test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Theme music of your Champions?

Comments

• cmdrgodfreycmdrgodfrey Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Holy crap this is powerful stuff! The words would be kind of cliche in some ways, but with the music in the background this becomes epicsauce. ^_^

You're going to have a tough time surpassing this super-powered character.

The funny part about the song is that I based the story of the Arachnos Commander, in a more expanded way, on my (nearly non-existant) pro-wrestling career. When I first heard that song, I knew what my in-ring heel persona would be. So when I was training, every day before I entered the school, I'd sit in my car, close my eyes, and listen to the song on loop for about 20 minutes. It really helped put me in a "zone" especially when we had had promo training. Sadly, due to an injury, couldn't even get past my first battle royal.

So I lived out that character in CoH as the Arachnos Commander. Now in CO to keep the persona living :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Read the topic for comprehension (don't skim) and the related linked material and I think you'll see why. If still not, maybe you're just one of those people that doesn't like music much, or doesn't feel the emotion expressed in song. It is impossible to teach music or art appreciation in my experience.

I actually write and record music, and have done so for over half of my life. It still just seems kind of weird to me to pick a theme song for any of my characters. If anything, I'd probably be drawn to some kind of orchestral piece from a comic book superhero movie, but then that'd already be someone else's theme song by definition, so it would turn me off in that regard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    clockwise wrote: »
    I actually write and record music, and have done so for over half of my life. It still just seems kind of weird to me to pick a theme song for any of my characters. If anything, I'd probably be drawn to some kind of orchestral piece from a comic book superhero movie, but then that'd already be someone else's theme song by definition, so it would turn me off in that regard.

I can't tell if you're being serious or trolling, but I respect that you may have a different opinion on the matter. Different strokes for different folks, eh? :smile:

Anybody else have some characters with theme music you want to share? ^_^
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sure, here's one:

Hero Name: Offender
    Theme Song: Binge and Purge (Strong lyrics, don't listen to this if you don't like that kinda thing.)
    Reason: He's an angry alcoholic misanthrope... for justice.
    biffsig.jpg
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My Heroine: Mentella
    Her song: Bad Girl OR Heads will Roll
    Note: The songs only not the video content..although I do love Emma Frost :biggrin:
    My reasons why: If you look on her PRIMUS page, you'll see she's had a shady past.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sure, here's one:

Hero Name: Offender
    Theme Song: Binge and Purge (Strong lyrics, don't listen to this if you don't like that kinda thing.)
    Reason: He's an angry alcoholic misanthrope... for justice.

Pfft, you know you're an oversized teddy bear with vegeta hair :wink:
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My original post is starting to get just a wee bit cumbersome, so here are a few more.

Hero / Villian Name: Mr. Mortimer
    Theme Song: (This Ain't) The Summer Of Love by Blue Oyster Cult
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WPStttiLX0
    Reason: This is, without a doubt, the song that the Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse will ride out to.

Hero / Villian Name: Rock N' Roll Shark Baby Forever!
    Theme Song: Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6S9oqJRclo
    Reason: Here is his Biography, verbatim. The single best one I've ever come up with.
    The Date was July 27'th 1969
    The Place was the Edgewater Hotel
    The Band was Led Zeppelin
    Nine months later Millennium Cities' newest hero was born.

If you have ANY IDEA what I am taking about, you are a BAD, BAD PERSON.
    Also, probably old.

Hero / Villian Name: Krampus The Christmas Demon
    Theme Song: The Night Santa Went Crazy by "Weird Al" Yankovic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-Mce9VpmY
    Reason: In the original Santa Clause myth Jolly Old Saint Nick was part of a doubles act with the terrible Demon Krampus. If you were a good little boy or girl then the Saintly O'l Elf would reward you with wonderful gifts. If you made the Naughty List, however, for the night of Christmas Eve you belonged to Krampus. The merely bad would be beaten with sticks. Worse children would be whipped with the heavy iron chains he wore. And the VERY WORST offenders? Everyone knows that Santa has a Magic Sack that can hold all the presents for all the Good Little Boys And Girls in the entire world. Well, Krampus has one too. Specifically an Unholy Backpack made of Evil Reeds. And he fills this Pack with all the Bad Little Boys And Girls and drags them bodily strait to Hell....
    This song neatly encompasses what I imagine the inside of Krampus' mind must look like. A cheerful, blood-soaked Christmas Anti-Miracle.

