seen this help get back to CO. I hope PWE will be different than ATARI and when NWO is done, it will return the favor.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The OP is brutal with honesty...

Please Cryptic, let us work together to improve the game.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *edit
    Oh boy I should stop drinking and posting they really don't mix. I apologise I'm just flippin exhausted.
  • thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't worry supa fans, the foundry will save champions....

Lol.
  • underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They are not going to help us. There will be no more content. We are not too blame, but there will be no advancement. They have allocated staff. They have set priorities.

It's over. Maybe there will be a CO2 or City2. Either way. We had our run.

Yep, this is the very sad truth. The Cryptic business model is to push out a game and milk it for as much as they can while they work on a new game to do the exact same with. I'd be worried STO, your next.:redface:

The idea that we'll be getting dev support back after NWO releases is just wishful thinking. Cyptic is apparently working on ANOTHER project besides NWO already. Here's the "Top Secret" Proof.

Well, I for one won't be playing future Cryptic games. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. You get the idea.:redface:

Shame too, NWO looked like a fun game.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012

The boards are always filled with negativity, even when there is content put out. If I based my decisions on what I've seen on here, I would have never bothered with this game, which is funny because I actually like and enjoy it. The negativity has become such standard fare it's hard to take seriously. Yes the game has issues but people make it seem like it will shutdown tomorrow. I honestly feel like people are blowing things out of proportion, especially when we all know how tied up Cryptic's hands are in regards to balancing each of the games.

Doom and gloom, doom and glooooom.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lestylo wrote: »
    The boards are always filled with negativity, even when there is content put out. If I based my decisions on what I've seen on here, I would have never bothered with this game, which is funny because I actually like and enjoy it. The negativity has become such standard fare it's hard to take seriously. Yes the game has issues but people make it seem like it will shutdown tomorrow. I honestly feel like people are blowing things out of proportion, especially when we all know how tied up Cryptic's hands are in regards to balancing each of the games.

true, but now day by day the negativity is warentted. this is the only crytpitc game that has no devs talking with us. they made no attempt to even come in here and tell us this game has a future.
    just like sto, this seams more and more like our year of fail.

i just hope for the sake of this game they hire a good ex. becuse the current 1 isnt mkaing contact with us. i wish they would hire positron from city of. atleast he would talk with us. and get things done.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm still butthurt that they fixed the Nighthawk's Hood, since I got it the day it got patched >:(

And yes, I agree, the game does feels empty, broken, neglected...

*sad kitty out*

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The boards are always filled with negativity, even when there is content put out.

2 years ago the forums were a really funny place, very helpfull and with a lot joking around.

1 year ago it had changed and often when you tried to make a joke suddenly everybody jumped
    at you. Still there were alot of threads about builds and things like that.

Now you hardly find even threads about builds, and it looks as if most threads are negative.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I will wait till Neverwinter is out and if we dont get some dev love then I am going to open a can of non effectual forum ranting upon Cryptic. I not joking I will . I am serious about this >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yep, this is the very sad truth. The Cryptic business model is to push out a game and milk it for as much as they can while they work on a new game to do the exact same with. I'd be worried STO, your next.:redface:

The idea that we'll be getting dev support back after NWO releases is just wishful thinking. Cyptic is apparently working on ANOTHER project besides NWO already. Here's the "Top Secret" Proof.

Well, I for one won't be playing future Cryptic games. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. You get the idea.:redface:

Shame too, NWO looked like a fun game.

That "secret project" has actually been around for awhile now. I've seen it there since 2010. No clue how close they are to finishing it, might be something they are only dabbling in. :/

I wish and hope desperately that we can get some Dev time back. In the meantime... I'm thinking of playing other things until this game turns around... not sure yet. Will still pay my sub (have the 3 month deal), but we'll have to see.

Cryptic, you need to stop ignoring your games. This is an awful business model. We aren't numbers, we're loyal costumers. We aren't aren't asking for much. Communicate with us, let us know what is going on.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The devs don't have the ability to really put out good content, so we should stop asking them for new content.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    2 years ago the forums were a really funny place, very helpfull and with a lot joking around.

