test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance November 1, 2012

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited November 2012 in Super News Network
The dev team is heads-down on upcoming content, so there won't be a patch or C-Store update for tomorrow. There will, however, still be a maintenance -- both Champs and STO need some Cryptic-wide maintenance, at the normal time of 7 AM PDT.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Intriguing. Can you give us a hint as to the nature of this content? No specifics, obviously, but are we talking new zone, new alert, new holiday event of some sort, or what?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Carrier Defence. What else could it be....
    Or it could be the Fridgemagnet and Fierycrotch.....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Intriguing. Can you give us a hint as to the nature of this content? No specifics, obviously, but are we talking new zone, new alert, new holiday event of some sort, or what?

Your asking for details on future content?. . . Lololololololol.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

The UNTIL Carrier Defense and new Vehicles. Based on PTS reports, that's what they're working on. Once those come out, the Telepathy update.

Maybe, if we're really lucky, we'll get both at the same time. Based on PTS progression though, I don't think so.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    alphazero322alphazero322 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The dev team is heads-down on upcoming content, so there won't be a patch or C-Store update for tomorrow. There will, however, still be a maintenance -- both Champs and STO need some Cryptic-wide maintenance, at the normal time of 7 AM PDT.

You guys are seriously not paying attention it says no patches all that stuff you asked for would require a patch ........sheesh.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,070 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    The UNTIL Carrier Defense and new Vehicles. Based on PTS reports, that's what they're working on. Once those come out, the Telepathy update.

Maybe, if we're really lucky, we'll get both at the same time. Based on PTS progression though, I don't think so.

Pity, I was hoping for telepathy before this vehicle stuff. :confused:
  • Options
    outofworkeroutofworker Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok.. check this....

Suppose Dr. Destroyer makes some SUPR-MEGA-Destroids and they attack Champs HQ in groups of 3 at a time...

Then we could team up to fight them, with say.. I don't know,,, maybe the Champions THEMSELVES show up to help us?

wouldn't that..... wait.... WHAT?

/sigh:cool:
    ~ Life is too short to take seriously ~
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »

I hope that fierycrotch is a travel power
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Posts: 78
    edited November 2012
    is it up? or not?
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Doesn't look like it...I keep getting stuck at the "connecting login" screen after entering my username and PW.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You guys are seriously not paying attention it says no patches all that stuff you asked for would require a patch ........sheesh.

Says the guy not paying attention to realise they were asking for hints at the FUTURE content that TT even referenced that you quoted.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012

LOL who said its for Champions could be content for Neverwinter :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Errrr, did I get the time wrong or is the server still down 1 hour after the stated end time for maintenance?
  • Options
    andromeda9899andromeda9899 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What about those takafons treasure chest?
    Are they permanent?
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are they permanent?

i will be mighty angry if they did get removed... i just bought keys to open them. worst gamble ever.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Errrr, did I get the time wrong or is the server still down 1 hour after the stated end time for maintenance?

You got the time wrong, the scheduled end is in another 2 hours, but they did take it down an hour earlier than the loader said and 2 hours earlier than the first post in this thread says
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Are they permanent?

And remove something that seems to bring amounts of cash to the company?
    The name may change, but i doubt that.
    But makes me wonder how on earth all the mobs have aquiered tons of Tako's Caches...Cheapass fudges, atleast get some keys and open them..sheesh...Maybe theres a bigger plot behind these "Lockboxes"???
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    oh for pit sakes why is it taking so long.. :mad:
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    konamzki wrote: »
    oh for pit sakes why is it taking so long.. :mad:

Cause the hulls been breached and the science is leaking out! :O
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, in the last month we have gotten...

-2 travel powers, one of which is a basic reskin of another. I won't be a jerk, both the shadow wings and the skull are actually kind of cool.

-Lockboxes, an apparently permanent gamble bag.

-Unlocked costumes and items we used to have, in the form of a gamble of the aforementioned gamble.

-A re-used, tired, and generally boring Takofanes event that hasn't changed anything except the drops.

-2 Be-critters most people don't care about.

All I can say is that I hope Neverwinter is some kind of epic game. Otherwise...

-Where is a new costume set?

-What about adding customization to the vehicles?

-A Comic/Adventure pack?

