test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Costume Pieces

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
As time goes on, we're getting more reports of missing/invisible costume pieces. We're working to resolve this, but we only have two eyes apiece.

If you identify a costume piece that's been missing since the Friday patch, please post the full name here. I know Champs' visual customization is one of the biggest reasons you're all here, and with your help, we can get the costume pieces fixed up as soon as possible.

(Since this is a bug report thread, I'll be moderating it pretty heavily. If you've got something relating to this to discuss, definitely feel free to open another thread, but I'd like all posts in here to be as concise and precise as possible. Thanks guys, I and the rest of the team appreciate your help -- we are but mortal, and your eyes can help us a lot.;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The only one I am aware (and concerned about) is the nighthawk set for females. If you try to use the whole set as its advertised on the Z-Store and the website, you won't be able to use the "back" piece and the "chest" piece together. In fact there's a "nighthawk" cape, but the cloak is missing...

Likely this is due that the "cape" piece includes chest pieces (as you hove your mouse over it, on the unlockables list) and the "cloak" piece doesn't list chest pieces at all...

Easy fix for this?... add this as a chest layer piece like the arabian chest, so we can use it with tights.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • tharkantharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I earned Irradiates Jacket 2 via a mob drop from irradiates, but I can't find it anywhere on any of my characters, including the character I earned it with. Its not in jackets tab, not in the treasure chest tab, nowhere. Am I just looking in the wrong places i.e. female character instead of male, or is it actually gone due to bug (or is it a pre-existing bug)? The recognition vendor recognizes it as earned via drop, even though I can't see it in the tailor.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All righty:

I'll be honest, it isn't much of a 'bug', but in all fairness when the Nighthawk hood was in 'head wear' and not in 'hoods', there was a LOT of awesome stuff that could be done with that. It got 'fixed', and personally I'd like to see it 'broken' again, as would many others who were using this hood with their head.

Not a 'Patch bug' here either, but the Warlord bracer flamethrower/gun thing seems to invalidate the chest wear category. It sort of strikes me as odd that this is the only bracer that does this.

Apologies if this isn't what you were looking for, but the hood thing was AWESOME and I hate that it was done away with.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The big one I can think of is the missing worm head and the brains.

But I'm pretty sure you're aware of those two by now...

:tongue:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nighthawk chest tights are no longer usable with jackets or chest wear. They appear in the options for regular chest and arms, but if you select jackets from the drop down menu and go back to the chest and arms wear, they no longer appear as an option for tights. If this is intentional, please undo it, but I'm hoping it's just a bug because it didn't happen until I tried to edit a character's costume yesterday.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While we're at it, Hi-Pan's Hat has been screwed up since the Hi-Pan alert event.
  • variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Pulp Rockabilly Hair seems to have gone missing as well.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Pulp Rockabilly curls are also missing in action!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kittilipy/screenshot/900972751249416851?tab=public

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tharkan wrote: »
    I earned Irradiates Jacket 2 via a mob drop from irradiates, but I can't find it anywhere on any of my characters, including the character I earned it with.

The Irradiates Costume unlocks are for male characters only. All the Irradiates in the Southwest Desert are of the Male Gender, so female costume variations were never created. If you can not see these costumes for male characters, then these costumes could be apart of the issue.
    Apologies if this isn't what you were looking for, but the hood thing was AWESOME and I hate that it was done away with.

Reports such as this are not really what we are looking for in this thread. This thread was created due to costume pieces randomly disappearing from the game. For example right after the most recent patch, we found that the Female Worm Head Costume was completely missing, and characters that have already had this costume applied to one or more of their costumes, are now walking around headless. These are the costume issues we are trying to hunt down right now.

To clarify, If you notice a costume part on one of your pre-existing costumes, that is no longer there, please post the costume part here.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • tharkantharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    drannic wrote: »
    The Irradiates Costume unlocks are for male characters only. All the Irradiates in the Southwest Desert are of the Male Gender, so female costume variations were never created. If you can not see these costumes for male characters, then these costumes could be apart of the issue.

Well that answers that its not a bug (or at least what I witnessed was anyway).
    Thanks.
  • drgrendeldrgrendel Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a character who wears a "huge humanoid helmet" on most of her costumes with the "Dual Droopy Antennae" custom head wear part.

Since Friday the antennae have been missing.

D.G.
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully this qualifies but the Dr Ka Chinstrap that is displayed on the Champions Rec vendors and as the Icon for the skirt unlock (???) is unavailable for purchase as I assume it was intended to be.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Droopy Antenna and Dual Droopy Antennae (custom head wear accessories for retro sci fi huge helmets) are both missing.
  • valandarvalandar Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Would it count to mention that if you choose the Jacket torso category, and choose the Ancient Armor, your shoulders and upper arms vanish completely?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No. You shouldn't mention it.
    Because, THIS.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looking in the Character Creator, I found an interesting bug - when I filtered for items I already owned, it included a fair number of costume packs I never purchased (the Tesla gear, for instance, and the Zombie pack) as if I owned them. I was unable to select any of them; clicking on those selections resulted in the same thing as selecting "None". I'll hop onto my secondary later and get you a complete list - that one never purchased anything.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Because, THIS.