I'm not making any of this up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/258162/december-09-2009/the-blitzkrieg-on-grinchitude---hallmark---krampus
    http://www.krampus.com/who-is-krampus.php
    Although my take on Krampus has a Nutcracker/Tin Soldier style outfit, rather than plain fur.

Hero / Villian Name: Professor Alienist
    Theme Song: Diary Of A Madman by Ozzy Osbourne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DErIA612QB8
    Reason: A quack psychologist from the mid 1800's who firmly believes in Negative Reinforcement Therapy and considers a pile of decapitated mental patients a "100% Success Rate" Because, hey! they ain't crazy no more, right? Right?! RIGHT?!?!

Hero / Villian Name: Abracadabra The Magic Rabbit
    Theme Song:White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0
    Reason: A renegade Magicians' Rabbit fighting for the freedom of all oppressed Stage Props. What else could I possibly use?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Hero / Villian Name: Rock N' Roll Shark Baby Forever!
    Theme Song: Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6S9oqJRclo
    Reason: Here is his Biography, verbatim. The single best one I've ever come up with.
    The Date was July 27'th 1969
    The Place was the Edgewater Hotel
    The Band was Led Zeppelin
    Nine months later Millennium Cities' newest hero was born.

If you have ANY IDEA what I am taking about, you are a BAD, BAD PERSON.
    Also, probably old.
    A couple years back, there was a cartoon, on Disney XD I think, about the travails of a young boy whose father was a retired glam rocker. I caught one particular moment while skipping past on my way through the channels - the father's apparently dressed for an appearance, steps out of a limo, and a large trout squirms its way free of his pants leg. His response: "You really can fit one of those in there! Looks like I owe Led Zeppelin an apology!"
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2012
    Only one of my characters had a theme song.
    Hero Name: Vermilion
    Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdO02YCAXo
    Reason: Because it's a perfectly calm and nostalgic song for fatalistic character who was so thoroughly made for war that she's no longer able to live in peace. It also suits well with her background. She could be even singing this quietly when shooting at people.
    edited September 2012
    Only one of my characters had a theme song.
    Hero Name: Vermilion
    Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdO02YCAXo
    Reason: Because it's a perfectly calm and nostalgic song for fatalistic character who was so thoroughly made for war that she's no longer able to live in peace. It also suits well with her background. She could be even singing this quietly when shooting at people.

Da svidaniya comrade.

/e salute

*super-serious face*

*can't keep a straight face & bursts out laughing*

:biggrin:

PS: ty for the formatting of your reply! :smile:
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero Name: Angel Of Caine (Yes, i violated the "Green" text rule because i look better in red, cope...)
    Theme Song: I wish i had a "theme song" for my character... :rolleyes: (...Oh wait! :eek: )
    Reason: High energy, great vocals/instrumentals, awsome video (It fits my character, i can't explain it any other way :cool: )
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not specifically yet, but I listen to Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts music during MMO time. >.>
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • tkane707thtkane707th Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero Name: Wolfe
    Theme Song: Betrayer
    Reason: When I was still kicking around in my head the theme and concept of Wolfe, who originally just had a bio of "A bunch of stuff happened that wasn't in the script!" one of the themes was a former villain who turned good for one reason or another. As I had posted in my Character Info Thread ages ago which I'll eventually edit in a link to, after having seen an episode of Law & Order SVU which features a former child soldier from a third world country who, despite being put through the literal worst experiences imaginable, still ends up being a good person who tries to save the life of a child, this became the overall theme of Wolfe. Despite being a child soldier, despite being a VIPER agent, he's still a good person. And I guess that's why he's a Betrayer: He's betraying what his environment wants him to become.

And now for my joke toons and their theme songs.

