Options

First Look at Vehicles

2»

Comments

• Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cryneting wrote: »
    TrailTurtle please respond to this. but will the new Vehicles be free?. like the Nemesis system. or will it just be a overpriced devices that none will buy.

Also please can you explain what you going to do with the old jets will you shoot down the price hardly or will you just remove them?..it will be nice if you cloud make them free same as the Vehicles.

And if this Vehicle System is not free and just some payed thing, then I really think you will drive away a lot of your fans you have already done that by making the Z store even more priced.

(( Unless your gold and you somehow get to have your own Vehicle before slivers do like the powers and the choice of beening able to have a Nemesis before slivers ))

Thanks Cryneting
    This,this is what we'd need when the vehicle system comes out fully,if they intend for these vehicles to be something like STO,even STO gives you a couple free ships,with the premium stuff I can see why its priced obviously,but the whole vehicle system needs to be partially free(as in give us starter vehicles like STO does,or let us trade them,or buy the normal ones in game for in game currency),BUT keep the premium stuff paid for,and also make the vehicle system a non-mandatory alternative,and do not let the vehicles become more powerful than some players,even though they are bad compared to some players,to other players they may be horribly OP.Another thing,for those of us that move with flight/superspeed,or any travel power really,give us an option to have the vehicle speed boost on OURSELVES,so that the superspeeders aren't forced to ride a car,or the flyers sit in a jet.
  • Options
    neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    This,this is what we'd need when the vehicle system comes out fully

Bad bad idea, many players paid 1500 zen for their flights. I myself bought all 3 and if these are going to be free for all, i would want a refund or the free vehicles to be less powerrful than the ones which were actually bought. Support the game by buying your items instead of begging for things, which clearly is considered "gibe itens free plis" style.
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »
    Bad bad idea, many players paid 1500 zen for their flights. I myself bought all 3 and if these are going to be free for all, i would want a refund or the free vehicles to be less powerrful than the ones which were actually bought. Support the game by buying your items instead of begging for things, which clearly is considered "gibe itens free plis" style.

Having to buy multiple versions of the same vehicle just to be able to use it with different characters is an even worse Idea!

In Star Trek Online once you purchase a ship it unlocks account wide, hence being able to claimn it for more than one character at the same time.

I get that this might upset people who have actually made multiple purchases of the hawkwing vehicles, but this can be fixed by rewarding those players with free tokens for future vehicles that eventually get released.

As for appearance customization for vehicles I have pretty much lost all hope for, other than mods that might tweak the model of the vehicle slightly I can't really see these things being anything more than gloryfied become devices.

Beyond disappointing in my opinion.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »

What I don't want in this game is another pay to win option,currently,the vehicles are dangerously close to that,I'm not saying give people the premium hawkjets,just something to compete with other vehicles,currently,to some people,they are horribly OP,so if people buy them for that,it becomes a pay to win option,which is bad,very,very bad
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Having to buy multiple versions of the same vehicle just to be able to use it with different characters is an even worse Idea!

In Star Trek Online once you purchase a ship it unlocks account wide, hence being able to claimn it for more than one character at the same time.

Right now, all vehicles in CO are Bind on Account. Which means that you can toss one into your Hideout bank (Hideout required, if you subscribe even for a month right now you get one of the first launch ones for free as long as you claim it while subbed) and have an alt pick it up.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    Right now, all vehicles in CO are Bind on Account. Which means that you can toss one into your Hideout bank (Hideout required, if you subscribe even for a month right now you get one of the first launch ones for free as long as you claim it while subbed) and have an alt pick it up.

That's just tedious and a cheap way of stating the current vehicle is available to all of your characters... Just not at the same time.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cryneting wrote: »
    TrailTurtle please respond to this. but will the new Vehicles be free?. like the Nemesis system. or will it just be a overpriced devices that none will buy.

That question shows some pretty serious bias dont you think ?

When you opt to provide only two options as answers, the one you want and something expressed entirely in negative terms, its called a leading question and very popular with politicians and lawyers...

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, apparently, the customization that we'll have, won't be visual, right?? Just mods and powers??

Kinda disappointed here, cuz I was really waiting for real customization...

Well, we can't always get what we want, right?? :frown:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    feldongorrfeldongorr Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    maleb666 wrote.
    So, apparently, the customization that we'll have, won't be visual, right?? Just mods and powers??

Well, we can't always get what we want, right??

