test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Griefing

gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
If only it weren't against company policy to post names..

Its lame in any MMO.. but especially so that it's come to Champions Online..

True griefers find their way around a simple ignore.. how do other players deal with them?
Post edited by gamehobo on

Comments

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's hard to say really. Griefing comes in numerous form from being passionate about different opinions to flat out harassment for the sake of harassing. Usually as you've put it they just work their way around things put in place to stop it or in some cases as is popular use those preventive steps to grief in different ways. Usually they say report these people but that rarely does anything. I wish I had some kind of advice to help but frankly I don't but god knows I'd be interested in finding out good ways to deal with it myself. A lot of people in game I'm sure would be interested in any helpful information posted here.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Remove the binky and grow thicker skin.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In my (soon) two years of playing this game I haven't met someone who was able to grief me.

Either I'm some sort of "I don't give a sheep" goddess of the internets, or I'm just lucky/oblivious to realise what people are doing :p

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I find the best way is to get your group of 10 or more friends/sg mates to all report spam them so they get muted. (Not condoning it for griefing, but counter-griefing usage is fine as far as I'm concerned.) Since harassment reports have never done anything to stem the tide, and will under the best possible circumstances just have the a**hole sent a warning email with no action taken against them.

Or ignore them, that works too. But I'm sort of evil. So I prefer the proactive approach.

Snark never dies.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    In my (soon) two years of playing this game I haven't met someone who was able to grief me.

Either I'm some sort of "I don't give a sheep" goddess of the internets, or I'm just lucky/oblivious to realise what people are doing :p

*pokes*

*pokespokes*

*pokespokespokes*

*pokespokes*

*pokes*

*scowls away*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »

True griefers find their way around a simple ignore.. how do other players deal with them?

Change zone-instance, map to hideout, drop team, place them on ignore, drop channel.

Depending on what kind of griefing we're talking about.
    Remove the binky and grow thicker skin.

Ah, gotta love the highschool mentality of some people. So refreshing. (Not.)

Do be sure to tell the manager handing you your termination papers that the people complaining about your behavior should "remove the binky and grow a thicker skin".

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    there is a difference between verbal harrasment and griefing

Verbal harrasment is easily dealt with and doesnt effect anything in game (can upset the player but has no effect in game)

Griefing is an in game act that has in game effects, such as 'kill stealing' duel spamming etc or say purposfully joining alerts and trying to make them fail.

'growing a thicker skin' does nothing against griefers as it doesnt negate in game effects
  • haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    report spam them so they get muted. (Not condoning it for griefing, but counter-griefing usage is fine as far as I'm concerned.)

It isn't fine as far as I'm concerned.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When the child acts out to get attention, you simply act as if the child is not there. The child only responds to attention, and any sort of attention will satisfy the child. If you act as if no matter how loud the child gets, or what it does- that the child is simply not there- it will go away.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When the child acts out to get attention, you simply act as if the child is not there. The child only responds to attention, and any sort of attention will satisfy the child. If you act as if no matter how loud the child gets, or what it does- that the child is simply not there- it will go away.
    "There were reporters when I got through Customs, of course, but not nearly as many as there had been at first. Once, as a kid, I spent a summer working in a mental hospital, and I learned an extraordinary thing; I learned that anyone, no matter how determined, whom you utterly ignore, will eventually stop pestering you and go away."

- Charlie Armstead, in Spider & Jeanne Robinson's Stardance

The closest to "griefing" I've experienced so far in this game is persistent invitations to duel; before learning to whitelist, I simply declined every single invite, and ignored any protests from the challenger. They all go away eventually, to pester someone else they might get a rise out of, because that's what they're after.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I tried ignoring the child, but the griefers kept on griefing. Also, I lost custody of the child.

If you want a method that actually works, stay on the move. Don't use zone chat, or local chat. Don't respond to challenges or invites, just move them to the edge of your screen. Keep an aggro dump handy. Never heal or buff strangers.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ignore them ,change zone or go to hideout .
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    The closest to "griefing" I've experienced so far in this game is persistent invitations to duel; before learning to whitelist, I simply declined every single invite, and ignored any protests from the challenger. They all go away eventually, to pester someone else they might get a rise out of, because that's what they're after.

I prefer the method of just standing there and waiting for the challenger to leave the area.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The closest to "griefing" I've experienced so far in this game is persistent invitations to duel; before learning to whitelist, I simply declined every single invite, and ignored any protests from the challenger.

