test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Look at Vehicles

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2012 in Super News Network
The first preview for our Vehicle system -- plus the UNTIL skycarrier defense mission -- is posted now.

Read the blog!
Play the mission on PTS!
Like us on Facebook!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll be glad to test it once someone pays for me a month of gold. Been kinda tight lately.

The vehicles look pretty cool, will they have the fully customizable set-ups like previously talked about?
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That carrier.....best....map...ever,seriously,that thing just looks AWESOME!
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I can't wait for the Dwarf Beard set to come out after the Hobbit hits the screens.
    edited October 2012
    Vehicles, as we can see on the PTS, will have a few set powers specific to each kind. Then you can put ranked mods on them that have more effects as you rank them up. Supposedly no power add ons are in but they should be put in there soon.

The hover bike looks like an over sized hover bike from Star Wars Episode 6.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I swear you guys can read minds.. this is EXACTLY what I imagined for the IC Response to World Events thread in the Fan Base Alpha section, OMG I'm gonna lurve this!

Just need mah AoE shields and I'll be in heaven xD
  • Options
    noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hope we eventually get the viper vehicles that have been just sitting around. The viper hoverbikes, transports and tanks. I get that they are doing combat vehicles first but sometimes I'd just like a viper hover bike or transport to use as a travel power.
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Frogs knees man what kind of spread has the heavy cannon attack got?
    1 x shell into the Undead hero and every zombie in 50ft goes blammo, which surely helps coz I depend on green glowies for health. I have a nasty feeling that the heavy Hovertank will not work so well on the level 60 Mega Destroids or Gravitar but we shall see.
    Stuff I secretly hope is coming...
    The tank turret to rotate keeping track of the target.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    rixrix Posts: 18
    edited October 2012
    Frogs knees man what kind of spread has the heavy cannon attack got?
    1 x shell into the Undead hero and every zombie in 50ft goes blammo, which surely helps coz I depend on green glowies for health. I have a nasty feeling that the heavy Hovertank will not work so well on the level 60 Mega Destroids or Gravitar but we shall see.
    Stuff I secretly hope is coming...
    The tank turret to rotate keeping track of the target.

Quite a few bosses are immune to knockback, so that's not much of an issue on bosses but when it doesn't outright kill something, it knocks the mob away a very...very long distance. If it was Knock Up instead of Knock Back...that would be much better, of course not 200+ feet maybe around 40-100.

The Heavy Cannon attack has a 75ft sphere radius, but I'd like to know if it has a max target amount, I've seen it hit over 10 mobs at once...

Speaking of Hover Tanks...Incendiary Round is ridiculous with an energy circle, I was able to kill an Undead Hero within a minute, since it's DoT stacks to 10.

So far, it seems Tanks will be burst/DoT DPS, the Bikes, not sure, their one power deals more damage the more you use it, then the damage bonus resets, and then you can repeat, the final power is nice, but havn't use it on a boss yet to see how good DPS wise it is to have that 20 second recharge, the Support Bike...Eh..

Also, I don't see the damage resistance debuff working from the mods or powers from the new vehicles.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In general, I like the idea of these vehicles.

However, they suffer from the same drawbacks as do all transform devices (with the sole exception of the Black Talon).

Which is the ability to self-heal!

One of the hoverbikes was getting the stuffing kicked out of it by a lone Sovereign Sons.
    And there was nothing I could do but get out of battle and return later when the bike had healed up.

If that's what a lone ground enemy could do to it, I shudder to think what enemy vehicle npcs can do to them!

A vehicle is supposed to be made of armored metal, so ground npcs should barely be able to scratch it!

The only practical vehicle transform is the pilotable Megadestroid in Resistance.
    It has a Self-Repair function and a Block Shield.

Which the vehicles should have if they are to be in any way practical.

Otherwise, they're just fun toys like all the other transform devices.

Also, the Boost Power should be moved out of the Block Slot.
    At first glance, when I saw it, I thought it was a shield power, not a movement power.
    It's confusing putting it there.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I went on to PTS to take a look the alert never popped but I tried the vehicles and wasn't too impressed but I realise this is a work in progress. I have a few questions

1/ Can the mission be done with characters that wouldn't use vehicles?

2/ If characters can't do the vehicle missions will gold players get a free vehicle like hideouts?

3/Do you think it's a good idea to restrict content behind vehicle purchase?

If the answer is yes ignore the last two questions.
    edited October 2012
    I went on to PTS to take a look the alert never popped but I tried the vehicles and wasn't too impressed but I realise this is a work in progress. I have a few questions

1/ Can the mission be done with characters that wouldn't use vehicles?

2/ If characters can't do the vehicle missions will gold players get a free vehicle like hideouts?

If the answer is yes ignore the last two questions.

1) Yes. As long as you can Fly somehow anyway. Although Swinging would not be fun at all.

2) As currently planned on PTS, yes (although as of right now, it doesn't work). There's vehicles to grab for the Alert or you can just shoot off under your own power (or vehicle if you have one already).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Here's what I would like to see:

> We know that hover disc allows you to use all your powers. How about creating, as an option, a suped-up rocket board, which works exactly like hover disc, except it has speed comparable to these vehicles?

> In addition to the above, add a suped-up jetpack version (it can add a larger jetpack geo onto our character's backs).

> Add a "flight rune" option which would be like the suped-up hover disc, except you'd be standing on a magical rune/circle thingy...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    hopper9000hopper9000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012

If content starts to require vehicles or if vehicles become OP to the point that going in without one makes you a liability to your team, then this game will be headed down that "pay to win" road IMO. To not offer some sort of equivalent vehicle option for those who pay a sub (or lifers) then I fear CO will be headed in the bad direction STO went.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am going to repost what I put in the PTS forums so players who don't have access to it can read it.

I feel that the vehicles should only have one of each as blank slates and just give us the powers as gear to customize them as we please. This would make the 4 vehicles only two since there is nothing visually different from them. What gear/powers we put on them determines if they are fast attack, heavy or support.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm a little disappointed that they're still going by the "become x" system for these as well as the blatant copy of Star Wars rather than making them more original. I do like however that the bike seat is there showing that while your character isn't on it, it's very open to being a probability. I still think that they need to rework the jet effect on the ships though. It still looks really awkward shooting flames like a jet when you're heading backwards or at a full stop. VTOL engines as well as a directional thrust effect (like auras leaving trails) would make these a bit better looking.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am going to repost what I put in the PTS forums so players who don't have access to it can read it.

I feel that the vehicles should only have one of each as blank slates and just give us the powers as gear to customize them as we please. This would make the 4 vehicles only two since there is nothing visually different from them. What gear/powers we put on them determines if they are fast attack, heavy or support.

This would be a great way to go about it: The base vehicle only has the 1st attack and the reload power. The "device" would then have X other power mod slots and appearance mod slots.

Of course, there'd have to be some check to make sure you couldn't slot multiple of the same power mod. Perhaps the device could also have a passive and block replacer mod slot...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Certainly if someone actually put multiple of the same power in they would share a cooldown. If devices do this powers would do it certainly. And another thing, I'd like it if the powers can be taken off and used on different vehicles if a new one comes out that you like better.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Too bad you can't color these or put an emblem on them....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    crashdragoncrashdragon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    K, a idea for those who can't afford them or just tight wad's like me who won't buy them. :biggrin:

A PHS System!

Public Hero Transport.

I have seen bus stops around MC, so let's use them! Sure I'll get weird looks from other passengers when I keep dinging the stop button to get off and stop a crime or then again could be due to me, stripping down and getting into my flashy gear and leaping out of the window when the driver wont co-operate, but it's cheap!

And let us have a "TAXI!! " emote that whistles and curse's them when they just drive on by.

Give it a chance, it would work! After a while......
    I like to hang around laundromats and steal hero's tights for ransom. =3
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Some one brought up a good point though. It they'd purchased the nighthawk jets (which where way too overpriced for me) will they be changed retroactively to include the new system for vehicles or will they be left as is leaving the buyer S.O.L.?
  • Options
    klytustrueklytustrue Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So I went cruising with a Lvl 30 of mine earlier tonight (Monday, Oct 8th) and took the Heavy Fighter Hoover Tank out for a test drive. Just to see how tough it was, I started doing the Destroids Rise Again open mission. As usual, the first stage was easy. Then I went after the Phalanx Commanders, and was amazed to find I was able to wipe out entire squads with the Heavy Cannon. Even more amazing, I was able to stand up to the barrages of entire squads while I was shooting back - all without every dying. Not once. Then I went on to the Retaliation Devices. Again, I deliberately took heavy fire before responding. When I got close to being killed, I just zoomed straight up into the air faster than they could chase, took a few seconds to heal, and then landed to finish them off.

