test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Teaming bug in Whiteout: Alpaca mission

maracroftmaracroft Posts: 134 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
Today a friend and I were doing the Whiteout Adventure and during the Alpaca mission where you go into individual buildings to explore them, we were unable to do so while teamed. We had to leave team, go into building seperately, then reteam after entering. This is really an odd thing. Any one else have this or is this a known issue?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Another way to go in was have the rest of the team leave the map and the one person left could go in.

I wish we would have thought of leaving team though.
  • fentonatorfentonator Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ran into this today, and unfortunately, it appears to not be limited to Alpaca. Pretty much *every* transitional door (as opposed to the "open a door and the barrier goes away" for inside doors) appeared to have this bug.

In at least one case, de-teaming wasn't even sufficient. One player had to do no less than:
    1. Leave the team
    2. Leave the map
    3. Log out
    4. Log back in
    5. Get a team invite
    6. Rejoin the map
    7. Leave the team AGAIN
    8. Use the door
    9. Rejoin team

before it would actually work.

I know that CO has a long history of not being especially teaming-friendly (for values of "actively discouraging it in several ways, even after the improvements"), but with this they seem to have taken the perk motto "Above and Beyond" to heart.
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited September 2012
    I just got this while playing with my friend Bansidhe@phipia. My character was Cerebellum@cerebrum222 and due to the rampant bugs, we are beginning to think that this game isn't worth continuing in. Champions devs, please get your act together. This is the third mission that has been impossible to finish with my friend. :frown:
  • djartagusdjartagus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We have tried this twice. Leaving the team was able to get us in "Interview Researchers" but one of us could not get out to continue. Great story, frustrating we cant enjoy it as a team. Hope it gets fixed soon :frown:
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited September 2012
    djartagus wrote: »
    We have tried this twice. Leaving the team was able to get us in "Interview Researchers" but one of us could not get out to continue. Great story, frustrating we cant enjoy it as a team. Hope it gets fixed soon :frown:

I was the one who got stuck in the building when playing with my friend, it's not even worth doing any AP's at this point.
  • vempyremonvempyremon Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Glad I'm not the only one who's had this problem. Bunker door #1 wont even open. It's extremely annoying. I like Whiteout and would like to actually have my character be able to open a openable door for once.
    edited October 2012
    Any update on this issue?? I have not heard or seen any changes or response.
    ...pity :frown:
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This issue has been submitted by QA to the developers, and this issue is currently being looked at to find what ended up breaking to not allow teams to interact properly with this door.

For the time being, Episode Two of Whiteout is best completed Solo and not as a team due to this issue.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
    edited October 2012
    drannic wrote: »
    This issue has been submitted by QA to the developers, and this issue is currently being looked at to find what ended up breaking to not allow teams to interact properly with this door.

For the time being, Episode Two of Whiteout is best completed Solo and not as a team due to this issue.

Thanks for the update :smile: