test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions: Laws, Ethics, or Moral rules?

brolleunbrolleun Posts: 1 Arc User
Does Champions have a book that covers the laws, ethics, and morals of it's universe?
Post edited by brolleun on

Comments

• Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not that I know of, though Champions Universe may have a little legal information...

I would imagine laws would be similar to our current ones with some additional ones for "super" crimes. Perhaps a more powerful world court for world threatening crimes...

Ethics and morals are dangerous waters to tread. Best to leave those up to the GM...

:cool:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    brolleun wrote: »
    Does Champions have a book that covers the laws, ethics, and morals of it's universe?

I don't know if the newest iterations of the rules still do, but the first couple versions of the hardback certainly did. Champions Universe was, I think, less relevant in terms of laws, although Dark Champions did a wonderful treatment of ethics and morals. Worth checking out, in any case.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sanmerci wrote: »
    I don't know if the newest iterations of the rules still do, but the first couple versions of the hardback certainly did. Champions Universe was, I think, less relevant in terms of laws, although Dark Champions did a wonderful treatment of ethics and morals. Worth checking out, in any case.

:eek:

I can't believe Dark Champions slipped my mind. Staring at my copy right now...

He's right. Definitely worth the read...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The general approach to handling legal, ethical, and moral concerns in the Champions Universe has pretty much always been to rely on extrapolation of the real world.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    tenebrisnoxtenebrisnox Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    brolleun wrote: »
    Not sure if it's what you are looking for in terms of ethics and morals (but I'll guess they're pretty similar to Real World ones) but the Stronghold sourcebook (which I do not own in case you'd need buyer's advice or something) details the law in a superhuman inhabited world. Hope I helped.
  • Options
    rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While not dealing with Champions specifically, Law and the Multiverse (http://lawandthemultiverse.com/) a blog that discusses the legal implication of comics and a few television shows. It's very fun.
    a
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The chapter in Champions Universe titled "Superhumans and the Law" describes a number of relevant legal issues as dealt with in the United States of Champions Earth. The Stronghold sourcebook delves into the subject in much more detail, again focussing on the United States. Not surprising, since the guy who wrote both books, Steve Long, is a lawyer. However, these works deal almost exclusively with the law, not really discussing matters of ethics or morality.