Then came the Mega Destroid. After closing, trading shots, and falling back, I'd figured out the trick: I just sat at my max range of 250', where I was out of HIS range, fired incendiaries, reloaded, fired incendiaries... lather, rinse, repeat. It took almost the entire 30 minutes, but I did manage to defeat the Mega D. Solo. At level 30. Had I done this right from the get-go, I could have done the entire open mission without ever taking a single hit from the enemy.

I love the idea of vehicles and being able to cross the full map in a matter of seconds. But making them battle-stations? Notsomuch. If I can solo a level 28 Open Mission and defeat the Mega Destroid completely on my own without taking damage, that is SERIOUSLY broken.

Personally, I think that vehicles should be for transport ONLY. Otherwise, you'll start an arms-race where players without vehicles simply cannot compete with characters that DO have them. And if they remain this powerful, everyone who has a vehicle will never NOT use it when on an outdoor map.

"The man I was is the crucible which has forged the man I have become."
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    wow, they've totally Censored me on the post about this. It wasn't even anything offensive either, and now i can't even leave a comment on the post again.

all i did was point out that they were a little too close to the speeder bike and the droid AAT from star wars and that they should have done something a little more original as to not open themselves up to a lawsuit.

I'm still really curious to see what the next wave of vehicles out on the PTS are right now though. Has any one seen them?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    .... a little too close to the speeder bike and the droid AAT from star wars and that they should have done something a little more original as to not open themselves up to a lawsuit.

I'm still really curious to see what the next wave of vehicles out on the PTS are right now though. Has any one seen them?

Personally, my concern is that they don't really look like superhero vehicles at all. I really don't like the direction they're taking at all on this. I can easily see the Nighthawk Jet being used in comics by a superhero, but not these new ones.

The thing about superhero vehicles in the genre is that they are, on the whole, very stylized machines that match the hero's colours/name/emblem.

Examples of what I'm talking about are: Blue Beetle's Bug...http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/theblackmantis/Vehicles/?action=view&current=BlueBeetlesBug.jpg

Moon Knight's Moon-Copter...http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/theblackmantis/Vehicles/?action=view&current=MoonKnightsMoon-copter.jpg

Night-Owl's Owl-Ship(Archie)...http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/theblackmantis/Vehicles/?action=view&current=Night-OwlsOwl-ShipArchie.jpg

Robin's Redbird...http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u384/theblackmantis/Vehicles/?action=view&current=RobinsRedbird.jpg

Or any of Batman's vehicles from the comics

Now, I'm not a developer, but I imagine that this type of customisation would be extremely difficult to do. However, in my opinion, I believe that this is the direction that a "superhero MMO" should be taking if they are implementing a vehicle system. Not these vehicles from a galaxy far, far away.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    klytustrueklytustrue Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll second this: the vehicles DO need to look more super-heroic and less galaxy-far-far-away-ish.

I also think that the focus on vehicles as battle-platforms is all wrong. Yes, for some concepts, it works. However, there should be some vehicles where they are just a non-combat travel power.

As for customization, if they allow for things like adding emblems and/or changing colors, that will be a big help.

"The man I was is the crucible which has forged the man I have become."
  • Options
    borak2borak2 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Vehicles should be for travel only. They should not have any combat powers attached to them of any kind. Now the game is becoming Pay to win. I won't waste my money on any of these vehicles.
  • Options
    feldongorrfeldongorr Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've said it before elsewhere and I'll say it again here.
    May I propose a simpler and quicker-to-impliment idea following dragonbluey's line of thought. There are already a plethora of vehicles in the champions world from ATVs to hover bikes/tanks and even cars and occasionally a bus, so why not make some of those available as non-combat travel powers? The ones that can't fly can be given a super jump akin to the "Turbo Boost" from the 1980's Knight Rider series (yes I am that old). This way Cryptic can still release the one-off devices like the Night Hawk Jet (plus events/missions to use them) and maintain their uniqueness while giving us ways to get from point A to point B in style.
    I just have to add my voice to the growing calls for "Custom Vehicle options". If I pay for this game and extra content then I think being able to paint one of the Vibora Bay Hotrods black with yellow lightning decals and cruise the streets of MC looking for villainy isn't so tall an ask!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2012
    VIPER/UNTIL Osprey VTOL
    VIPER hover tanks
    VIPER hover transports
    Conventional Abrams tanks in VIPER bases
    UNTIL/VIPER conventional all-terrain cars
    All art deco cars cruising across Millenium City
    All classic cars from Vibora Bay
    Kodiac monster truck
    VIPER hoverbike
    Cobra Lords chopper bikes
    Art deco bike from vigilante's basement hideout
    Qlarr bioships
    Gadroon and Roi'nesh ships
    Lemurian submarines