Me too.

I thought of the not accepting nor denying the request and just sitting down and forcing them to leave tactic, but I had Purples to beat up.
    Straight up ignore griefers. They get tired after a while. If they are persistent, report them for harassment, but otherwise don't let them know they are getting to you. They will eventually get tired and move on. More often sooner than later.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i just tab out and play around on Facebook for awhile. They usually get bored and go away long before i remember that i was logged in and playing before Facebook trapp.. err.. mezmer... No, that's not it. Before Facebook distracted me.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i just tab out and play around on Facebook for awhile. They usually get bored and go away long before i remember that i was logged in and playing before Facebook trapp.. err.. mezmer... No, that's not it. Before Facebook distracted me.

This (PRIMUS Database.. not facebook) has been my tactic.

But the greatest commodity any MMORPG can ask for from it's patrons is time. This is a commodity I WANT to give Champions Online and they allow a small group of persons to take that way from them.

- -

Perhaps its because my SG actually plays as an RPG and integrates with the lore and is identifiable via our SG Uniform..? I really can't tell why players enjoy finding someone having fun and take it upon themselves to integrate themselves negatively into it..

Surely we could all get by speaking only in Hideouts and "sneaking around" in costumes that didn't represent our roleplay.. but I don't feel that me playing the game (the way it should be played IMHO) is reason enough to "accept" that people will want to **** on that.

--

If you play a roleplaying game as a roleplaying game (and aren't relegated to the ghettos of private instances) are you simply supposed to ACCEPT griefing?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »

I switch to Mentella. Nuff said :wink:
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2012

The unfortunate fact is a person sufficiently determined will not be phased by simple ignoring. They will escalate continuously to absurd lengths if they know they're bothering you at all, and if they're intentionally trying to bother you and have access to a method to do so, simply put, they know it. Not to mention, by NOT giving them a response at all, you're letting them know that they're getting to you, because the logical reaction would be to respond in some way.

People who are trying to irritate you really wont stop if they fully intend to succeed at what they set out to do. In fact, I've had dealings in the past with certain types of violent people, who upon being ignored for a sustained amount of time, escalated to a point of physical violence against me. I'd call such a person "mentally ill" if I believed such non-sense to extend past things like hearing voices, however it would probably be an insult to those who actually are mentally ill.

Thankfully, people can't physically attack you across the internet, but they will try the next best thing they can find.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The only griefing I have run into so far is those from Lvl 30 to Lvl 40 who seem to hide around the areas where anyone below Lvl 10 would go to start leveling up....to see if they can trick the newbies into dueling them.
    I mean I made a new character and walked out of the Powerhouse, a Level 6 of course and Bam, 3 duel invitations right away from 1 Lvl 35 and 2 Lvl 40s....*rolls eyes*....I just declined and went on with my business. Another new character I made was only a Level 8 near Kodiak and Bam, 5 duel invitations in less than 3 minutes....though a few of those seemed very familiar....none lower than Lvl 35 too.
    I am mainly too busy doing other things to hang around and put up with fools.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Whitelisting Duels should either be on by default, with a pop up message given later on showing people where it is to turn it off, or the Power House Tutorials in the dueling room need to point out the option very loud and clear.
  • shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    iamrune wrote: »
    Whitelisting Duels should either be on by default, with a pop up message given later on showing people where it is to turn it off, or the Power House Tutorials in the dueling room need to point out the option very loud and clear.
    I know about the whitelisting....I just sometimes get busy and forget to turn it on and I know Newbies have no idea about it....which is why my complaint about the fools who hang around waiting to issue duel invitations to newbies or those they think of as newbies.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
  • man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No, Neo, that's how Halo is meant to be played. This is an MMORPG. You do know what that stands for, right? And you did notice that "RP" is a part of the name? And "PvP" isn't?

I quoted this because it is succinct and truthful. Neo you play the game the way you want and I won't tell you what your doing is wrong let others play it the way they want or to put it another way stop talking from your rectum.
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Here's an idea.

Pay for my subscription, and for my C-store purchases, and I'll play the game however you perceive being the proper way of playing the game. Deal?