Hero Name: Gold Edition Stephano
    Theme Song: When I'm a Golden Edition
    Reason: PewDie Bros represent! I had made this toon after conversing with someone in MC Zone Chat about PewDiePie, which ended in me seeing if I could make a Stephano in CO. I did. And this is his song.

Hero Name: Vertigo Drop
    Theme Song: Citrus Soulmates
    Reason: Ah Sun Drop(tm). How I love thee. Veritgo Drop's bio, once I get around to actually writing it, will feature the citrus flavoured beverage heavily, as Vertigo Drop does sport their colours, and believes that's why she has super powers, and not the nuclear power plant she lives down the hill from that has been illegally leaking radioactive materials into the ground water for years, or that strange purple portal that opened the other day in her basement and has been spewing an odd purple smoke like substance throughout her house. Nope, had to be that bottle of her favorite citrus flavoured beverage.

Hero Name: Seeker-Loyalist
    Theme Song: Montage Song
    Reason: Seeker-Loyalist's bio features him gaining his powers when he's accidentally caught up in another hero's training montage. Hence, his theme song is the Montage Song from Team America.

I'll try and post some of my more serious toon's themes later.
    edited September 2012
    need to go through and get one for everyone else, but:

Hero Name: Quincy St. Moth/Techroid

Theme song: Rush - Working Man

Quincy is a busy man. Between running his company and fighting evil, he barely has any time for himself or his wife.
  • wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For all of mine.

All Heroes
    Song Name
    : Yakety Sax (Boots Randolph)
    Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
    Reason: It suits the whole tongue in cheek campiness of the game.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • maleilahmaleilah Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So far I only have two that I play here but there will be more. And if I do decide to bring them over then you can get to know them a bit here. :)

Hero Name Seryha Mitsuka
    Theme Song Xtal by Aphex Twin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nevnq7MvVTI&feature=related
    Seryha is a fire manipulator from the planet Pyrae. The people of Pyrae don't often have this ability so Seryha is a unique individual. To add onto her uniqueness, her ancestor Illumi resides within her subconscious and tends to appear whenever Seryha's psyche or body is in immense danger. Illumi is the keeper of Seryha's phoenix powers and she tends to heal fast if she were ever to emerge from something horrific. She is sassy and sweet, speaks her mind and leaps like the fire within. I believe this song is very appropriate for her.

Hero Name Greyson Long (aka Runner)
    Theme Song Head Like a Hole by Nine Inch Nails https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2EUUF47Ms
    Greyson grew up on his own after being abandoned in Chicago. At an early age he discovered that to get anywhere or get anything, he needed money. Money was the ticket so he went after it in any way he could muster; Theft, work, odd jobs. He even believed that money would win the hearts of the ladies he surrounded himself with. Only one would prove him wrong, his current lover named Maleilah.

Hero Name Trace Eric Nancier (aka Ten)
    Theme Song Lightbringer (Daniel Myer Remix) by Covenant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyMGAwcnxa0
    Theme Song #2 Pulsewidth by Aphex Twin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVrSr-yxqmE&feature=related
    Trace's history is unknown. He is a twisted mix of man and machine not by his own doing or will. He was a popular athlete at the college he attended and was about to get married when his life changed forever. An ambitious group (name unknown) kidnapped Trace for the sole purpose of creating a supersoldier. His physique and build made him the perfect candidate... now if only he was willing. To ensure that he never spoke to anyone about what this group did to him, they simply popped him upside the head, removed his lips, and tongue and made it so he could never use his voice ever again. The man machine that came to be is known as Ten. He has no face. He has no voice. Only a number. I chose these songs as his theme songs for the reason that he often believes there's hope for him and for those who are suffering.

Hero Name Dreysha Enderguard
    Theme Song In Between by Aes Dana http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKsqaPItSrY&feature=related
    Dreysha has traveled a long way and has finally made her way to Millennium City. She has found the perfect place to hone her skills as a person who deals in opposites. Her powers of Fire and Ice emerged as a child and it caused many problems. She managed to keep it under control until one day, on a seemingly normal day, her nemesis appeared. Drey is headstrong and is quick to make decisions... sometimes on a whim. She also comes in search of her sister and one true nemesis, Ibing Enderguard, to stop her and maybe even save her.