What are you guys doing in there?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Maintenance is taking a little longer than expected -- I'll let you all know when it's back up.
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You got the time wrong, the scheduled end is in another 2 hours, but they did take it down an hour earlier than the loader said and 2 hours earlier than the first post in this thread says

Oh yes, my mistake, I thought it was a 2hr maintenance then realised it is actually 4 hours LOL.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    connecting to login server... energizer bunny keeps on going.. going.. going.. going.. ......... god they better put something good in c-store
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    konamzki wrote: »
    connecting to login server... energizer bunny keeps on going.. going.. going.. going.. ......... god they better put something good in c-store
    Well, you're going to be upset, apparently. TT told us in the very first post that this downtime was for system maintenance only, and there would be no additions to the store. (That's why I was begging for hints about this "content" that has the devs "heads-down" working on it.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    UPDATE: Unfortunately, this maintenance has run into some pretty serious issues (on the backend). The systems team will be able to resolve it, but the maintenance window has been extended to noon.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    UPDATE: Unfortunately, this maintenance has run into some pretty serious issues (on the backend). The systems team will be able to resolve it, but the maintenance window has been extended to noon.

Its all good TT gives us time to make grilled cheese and rant at each other on the forums :D

Thanks for deh update.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ok thanks imma go play my battle of the immortal a bit tell me when its up
  • Options
    menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    another 2 hours finding something else for my amusement

• Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good thing I cant play anyway right now... :biggrin:

Well, what just came to my mind. We are still missing:

(in chronological order - at least as far as I can remember)

- Updates to the rest of the Lairs
    - a new group Lair in Westside (I was actually hoping for Wayland Talos to get an attempt on revenge...)
    - a new mission arc in Monster Island/Well's Pass
    - Kenina Blaze and Freon II Rampage Alert
    - the second round of winners from the DAV contest
    - Vladic Dracul Halloween event
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Apparently their Takofane's Cache of Fixes lockbox contained a fix they didn't want. Just buy another key and try agai... uh, what? Oh.

:tongue:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Apparently their Takofane's Cache of Fixes lockbox contained a fix they didn't want. Just buy another key and try agai... uh, what? Oh.

:tongue:

Now here's an idea! :biggrin:

Bug fixes and new content are available when you open TrailTurtle's Cache of Fixes!

You'll be able to collect TrailTurtle's Cache of Fixes from almost any enemy, and it can be unlocked with the Key of Cosmic Power, available for 100 ZEN or ten for just 900 ZEN. Unlocking the cache will net you cool rewards, like fixed targeting, a lore tab, a bug-free Nemesis system or the super-rare 'New Content'!
  • Options
    shadowmen300shadowmen300 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmm... I would actually pay for that ... sounds worth it :biggrin:

Would be awesome to have the MegaD's open mission again... but ... a man can dream:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    But the Crappy RNG probably just gives 'Fixed word 'Sytsem' to 'System' ingame.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    But the Crappy RNG probably just gives 'Fixed word 'Sytsem' to 'System' ingame.

But you get Drifter salvage too! :tongue:
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It just gave me a chance to take a nap with my youngest. Now i'm well rested and ready to go when the servers come back up!
  • Options
    neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good thing I cant play anyway right now... :biggrin:

Well, what just came to my mind. We are still missing:
    (...)
    - Vladic Dracul Halloween event

Along with Black Fang and Baron Cimetiere, that would be nice. I'll probably make some players cringe but... From the time I played CoX, I remember a wandering boss, like a giant pumpkin which apparition was triggered (was it him or another one ?) by death of pumpkin mobs (I don't remember exactly).

I can see all the Vibora Bay invaded by a new "gang" while all the others are making a fragile truce to fight it off :biggrin: ok ok, I know : Wait for the next halloween, NEXT YEAR. :rolleyes:

But I'm a bit of fed up with Takos :tongue: And I read somewhere that vegetables are good for health...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkravenx99darkravenx99 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As a computer systems architect, I can confirm that there are all kinds of system maintenance that occur which have nothing to do with adding new features to customer-facing software. Keeping a big service running 24x7, especially a service with thousands of users, is a monumental task. Sometimes there are non-application related things that have to be done and are much easier to do, or can only be done, when the service is taken offline. Hardware migrations, database index rebuilds, operating system upgrades.