So many great vehicle models are already in game, so why do you guys are insisting on making cheap Star Wars ripp-offs, not even remotely suited to this game and genre?

Nighthawk jets are nicely done, but this new hover tank? Not even remotely interesting and I don't want to know how this new hover bike looks.

What this game needs is more "ordinary" vehicles for street level heroes and more classic stylised superhero vehicles.
    Also, japanese sentai shows are great inspiration for exaggerated superhero vehicles.
    Not to mention all vehicles from G.I.Joe series, or vehicle alternate modes from old Transformers cartoons and comic books.
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    VIPER/UNTIL Osprey VTOL
    VIPER hover tanks
    VIPER hover transports
    Conventional Abrams tanks in VIPER bases
    UNTIL/VIPER conventional all-terrain cars
    All art deco cars cruising across Millenium City
    All classic cars from Vibora Bay
    Kodiac monster truck
    VIPER hoverbike
    Cobra Lords chopper bikes
    Art deco bike from vigilante's basement hideout
    Qlarr bioships
    Gadroon and Roi'nesh ships
    Lemurian submarines

So many great vehicle models are already in game, so why do you guys are insisting on making cheap Star Wars ripp-offs, not even remotely suited to this game and genre?

Nighthawk jets are nicely done, but this new hover tank? Not even remotely interesting and I don't want to know how this new hover bike looks.

What this game needs is more "ordinary" vehicles for street level heroes and more classic stylised superhero vehicles.
    Also, japanese sentai shows are great inspiration for exaggerated superhero vehicles.
    Not to mention all vehicles from G.I.Joe series, or vehicle alternate modes from old Transformers cartoons and comic books.

Exactly!

I have lost count how many times I have entered a viper base and said to myself "that vehicle would work well with one or more of my characters".

I am still waiting for a vehicle that works like the "Bat Tumbler", there's already a few vehicle models in game that'll fit the part (a black version of the Viper Humvee for example), more of that and less Star Wars please.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Agreed. If we're having vehicles, there isn't really much need for them ALL to be megabattlevehicles. Some of us just like driving around.
    Perhaps, while we're getting vehicles, there can be a vendor near that spinning car show thing you can spot during the tutorial and later in that region of Millenium City, who lets you purchase a Vanity Vehicle (because Aliteration is Always A-okay!) which can be activated in a region classified as Outdoors and it gives you basic manuverability and maybe a Shift-speedboost/jump (depends what kind of vehicle it is really. Land-ones might justifiably need a mixture, while airborne vehicles just need a speedboost, while water-based (I am probably the only person who loved Lemuria. :() ones get a speedboost and go upwards.) That way, you have vehicles that aren't necessarily made for war for characters.

Because some of us, we fight crime from old jalopies.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    To be honest i've never been big on lemuria because while the underwater zone is awesome, there's too many little things that make it awkward. A lot of power sets like summon animals don't always work so you have wolves instead of sharks, or you see a swarm of bats/beetles underwater as the travel power, although if they were to add a bubble jet effect to jet boots or packs that would be awesome as well.

sorry i got side tracked. Things get weird in lemuria visually, so having vehicles with a specific underwater mode would be great. Speeder bikes and AATs might not work so well underwater.