That's all I have for now. I hope you like them.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero - Turando
    Main Theme - Emancipation (Ace Combat 4 - Shattered Skies)
    Reason - Very Solemn, almost feels like you're coming across the end when it's actually the beginning of something new. Chose that since Turando is a younger, more charitable hero than most, and is searching for whatever past he might have.
    Combat Theme - Farbanti Siege (Again, Ace Combat 4 - Shattered Skies)
    Reason - Moving, in the sense that Turando needs to be moving... because standing still for him in combat means defeat.

(And yes, I am a fan of the AC Series. Couldn't get out of it once my older brother got me into it. xD)
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero Name: The Spook
    Theme Song: "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers
    Why: Because The Spook is former CIA. It seems so very fitting. ;)

Hero Name: Sentinel
    Theme Song: "Green Lantern - First Flight" by Robert J. Kral
    Why: Since I first saw this movie, I liked the theme. Kind of techno, has a "fast" feeling to it, so when I'm zipping around Downtown, I'm definitely listening to this.

Hero Name: American Gladiator
    Theme Song: "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC
    Why: American Gladiator is a former athlete, having played multiple sports since Grade School. This particular song is Top 5 for "sports pump up music" and AG has heard it for years. Seems likely he wouldn't mess with tradition.

Hero Name: Ranger
    Theme Song: "Finish the Fight" by Martin O'Donnell
    Why: Ranger has alot in common with Master Chief (from the Halo series) and this is my favorite piece from the series.

Hero Name: The Tabasco Kid
    Theme Song: "Don't Take Your Guns to Town" by Johnny Cash
    Why: Fantastic song for an "urban" Cowboy hero, or wannabe hero in anycase.

Hero Name: Sir Lightblade
    Theme Song: "The Eternal Conflict" by Russell Brower
    Why: Sir Lightblade is a "galactic" hero, in similar terms to Green Lantern, Silver Surfer, and Martian Manhunter. And when I think in terms of heroes traveling the vast expanse of space, alone, I think of the familiar rift which occurs at time index 1:41...quiet, sullen, lonely. This music captures that for me. Then, the music picks up to amazing heights, which are fitting for the type of "titanic" fights that Sir Lightblade engages in.

Hero Name: Ravenwing
    Theme Song: "Nero Death Experience" by Michael Giacchino
    Why: For some reason, even though this song is from "Star Trek" (JJ Reboot) - whenever I hear it, I don't think "Trek" but rather Batman. It seems fitting for someone that soars over the rooftops of a city, engaged in an epic battle with the forces of evil. Ravenwing is just that kind of hero...or heroine to be more precise. - Yes, at the end, it sounds a bit more "Trekkish" but for most of the music, it has a more Gotham City feel to me.

Hero Name: Captain Awesome
    Themesong: "Dropped" by Phantom Planet
    Why: This song has a "hip" vibe to it, and "hip" is what Captain Awesome is. Also, this song was featured in the pilot episode for "Chuck" where Chuck explains to Sarah why he calls Devon Woodcomb "Captain Awesome".

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
    edited September 2012
    Good stuff, keep it coming! :smile:
  • dragonblueydragonbluey Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This isn't a particular character, but whenever I use the powerhouse to train I always think of the Training theme from Perfect Dark. It's just such a good theme for testing things out. It fits so well that I even used it for one of my tutorials.

I've been watching this thread for a while, and for the life of me I can't find any songs that fit my characters perfectly. Nate's Theme from Uncharted 2 fits Bluey because of how adventurous and heroic it sounds, but Bluey's already taken so much from Nathan Drake he really shouldn't take his theme song, too.