Don't bother engaging him. He's either a troll or so set in his prejudices that he's not willing to listen, or (for all his tough guy talk) answer his critics. Either way, it's going to require an effort on his part to grow up, and nothing we can say will accelerate it. He turns any thread he touches into a platform for his screeds, regardless of whether they're appropriate (like Xeno's thread on the state of PVP) and it's clear he's going to keep doing that. Ignoring him is the best option, as it is with most griefers.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Don't bother engaging him. He's either a troll or so set in his prejudices that he's not willing to listen, or (for all his tough guy talk) answer his critics. Either way, it's going to require an effort on his part to grow up, and nothing we can say will accelerate it. He turns any thread he touches into a platform for his screeds, regardless of whether they're appropriate (like Xeno's thread on the state of PVP) and it's clear he's going to keep doing that. Ignoring him is the best option, as it is with most griefers.

Personally I think he was showing us a great example for what we need to lookout for when it comes to Trolling and Griefing. and for that Neo I salute you.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    Personally I think he was showing us a great example for what we need to lookout for when it comes to Trolling and Griefing. and for that Neo I salute you.

Eh, I wouldn't call it a GREAT example. A MEDIOCRE example, maybe. Way too obvious and far to well grounded in reality for truly GREAT trolling. Needs to ramp up the paranoia and rhetoric quite a bit. There were no wild accusations. No claims anyone was out to get him. No evil plots to destroy the entire gaming industry. At no point in his post did I ever even entertain the notion that he was in fact a spam server that had achieved sentience and had begun posting on the boards.
    All in all a "C" effort at best.
    Now SHEV?
    There was a GREAT troll.
    I still look back at his/hers/its archived posts from time to time when I need to remind myself things could always be worse.......

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can't say i've ever really run into anything I would call true Griefing in CO some amateurish attempts sure but nothing outstanding. Maybe I'm just lucky but i suspect it has far more to do with the fact that I'm pretty antisocial. 90% of the time you'll be lucky if a spot a tell directed at me within a half hour of it being sent. even then it can take me a while to actually read it by which point any would be greifer has been left behind.

There is somthing to be said for the "grow a thicker skin response" these people crave a reaction not giving them a reaction is your first defence. Though If you need to vent on a private SG channel or the formites channel about them I'm possative you'll get plenty of support. But show the actual greifer nothing as far as you should be concerned they don't exist.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Yeah, I've seen repeated postings from neojin where he (or she) goes on an anti-RP tirade and finds ways to inject his anti-RP agenda into the discussion even though it has nothing to do with RP. When his blatant arrogance and bigotry is pointed out it just gets ignored, so why bother?
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Role playing games came out of tabletop wargaming in the 70's and became more popular in the 80's with D&D so it is not what I would call new. Emo is short for emotional and at it's best role play will involve some emotional content. I am over 40 and have been role playing since I was 15 and played some of the original role playing games on computers.

You may be untrollable in your own mind but I have to say I haven't seen anybody trolling you here just responding to your outlandish statements. You have a right to your opinions no matter how blinkered your outlook on life.

As for your comment about average persons view I would love to meet these average people because all I have met in 40 years of life are individuals who can't agree on anything on mass from music to politics so why would they all like roleplaying or PvP. I for one think PvP is just about a bunch of people trying to one up each other and that has as much appeal as attaching mouse traps to my fingers. I don't go telling PvP'ers they are playing the game the wrong way I just leave them to it. It is called tolerance maybe you should look it up but I suppose you would rather go beat up someone to prove your manhood even though it is just a bunch of pixels.
    Well said, well said indeed. :smile:
    edited October 2012
    Yep, bridge-dweller confirmed. Shrouding.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've played table-top role-playing games since 1981 !!

Gah! Not only am I old, but I am a loser, too.

I still play actual rpgs with my friends--in real life!

Someone call the emo police!!!

P.S. Can you really be emo when you are a 41 year old father and husband?

P.P.S. Can someone call the dream police, instead?

Good to see I'm not the only old-timer around here.
    edited October 2012
    P.P.S. Can someone call the dream police, instead?
    Sure, I can call the Dream Police. After all, they live inside of my head...

First exposed to RPGs in the late '70s sometime, when I ran across a friend of mine playing 1st ed D&D with some other folks, but I was in a hurry...

Then I got in on the formation of a gaming club in college in '84. Started with 2nd ed AD&D, then 3rd ed Champions, 1st ed Top Secret, Twilight:2000, Toon, a few sessions of Paranoia, some Traveller, I don't remember what all.

Started with computer games in late '86, with Pool of Radiance on a Commodore 64.

Have I established my bona fides now? :smile: Not a lot of emo going on here - too busy dealing with life, a wife, children, you get the picture.

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm like JonSills.