As for the first part, yeah i agree that we need some normal vehicles as well a non lethal or just for travel. Not everyone is playing the unleashed AT, or the type of character that would be flying a vehicle armed to the teeth with missiles.
  • Options
    blasphemouswordsblasphemouswords Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I totally agree with vehicles being non-battle functional and rather more transportation wise. CO's known for its great customization and implementing travel vehicles that could be customized is a much better idea than tanks or hover bikes. After all, we are making champions, not arms dealers. Vehicles should enhance our creations rather than completely replace them. We don't want to become vehicles.
    edited October 2012
    I agree with the concept that for the most part, vehicles should be mostly a way for the hero to get from Here to There quickly and in style (was the Bug armed? Or most versions of the Batmobile, apart from the movies?). Not every concept is suited to a flight power or Superspeed, after all.

That being said, there is also a vocal contingent of people who, during the planning stages, did NOT want the Vehicles to be fancy Travel Powers (and one person who apparently disapproved of the concept in its entirety, maintaining that Vehicles would turn everyone into Knight Rider, and that Michael Knight wasn't really a superhero). So basically no matter what's done, somebody's going to be unhappy. Personally, I'm hoping to be in the "happy" group, but if not, I'm prepared to accept it philosophically (and only use a Vehicle when I must)...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2012
    Some one brought up a good point though. It they'd purchased the nighthawk jets (which where way too overpriced for me) will they be changed retroactively to include the new system for vehicles or will they be left as is leaving the buyer S.O.L.?

We have not yet finalized how we're going to take care of early adopters, but rest assured, we'll take care of you guys.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    we'll take care of you guys.

I heard that line once in a bar and woke up next morning without wallet, phone and my pants. But nothing happened. I swear.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I heard that line once in a bar and woke up next morning without wallet, phone and my pants. But nothing happened. I swear.

If you want them back you just have to ask sweetie :wink:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    is there any way to see what the new vehicles look like? I'd sign up for the PTS but i wouldn't actually test any thing so it defeats the purpose of being on the test server.
  • Options
    captgrizzcaptgrizz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    personally I picked up the hawkwing interceptor it fit my nonflying themed crime fighter well including the weapons. Now on the otherside of that I rarely use the jet in combat its more of a I don't feel like swinging across the map. While the 2nd gen vehicles have a marked resemblance remember that the whole system is still blossoming. I myself Hope for a more modular aspect to the vehicle system as is in sto, three different noses engines and main body consoles for hoverbikes. as an example. add material types and decals and presto unique looks all around! :)

Once I was Grizzlan, but I got promoted :tongue:
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ^^ hell no! we need them to work on actual content! something that this game has little of and has had virtually non added in 3 years!

not keep working on yet more costumes/travel powers/events we need more CONTENT!

They have added just 1 zone in 3 years (vibora bay) and that itslef was almost 3 years ago (4 months after release)

The adventure packs and comic series are good new content, but thats very little. Most games have at least 1 big expansion by this time that significantly increases content (like coh had cov that doubled it, then going rogue that added another like amount)

Look at for instance everquest, they started with more content than here and have steadily added several zones every few months for 10 years! (yes this game doesnt have the numbers but big difference between an expansion every few months and none - and virtually no content added at all - in 3 years!)

Its not like they dont have devs working on things, but they are constantly working on new shinies and not content! enough already!!
  • Options
    missmaeheymmissmaeheym Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ^^ hell no! we need them to work on actual content! something that this game has little of and has had virtually non added in 3 years!

not keep working on yet more costumes/travel powers/events we need more CONTENT!

They have added just 1 zone in 3 years (vibora bay) and that itslef was almost 3 years ago (4 months after release)

The adventure packs and comic series are good new content, but thats very little. Most games have at least 1 big expansion by this time that significantly increases content (like coh had cov that doubled it, then going rogue that added another like amount)

Look at for instance everquest, they started with more content than here and have steadily added several zones every few months for 10 years! (yes this game doesnt have the numbers but big difference between an expansion every few months and none - and virtually no content added at all - in 3 years!)

Its not like they don't have devs working on things, but they are constantly working on new shinies and not content! enough already!!

I would have to agree. Shinies distract in the short term, but after a constant diet of shinies, people tend to lose interest. Solid, enduring, in-depth content is what is desperately needed to fend off the rush of new MMO's that contend for your subscriber's attentions.