As much as I love the look of that character costume, that is a bug in our tailor that will need to be reported.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As much as I love the look of that character costume, that is a bug in our tailor that will need to be reported.

This is why we can't have nice things.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
    edited August 2012

Dude.

Come on.

As much as I love how you guys are serious about getting the costume pieces back for some people- and that should be the first priority...

It's like buying your kids a swing set, and then realizing the hellions love playing in the box. I mean, really- this costume isn't 'broken', it's just got a duplicate in a different category. Why not let us have this little 'glitch'?

Admittedly, I don't know enough about this to know if it would cause other problems (computer programming is considered witchcraft and sorcery in my mind), but...

I respect what you do, but this is something that most people don't consider 'broke'. Can you at least give us a reasonable answer as to why these little 'fun bugs' can't be left in the game?

Otherwise, I ain't really mad at ya.
    edited August 2012
    stoopidme wrote: »
    Hopefully this qualifies but the Dr Ka Chinstrap that is displayed on the Champions Rec vendors and as the Icon for the skirt unlock (???) is unavailable for purchase as I assume it was intended to be.

That strap isn't for the 'chin'...
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Dude.

Come on.

As much as I love how you guys are serious about getting the costume pieces back for some people- and that should be the first priority...

It's like buying your kids a swing set, and then realizing the hellions love playing in the box. I mean, really- this costume isn't 'broken', it's just got a duplicate in a different category. Why not let us have this little 'glitch'?

Admittedly, I don't know enough about this to know if it would cause other problems (computer programming is considered witchcraft and sorcery in my mind), but...

I respect what you do, but this is something that most people don't consider 'broke'. Can you at least give us a reasonable answer as to why these little 'fun bugs' can't be left in the game?

Otherwise, I ain't really mad at ya.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter if we think an effect like that should stick around because it looks cool. It's an obvious bug that needs to be addressed and remedied.

I don't get this community sometimes. There are so many complaints about this game being riddled with bugs and how the devs aren't doing anything to fix them and then a minute later there are complaints about devs squashing bugs.

Anyway to be on topic:

Jacket Irradiate 2 still renders the back of the left arm, the left center the back and right shoulder invisible underneath the jacket.

I'm also seeing pieces from the Beast Heads set in the tailor being shown as unlocked even though I've never purchased the pack or unlocked them in-game. I can even spend resources to have them put on my costume even though they don't actually get added.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ...I don't get this community sometimes. There are so many complaints about this game being riddled with bugs and how the devs aren't doing anything to fix them and then a minute later there are complaints about devs squashing bugs...
    Um, maybe because it's it always SEEMS the "cool" bugs are the ones getting priority.
    And the game breaking bugs seem to stay around forevah :eek:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Um, maybe because it's it always SEEMS the "cool" bugs are the ones getting priority.
    And the game breaking bugs seem to stay around forevah :eek:

You don't know what their bug fix priority is; none of us do. Graphical errors and bugs tied to costume pieces are much easier to fix than some of the more deeply rooted coding errors this game contains.

Start another thread if you want to rehash this stupid argument YET AGAIN.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    misterjust wrote: »
    Droopy Antenna and Dual Droopy Antennae (custom head wear accessories for retro sci fi huge helmets) are both missing.

Yikes i noticed that way earlier then forgot to mention it here because of my darned memory problems (part of my disibility) made worse by it being on a costume i've not been wearing so much lately... but is on my avatar!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • outofworkeroutofworker Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    for the record, I've also had the pulp hair and the droopy antennas on the space helmet dissapear.

I have seen all the nighthawk cossie bugs including the female cape, i have the dissapearing arms with ancient armor and therefore feel like im just seconding or thirding or twenty-fifthing what others have said.

but i wonder if this would be a good time to ask agian about costume peices being allowed to open up in various categoeries. You know what I mean?
    'The Clipping" peices.. ???
    ~ Life is too short to take seriously ~
  • rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Superconductor chest piece still unavailable for females.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Cyberpunk Torso is still male only.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't know if you are still looking into this issue or if you already closed that case, but I have a costume piece missing: Arm Accessories -> Spikes. It's there for female characters, but not for male ones. But I'm pretty sure it was there, at some point.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We lost so many things from game. >.<

Legacy Power Replace Items' costumes.
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157901
  • samuraiwingsamuraiwing Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Demon Collar, Chest and Hips from PRIMUS vendors doesn't work.
  • misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well it looks like Droopy Antenna, Dual Droopy Antennae and Pulp Rockabilly Rolls are back in the tailor, but their animations aren't working, they just sit there instead of boinging around like they should :confused:. Its less than ideal to be honest, I hope the devs haven't given up on fixing these parts.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Any way you folks could make it a FEATURE?
    Maybe a Q or even Z store option for INVISIBLE costume pieces?
    Because that character is in the dictionary under the word "Win".