I got started in the late seventies as well, original D&D before the Basic / Advanced split. Quickly moved to Villains & Vigilantes, Champions, Marvel, DC, R. Talsorians' James Bond RPG, Gurps, West End Games' Star Wars, and so on and so forth. You name it, I've probably run it or played it.

I am forty-seven now, and I don't know much if I'm "Emo" or not, but I'm old enough to have suffered and survived a heart attack. Does that make me Emo?
    edited October 2012
    I'm like JonSills.

I got started in the late seventies as well, original D&D before the Basic / Advanced split. Quickly moved to Villains & Vigilantes, Champions, Marvel, DC, R. Talsorians' James Bond RPG, Gurps, West End Games' Star Wars, and so on and so forth. You name it, I've probably run it or played it.

I am forty-seven now, and I don't know much if I'm "Emo" or not, but I'm old enough to have suffered and survived a heart attack. Does that make me Emo?

Your SOOOOOO emo :D

Nah Neo doesnt know what an Emo is. NEPHT SHALL HALP HIM! \o/

The Evolution of The Depeche Mode Man :

It goes as such Punk - Goth - Emo.

Darwin eat your heart out.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Your SOOOOOO emo :D

Nah Neo doesnt know what an Emo is. NEPHT SHALL HALP HIM! \o/

The Evolution of The Depeche Mode Man :

It goes as such Punk - Goth - Emo.

Darwin eat your heart out.

Although in my opinion, starting with punk and then going to goth and ending as emo is pretty much devolution:wink:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited October 2012
    Have I established my bona fides now?

When my geek bona fides get questioned, I usually reply, "I gotyah bona fides right here!" and supply them with a rude gesture.
    twg042370 wrote: »
    When my geek bona fides get questioned, I usually reply, "I gotyah bona fides right here!" and supply them with a rude gesture.

"Do you bite your thumb at me, Sir?"
    edited October 2012

Whoah! Whoah!

That sort of talk causes riots.

Mad love for any Bill Shakes

~Thank you guys for the awesome suggestions and comments. So good to know there are so many fellow geeks
    edited October 2012
    I have actually seen roleplay in Call of Dudebros for Neo there is no escape.

And a hell of a lot more QQ'ing from that lot :D

I am unsurprised by that since an unfortunately large part of my job is talking to them and other BattleFace WarFight of HonorField: Brown Ops players to help them solve their issues.

With accounts and connectivity. I have neither the background nor the inclination to help them with their other issues.
    edited October 2012
    I am unsurprised by that since an unfortunately large part of my job is talking to them and other BattleFace WarFight of HonorField: Brown Ops players to help them solve their issues.

With accounts and connectivity. I have neither the background nor the inclination to help them with their other issues.

Most QQ free fraging you can find online is with the Skulltag version of Doom and its a joy to behold.

Tis the game that separates the men from the squirrels .
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I actually got the Black Ops game for the story. I realized that I was one of the few- most of the people who 'play Black Ops' look at you like you're some sort of weirdo when you bring up the historical aspects of the CIA and OSS back in the old days, along with some of the information on weapons like the HK G-11. They just stare at you and ask "So, uh... you like, play the Zombies mode or somethin'?"

Keep in mind also, I don't have the same appeal to running around and shooting people with an assault rifle, especially considering that doing that in real life is nowhere near what I would describe as 'fun', so I can't understand why people do it recreationally- war really sucks, I can tell you from experience. Some of the sound effects in the game can actually mess with me and I have to put it down and walk away.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well... Griefers come in all forms. Even here on the forums.
    People will attack you and get whole threads closed.

What i need to do better, is learn to ignore these people.
    Sometimes i do. Sometimes i don't.

I always find it a better choice to move to a different zone in game.
    Or just ingnore outright. Doing both works too.
    edited October 2012
    I actually got the Black Ops game for the story. I realized that I was one of the few- most of the people who 'play Black Ops' look at you like you're some sort of weirdo when you bring up the historical aspects of the CIA and OSS back in the old days, along with some of the information on weapons like the HK G-11. They just stare at you and ask "So, uh... you like, play the Zombies mode or somethin'?"

You are definitely one of the few. And I do admit to completely geeking out over the inclusion of the KS23 shotgun even if it's improperly chambered for 12 gauge.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People roleplay mom and daddy pets in Dino D-Day... When I want to shoot dinosaurs' brains ??

