test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 things you want thread

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Post the 3 things you want the most in the game.

The 3 things I want are.

1: The grandfathered in players from the region blocked areas given their forum rights back.

2: Crush to fix the damage he did to PvP queues and the hero game vendors.

3: The removal of the silly silver player 250G limit.
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1: free beer
    2:kate upton
    3: more costumes that are not hi-tech.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ok ill play!

1) Content! (new areas/missions/adventure packs/comic series - anything else isnt content!) Theres been less content added to this game in 3 years than most games get in 1!

2) Support the questionite store instead of abandoning it! (Adding year old items and charging a much higher price - like the haloween becomes - ISNT supporting it!)

3) Remove the stupid 250g silver limit - it hurts golds/lts as much as anyone as either they have a small market to sell to or have to sell at lower prices
  • som3one1som3one1 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    For me it will have to be:

1. "Real" content like a new zone/adventure packs. Not alerts, or equally disconnected stuff.

2. The foundry so its possible to build/play more interesting missions.

3. New powersets
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    • Foundry
    • Level Cap Raise
    • Proper story driven content (I. E. new zones, adventure packs/comic series, etc) at a level of "difficulty" the average player can enjoy.

The big things I want, in no particular order. Notice, they're all technically content related.

Also, the bug fixes we've been getting lately are nice. In terms of things I'd like to see not stop, that's a pretty safe bet.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Give us more better chance for getting 4 Slots Gear
    2. Fix Backups more better then garbage...
    3. All listed under my profile...
  • man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. A new zone ( give new players and old something new to do)
    2. Things in the game like hideouts, the nemesis system and PvP getting finished and fixed. (To many half finished things will stop new players hanging around)
    3. The dev team to be expanded rather than shrunk (For the game to grow we need a team to support this growth.)
    1. More ACTUAL missions. Alerts are fine, but it's all too easy to point at them and say they're end-game, the final thing that needs to be added to. I'll admit, it looks easier to add new content onto it than with a mission chain, but it feels hollow without the story.

2. Foundry. If we can write our own storylines for fellow players, that will be BEAUTIFUL. You guys can work on Alerts, and focus mainly on the multiplayer aspect, while the players themselves write their own storyline missions and whatnot, with the best of which being Featured from time to time. That would pretty much solve everyone's gripes right now.

3. PvP fixes. Sure, there's dueling, but honestly... I ENJOYED the cage fights in PvP. I was never a big min-maxer, still the case in all honesty, but it worked in a superhero setting, it worked in a MMO framework, and it just worked. We need to make PvP equally viable to do, and the main problem with that is that nobody goes into the PvP menu since many aren't even aware of it's existence if they're new, and there's no need to go into it if you're doing Alerts unless you want to quickly Join All. Incentivise it! How about... Questionite or Recognition drops on player foes in the Games, preferably the latter since it makes sense on the basis of "being well known for being capable of taking down person X".

4. Vehicles that aren't particularly dangerous or are equipped with loads of weapons, are simply just another travel power that explodes and disappears if you enter combat. My vigilantes basically want a beat-up old car to cruise around in.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • maysiasmaysias Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My FIRST post, now to get to business:

1- A FREAKIN REAL CAPE/MANTLE COSTUME CHOICE. SEE PICTURE
    http://www.deviantart.com/download/119211541/evl_batman_by_ErikVonLehmann.jpg

You theme Nighthawk as the great hero you see above, but give them a silly blanket to run around with? Atleast make it a stance, if that is possible.

2- Increase of level cap

3- Another social spot to hang around, Club Caprice is the main thing. Theressa's bar got some attention, but a cool and not too big lounge would also do. Not the one that is in Club Caprice or so, that one makes me think I am high and on a bad trip due to the change of lighting.
  • crusader3025crusader3025 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Post the 3 things you want the most in the game.

The 3 things I want are.

1: The grandfathered in players from the region blocked areas given their forum rights back.

2: Crush to fix the damage he did to PvP queues and the hero game vendors.

3: The removal of the silly silver player 250G limit.

1: I know and understand why they region banned players, however, I do not agree with it. Simply put, you're LETTING a few bad apples ruin the batch. [sarcasm]Good going [/sarcasm].

2: I don't PVP, was only ever partially into it. I'll support it, even if it means only one other thing (or one thing in general) was actually fixed.

3: I don't know why the heck they thought this was a good idea in the first place. If it isn't outright removed, at least add something in the Z-store to remove the limit on a Silver-account. You did that with STO, you CAN do that here. (And it would do better here, since there's actually stuff in the friggen game WORTH getting the limit removed for, UNLIKE STO).
  • ofarmerofarmer Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was going to post a list but this one beat me to my top 3.
    som3one1 wrote: »
    For me it will have to be:

1. "Real" content like a new zone/adventure packs. Not alerts, or equally disconnected stuff.