So I'll be back later once I do some thinking.
    edited September 2012
    And now I wish I had a spare character slot, because I want to make an Inferno with either Fire Flight or the superspeed with the fire trail, and name him Mr. Fahrenheit (as discussed in Queen's scholarly work, "Don't Stop Me Now":

I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah,
    200 degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit,
    I'm traveling at the speed of light...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    And now I wish I had a spare character slot, because I want to make an Inferno with either Fire Flight or the superspeed with the fire trail, and name him Mr. Fahrenheit (as discussed in Queen's scholarly work, "Don't Stop Me Now":

I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah,
    200 degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit,
    I'm traveling at the speed of light...

Don't you need a second free slot for his sidekick, Supersonic Woman?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited September 2012
    Don't you need a second free slot for his sidekick, Supersonic Woman?
    Actually, I was figuring that for his first Nemesis - he made a supersonic woman of her, and she didn't appreciate it... :wink:

• tharkantharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero Name: Rave Demon
    Theme Song: Kamen Rider Den-O Den-Liner Form
    Reason: This has less to do with the style of the song, and more with the message. The overall message of the song is basically this:

The future is what you make of it. Enjoy yourself and live your life without regrets, as they will only weigh you down.

That fits Rave Demon fairly well. The way she is now is due to her making a deal with a demon, which is something that 99.99% of the population would (and should) regret, but instead of dwelling on it (and the fact that the demon gave her amnesia, effectively making her a prisoner in her own mind in addition to the demon realm), she just looks to the future and thinks of all the super heroing she can do and fun she can have with her powers, which are a result of said deal.

Also, for everyone who watched the music video in the link, you remember the guy in red?
    Rave Demon has a bit of a crush on him.
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For my Gadget toons, mostly They Might be Giants with some L7 thrown in occasionally.
  • gornintheusagornintheusa Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My Theme Song will Be No one Gets Behind by Five Finger Death Punch my Hero is a snake man rambo name Beastie his Nemesis is Tier Harribel from Bleach That's right im a Bleach Fan :biggrin:(Not Stealing their song guys im a Big Five Finger Death Punch fan )
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Saying Nepht is such a JRPG villian wannabe If were being honest here the only tune that would fit her is a ...EPIC ROCK \../ >_< \../ version of Dark Messenger :/

Kuja now there was a villain cuter than most girls , more badass than most men :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • sykovsykov Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Eh.

Two Ton Charlie's theme song: (main)
    Grits = My Life Be Like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-yCg-0-baE&list=FLJgBfpAdCyPdHXXn9U_biQg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Reason: Fits his "not too serious" thing.
    It's a game, not a ****. Don't choke on it.

I own Koda Ortega. Yeah...

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero Name: Angel Of Caine (Yes, i violated the "Green" text rule because i look better in red, cope...)
    Theme Song: I wish i had a "theme song" for my character... :rolleyes: (...Oh wait! :eek: )
    Reason: High energy, great vocals/instrumentals, awsome video (It fits my character, i can't explain it any other way :cool: )

OMG!!!!!! You have found a song I was looking for!!!!!!!!!

It has so much energy!!!!!! I NEED IT FOR MAH fast paced action toons!!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Finnish, the superstrong, tankdude:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvPe0uqjjY
    Jericho Bedlam, cyborg cowboy, grim, gloomy sob, guns and stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8bbD68Umvo&feature=relmfu (100Zen who can spot me there...)
    Crom, alien gladiator, big swords:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leo1DTmspx4&

Most of the time just blasting away with:
    80's 90's Metal. 'Nuff said.
    Amorphis, Sentenced, finnish metal to keep the mood down. :biggrin:
    Volbeat, 5FDP and rest of the "newer" stuff to keep the mood up.
    And stuff.

Up the irons!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • kobolt1kobolt1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero Name: Kobolt (freeform ice/elec)
    Theme Song: The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)

This is one of those songs were it might mean something else to someone...I dont really get that from the song obviously because some of the lyrics are soooooo perfect for my character...

...and plus its just a really cool song here are just a few of the lyrics...

Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder
    Where it's so white as snow
    Privately divided by a world so undecided
    And there's nowhere to go

Step from the road to the sea to the sky
    And I do believe what we rely on
    When I lay it on, come get to play it on
    All my life to sacrifice

...there are other stanza's very expressive of what I play him like in-game :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mr. Universe: From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto, or it might be if I start having a motto. ~ Serenity

@Kobolt
    My DA Page
    The Legion
    edited September 2012
    Oooh Red Hot Chili Peppers. My favorite of theirs are Can't Stop and Californication.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Most of the time just blasting away with:
    80's 90's Metal. 'Nuff said.

