test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Rewards Tomorrow (Sep. 21)

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2012 in Super News Network
It's been a great third anniversary for Champions Online, and we're closing it out with a bang. In honor of the anniversary, everyone can win Questionite by fighting off the Destroid invasion. In addition, starting after maintenance tomorrow (Sep. 21), veteran players can log in to Champions Online to receive a special, one-time anniversary gift based on the beginning of your Champions account!

Get all the details in the blog post.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's been a great third anniversary for Champions Online, and we're closing it out with a bang. In honor of the anniversary, everyone can win Questionite by fighting off the Destroid invasion. In addition, starting after maintenance tomorrow (Sep. 21), veteran players can log in to Champions Online to receive a special, one-time anniversary gift based on the beginning of your Champions account!

It's not going to be exclusive only content is it? (I.E. Will they get them free, but other people can buy anything that may be new from it at a later time?)

I skimmed your other thread and saw mention of Nighthawk jet AF's and nighthawk AF, and would like to know if it's ever going to be purchasable for those who don't qualify for it?

I mean, it's great you are rewarding people for how long they play a game and loyalty, but i really hope everyone else can eventually buy the things from store too :)

Edit: Also, i was wondering if i could ask what exactly is this Vanguard Heirloom Gear? I only ever heard of Nemesis Heirloom Gear, is this new? o.O
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's very similar to the Nemesis stuff - it provides a bonus to your primary and secondary super stats that grows as you level, is account-bound, and provides a small XP buff while worn.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well fudge. after nearly 2 years of calling my character "The indomitable" Techroid, Ill never be able to have that title. Swell.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    It's very similar to the Nemesis stuff - it provides a bonus to your primary and secondary super stats that grows as you level, is account-bound, and provides a small XP buff while worn.

Anychance you can screenshot the stats at lvl 40 sometime? :) I am very curious
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    remembering offhand, stats at 40 are about 320-350 for the primary stat, 150 for the secondaries.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why does it only go to two years if it's a three year anniversary? And if it's only one per account what happens if you already have the heirloom gear? Aside from those two questions I think it's really awesome that you guys are doing this for the players. Thank you and i look forward to tomorrow.
  • Options
    vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is it just tonight people can log in to get their rewards, or will I still get them if I log in say...tomorrow night?

Gonna be somewhere with a very bad connection tonight, so I'll have a hard time getting the stuff then.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I too want to get the Hawkwing Heavy Fighter AF in the future. And if they are made to be rewarded automatically for reaching a specific account age, I can accept that.
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just to be sure, are these rewards like Veteran's rewards in that they only apply to gold/lifet.?

• Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    they specified - "from first time logged into game" so applies to everyone would be my logic.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    they specified - "from first time logged into game" so applies to everyone would be my logic.

Correct. Qualification is not based on gold status -- this giveaway is blind to subscription status.

As for whether you'll be able to get these items in other ways in the future... I honestly don't know. There's a lot to be said for exclusives and how special they make players feel, but that has to be balanced against other factors. Right now there are no plans to make them more widely available, but that could always change.
  • Options
    originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I really hope this set is per character and not one set per account. Probably won't be but here's hoping for common sense..
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited September 2012
    edit.. moving..
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    vendince wrote: »
    Is it just tonight people can log in to get their rewards, or will I still get them if I log in say...tomorrow night?

Gonna be somewhere with a very bad connection tonight, so I'll have a hard time getting the stuff then.

Still haven't found any answer to this. Do I HAVE to log in tonight exactly, or will the rewards be granted if I log in tomorrow? The text is very unclear on how big the window for when you can log in and get your reward is.
  • Options
    steven198807steven198807 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

how do i get it, i have played more then a year on my main account on and off but cant find it in my bag ;(
  • Options
    thorkentthorkent Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They said 'after maintenance' and maintenance not started yet. Just be patient and wait until maintenance starts and ends for take your gifts.
  • Options
    leiielleiiel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I really hope this set is per character and not one set per account. Probably won't be but here's hoping for common sense..

I have multiple copies of the heirloom gear due to a purchasing error. You just cannot have duplicate pieces on the same toon at the same time.
  • Options
    bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Still haven't found any answer to this. Do I HAVE to log in tonight exactly, or will the rewards be granted if I log in tomorrow? The text is very unclear on how big the window for when you can log in and get your reward is.