2. The foundry so its possible to build/play more interesting missions.

3. New powersets
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mine are:

1. Better rewards for missions. Harder the work, better the pay, right?.

2. Fix the bugs! Really, there is a lot we can do, but most of it is broken, out-dated and this is silly.

3. More content. That means more/better hideouts, the foundry, a better nemesis system... etc, etc, etc.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Here are my top three. There are more, of course, but these will really push the game over the top for me:

1. This Foundry, with the capacity for missions to be flagged as Nemesis, PVP, or for specific Secret ID professions and Origin types. The best missions will be adopted and further developed by Cryptic with custom anims and cutscenes.
    2. Greatly expanded nemesis system. I've said plenty on this elsewhere.
    3. New emotes. I've also said plenty on this elsewhere.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Expand the leveling paths as well as giving real content.
    2. removal/less focus on lockboxs/grab bags.
    3. Tailor expanded, the skin decor (tattoos and such) given their own layer. This would allow players the option to use tattoos/animal patterns with the different shirt/skin tights styles. (Such as curves or the straps)
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i'll bite,

1. HUGELY expanded Nemesis system with customized minions, better villian types, more missions (makes no sense for a magic hero to build a death-ray) etc etc

2. More content,(on the line of more content i would honestly put in the option of being a villian and expanding the world be a HUGE amount and making it able for open world pvp. and bugfixes this is a HUGE one, there are STILL bugs from beta kicking around

3. Foundry (self explanatory)

all 3 of these are things that champions DESPERATELY needs and soon
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Higher Level Cap....40 is just to low now(anyone can get there in less than a week or two, even with casual playing), maybe make it 60 or something.

2. More Content....This can mean, multiple leveling paths, another Zone, Etc. I do not count Lockboxes and things you can buy as new content, unless they are Adventure Packs or something like that.

3. Better Customization....What I mean by this is make it so animal skins, tattoos, etc. have a seperate layer. Make more Beast Heads and such(this also means muzzles,ears,tails,skins,etc.). Make certain things work together as they should. Stupid things like only Males can have serpent skin on their heads is just stupid, especially since females can access all serpent skins BUT the head one. Maybe a few more color options and so on.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. New REAL playable content aka New Zones
    2. More Nemesis Quests also fix all the Bugs
    3. More Unity Missions or things like that.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1 - Foundry with Nemesis capabilities.
    2 - New power sets.
    3 - New environs available for Foundry. If you won't give us new content, let us give it to everyone. Build the zone models and let us work'em.

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. 250g cap taken off for silvers when they get a character to 40.
    2. A new Motorcycle Vehicle with actual wheels/Harley Davidson decorum.
    3. A foundry system that lets you make detailed cut scenes.
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Most of the things I would have to say are things I have already seen other people saying, but to re-iterate at least two of the points:

1.) Foundry.

2.) I think as far as new content is concerned, at this point, nothing short of a full new explorable zone will do. No Alerts, no Adventure Packs, No comic series. Something akin to VB, and larger.

3.) This may be where I differ from everyone else (and something that is probably not going to happen ever) I'd love to see a graphics overhaul for this game. It just doesn't cut it for me anymore, especially not when so many newer games look so much better, even STO, running on the same engine and coming out less than a year after CO, looks infinitely more attractive to me.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1- Foundry of Course
    2- Level cap raise and new zones, and team based content, lairs, and endgame content.
    3- New emotes, stances and a redo on bestial legs, or at least other options like lupine legs.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1) Foundry. For serious. Give it. CO has a dearth of content. Let us make it for ourselves.
    2) More zones/lairs and the much-needed lair review.
    3) Review of power buffs/debuffs to improve cross-framework synergy. Things like Shredded on Shred, Bite needing work, Earth ditching Stagger for Disorient, etc..
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1 - Level cap raise, preferably in conjunction with:

2 - New zone. Moon would be cool, particularly if it could include an intro to:

3 - The Star*Guard.

4 - A steampunk pony. :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • louisfrienddrn#8375 louisfrienddrn Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. To stop seeing the same threads by the same people in the forums over and over and over and over and over and over and over again (i.e. "Region Banned this and that blah blah blah", "I got chat banned for this and that blah blah blah") and to see the end of threads that incite constant bickering (i.e. "This * fill in the blank* stuff is killing the game blah blah blah", "RP people are this and RP people are that blah blah blah") so that when people look at our forums to see if they would like to start playing this game it doesn't look like this community is full of rude jerks. (Based on personal experience with trying to get a few friends to join the game with me.)