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Keep in mind also, I don't have the same appeal to running around and shooting people with an assault rifle, especially considering that doing that in real life is nowhere near what I would describe as 'fun', so I can't understand why people do it recreationally- war really sucks, I can tell you from experience. Some of the sound effects in the game can actually mess with me and I have to put it down and walk away.

Seems like the ones who play the game to "aim rilfles at eachothers heads" are able to seperate a video game from the reality, to me. Are you trying to rp with the npc's in black ops? Please tell me that this is just a joke.. In modern warfare if i approach a camping sniper from behind and drop some c4 right on top of him, i open my chat and ask that person if he/she likes c4, before i let the c4 detonate, and the entire building bursts up into shreds along with that player... that is what i'm calling rp.
    edited October 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »
    Seems like the ones who play the game to "aim rilfles at eachothers heads" are able to seperate a video game from the reality, to me. Are you trying to rp with the npc's in black ops? Please tell me that this is just a joke.. In modern warfare if i approach a camping sniper from behind and drop some c4 right on top of him, i open my chat and ask that person if he/she likes c4, before i let the c4 detonate, and the entire building bursts up into shreds along with that player... that is what i'm calling rp.

Neo seriously shush man. There is no them and us at the moment PvP is being shat upon by the devs and more and more ROLEPLAYERS are supporting them in their fight to get it fixed. But you acting up like this is going to make the devs think to hell with PvP. Your the type of person a certain dev hates and your rants are just giving him ammo.

YOU MAKE LOVE TO GUNS..we get that. Look go here and add support to Xeno's cause without trying to piss off RPers, PvErs , same sex couples and the upside down moon people http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2571721#post2571721 .

Your playing a Multi Massively Online Role Playing Game so by definition your role player :P . Dosent matter if you only PvP the CoD lot will still think you sleep with 12 sided dice. If a dark grim wolf did stuff to you in the club you should write a ticket.
    edited October 2012
    Neo seriously shush man. There is no them and us at the moment PvP is being shat upon by the devs and more and more ROLEPLAYERS are supporting them in their fight to get it fixed. But you acting up like this is going to make the devs think to hell with PvP. Your the type of person a certain dev hates and your rants are just giving him ammo.

This. There is no need for this to be adversarial. Do I like pvp? No. Do I ever pvp? Maybe three or four times for giggles. Does that mean I think it's okay for pvp to be completely cut out of the game? Absolutely not. But I also don't need some kid waving his e-peen at me because he's been playing mmorpgs for a whopping two years, blaming me and anyone else who does pve and rp for what the devs are doing to pvp. You can have a legitimate argument or you can showcase your raging entitlement issues. Pick one.

Your playing a Multi Massively Online Role Playing Game so by definition your role player :P . Dosent matter if you only PvP the CoD lot will still think you sleep with 12 sided dice. If a dark grim wolf did stuff to you in the club you should write a ticket.

Am I a terrible person because my first thought after reading this was "Show us in the help ticket where the dark grim wolf touched you"?
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »
    Seems like the ones who play the game to "aim rilfles at eachothers heads" are able to seperate a video game from the reality, to me. Are you trying to rp with the npc's in black ops? Please tell me that this is just a joke.. *snip*

No, that's just you putting words in his post (which neither mentioned nor implied anything about RPing in that game). But nice troll, and nice job on understanding the perspective of someone with actual experience having to aim rifles at people in real life situations... :rolleyes:

PS: Also, nice job on trying to turn this into an RP vs. PvP debate where there's "0" need to and doesn't even help your cause.

Roleplaying helps people enrich their characters beyond 'ok, they have guns and they shoot the bad guys and the sniper rifle pwns noobs' and allows them to immerse themselves in the world of Champions Online. Roleplaying also creates some great stories involving a bunch of people having a grand 'ol time! Why would you be against people having fun?

If you don't like it, then you don't have to deal with it! Imagine that. Just stay away from Caprice and Sherrera's and other RP instances (because god forbid you get RPer germs on you, you might turn emo!) See a group of people in sensible, varied costumes that don't involve pureblack, dark red and AoPM? GET OUTTA THERE BECAUSE THEY'RE PROBABLY THOSE ROLEPLAYERS YOU HATE SO MUCH, WHAT DO THEY THINK THIS IS, SECONDLIFE?!?!?!?!

Also, I'd say the separation of reality and game is still there. None of us really think we can fly, nonlethally take out thousands of thugs with a bow and arrow and/or spew Alphabit soup and glow awkwardly from all of our orifices, right?
This discussion has been closed.