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but: I don't think I've ever seen the Bird People Helmet for a male toon. Like, ever. Really, that entire set needs to be cleaned up; as I recall, to this day, male toons are still getting a ridiculous bra of some sort when the torso is set to Skin. And in all honesty, considering the feather patterns that the Bird People base textures plaster all over the model, any kind of undergarments at all just look silly.
    Also, I seem to remember the piece called Thick Strap working with Chest Wear. It doesn't seem to anymore.
    I'm also still noticing pieces from the Recognition Vendors are only unlocking on a per-character basis, while others are not. Please give the whole list a once-over.
    And lastly, I'd like to suggest allowing the bracer piece called Deco to work with certain Long Glove pieces, most notably the Alien Hand pieces. These same ones seem to be what the Qulaar enemies use, and frankly, I see no reason that players shouldn't be able to use them together, either. The Deco bracers themselves are set up high enough on the forearm that I believe clipping issues with most other Long Glove pieces shouldn't be too bad. In any case, I feel that they should at least work with the Alien Hand pieces, like we see on Invasion Leaders and World Burners.
    Edit: Not really a case of "missing pieces" per se, but still a small oversight: The Deco Pattern for the Tech Edged subligar in the Hips Wear/Gear section should have a matching Glow Slider for its fourth swatch, to match all the other pieces in the Legacy Power Armor look. It stands out horribly if any of the other pieces glow.
    Also, the Superconductor Helmet Piece has no glow sliders attached to it, whereas every other piece does. This strikes me as an oversight. And the Superconductor tights pieces should also probably glow, too, as I see them doing on the NPC UNTIL Recognition Vendors.
  • sircupcake60sircupcake60 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay if anyone not mention this, I will. The Fire Demon head only unlocked on one character. Not all of them? While other costume unlocks like it unlocked for everyone. So can you please fix this so that players can make more fire demons/dragons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bumping to make sure game content threads aren't knocked off the front page.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    From someone in-game:

can you check [Dragon armor helmet] its not showing in my tailor i have asked around too
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    From someone in-game:

can you check [Dragon armor helmet] its not showing in my tailor i have asked around too

Mines missing. It seems to have been replaced by Hi Pan's hat.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Females don't have Irradiate ANYTHING.
    Females cannot access the Cyberpunk Torso.
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Females don't have Irradiate ANYTHING.
    Females cannot access the Cyberpunk Torso.

All of those pieces had been confirmed by devs to be male only, they are not missing. Just as some pieces are female only as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
    edited September 2012
    Well, except for the Cyberpunk torso.
    Pretty sure that's supposed to be available for both genders.
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Kudos for being more proactive and communicative on this issues.

I have the Anniversary Sparkly Shirt unlocked and it is not showing when I go to the tailor.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi-Pan's Sorcerer's Hat can not be unlocked once you unlock the Hi-Pan's Dragon Helmet. It overrides thinking that you already unlocked it.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bobj021960 wrote: »
    Kudos for being more proactive and communicative on this issues.

I have the Anniversary Sparkly Shirt unlocked and it is not showing when I go to the tailor.

Did you check the Jackets section or the blue box of costumes??

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yup. Sparkly Shirt is a jacket. Some cryptic naming going on.
    http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Anniversary_Sparkly_Shirt
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anyone else missing the flappy-hangy-down thing on the Persian 2 belt? >< Cause I seem to be missing it. (The No Cloth version looks identical to the normal version.)

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mines missing. It seems to have been replaced by Hi Pan's hat.
    malvou wrote: »
    Hi-Pan's Sorcerer's Hat can not be unlocked once you unlock the Hi-Pan's Dragon Helmet. It overrides thinking that you already unlocked it.

Ha. That's why was so strange, when i was searching around on AH i found that Hi Pan Dragon Helmet was still unlocked (i already had it before).

Anyone else missing the flappy-hangy-down thing on the Persian 2 belt? >< Cause I seem to be missing it. (The No Cloth version looks identical to the normal version.)
    Yesterday, i think i saw some other player with that sash thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
    edited September 2012
    Not the sash - I still have that.

I'm missing the flap on Persion Belt 2 < . .> It looks kinda loincloth-y.

• zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not the sash - I still have that.

I'm missing the flap on Persion Belt 2 < . .> It looks kinda loincloth-y.

haha *catsurp*
    That was fast. er... Actually i did get the Arabian costume set yesterday, actually because of that, i used on my female Specialist, i think was working.
    I guess is this one?
    http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/zerojad/screenshot_2012-09-09-17-51-42.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, that's the one! For some reason it's not showing up on my menu... hrm, but if you've got it... how bizarre. >.< gonna try re-logging, maybe that'll jar it loose.

edited September 2012
    Bump, to keep this on the front page so TT can see it easier.