2. End the "coming down on Cryptic/PWE" garbage. They are doing a fantastic job IMO by getting us new content (regardless of what it is even if you have to pay extra to take part in it) on a regular basis (even if it causes a few bugs). I have been totally happy with what they have provided and do not look a gift horse in the mouth. *Please refer to point #1"

3. A fix for alerts so users can't log out or leave the group (I know the could still use ALT F4 to exit the game) or put some sort of penalty for leaving (like an abandonment de-buff that reduces stats for a specific time frame or one that will not allow a player to loin and alert for a specific time frame.) Also it would be nice to penalize people for not participating like standing at the spawn point the whole time and doing nothing.
    "I have never questioned the orders or the intelligence of any representative of the Federation. Until now." - James T. Kirk
  • lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Content
    2. the removed stuff put back in game.
    3. Series 2 action figures
    1) New content (Level cap raise, The Foundry, new Zones, new emotes, etc)

2) Moar bug fixes (Nemesis, tailor, missions, etc)

3) Remove the limit so silvers can get more than just 250g

4) More cake
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've learned not to want things i can't have.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    barnhouse wrote: »

3. A fix for alerts so users can't log out or leave the group (I know the could still use ALT F4 to exit the game) or put some sort of penalty for leaving (like an abandonment de-buff that reduces stats for a specific time frame or one that will not allow a player to loin and alert for a specific time frame.) Also it would be nice to penalize people for not participating like standing at the spawn point the whole time and doing nothing.

In addition to all the good stuff suggested before, I'd like 1) For people to shut up about wanting to penalize alert leavers. As long as there's people who spend the time leeching or otherwise contributing absolutely nothing except dying horribly several times on each and every pull, I can and will leave. I don't do it very often, but once in a while, I like the opportunity to be allowed to without being punished. 2) People who leech to be punished. i.e. stand at the spawnpoint doing nothing, or just using their energy builder to avoid being called a leecher.
  • bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. The Foundry
    2. Remove Freeform and add Multiclasses like in CoH
    3. Sidekicks
  • underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1) I want the current development team working on Champions Online to triple(if not quadruple) in size so that everyone else's top 3 are even possible to accomplish. I mean, only getting one lousy busted mission/alert a month does leave quite a bit of room for improvement.:mad:

2) I want PWI to finally make a damn choice. Either invest in Champions and let it grow, or drop it into MMO purgatory so we can move on with our lives. I'm SICK and TIRED of playing this wait and see game.:mad:

3) I want them to DESTROY ALL the BECOMES, along with the Becomes tech. I never want to see it used ever again. Becomes are the whole reason why we are getting a CRAPPY vehicle system. CRYPTIC, STOP TAKING THE PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION OUT OF THE GAME!!:mad:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1) I want the current development team working on Champions Online to triple(if not quadruple) in size so that everyone else's top 3 are even possible to accomplish. I mean, only getting one lousy busted mission/alert a month does leave quite a bit of room for improvement.:mad:

2) I want PWI to finally make a damn choice. Either invest in Champions and let it grow, or drop it into MMO purgatory so we can move on with our lives. I'm SICK and TIRED of playing this wait and see game.:mad:

3) I want them to DESTROY ALL the BECOMES, along with the Becomes tech. I never want to see it used ever again. Becomes are the whole reason why we are getting a vehicle system. CRYPTIC, STOP TAKING THE PLAYER CUSTOMIZATION OUT OF THE GAME!!:mad:

I like this list. Especially number 2. I kinda feel like they may be 'bleeding' it now with the advent of lock boxes.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. New zone with new content: ideally, this would be another urban zone, with a low level area (possible for new PCs), a level 20-30 area, and a level 35+ area.

2. Level cap increase, maybe just 5 levels.

3. A new power set, such as plants or shapechanging.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Foundry
    Just because Cryptic doesn't seem to do anything content wise for us anymore.

2. Make content rewarding so teaming is fun again.
    If we can't have Foundry, then work on this. Once upon a time it was so easy to find teams for lairs and make friends from good raids. Now it is just about alert farming. Everyone else is simply a random PUG.

3. 250G limit for silvers have to go
    It's what cool developers would do.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,164 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    1) Hard content.
    2) Costume Creator looked over.
    3) Foundry.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. A free LTS (this one for me, not overall)

2. The imbalances in gender/costumes cleaned up - include a male-only set to balance out the Harajuku set for true equality.

3: Auction house needs a filter toggle/checkbox/etc. to not display costume unlocks you already have - nobody wants to sort through ten pages of Heavy Taiha and Tommy Gun just to get one Gravitar's Glove.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    New Zones
    Hold/Mez Review
    Critter AI update
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. account wide drifter salvage
    2. lifetime gets all vet rewards
    3. call Orkin and get rid of as many bugs as you can
    i want the foundry but seems not the time to fight that battle
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A bit of a departure from the theme: here are three things I would like to see in the next month (ie. by the time CoX shuts down) that I believe could be easily achieved in that time frame. These are mostly polish issues, except for the final one.