=========================================================
    The way it worked on PTS last night is that we got an account wide email with the rewards so you should be able to pick them up anytime with any character.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ooh, sounds fancy. And there's only 40 minutes until we all get them!
    ... I'm actually not sure what I'm going to get. I think this account started as a free trial account way back when CAD-comic's brief look at the common cloning we get in one comic happened...( ... By the inks and editors! I never thought about it, but I was introduced to Champions... because people make clones? GAH!), so I guess I much older than when I started to play regularly, upon Free For All's launch (give or take a few weeks).
    Unless I had a different account when I did that trial. It was a long gap. Oh well.
    *Excited*
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    These are not exclusive to today/tonight. There's a limited time to claim them, but that limit's not coming up anytime soon, not even this week as far as I'm aware.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Just what I needed to know. Thank you so much. I do plan on collecting this weekend for sure.
  • Options
    kobolt1kobolt1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    one-time anniversary gift based on the beginning of your Champions account!

Soooo my first log-in was 2009 (just recently came back...CoH exodus) or is that based on continuous subs? I read the blog also and it sounds like...If you first logged in two years ago before 9/20/2010 you're getting the top tier of prizes :confused:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mr. Universe: From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto, or it might be if I start having a motto. ~ Serenity

@Kobolt
    My DA Page
    The Legion
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I'm a bit stumped here, I got given The Courageous, Undettered AND Indomitable Titles.

I've only been logged in since March 22 2011. So realistically I should only get upto Undettered.

Well on the Bright Side "The Indomitable Mentella" Sounds very nice :biggrin:
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    skcark wrote: »
    Anychance you can screenshot the stats at lvl 40 sometime? :) I am very curious
    Ask and ye shall receive. :smile:Click here for a pic of the three Nemesis Gear Primary items (pasted into one pic) being worn by someone at L40. Each piece gives you +49 to your Primary SS and +28 to each of your Secondaries. If you wear all three you get +147 Primary and +84 to each Secondary. This will scale depending on your level, so it's great when creating/leveling new toons, no need to buy new gear as you rank-up (in fact, it's all I ever use when making Alts, anymore).

I can't speak for the Vanguard Heirloom gear being given away in this Anniversary Rewards (I don't qualify for it), but it sounds like it's just like the Nemmy gear, so congrats all who are getting it! :biggrin:
    These are not exclusive to today/tonight. There's a limited time to claim them, but that limit's not coming up anytime soon, not even this week as far as I'm aware.
    Sweet! Personally I plan on claiming my prize tonight, but that's still good news. The title unlocks, they're account-wide... Will those "account perks" remain once unlocked, so, say in a few months I go to make an(other) Alt, they will get them? I mean I expect this to be true. I presume the "limited time" is only to claim/get the prize e-mail from Defender...
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In addition to the +3%XP gain you get from each of the pieces of gear, if you wear all three, you have a buff called Heirloom Empowerment (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm tired).

It provides you with a small energy and health return while you are in combat. It's great!

The Heirloom Empowerment buff does not work in alerts (probably due to sidekicking, I'd suggest this is by design).

Edit: corrected buff name.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I'm a bit stumped here, I got given The Courageous, Undettered AND Indomitable Titles.

I've only been logged in since March 22 2011. So realistically I should only get upto Undettered.

From what we are able to tell, you first played Champions Online on June 1, 2010, and rightfully deserve the 2-year reward :cool:
  • Options
    alfinpogformalfinpogform Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So I created my account in beta and I don't have any rewards in my mailbox. Does time before the game actually launched not count?
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So I created my account in beta and I don't have any rewards in my mailbox. Does time before the game actually launched not count?

If you were never in the game once people had to actually pay something for it (i.e. first launch) and only played during the free beta and never again until now (going by your September 2012 join date here) I'm not surprised you didn't get anything. That's not supporting the game.

Now if that's not the case then it's ticket filing time.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    kage84kage84 Posts: 0
    edited September 2012
    If you were never in the game once people had to actually pay something for it (i.e. first launch) and only played during the free beta and never again until now (going by your September 2012 join date here) I'm not surprised you didn't get anything. That's not supporting the game.

Now if that's not the case then it's ticket filing time.

I'm not sure if beta counts for this or not, but either the beta or the free game time they did way back seems to have counted as I received the full rewards on my account and I didn't buy the game or spend any money on the game until a bit after f2p launched.
  • Options
    zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Maybe you got a special attention? :rolleyes:
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    From what we are able to tell, you first played Champions Online on June 1, 2010, and rightfully deserve the 2-year reward :cool:
    ---

Well I started to play on F2P, got the 1-year vet chest and the 2 titles. :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Worked perfectly, I got all ranks of the stuff. I thought I might. My first subscription was shortl after release, after all. I DID leave for a bit, but came back and resubscribed shortly after F2P. Even if I don't always play it daily, I have a fondness for this game that keeps me coming back again and again.