Now, if you have good and valid reasons for no solid content right now, let us know! We're not unreasonable people! We love CO! We want an excuse to stay! Don't insult our intelligence by waving shinies at us any more though. Give us hope for the future....because right now, I guarantee you....most of your loyal fan base can't see the light at the end of this dark tunnel.:frown:

That being said, the vehicles are cool, but definitely need to be more than a become, because of the vehicles (both on PTS and Live) that I have tried, they all fall short of usefulness beyond a fast travel power. Don't get me wrong, a nifty vehicle travel power is pretty cool, and I won't object if its just that.... (visions of leaping from a speeding hoverbike with my guns blazing just gives me shivers)... but if you're going to make them more please make them as customizable as powersets. Let the gadgeteers rejoice with something to tinker with!

Oh and one more thing....quality voice actors. That guy who does Dr. Destroyer...he's tops. Need to improve on the rest though.

Miss Mayhem (a.k.a Reaper, a.k.a. Warhead, a.k.a. Mynx, a.k.a. Kinslayer)
    No I don't bother with sigs. I am too pretty for banners. ::biggrin:
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Oh and one more thing....quality voice actors. That guy who does Dr. Destroyer...he's tops. Need to improve on the rest though.

You might be surprised to know that the guy who voices Dr. Destroyer is actually the same guy who voices Frank Zaretti. Just something to think about while listening to the 'prison butt' line in the early MC missions. That's the voice of the Destroyer when he's not being all imperious. XD
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Full cast if someone is interested.
    SPOILER ALERT! True face of Doctor Destroyer. SPOILER ALERT!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Full cast if someone is interested.
    SPOILER ALERT! True face of Doctor Destroyer. SPOILER ALERT!
    Didn't realize they had an IMdB page. Now I'm tempted to get an account there, so I can fill in all the missing information about at least the SCTV shout-outs in Canada (they got the MacKenzie brothers, but missed Sgt (I think) Eugene Levy, Lt. Candy, and so much else...).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yes. Update would be apriciated.
    Info there is old.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'm just glad they don't do what DCUO does and constantly recast characters.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    oh, as a side note, i know they've got the mods starting up on the PTS, but has there been any mention of visual customization for the vehicles at all?
  • Options
    ouroborosinouroborosin Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why are you guys making this so needlessly complicated? Vehicle travel is an easy thing to implement. Take the functionality of, say, Acrobatics, drop a motorcycle or car model and animation into it, and bam. Presto. Done. All of this hoopla with vehicles being become devices, slots, mods....guys, come on. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're making this into something completely superfluous.
  • Options
    feldongorrfeldongorr Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ouroborosin said.
    Why are you guys making this so needlessly complicated? Vehicle travel is an easy thing to implement. Take the functionality of, say, Acrobatics, drop a motorcycle or car model and animation into it, and bam. Presto. Done. All of this hoopla with vehicles being become devices, slots, mods....guys, come on. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you're making this into something completely superfluous.

This is EXACTLY what is needed! We don't need complicated reprograming (it's not rocket science people) just a simple soloution to the problem. If the game has an existing mechanic modify it and use it. As for the type of vehicles there have been roughly equal calls for both combat and non-combat vehicles so GIVE US BOTH! Take the easiest to make one and impliment it first then do the harder. Bish-Bash-Bosh and you're selling powers before you know it.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    TrailTurtle please respond to this. but will the new Vehicles be free?. like the Nemesis system. or will it just be a overpriced devices that none will buy.

Also please can you explain what you going to do with the old jets will you shoot down the price hardly or will you just remove them?..it will be nice if you cloud make them free same as the Vehicles.

And if this Vehicle System is not free and just some payed thing, then I really think you will drive away a lot of your fans you have already done that by making the Z store even more priced.

(( Unless your gold and you somehow get to have your own Vehicle before slivers do like the powers and the choice of beening able to have a Nemesis before slivers ))

Thanks Cryneting
    Psi.
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why are you proceeding down this route? While vehicles have a part to play in comic lore, surely other aspects would be more worthy of the development time which is being spent here. The Nemesis system is screaming out for an in-depth review. How about a proper sidekick system, along with a nudge of the level cap from 40 to 50. And there's STILL bugs hanging around from the launch of the On Alert system back in March (hello, Dockside dustup countdown timer). I would suggest focus on nailing the bugs that are already in the game rather than adding another layer on top of shaky foundations.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ^^ 100% agree