All kinds of stuff that's important to the guys who keep the thing running, but that's invisible to the customer... until maintenance is neglected and the customer-facing service breaks.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Along with Black Fang and Baron Cimetiere, that would be nice. I'll probably make some players cringe but... From the time I played CoX, I remember a wandering boss, like a giant pumpkin which apparition was triggered (was it him or another one ?) by death of pumpkin mobs (I don't remember exactly).

I can see all the Vibora Bay invaded by a new "gang" while all the others are making a fragile truce to fight it off :biggrin: ok ok, I know : Wait for the next halloween, NEXT YEAR. :rolleyes:

But I'm a bit of fed up with Takos :tongue: And I read somewhere that vegetables are good for health...

In fact we had a Halloween Event only for ol' Drac, probably to make up for the fact that unlike Black Fang, Baron Cimetiere and Val Scarlet he didn't even get to lead his own gang in the Alerts.

Here:
    stokeman wrote: »
    UNTIL Field Intelligence Report: 7-20-12

Terror in Time: Halloween Content
    - The villainous vampire Draycul Vladic travels back in time to foggy London to breed an army of vampires before the dawn of heroes?
    - Players will follow him to the past to thwart this plan, teaming up with the great ancestor of the current Black Mask
    - Rewards and associated content include the fashionable Victorian Steampunk costume set, Wolf Transformation Superspeed Travel Power and more!

(Apparently he also bought a 'y' so he can be rad... The old age is getting to him...)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately, maintenance has been extended. There's a chance it'll go as late as 2 PM (2.5 hours from now). This is a precautionary end time, we really hope to have Champions back before then, but it could be 2 PM before Champions is back online.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    [QUOTE=neandertalia;2622171From the time I played CoX, I remember a wandering boss, like a giant pumpkin which apparition was triggered (was it him or another one ?) by death of pumpkin mobs (I don't remember exactly).[/QUOTE]

I remember that from my City of Heroes days, long ago. Great fun. :biggrin:

http://cohvault.ign.com/images/Halloween/PKTall.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2012
    i.... am.... going... to.... sleep... almost 3am here in philippines... this sucks cya all :mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately, maintenance has been extended. There's a chance it'll go as late as 2 PM (2.5 hours from now). This is a precautionary end time, we really hope to have Champions back before then, but it could be 2 PM before Champions is back online.

My Dr. Newbton AF is lonely. We'll all accept a Dr. Destroyer Retro AF to keep him company though. :biggrin:

Dr. Newbton

Dr. Destroyer Retro

• Options
    tariser12tariser12 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think I goofed catching up on online comics, instead of playing Champions when I got my power back last night after two days. Oh well, 20/20 hind sight. LOL
  • Options
    neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In fact we had a Halloween Event only for ol' Drac, probably to make up for the fact that unlike Black Fang, Baron Cimetiere and Val Scarlet he didn't even get to lead his own gang in the Alerts.

(Apparently he also bought a 'y' so he can be rad... The old age is getting to him...)

*facepalm* And I didn't do it... I'm hopeless :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another extension? What happened? Did someone break the server or something?
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    no games for me tonight as it's already 9pm here.

Ugh, time to go play Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Killing Floor or something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    *facepalm* And I didn't do it... I'm hopeless :biggrin:

Dont worry, we had it... kinda. You know, almost. It was in the planning stage.
    The time machine was all powered up and stuff...
    Vladic Dracul, Mina Salem, Gabriel Black and Courtney Olmacher had their teeth sharpened, sun-block was ready, blood packs also...
    Clark Robinson had all the luggage distributed evenly on the Bloodgorgers...
    Marcello Bocchieri had to stay at home and watch the coffins, because he's been a douche...
    And then Edmund Cully comes too late for Halloween, because he's been flirting with underage teen girls again...
    ...t'was a pity.

...either it was like that or the planned event simply has been forgotten by the devs.
  • Options
    menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Extended....?
    no play for me today then u_u

• Options
    meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wanted to ask: in the worst case scenario, will we get a little extended time on the Q-Sale thing on the Cyber set?
    I've been saving Q all week, doing Alerts just so I could buy all the pieces, I'd hate to see the sale go poof before I had a chance to buy any...