Not sure if the Vanguard set is supposed to be just the primaries, but hey, it still works.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I got the titles .. but nothing else :frown:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Beldin, have you checked your mailbox? The rest comes in a package that's in your in-game mail.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I got the The Courageous and The Undeterred titles on each of my toons that logged in this morning. I also got an e-mail from Defender that contained an Anniversary Reward Kit - 1 Year, which was as expected. I was kind of bumbed the e-mail only went to the one toon, the first that checked the mail. I would have liked the Drifter Tokens to have gone on another toon, but c'est la vie.

My Kit inlcuded the following:
    Special Edition Action Figure: NightHawk
    Special Edition Action Figure: Nightwing Interceptor
    Drifter's Catalyst Grab Bag (2x Drifter Salvage)
    Halloween Treat Bag (Witchcraft's Magic Candy Corn)
    Mountain Costume Grab Bag (Rock Bracers, Healing Device 4-Pack)

Thank you Cryptic. :smile:

Now if only I could get my The Ascendant title, due to me.

:rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Beldin, have you checked your mailbox? The rest comes in a package that's in your in-game mail.

Ahh .. ok its in the mail but only visible for the very first character you have logged in, and
    not for every chararacter.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It is normal to find the little babby jet fighters the cutest thing in the world, right? I'm not weird to think that, right?
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    xvii013xvii013 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    vorshoth wrote: »
    It is normal to find the little babby jet fighters the cutest thing in the world, right? I'm not weird to think that, right?

I really like the mini jets as well :tongue:

Thanks for all the gifts, Cryptic :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Ahh .. ok its in the mail but only visible for the very first character you have logged in, and
    not for every chararacter.

That's weird. But at least you found it. Glad there was no problems apart from that.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What about those of us that got account bugged? I haven't logged in to check, yet, but a few of us were here quit a bit earlier than the rewards we were getting on test. I've sure as hell been here 2 years, for example, even if it did involve a small hiatus between 2010 and 2011. I'm not the only one effected, did we get a look or do I gotta post a bug report in game?

Please say it's not the latter, I never get much love from GMs.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    chibiwolfchibiwolf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay I'm relatively new to the fourms... Been around on and off since launch so yeah, I got the titles and the gift box.... were the action figures supposed to be random? or do we ALL get them?
    Because I didn't get the action figures. :( I opened the boxes, both the 2nd and 3rd year one.
  • Options
    champs1981champs1981 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I logged in yesterday and it said I had mail. Never grabbed it. and I just noticed when I logged in today and it gave me The Courageous and Undeterred Titles. but the mail is now gone.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    champs1981 wrote: »
    I logged in yesterday and it said I had mail. Never grabbed it. and I just noticed when I logged in today and it gave me The Courageous and Undeterred Titles. but the mail is now gone.
    Is this the same character? If so, go to an UNTIL Terminal and check your mail - it will only be there for the character you first logged in with.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    It is the same Character, I had logged in next to Kodiak when I got the Beep for the mail. It was late and I logged.The next day and I logged back in and its gone.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You did check the UNTIL Terminal in Ren Center?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yes I did.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you believe receive your items, check you Overflow Bag. It will be the right most bag icom above you Device hot bar. If youre main inventory is full, the system will put items you receive from mail or opening bags/device into your Overflow bag. Even if you have open space in oeht bag

And the buff for all 3 Vanguard Heirloom items is called 'Heirloom Empowerment'. No popup text. What the heck does it do?

Edit:

I've disovered what the "Heirloom Empowerment" does. It's a proc that will give you a tick of health and energy. At level 22 I'm getting 28 Health and 9 Energy. I don't know what triggers the proc. The closest I've been able to get is that it's while in combat. Possibly while taking damage. And it doesn't seem to have a cooldown. I've gotten two ticks very close to one another: < 1 second apaert.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I thought it was a health/endurance on kill?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can i give my Heir loom gear to my other builds? Or just the one i logged in with?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Put it in the Hideout shared bank and you can. The Vanguard Heirloom is accountwide unlock, meaning everyone of your characters can use it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    sevenohfivesevenohfive Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Please reconsider doing it this way in the future. Or at least if you do be sure to add a big annoying pop-up like you did with the alerts since some of us don't check the forums very often and there is little reason to check in-game mail and dig through all of that socrates spam for the exceptionally rare important mail.

Unfortunately, I apparently deleted the character that received the mail, most likely because it went to some random low-level alt that I was testing an idea with and decided against keeping before ever leaving the powerhouse.

In-game support seems fixated on the idea of restoring the deleted character and they want the name, level and date it was deleted. I'm old, I have two full pages of characters and I've deleted countless others (that's what happens when you give me a costume editor that makes it fun to come up with tons of new characters only to realize once you're in the game that you don't like them after all) so asking me to remember that is like asking a politician to tell the truth.

I could care less about most of the stuff but the heirloom gear looked handy for an altaholic like me. Oh well...