True, the problem I have with Champions is that there is a distinct difference between "accepting the limits of resources/wants of others" and "being systematically denied what was clearly promised on multiple occasions" or "not listening to the customer base" for example customisation. If they are going to go down these paths, rather than fix system bugs, then a certain degree of both standard and criticism should be expected. If I seem biased it is because I am jaded and my subscription is now looking shakey. How this company handles the "vehicle" issue will influence my decision greatly. If they make a fair and polished system (I hope) that reflects the customers wants/needs then I can trust them to provide a service worth my payment into the future, if they stuff it up however..... I spend my money with a different company.

Remember, greater industry competiton means I can shop elsewhere.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Its a shame that the way vehicles are going to be is already set in stone. Nothing we can say now will change what they are. That's how MOST (99%) stuff put on the PTS turns out.
  • Options
    caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    wacky99 wrote: »
    Why are you proceeding down this route? While vehicles have a part to play in comic lore, surely other aspects would be more worthy of the development time which is being spent here. The Nemesis system is screaming out for an in-depth review. How about a proper sidekick system, along with a nudge of the level cap from 40 to 50. And there's STILL bugs hanging around from the launch of the On Alert system back in March (hello, Dockside dustup countdown timer). I would suggest focus on nailing the bugs that are already in the game rather than adding another layer on top of shaky foundations.

What I'm about to say is terribly cynical, but this game has taught me to be cynical. Sorry, but that's how it goes sometimes...

They're most-likely proceeding down this route because it's a cash-grab opportunity. They'll probably try to sell us "insta-Rank9 vehicle mod catalysts", as well as selling the vehicles themselves individually (pretty much like the existing "Become" devices). The "other aspects of the system" that you mention cost manpower/wages, and don't immediately (but could eventually, because subscriber-base might increase if bugs were fixed) result in cold, hard cash. Sad, but unfortunately it seems to be the way things are going around here. "Get the money, ignore the bugs".

I know that the "new content/shinys" team and the "bug fixing" team are different people, but based on the increasing amounts of the former, and the continued existence of long-standing bugs (like the game saying "your inventory is full" if you try to right-click move things from your shared bank when your main inventory bag is full and the others are empty)... Well, one gets a vague notion of how Management's priorities are arranged. :frown:
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    glad I'm not the only cynical s.... here. My immediate thought on reading the news item.

1. you need rank 9 mods to get full power out of them.
    2. rank 5-6 is only 56% chance for 400 skill

3. catalysts are waaaaaayyyy overpriced and as such have not been selling well.

They've bought the company , they now need to get that money back to keep going.

On the other hand, someone mentioned the mod stats will be increasing. So more bonus.

Good news is, nodes are now giving skillups. at least science in canada. Someone else will have to check 100+, 200+ & 300+ in other areas

I don't know if trainers are working, need 2 more levels to check.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Your cynicism will serve you well, Caycepollard.

The Catalysts would be fair at their existing prices IF they were rank 1 to whatever rank catalyst you bought. I wonder if a guaranteed Harmon catalyst is on the cards?

Chaelk, Arms skillups were working in MC and Canada when I checked last week.

I wonder if further down the track some wheeled vehicles will make an appearance?

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What I'm about to say is terribly cynical, but this game has taught me to be cynical. Sorry, but that's how it goes sometimes...

They're most-likely proceeding down this route because it's a cash-grab opportunity.

The sad thing is, that they (in my opinion) always try to get money with things that doesn't
    really sell so well, while they ignore much better options.

I just say : Aura Slots. They are there on PTS .. but it seems nobody cares about it to
    give us stuff to fill them. And i really believe that stuff would sell much better than all
    this vehicle crap.

Or simple things like raise gold-cap for silver ...

Oh .. and this time i was not cynical .. while i also am mostly these days :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    The sad thing is, that they (in my opinion) always try to get money with things that doesn't
    really sell so well, while they ignore much better options.

I just say : Aura Slots. They are there on PTS .. but it seems nobody cares about it to
    give us stuff to fill them. And i really believe that stuff would sell much better than all
    this vehicle crap.

hahahaha.
    You think they won't sell us auras in the store ?
    You think have this idea before Cryptic ?
    Funny.
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ...,and also make the vehicle system a non-mandatory alternative,and do not let the vehicles become more powerful than some players,even though they are bad compared to some players,to other players they may be horribly OP.

Too late.
    I had seen all over the week end a player with a nighthawk hawkwing interceptor been 1st at every nimbus PQ.
    And my character is not bad. Often in the top three. Impossible to do more damage than him with his interceptor. This was funny to try but no chances.
    In other words, perhaps 1% or 2% of player characters without vehicles can do the same damage than a good player with an interceptor and without risk with their range.

And the hawkwings vehicles do less damage than the new vehicles...

