Install Arc
Options

3 things you want thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1- A complete overhaul of the nemesis system.

2- Fair and balanced grab bags.

3- Complete removal of the player-controlled chat-ban system.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1 - Foundry

2 - All the content that already exists in the game, costumes, emotes and weapon geo

3 - More RP locations

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Foundry

2. More weapon models including invisible ones for use with glove-slot costume items that look like weapons (Mechassassin gloves, etc.)

3. Three words: Lee. Tosi. Alert.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    3. Three words: Lee. Tosi. Alert.
    Only if we can get Vizzone to do the voice acting... :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

/signed signed signed
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I feel kinda bad doing an "I want post" after reading that one interview on how hard it is to balance artistic freedom, revenue generators and players demand. However, I'll give you three lists of three:

Three things I want overall:
    • The Foundry - I *really* want to use it to tell some stories.
    • Sidekicks - It would be really nice to make your own superhero team like how STO has officers.
    • Randomly Generated Zones - Kind of like the exploration in STO. I imagine forests like in Skyrim or endless deserts filled with scaled mob encounters, rescue missions and random crafting nodes. Some place players could just solo alone if they wanted to.

Three Specific Features I want:
    • Lion Heads with Manes - Or at least more feline heads that aren't saber-toothed.
    • Mirror in cave Display Case -- An option to have something other than weapons in the cave display case. I love my cave, but my mystic abhors weapons. For some reason there's a little voice in my head that says I need a mirror in my hideout. ;) But even an option to have the display case empty would be nice.
    • Some level-scaled mob areas in MC - Sometimes I just want to grind between alerts while chatting. The now empty park next to the REN CEN would be a nice to put some level-scaled mobs. Especially if there was a chance of getting Q boxes.

Three Bugs I want Fixed:
    • Log-in Screen - I use steam so technically to just to play the game I have to log in three times (steam, launcher, and game). Whenever I switch characters I have to type in my PWE name and password. Ideally, I'd love to be able to switch characters without logging out. But at least just have it remember my PWE name.
    • Walking Bug - Sometimes NPCS are moved with no walking animaltion. It looks wierd.
    • "Master Villain Default" - There's a NPC in the thugs mobs with this name.

Bonus: Three things I love about CO:
    • The Character Customization
    • Based on an IP that is designed to draw out player creativity.
    • Awesome Devs and increased community engagement.
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Plant power set. I'm a little shocked that I'm the first to mention this.

2. Updated Nemesis system. Then Nem helps to define the hero, so it could use periodic updating. Since we just had a major over-haul, this should be updated as well.

3. Foundry. It creates greater involvement. The ultimate customization tool. It would be kickin' if we could create new costumes parts too.
  • Options
    vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012

That's it, that's my third. A Lee Tosi alert.
  • Options
    bigfoot765bigfoot765 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1 water power set

2 sg hideouts

3 more ground vehicles e.g. motorbikes,cars,hoverboard etc
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pugdaddy wrote: »
    1. Plant power set. I'm a little shocked that I'm the first to mention this.

i was at work :P

1. plant powers, if you were to completely rip off a certain game's nature affinity set, i'd be ok with that, water powers too. please rip-off liberally
    2. a new zone.

3. more costumes.always more costumes.
    bonus: elemental melee striking attacks. personal lightning storms are cool and all, but a punch with your fist surrounded in ice, or a cone aoe hook-kick with flame trailing your foot, I think those are thematically justified.

don't even have to be new animations, if you can throw convincing particle effects on might/martial arts moves, I think that would suffice.

basically, pwi, remember you have this game, an opportunity is coming up to poach the hell out of a game. I dont expect them to go willy nilly adding stuff that is untested and bugged, but this is a big chance for co, if pwi still remembers that it exists.
  • Options
    emeraldcrosshairemeraldcrosshair Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. A victorian era costume set

2. A new zone (maybe a city but less futuristic than MC)

3. A sound powerset.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. New zone
    2. New zone
    3. New zone.

Yes, you ARE sensing a pattern. :rolleyes:

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    • New Zone (Possibly city)
    • New powersets like water and plants that have been wanted for quite some time
    • New non-Vehicle/alert content like adventure packs and comic series.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Buy to play $15 free form slots.
    2. Team leader/solo level and mob scale slider at every instance entrance with a mob type picker.
    3. User friendly standalone demo_record editing tools/support.
  • Options
    mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Content. Nemesis system and Adventure Packs / Comic Series would be the easiest to develop quickly.

2. Bug fixes.

3. Increase the Arms, Science and Mysticism skill increases that are gained from fusing mods and from opening nodes.
    edited October 2012
    1) Ad campaigns and a marketing department (if it doesn't exist). When Rift came out, there were ads on every other public transportation bus in San Diego. I want to see a Champs ad there. And there should be commercials. Or other kinds of advertisements.

2) Tripple the staff for Cryptic. And they shouldn't all be working on NWN. Head hunt talent from other game making studios. The people who made tab-targetting work flawlessly? Hire them. All of them.

3) PW not to treat this game like a throw away title just there to suck money from its shrinking playerbase until the game finally dies.

It makes me sad to level a new character and see less than 5 people in each zone outside of MC and know there is only one instance. There used to be at least 4 instances of Canada on a regular basis. I remeber zone hopping/teaming with random people just to kill all of the couriers because there were so many other people doing the same mission. Now, there are 20 people in all of 1 Canada instance. Same was true of the Southwest. And both crisis zones.

