test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why vehicles should be unbound and freely tradeable.

keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
THEY ARE NOT OUR VEHICLES.

The vehicle models in the game are uncustomizable save for powers, power colors and stats. They will always be the same urban camo or brick or arctic or other generic color.

Until the vehicles are color-customizable and able to be personalized to a character's concept, I think vehicles should not be account-bound.
Post edited by keikomyst on

Comments

• Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But they're not account bound until you equip them...

If they don't fit one of your character concepts, don't equip it...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yes, because turning into a Destroid robot/werewolf/vampire/Chaos Demon/crappy excuse for magical Power Armor totally fits my character concept, but when I don't want to do that anymore I can still trade it away.

AND... if they weren't account-bound, a friend who wanted to try a vehicle out before buying one might have actually bought a Prototype Jet. When he learned they were account bound, he swore to never buy a vehicle. Ever.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Being able to "customize" a vehicle with mods and then give it to a friend would be pretty awesome. Its like having a become device I want to share with my friends.

But its the new source of revenue in the game so in order to make sure everyone buys them they make them bound to account.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Fair argument with the income, but I still think that people being able to freely trade and equip and unequip and trade jets again (or loan them out to people who want to try before they buy) would help create more demand for them provided they're most impressed.

This wouldn't even be as much of a problem if the Z-Store was available on the PTS and I wouldn't even be all that upset over account binding, but now there is absolutely no way to try a jet before you buy it.

Well, that's a lie. I guess a friend could give you a vehicle and you could copy your character to PTS and try it there and give the vehicle back, but good god that is a horribly roundabout and inconvenient way just to TEST something.

I didn't even buy a tank with Zen. I bought a Ridgeback in the AH for 1250 globals and thought I was getting a deal since most were going for 1.5k-2k.

Nope. Only three attacks, no room for utility powers. I'd love to have given it to someone else or sold it back (complete with defense and support mods!) but noooooooooooo.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Being able to "customize" a vehicle with mods and then give it to a friend would be pretty awesome. Its like having a become device I want to share with my friends.

But its the new source of revenue in the game so in order to make sure everyone buys them they make them bound to account.

Technically, I believe you can mod them before equiping, and almost everyone that won won from the store or drifter or lockbox is trading them for Gs, so that about halves the revenue, by the logic that one person buys, then gives them to another for G so he/she doesn't have to use money, in all, someone does by them, but they still get traded for either G or items.Coming back to the OP's topic now, I think that this would be cool, for those who bought something expecting some certain attribute of them, and do not want said vehicle anymore.
  • Options
    kulchatilakulchatila Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im agree, let vehicule be like become, become are not bound to acount and vehicule are.
    If i have the power to become other thing, and stop that by be able to trade the become device out self acount. It not normal to have a device that become to vehicule have to be bound. Self power can be trade but not a vehicule? You dont see the BUG, or a bad idee out of sence?
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It would make a lot of sense to make them like other Become Devices. You could even mod them all up and then sell them for more, a form of crafting trading where you save somebody the time to get it all upgraded and they pay you handsomely for it (or visa versa).
  • Options
    supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So it's about ?15.00 to buy a z-store vehicle.
    Or about ?60.00 to (guarantee) getting the cheapest one from the drifter store
    Or a ????.?? gamble

AND IT'S BIND ON EQUIP/LOCKED TO ONE F'ING CHARACTER???!?!?!?!?!?!

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

I was pissed after the crafting unlocks and other previously free device and costume pieces went in the drifter store as legacy random bags, and the Become Celestial was 200 Drifters Salvage, but this.

Seriously why do I even bother.....
    edited November 2012
    So it's about ?15.00 to buy a z-store vehicle.
    Or about ?60.00 to (guarantee) getting the cheapest one from the drifter store
    Or a ????.?? gamble

AND IT'S BIND ON EQUIP/LOCKED TO ONE F'ING CHARACTER???!?!?!?!?!?!

I was pissed after the crafting unlocks and other previously free device and costume pieces went in the drifter store as legacy random bags, and the Become Celestial was 200 Drifters Salvage, but this.

Seriously why do I even bother.....

Ok for one thing, what I have highlighted in red is incorrect. It's BtAoE (Bind to Account on Equip)

Also it's not all bad, Perfect World (read: not Cryptic) has reimbursed me for mine when I was polite, clear, concise, and firm in wanting a store-credit refund for not getting the product I paid for initially when it was in the final/live release. So "why do I even bother" comments are just undue negativity, honestly. (not that there isn't reason for negativity with some things, but it's not all doom & gloom if you're a proactive person)