After demons and wolves online, it's time to vehicles online. Be ready.
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    Too late.
    I had seen all over the week end a player with a nighthawk hawkwing interceptor been 1st at every nimbus PQ.
    And my character is not bad. Often in the top three. Impossible to do more damage than him with his interceptor. This was funny to try but no chances.
    In other words, perhaps 1% or 2% of player characters without vehicles can do the same damage than a good player with an interceptor and without risk with their range.

And the hawkwings vehicles do less damage than the new vehicles...

After demons and wolves online, it's time to vehicles online. Be ready.

I've seen the player you're referring too. I don't know how he does it but his damage is indeed very impressive. Considering how badly others perform using the jets (including some players that I very much respect for their knowledge of game mechanics), I would love to know the trick to making it work.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,914 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This,this is what we'd need when the vehicle system comes out fully,if they intend for these vehicles to be something like STO,even STO gives you a couple free ships,with the premium stuff I can see why its priced obviously,but the whole vehicle system needs to be partially free(as in give us starter vehicles like STO does,or let us trade them,or buy the normal ones in game for in game currency),BUT keep the premium stuff paid for,and also make the vehicle system a non-mandatory alternative,and do not let the vehicles become more powerful than some players,even though they are bad compared to some players,to other players they may be horribly OP.Another thing,for those of us that move with flight/superspeed,or any travel power really,give us an option to have the vehicle speed boost on OURSELVES,so that the superspeeders aren't forced to ride a car,or the flyers sit in a jet.

Ok well thank you for that I hope to see such in the near update
    Psi.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, so far this isn't really turning out like they had said it would is it? I really don't like the fact that a lot of the top scores now are coming mostly from vehicles. Especially since you can buy mod upgrades to get even more power out of vehicles. I shouldn't have to spend hundreds of dollars to feel like i'm viable in DPS based scoring, especially since the Top person usually gets that little something extra. Hopefully these don't just end up as overpriced cash grabs like they seem to be doing already.

I would much rather see quality content that is worth the money rather than poorly implemented content that seems worth it until you put the money into it and realise they're going nowhere with it.
  • Options
    kungpowroosterkungpowrooster Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    maleb666 wrote: »

Well, we can't always get what we want, right?? :frown:

I agree, I was very disappointed about the vehicle system. When I test it in the PTS, Mainly very very disappointed with the fact of the hover bikes. It's like becoming a bike for what? not to even have the rider on it? I'm sorry, there so many games out there that have mounts or things to ride that show your character. And they act as a become, I play final fantasy XI. And when you get a chocobo of your own to ride, You don't just see the character hop on it. The character just poof onto the chocobo and that it, the only time you see the person gets off the chocobo, is when you can't enter a place with the chocobo. There so many online mmo games with engines and graphic a bit badder then this. And yet, they are able to make great stuff and content to last the game more longer. Why is champions online not able to, if the design for that would need more time.

Then, don't bring it out yet and just design it and take time to make that content. It be worth the wait, I apologize. But, yes I am upset at this game I enjoy so much is endding up as nothing new. We had got a new event, the Mega Destroyer invasion from Dr Destroyer. I'm glad they are working on it still, to remove the bugs. But, still. The vehicle system, was something I was really really looking forward too. . . But, the fact that the vehicles are a become device. It's not a problem, but they can do so much design. And by design making characters be shown riding the vehicles. Yes, maybe it takes time for design like that, for all the costume parts they need to add for the vehicle to show. But, I would rather wait. Then having a become device, only to not see a rider on the vehicle, manly the Hover bike is really stupid to make. When the rider isn't able to be seen riding it. I'm still wonder what is the point to having a hover bike only to see no rider. . . . .T_T
    feldongorr wrote: »
    True, the problem I have with Champions is that there is a distinct difference between "accepting the limits of resources/wants of others" and "being systematically denied what was clearly promised on multiple occasions" or "not listening to the customer base" for example customisation. If they are going to go down these paths, rather than fix system bugs, then a certain degree of both standard and criticism should be expected. If I seem biased it is because I am jaded and my subscription is now looking shakey. How this company handles the "vehicle" issue will influence my decision greatly. If they make a fair and polished system (I hope) that reflects the customers wants/needs then I can trust them to provide a service worth my payment into the future, if they stuff it up however..... I spend my money with a different company.

Remember, greater industry competiton means I can shop elsewhere.

I agree on this too and the vehicle was something I was very looking forward to. I thought the customization they mention was not only in the mods of upgrading the vehicle. But in designing the Color, emblem, chassis design, weapons style, etc etc . . . instead it was it was the mods they mean all this time. . . . T_T I apologize, but I am disappointed in this system design. . . So many games can make great mounts or rides and cryptic can't even make a greater Vehicle system? Also I do agree about them not to be over power, or a pay to win thing. That is a very unfair if they do that for the vehicles.