1 year ago it had changed and often when you tried to make a joke suddenly everybody jumped
    at you. Still there were alot of threads about builds and things like that.

Now you hardly find even threads about builds, and it looks as if most threads are negative.

Just my opinion, but to me, it seems like the community has changed more for the negative than the game. But honestly, if you wanna see a warzone of a community, check out the RaiderZ boards right now. The stuff people on champions board complain about are 1st world problems in comparison. Its a bunch of White Whine.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    Just my opinion, but to me, it seems like the community has changed more for the negative than the game. But honestly, if you wanna see a warzone of a community, check out the RaiderZ boards right now. The stuff people on champions board complain about are 1st world problems in comparison. Its a bunch of White Whine.

It's sad what happened to RaiderZ, that game really was a lot of fun. But then...come out of open beta, go live.... swarmed by hackers and gold spammers; and btw, it's probably not going to get any better. Let's all just be glad that CO didn't fall into the GG trap.

As far as the community here going negative... the problem is boredom. It's hard to be happy cheerful and positive when you're bored stiff. As far as "why not just leave?". I did that, was gone for a few months. Came back... now I'm steadily getting bored again. But not everyone here is like me, some of these people are as commited to a game as someone might be to their relationship partner; if the person you're in a relationship with slowly starts turning into someone who you're no longer interested in, are you the type of person to cut it off early, or do you maybe linger a little longer than you should have until that one big argument that finally motivates you to leave?

For a lot of folks, that's what's happening here. They started playing this game, that's so full of potential, and they fell in love with it. Hell, I'm sure a few people here had dreams of someday being an old fart and still hosting costume contests. Now they see what's going on with the game, and they're not sure if this is it... they're not sure if the game is just going to keep on like this, or if at some point it's gonna explode with amazingness. They don't want to risk that their leaving is part of that last crack in the dam that gets the game shut down right before things start getting good again.

Who can blame them for feeling a bit negative? They keep asking their lover "Hey... can we work on this?" and their lover responds with silence. Why do we even have the Dev Tracker section of the forums anymore?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    The devs don't have the ability to really put out good content, so we should stop asking them for new content.

Your sarcasm is too difficult for people to read. Think of highlighting it next time.
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    doom doom doom...
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    @original post

Finally someone else who has the balls to be honest! Im with you 100%
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This game was made by someone who was just canned from their job(Mr. Emmert) at another game company. It's an almost direct copy of it, as well. Sure, there's differences, but only enough to avoid lawsuits.

Redheaded stepchild, anyone?

To me, this game is a stopgap until City of Heroes 2 comes along. Well, it won't be named that, of course....but you get the idea. Once that truth hit home, I actually started to enjoy playing the game. Still hate the way it looks, though. I wish a different art style was employed in the creation of it, but hey. \

This game merely scratches the superhero itch for me. If it does indeed go the way of CoX....then I guess I'll move on to DCUO. Even though I don't like the way THAT game plays. Because...scratch the itch, y'know?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited December 2012
    clcmercy wrote: »
    This game was made by someone who was just canned from their job(Mr. Emmert) at another game company. It's an almost direct copy of it, as well. Sure, there's differences, but only enough to avoid lawsuits.

Funny, because the "company" you're talking about was Cryptic, and he seems to be pretty much in charge of it still. CoH was sold to NCSoft, remember?

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_%28role-playing_game%29
    edited December 2012
    Yes, tabletop came first. And CoX was based off the tabletop game. But it was STILL developed first. Therefore, it is the forerunner. Even though it got shut down. And yeah, that's right. CRYPTIC got canned by NCSoft when they bought out CoX. Which prospered greatly. Glad were the players when Emmert left and new directions and actual SUPPORT for the game was instituted. It didn't go eight years for no reason, after all.
    So..yes. In my eyes, this game will always be the redheaded stepchild of CoX, despite all your claims otherwise. Because CoX was developed in the video game market FIRST. Nothing you say can change that fact. Nor can you change the fact that Emmert made THIS game afterwards. Likely(this part is not fact, but speculation) made in spite.