Ever played Brutal Legend? :-3 If not, you totally should!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    With my PS3. Still playing.
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • bashannubashannu Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For Demonikus (half human half demon homage to Raven) I like to listen to
    Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones

For Tribunal (TK blades) I like Let it Rock by Kevin Rudolf

And my global's namesake character Steel Shaman has I Am The Doctor as his theme.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Razor Bunny, my main both in CoX and here in CO: a 4'11" girl magically transformed into a giant (as big as the character generator lets you get) sword-wielding regenerating bunny hulk based on a 6' tall stuffed bunny her dad won for her at a county fair. CoX = BS/Regen with a build created for Werner by Iggy Kamikaze ported from Kat/Regen. CO = Currently Devastator but soon to be retconned to Freeform so I can add a second growth power on top of enrage and some better survivability. If CoX had retcons I'd have done her over as TW/Will Power. The Heavy Weapons powerset here was just so perfect for the character.

The Swedish Gummy Bear Song but in my head, I replace the words "gummy bear" with "bunny girl". All the rest fits perfect. I tend to play/sing this during mothership raids and other big climactic battles.

I wear no pants by the poxy boggards. Because she doesn't. Also, she usually takes off her shirt to fight because it's a pain to get the blood out otherwise. I can't tell if I like the italian or german verse better. I play/sing this one at the beginning of big team events like when I started Demonflame here or Dr Q in CoX. Also any other chance I get to start singing it or make a reference to the giant nekkid bunny smashing things.
  • azzamacazaazzamacaza Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hero: A5-Z4
    Theme: Daft Punk vs. Queen - We Will Robot Rock You
    Reason: Because he will robot rock you if you do evil!

Hero: Cyberphim
    Theme: Daft Punk - Human After All
    Reason: He's a selfless robot angel who sympathises with humans, almost seeing himself as one sometimes.

Hero: Neila Flux
    Theme: Katy Perry - ET
    Reason: Say what you will about Katy Perry, but I think this song fits Neila. It could be sung about her or sung from her perspective.

Haven't found a good one for Doctor Doodlebug or Iron Paw (new character!) and I suppose Pokerface could have the song he's named after, but I don't think it really fits his character.
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How could I miss this thread?

Before I start: I've always distinguished between a 'theme song' for a character and a 'BGM'. The difference for me personally is that a theme song often includes lyrics and describes the character in detail, while a BGM could be played in the background, often without lyrics, while the character is fighting, or being introduced.

So here's the theme song of...

Villain Name: Dr. Kaufmann / The Freeshooter
    Theme Song: Supremacy by Muse
    Reason: Well, broken down to the very basics, Dr. Kaufmann is a combination of Deadshot and Lex Luthor: A hitman and mercenary mastermind who HATES superpowered people and hunts them for money (and fun), using guns, gadgets, skill and his mercenary company. Supremacy fits on so many levels for him:

1. There's the title. Supremacy is what he wants. He wants supremacy over superhumans on a personal level, as well as on a societal level. He sees normal humans as superior and wants them to take their place as the apex predators on earth back.

2. The melody. It's very James Bond-like (in fact, this song was almost chosen as the title theme for the new James Bond movie), which fits Dr. Kaufmann, who is supposed to be very secret agent/hitman/mastermind-like.

3. The lyrics, oh the lyrics:

Wake to see - your true emancipation is a fantasy.
    Policies have risen up and overcome the brave.

Greatness dies, unsung and lost, invisible to history.
    Embedded spies brainwashing our children to be mean.