And before you say "bla bla bla OnAlert", there aren't that many instances of MC either.

The ad campaign makes sure there are new people that come to this game, play it, and spend money on it. More staff means there are more people making stuff for this game to keep people coming back or from leaving in the first place. Don't tell me PW doesn't have the money to carry CO through the red while implimenting changes to make the game more long term profitable, because that's crap.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Have all my friends that left CO comeback

2. More Rampage alerts or create Cosmic alerts with all existing Cosmics

3. A girlfriend

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Well, with recent developments considered, the three things I think I would like are:

1. The head of the person who thought player controlled chat bans were a good idea on a silver platter with a little garnish around the sides. (will settle for leaving the garnish off if I must.)

2. Loot that I don't have to pay for.

and barring the first two:

3. a refund.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    There's plenty of free loot still out there. Heck, the other day I had to stop running around on chained quests in VB so I could head over to the vendors and empty my bags! All the Takoboxes I found took up exactly one of those slots, ergo there's still lots of things (some might say too many of them) falling out of monster-pockets.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Nemesis system overhaul.
    2. A Foundry system so we can make, share and actually have new content.
    3. A pink slip on Ivan's desk for Christmas

The first two are self explanatory and the third one you'll just have to trust me on.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. More 1-40 content (Will accept Foundry instead)
    2. A new tights pack
    3. Overhaul of some of the older content in a similar vein to westside, with greater focus on open world missions.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I didn't even know Ivan wore slips. Do you really think pink is his color, though?

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Guess I'll make my mark as well.

1. (Devs) Don't break things when you add something "new" to the game.

2. (Devs) Moar devs to play with!

3. (All) The stuff in my siggy, before they get sent to the forum graveyard.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Nemesis system overhaul (New missions, update the powersets, tweak the minions, add a couple more personality types etc).
    2. UI / responsiveness overhaul
    3. A moratorium on additional new content until the bulk of bugs are ironed out. Polish this game until it GLOWS!

After that, then there's a solid base for new stuff.

EDIT: I'd love for the Vibora Bay Apocalypse to be decoupled from the zone proper. i.e. you no longer have to complete the Apocalypse arc to gain access to the zone.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Post the 3 things you want the most in the game.

The 3 things I want are.

1: The grandfathered in players from the region blocked areas given their forum rights back.

2: Crush to fix the damage he did to PvP queues and the hero game vendors.

3: The removal of the silly silver player 250G limit.

This would almost be my exact list, except

I'm less concerned about the forums and more about the game, so I would replace #1

with actually fixing the Chat Ignore/Report system

and I don't mean another one of those "ya we ttly gona fix dat" posts from a dev

I mean actually fixing it
  • Options
    ruiijiruiiji Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1) More replayability. I don't care if it's new content, opening "one and done" lairs *and* adding better rewards to them, or the Foundry.

2) Better testing and release management: stop faux fixing or resurrecting bugs every. single. damn. time. You know, the old saying "an ounce of prevention..." really does work, Cryptic.

3) Fix PVP. Not a PVP player, but that group has gotten roflstomped in a bad way that reflects very poorly on Cryptic's idea of customer service. Honestly, it's unacceptable.
    edited October 2012
    1) Removal of the absolutely and utterly stupid player-run mafia chat ban system.

2) The Foundry.

3) More devs to do #1 and #2 ASAP.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I didn't even know Ivan wore slips. Do you really think pink is his color, though?

Nobody likes getting the pink ones, even if they like pink to begin with.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmm... 3 things...

Well, then I say:

1. Moving the development of the mentioned major content addtitions (Destruga, 'Hell's Kitchen' of MC, Moon) further up the list of priorities, possibly right after Vehicles and...

2. ...the introduction of a new, improved, and fixed Nemesis system, if possible with taking inspiration of the various related threads on the forums, where a lot of good ideas have been posted.

3. ...and a 'Gangnam Style' music video starring Dr. Kaufmann. (starring Lee Tosi in the infamous elevator scene.)

...what?
  • Options
    nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    • Foundry
    • 15 minute lockout for premature exit from an Alert.
    • Something to do with all the XP my 40s are earning which is currently being wasted.

I've a number of other things I'd like, but those are my current most-wanted things.

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ohh yeah, thought of 3 more.

Some new Emotes would be nice. I really liked the boom box from COH that had about 20+ different styles of tunes to choose from. New and different un-bugged power sets.
    More zones for both pve and pvp.
  • Options
    johhotajohhota Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. The Foundry (with support after added even if it takes 3 - 6 months for new content)

2. Sidekick system (with full power choices even if I have to buy a sidekick slot that hopefully isn't as badly priced as the freeform slot)

3. More hairstyles please or at least open up some of those NPC only ones you have.
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    1) Removal of the absolutely and utterly stupid player-run mafia chat ban system.

2) The Foundry.

3) More devs to do #1 and #2 ASAP.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

My list is similar, except it STARTS with -

1) Spend ONE ENTIRE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE FIXING ALL THE BUGS - to INCLUDE the absolutely and utterly stupid player-run mafia chat ban system. That is NOT a feature. That is a BUG!

2) The Foundry

3) MORE DEVS for the reasons stated above. And give them their own section of the forums for people to talk to them in and ENCOURAGE them to communicate with the players!

(I could have listed "The FOUNDRY" as all three of my choices - and only half-jokingly, but the game is so badly broken right now that BUG fixes have to take priority #1! And that is so very sad...)