Mr. Emmert is a great visionary, to be sure. After all, without his vision, we would not have -either- of the games that so many love. But.....his management of them leave something to be desired, or what I see in these forums and remember from the other game's forums about the man and his policies is totally erroneous.

edited December 2012
    clcmercy wrote: »
    CRYPTIC got canned by NCSoft when they bought out CoX.

Considering that was before my time on CoH, I really can't refute your opinion. Not that it really matters, because you seem to be ascribing malice where simple incompetence suffices.
    Which prospered greatly. Glad were the players when Emmert left and new directions and actual SUPPORT for the game was instituted. It didn't go eight years for no reason, after all.

Unfortunately I only got to enjoy it for a little over three years. :frown:
    Nor can you change the fact that Emmert made THIS game afterwards. Likely(this part is not fact, but speculation) made in spite.

Doubtful. If I can recollect, it was actually developed from the bare bones of the cancelled Marvel Comics MMORPG. Thus the reason it doesn't intrinsically follow the HERO rules system at all. And Jack, if he really wanted to be spiteful, could have refused to license the Cryptic engine for CoH.
    Mr. Emmert is a great visionary, to be sure. After all, without his vision, we would not have -either- of the games that so many love. But.....his management of them leave something to be desired, or what I see in these forums and remember from the other game's forums about the man and his policies is totally erroneous.

No dispute here.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I'm actually not making a point for you to take as a personal insult. But hear me out...

True Story: When my younger brother set out to build a custom swamp buggy (The deep south doesn't have dunes, but we've got mud!), he did all right at first and there were some problems later down the road. Eventually, the whole thing became a big mess- he had his priorities mixed up and didn't focus on the core project. I backed him, supported him, encouraged him, and had a lot of faith because I knew him and I knew his heart, and I love him dearly.

Cryptic is not my brother. When you look at what it is, it's a business that is providing an enjoyable service- much like a theme diner, an amusement park, bar, nightclub, etc. It's a business. This business, in these forums, has given us a voice to speak. I do have a degree of compassion and understanding for the situations of the developers. I do understand that they are people. But for all the compassion, I've paid for a service as a Lifetimer. I will be here until the end, and until my voice is silenced- I reserve the right to have mature critique of the product and service they provide.

I, for one, don't think PWE will wipe out CO like NCSoft did CoX. I do believe, that at the rate things are going... metaphorically speaking... this game will starve out instead of going to a chopping block.

There is no developer communication with the playerbase. The UNTIL field reports weren't just good teasers- they were word from the guys working that things were still happening, that they still wanted to make a good product for us. So far, Trailturtle is the last guy in the world I would ever want to be- I've been in military situations where the troops in my squad NEEDED information, assurance, and confirmation- and the guys above me were silent as a grave, or had ordered me to be silent about certain issues. It is a miserable position. Seriously, if Trailturtle lived in my town he'd never run out of beer and I'd deliver it myself.

You say the 'Doom!' song and I understand how that's how this may seem. But you have to remember- when people suspect the worst, and the people up the chain stay silent- it's almost confirmation of the worst. If this game were NOT headed down a dark path into nothingness, it's past due that the development staff send some word down to us and let us know that they're still making this game everything it can be. Otherwise, the 'Doom song' is on repeat and the volume is up to ELEVEN.

In simplest terms, and yet another metaphor:

When you are doing something wrong at work, your boss tells you that you're doing it wrong. If he comes along and pats you on the back and tells you how awesome you are at every turn, and that he thinks you're going to do great things- you will keep on doing the screwed up stuff.

Without a strong, reasonable, and sensible criticism of Champions Online, Cryptic, and Perfect World Entertainment- there is nothing preventing further unsatisfying, disappointing, and otherwise bad services and goods. Praising them at every turn despite the deficiencies isn't helping anyone- from the players to the decision makers.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually, we did get a little glimpse into the history of Cryptic, NCSoft, and CoX/CO, back a year ago or so, when Tumer was explaining why the files are named the way they are...