-> Kaufmann's elegy to society who worships superheroes

You don't have long,
    I am on to you
    The time, it has come to destroy...
    Your supremacy

-> Kaufmann about superhumans
    edited November 2012
    Glad to see people still adding their music! :smile:
  • themaskedshadowthemaskedshadow Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hero Name: Netherman (Nicholas Styx)
    Theme song: Breathe - Disturbed
    Reason: The lyrics. They fit perfectly with Netherman's father (and arch-nemesis), Hades, taunting him, trying to turn him into a killer and a tool of the Underworld at every opportunity. Also, the music itself is aggressive and frightening, much like most of the situations Nick manages to get himself mixed up in.
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Didn't even know about this thread until today. :smile:

Hero Name: Nike
    Theme Song: The Touch by Stan Bush
    Reason: Nike grew up angry and bitter, believing she had been abandoned as a child. It wasn't until she neared adulthood that she discovered the truth. The person she had always believed left her behind was secretly a super hero that had died saving the lives of others. As she dug deeper and learned more about the events that resulted in her not having a parent, it forced her to reexamine her own life and compare it to theirs. She found herself severely wanting and felt a deep shame at the resentment that she'd harbored all those years, eventually resolving to live up to the example that had been provided for her and that is why this is her themesong. When things look hopeless you'll find her right in the thick of it, giving her all and doing everything in her power to make sure people come through in one piece.

Villain Name: Forbidden Wisdom
    Theme Song: Lotion by The Greenskeepers
    Reason: Wisdom isn't really your typical super villain. She doesn't want to rule the world. She has no interest in stealing priceless artifacts for their monetary value or advanced technology for the power it might give her. She can even be pretty nice most of the time. She just doesn't believe in the sanctity of life... at all. Not one little bit.She is the kind of person that can be talking to someone, turn, kill someone else, and then go right back to her conversation or would be right at home hanging out with Mickey and Mallory Knox from Natural Born Killers and that's why this is her song. It's very easy for me to picture her humming this song while snapping someone's neck.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ooh, me likey. The problem is that I have veritable soundtracks on Spotify for pretty much all my alts, so its tough to pick just one.

Hero Name: Foxfire
    Theme Song: 1985 by Bowling For Soup
    Reason: Foxfire's a (fictional) pop culture icon refugee from Babylon, a mostly forgotten character from a Saturday morning merchandise show. As such, while time didn't entirely stop for her in 1985, in a lot of ways it still does. Even the extra survival skills she picked up since then have made her a wannabe cowboy cop. She knows what time it is, sure, but she still sparkles, drops 'outrageous' bombs, and secretly pines for Steve Perry. And since she's outwardly a lighthearted character, why not a lighthearted song?

Hero Name: Tide Shifter
    Theme Song: You Are A Pirate covered by Alestorm
    Reason: As a pizza show pirate turned pirate hero at CoX, it was only natural that Denny knew 'You Are A Pirate' by heart. Then I found Alestorm's cover. Something that truly epic was meant as a theme song for a somewhat epic superhero. And since he's still a pirate here, albeit a less overt one, I'll stick with what works. All I need to do is go 'Yar-har-fiddle-di-dee, being a pirate is alright with me' and watch everyone else pick up the singing from there.

Hero Name: T-34
    Theme Song: Soviet Army's Song (Invincible and Legendary) by the Red Army Choir
    Reason: Arkady is the third generation of his family to proudly defend the people as the armored hero T-34. His great-grandfather fought German supers at Stalingrad and his grandfather kept the streets of Moscow safe from black marketeers and the occsasional CIA plot. Even as a natural born American, Arkady still holds his heritage proud enough to keep the name and white and red colors. And who doesn't love a rousing song to shoot would-be world conquerers by?
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
    edited November 2012
    Got two new ones, this music is perfect for what they are. A exiled celestial with a good heart but must fight to keep hope alive with evil closing in around her, and a demon who's becoming less evil and more good. Took me awhile to track down music for you all.

Hero Name: Ynnea
    Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmrQ0tgrnZs
    Reason: It's holy, peaceful, sad, and healing all at the same time. The kind of song you could hear as you die and pass to the beyond. More info on the character herself here.