1. The "one minute remaining" timer in Dockside alerts needs to play at the proper timing.
    2. The log off to the launcher should leave the Perfect World name, not the Cryptic name, in the slot (provided you have a Perfect World account).
    3.The global limit for ATs should be raised from 250Gs to 999Gs.

If I could see any system that should require a moderate amount of coding implemented in the next month, it's an Acclaim to Questionite conversion system.

If I could chain the devs to their desks and feed them only bread and water until they gave me one thing I really wanted, it would be to take the emotes and stances that are already in game that we don't have access to, and put them onto the emote list.:) Given that CoX is so much richer than CO in emotes, I can't see CoX newcomers being very happy with that part of our game. If you need proof, look at what the characters can do in a friend's CoX farewell video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u9IFDGRp6tk#!

How many emotes here don't we have?
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Get rid of auto-mute.
    2. Get rid of region-lock.
    3. New Zones.
  • thecobra22thecobra22 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1 : remove the 250G cap for silvers (seems a popular choice :P) or at the very least up it to about 500G

2: allow use of one glove and one bracer in the character creation instead of having to use gloves or bracers!

3: in the nemesis system the 3 choices of nemesis type should alter the sorts of missions for that nemesis.building a giant death ray doesnt really suit a savage nemesis type etc etc.
  • aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    New emotes, such as actual "Sleep", "Kneel", "Lean" and so on.
    Re-design of all "Only one Material costumes" (Usually Metal).
    More Fantasy costume pieces.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."

2) More comic series.

3) More developers to make the above two in reasonable timeframes.

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1/ Bring back the option of going to Canada at level 6 on our alts.
    2/ Foundry
    3/ Remove silver 250G cap

4-6th would be
    SG Bases
    unlock the 'missing' emotes
    A motorbike vehicle

And a suggestion:
    Really loving the more interaction from the devs and recommend a way of engendering more would be a player driven CO employee of the month where the devs character get put on one of the billboards and as an AF.
    1) More zones.

2) More comic series.

3) More developers to make the above two in reasonable timeframes.

Gosh. Please no comic series.
    Cryptic needs months to create them and they have only 1-2 hours of gameplay.
    Thats not worth it.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. New content -- zone and/or adventure packs

2. New way to award level 40s for completing missions -- I'm thinking 200 questionite, but double resources would be something at least.

It's stupid to just drop the xp reward and give you the same resource reward for mission completion as when you were 39. I have tons of VB and Lemuria missions I could do on my 40, but why bother with the current rewards?

3. Foundry
  • xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. New Story Arcs - I call it story arcs because I want to specify that I want new missions, with new storys in new zones.
    2. Everything is Earnable - Anything available in the C/Z-Store I want a rare chance to earn it in game. This includes costume sets, costume pieces, Archetypes, Vehicles, Hideouts, Character Slots, Cosmic Keys (*shakes fist angrily*) etc.
    3. Foundry - I wrote my character bio, I even gave my first couple of nemesis' a story until I realized that no one could see it. If used the right way we can have tons of new content available to us, by us, for us in a short amount of time. New reasons to use Nemesis missions. New reasons to play as level 40's.
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The list of things i wish is long and even here often mentioned, it took me a while to pick the "Top 3" even if the most deserve to be under it, so here are they

1. Fixing ALL the bugs (Content, Nemesis, Costume Creator including the annoying bound to character stuff, etc.)

2. All veteran perks unlocked for lifetimer like in STO

3. More emotes like listed and shown by our all known canadian hero Thundrax.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• morpheuspw00morpheuspw00 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Actual
    2. Post 40
    3. Content

No, not the stuff you can access at low levels (comic series, alerts etc.). Actual, post 40 CONTENT. Oh, might as well raise the level cap whilst you're about.

Thank you muchly :)
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. More zones. At the very least 2. Maybe even a pvp zone, like coh used to have.

2. Fix the Bugs. All of them.

3. Nemesis missions. More of them.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. Actual
    2. Post 40
    3. Content

No, not the stuff you can access at low levels (comic series, alerts etc.). Actual, post 40 CONTENT. Oh, might as well raise the level cap whilst you're about.

Thank you muchly :)

/signed for all three.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. The removal of the player based chat-ban system.

2. Glitches in the costume creator fixed. Things like getting color previews when hovering on the right side, clipping issues to be, for the most part, ignored, and etc.

3. PvP Fixes. As my PvP friends tell me in very technical terms: Nothing works.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)