When NCSoft took over, they were at first going to maintain Cryptic as the developer for CoH. However, it became clear after a time that NCSoft wanted to create their own in-house studio (Paragon), and dump Cryptic. At this point, and rather behind the scenes, the folks at Cryptic began working on their new game, which at the time would have been in cooperation with Marvel and Microsoft. Since they didn't want their NCSoft overlords knowing about the new project (they hadn't yet been signed to a non-compete agreement, and wanted it to stay that way), they agreed that the project could never be openly discussed in the office.

Thus, all files relating to what would become CO were labeled "fightclub", because, after all, the first rule of "fightclub" is that you don't talk about "fightclub"...

Cryptic was not fired for malfeasance; they were fired basically for not being under the direct control of the home office in Korea.

(Incidentally, with the original project, first Microsoft pulled out, then Marvel, not thinking the project could be completed without MS money, pulled out. The MS participation is part of why this game supports XBox 360 controllers. Cryptic then found a way to keep the IP from being pulled away from them - they bought the Champions IP from Hero Games, and licensed it back to Hero for the tabletop game.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Actually, we did get a little glimpse into the history of Cryptic, NCSoft, and CoX/CO, back a year ago or so, when Tumer was explaining why the files are named the way they are...

When NCSoft took over, they were at first going to maintain Cryptic as the developer for CoH. However, it became clear after a time that NCSoft wanted to create their own in-house studio (Paragon), and dump Cryptic. At this point, and rather behind the scenes, the folks at Cryptic began working on their new game, which at the time would have been in cooperation with Marvel and Microsoft. Since they didn't want their NCSoft overlords knowing about the new project (they hadn't yet been signed to a non-compete agreement, and wanted it to stay that way), they agreed that the project could never be openly discussed in the office.

Thus, all files relating to what would become CO were labeled "fightclub", because, after all, the first rule of "fightclub" is that you don't talk about "fightclub"...

Cryptic was not fired for malfeasance; they were fired basically for not being under the direct control of the home office in Korea.

(Incidentally, with the original project, first Microsoft pulled out, then Marvel, not thinking the project could be completed without MS money, pulled out. The MS participation is part of why this game supports XBox 360 controllers. Cryptic then found a way to keep the IP from being pulled away from them - they bought the Champions IP from Hero Games, and licensed it back to Hero for the tabletop game.)

You broke the first rule XD
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2012
    A really well thought OP. And, sadly, a really true one.

But, frankly, at this point I'm only hoping for one of two things - that either DCUO makes something better from its chat system and a character creation, or there will be CoX 2, someday.
    Both are far more likely than any improvements made for CO.

I'm still enjoying this game, I'm not regretting any of money spent here, but as soon as any viable alternative emerges I'll be leaving CO with no second thought.

Right now, the best thing that could happen to this game is being bought by completely new developer. Which is even more unlikely than previous two alternatives.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    You broke the first rule XD
    Yeah, well, if Tyler Durden shows up I'll just punch me right in the nose. That'll show him!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

Thank you for that insight. That makes all the more sense now.
  • pikabko1000pikabko1000 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi there I am sorry to change the subect.[/I] I hate Champions online. Sorry I done my best
    to keep my mind open and I cannot go to a Cheap China Knock off. what I had been suffering is a cheap china knock off. its been rushed. too many short cuts.
    copy City of Heroes custume parts and isntall it in Champions online. Oh Come on!
    first off I want to beat the head of NC SOFT for breaking my freedom of rights to use what I had paid for. When I pay for it I use it its my property. I do as I please with it.
    one thing is trash Champions online disc in the trash
    Then I do need a update mod to do these functions to City of Heroes
    1)make a bootable archive of City of Heroes Freedom that I had installed in my computer
    when I do format. I should have all the game and the updates and the patches saved on DVD-R or DVD+R discs downloading updates and patches are no longer avalable must able to burn/ripp at 1Xspeed only

2)Fool the system thinking its on line when its not. so Ican play City of Heroes Freedom
    off line