Hero Name: Gorothok
    Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygw99BBL6io
    Reason: Among demons, he's the one being the rebel. He's questioning being evil and becoming more good-hearted and kind over time. He's even taking to helping humans he likes, like Alyssa, and helping them in battle against others of his kind. More info on the character himself here.
    edited November 2012
    I would like to add that I have not officially listened to everybody's music selections. :smile:

Took awhile but it's been done up to this post. Thanks for sharing your selections!
  • lunakitty42lunakitty42 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hero Name:The Rose Knight
    Theme Song: "Rinbu Revolution"- Masami Okui
    Reason: Haruka Tenjou (Rose Knight) was inspired by Utena- originally, she was a teenaged Olympic contender in fencing who, in the chaos of the invasion of Galaxy City, Rhode Island, took a magical sword from a fallen heroine- Taking it, she found her aglity, dexterity and accuracy greatly increased. Haru managed to lead a group of survivors to nearby Paragon City and safety using the sword and the powers.

A couple of years passed as Haru learned how to use her sword for good, eventually becoming more comfortable with her Rose persona (if not the damned short skirt!) Recently, though, she was on patrol when she suddenly found herself transported to Millennium City, Mich in another universe- and the feeling that the sword has just found its way home...

Hero Name:Oryo
    Theme Song: Edge of Glory- Lady Gaga
    Reason: Rio Kerson (aka Oryo) tends to live in the here and now as well as on the 'edge of glory' as a meta of unknown origin and plenty of optimism...

(You may see changes as I edit this. easier to hit edit than to put the whole thing in at once!)
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Only one of my heros actually brings a song to mind...

Hero Name: Kitty SX-3
    Theme Song: "Fiction (Dreams in Digital)" by Orgy
    Reason: The first time I ever heard this song, it was as a fan-made Anime Music Video using clips from the Ghost In The Shell movie. The movie clips really set some of the song's mood to me, and really stuck in my head.

Enter Kitty SX-3. Kitty is a biodroid, a robot with some organic components too. She was initially created as a companion to a wealthy owner of her robotics manufacturer who was once a power armored hero. He had her created after the death of his wife, and Kitty strongly resembles her. During the Qularr attack, he was mortally wounded and spoke a command phrase to Kitty which activated subroutines in her programming. These subroutines gave her sentience, and her owner's last instruction was to survive. Kitty found his stash of power armors, one of which belonged to the wife. She donned the armor and used it to help fight back against the Qularr.

Kitty lives on her own now, and continues to use the power armor to fight crime.

And yes, she dreams in digital.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• summereveningsummerevening Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hero Name:The Rose Knight

It's not PonPonPon?
    Hero Name:Oryo
    Theme Song: Edge of Glory- Lady Gaga

It's not Cooking by the Book?

Ignore me, I'm silly ^_^

This song is extremely addictive and I would like to base something around it.

Hero Name : Osteoderm
    Theme Song:The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets - Burrow Your Way to My Heart
    Reason: Osteoderm is your classic 90s anti-hero. You know, she was a mutant raised in one of those government labs where they were also teaching suspiciously Caucasian-looking Chinese women how to fight in high heels and a bikini and guys with featureless face masks how to wear eighty pouches and speak in an angry goblin voice. She's got parasitic bone cancer powers that have some weird quirks about how she has to eat and what she needs to eat (nothing that would get her in trouble with UNTIL or PRIMUS, don't worry), but for the most part just tries to be a nice kid. Even so, her powers just make her a big parasite.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    HERO name : Furry Rider Tsurube-Otoshi

Theme Song : Gay Bar by Electric Six

Reason: Just because XD
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any time I'm doing Vibora Bay Apocalypse...
    Phil Lynott and Julie Covington from War of the Worlds.
    Spirit of Man
    There must be something worth living for.
    There must be something worth trying for.
    Even some things worth dying for.
    And if just one man can stand tall,
    there must be some hope for us all.
    Somewhere somewhere in the spirit of man.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    DJ Sharpnel - Hot Pepperz http://youtu.be/_LlKvixpS74
    DJ Sharpnel - Strange Program http://youtu.be/dtiJOaowhvI

All my characters, 24/7, because it's ridiculous....ly awesome! :D

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.