3) update my level up to level 550 so that I can fight giant monsterclass
    4) enhancements must keep to to level 553
    5) able to change zones with out problems
    6)I do not care what NC SOFT CLAMES ARE OR THERE RULES ARE ITS MY COMPUTER
    ITS MY DISC THAT I HAD PAID FOR AND I WANT TO DO WHAT EVER I WANT AS LONG AS I AM NOT SELLING BOOT LEGS TO CUSTOMERS
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi there I am sorry to change the subect.[/I] I hate Champions online. Sorry I done my best
    to keep my mind open and I cannot go to a Cheap China Knock off. what I had been suffering is a cheap china knock off. its been rushed. too many short cuts.
    copy City of Heroes custume parts and isntall it in Champions online. Oh Come on!
    first off I want to beat the head of NC SOFT for breaking my freedom of rights to use what I had paid for. When I pay for it I use it its my property. I do as I please with it.
    1)make a bootable archive of City of Heroes Freedom that I had installed in my computer
    when I do format. I should have all the game and the updates and the patches saved on DVD-R or DVD+R discs downloading updates and patches are no longer avalable must able to burn/ripp at 1Xspeed only

2)Fool the system thinking its on line when its not. so Ican play City of Heroes Freedom
    off line

ITS MY DISC THAT I HAD PAID FOR AND I WANT TO DO WHAT EVER I WANT AS LONG AS I AM NOT SELLING BOOT LEGS TO CUSTOMERS

I know right !!!

I mean I totally paid my cable television subscription once or twice. Maybe even a few times. HBO belongs to me now !

Of course you are entitled to your opinion of CO (I thought poorly of COH myself and bought CO DESPITE my feelings about a development team that could produce COH.) and I wish you all the best luck in your attempts to continue to play the game you enjoy.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited December 2012
    If he takes that rant to his doctor, he'd probably be entitled to some Lithium, too.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd say 'shevlevel 9 achieved'.
    Loved to hear some more.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012

3/10. Response: Meh.

Try better next time, 'kay? :biggrin:

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2012

off line

I'm thinking mom should lock up all of the cutlery tonight.
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the good ol' SotG's and UNTIL reports? I miss those.

Same as with most things around here... They stuck with it for a little while, and then.... Abandonware. :frown:
    edited December 2012
    clcmercy notes both sides:

We should really never forget this amidst bashing him. Jack's not evil. He's a creative guy and a nice one. He's just incredibly out of touch with his player bases and so cheap he squeaks.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • ultimate2k12ultimate2k12 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is my opinion of Cryptic, Ive played both this and COX and this what I will have to say about the company, I think that its a very poorly run company. Here is why, I remember when they sold COX and Paragon studios was made and given to Positron, what happen the game go so much better. They was putting out content left and right once Jack and Cryptic had left. Many of these same post I seen when I was over in COX. I think that Jack bit off more than he can chew. He taking on Projects that he dont even have the manpower to do. COX for the longest time was lacking in Content. He was so busy trying to nerf and sit here and tell people that games should he challenging, missing the fact that this is a MMO, not a single game for the Xbox or PS3. Me I am hoping for someone else to make a new game. I am hoping someone make a mutant and mastermind game or a new game because cryptic has always been known to slow to adapt much like my Chicago Bears Offense!!!!!
    edited December 2012
    A really well thought OP. And, sadly, a really true one.

But, frankly, at this point I'm only hoping for one of two things - that either DCUO makes something better from its chat system and a character creation, or there will be CoX 2, someday.
    Both are far more likely than any improvements made for CO.

I'm still enjoying this game, I'm not regretting any of money spent here, but as soon as any viable alternative emerges I'll be leaving CO with no second thought.

Right now, the best thing that could happen to this game is being bought by completely new developer. Which is even more unlikely than previous two alternatives.

This. Ever so much, this.

Yes, I'm actually enjoying the game now that I've come to accept it as a stopgap only.
    Yes, I still would drop it at the barest mention of something else coming along that -might- be better.

This discussion has been closed.