test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who WERE you? (CO & CoX)

Comments

• bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Here: I was @BellaStrega since the one-week open beta prior to launch. I don't mind the change to BelleSorciere although I would have appreciated my attempts at capitalization being honored.

On City of Heroes, I was KaliMagdalene on the forum and kalimagdalene on global chat for a long time. A couple of years ago I changed it to BellaStrega on the forum and BellaStrega for global chat.
  • peprallypeprally Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Heya Steel, and Kali. It's good to see some familiar faces from Champion.

Was there ever a B.O.S.S. SG made in CO, Kali? I know there is a MEGAFORCE.

Hope to team up with you guys some time. Let me know if you need any help setting (back) in.

Also, my global in-game seems to be @Pep_Rally in CO as well, not peprally as I thought. I guess thats different than my forum handle.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Always been @JennyMachX in CoX ingame (Virtue) and forums, in CO ingame and forums old and new.
  • bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    peprally wrote: »
    Heya Steel, and Kali. It's good to see some familiar faces from Champion.

Heya. :D It's been ages since I've seen you.
    Was there ever a B.O.S.S. SG made in CO, Kali? I know there is a MEGAFORCE.

I do not know. I have some BOSS members on my friend list from launch, but I haven't seen them in game recently.
    Hope to team up with you guys some time. Let me know if you need any help setting (back) in.

Also, my global in-game seems to be @Pep_Rally in CO as well, not peprally as I thought. I guess thats different than my forum handle.

Adding you to the flist. :D

My biggest problem at the moment is working out how to rebuild my already leveled or somewhat leveled characters - that is, my level 40 (focused on power armor, munitions, and gadgeteering), my level 33 (focused on force field and electricity), and my level 23 focused on munitions.

Most of the guides I've seen are rather out of date, and I can't seem to find much discussion on what kind of shape the defensive passives are in.
  • sophiallriandrisophiallriandri Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey folks.

My old CO forum handle was Sophia_Llriandri. Since the change its sophiallriandri. I was in the CO open beta, and the final closed beta iirc. I also played CO for a time after launch, but I went back to CoX. Not played CO in over a year, possibly 2.

In Paragon, my global was, and still is, @Sophia Llriandri, a resident of Union. So, if there are any other Unionites about .o/.

No idea whether I'm coming back to this game tbh. I'm still of a mind to steer well clear of PWE and Cryptic after what they did to STO especially, but, we will see.

If NCSoft has any sense, or someone gives Paragon Studios a new home, then I doubt I will be back in MC anyway :p.

Have fun ya'll,

Sophia.
  • fist1vbfist1vb Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @1VB FIST @1VB FIST2 on CoH/V primarily on Freedom and Virtue.
  • calingotimecalingotime Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Soph. o/

's good to see you again.
    Now get back into my pocket with Tiny Soph. >:C

Para. <3

Former CoH Player - Paradox Fate
    Current CO Character : Jake Frost (Glacier AT)
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My CoX global was @Cricket and I played on Victory (because we had our own emote. :tongue:)

Old CO forum: Cyrone85

New PW forum: cyrone

CO In game: @Cyrone85
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • stardiverstardiver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Samuel Tow here, determined to give Champions Online another shot... Soon?. Right now, I'm just posting to see what name I show up with. If it's the one I want, then that's me. If it's not, then I'll just have to make a new account and come up with a new name.

*edit*
    Yeah, Stardiver isn't what I wanted to show up as. Pity. I take it there's no way to change that?
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *intergrated info. from a post on the "Pro-boards" HERE due to it being a similar topic*
    *updated to here*
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • sophiallriandrisophiallriandri Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Soph. o/

's good to see you again.
    Now get back into my pocket with Tiny Soph. >:C

Para. <3

Para! *glomp*

Will we see you on Union before the lights go off? *kitten eyes*
  • mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stardiver wrote: »
    Samuel Tow here, determined to give Champions Online another shot... Soon?. Right now, I'm just posting to see what name I show up with. If it's the one I want, then that's me. If it's not, then I'll just have to make a new account and come up with a new name.

*edit*
    Yeah, Stardiver isn't what I wanted to show up as. Pity. I take it there's no way to change that?

It depends - if your account name is the same as your screen name, you *might* be able to get it changed via customer service. I was able to back when the game launched at least.

That said, yeah, usually they don't do that <;_;> sorry Sam. (Also Hi! I remember you <^_^>)

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
    edited September 2012
    It has come to my attention that there are MULTIPLE "channels" and "SG's" being created to suppliment our disposed CoX brethren...
    (please see "post #4", as it's been edited to reflect this fact)
    ...ANY Owners of "channels"/"SG's" please read that post and reply :biggrin:
    Thanks,
    :cool: 'Caine
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My CoH global: Mister Playskool
    CoH forum handle: MrPlayskool
    Champions(pre-PWE) forum handle: Brou
    Champions global: @Brou
    Perfect World forum handle: Someguywhoplaysgames (CS told me no on changing)
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Guess I'll join the party. If A.o.C. hadn't have started this thread, I would have. But I wouldn't have maintained it nearly as well as he, so be very grateful...

Here on the forums the old me was Rhyatt, while the new me is Lokikin. In game I'm still @Rhyatt (thank goodness)...

No one knows me over at CoX. I was only there back in '04 for 6 months and I wasn't very sociable. But, for what it's worth, I was Lokizden...

:smile:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    coh forums:rian frostdrake
    coh global @rian_frostdrake
    co global @rian_frostdrake
    co-old forum:rian frostdrake
    name listed at my company that really weirds out the H.R. dept Rian frostdrake.
  • darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stardiver wrote: »

*edit*

Nice to see a familiar and prolific face!!!

(This is Aura_Familia) :biggrin:

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • draugadandraugadan Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It has come to my attention that there are MULTIPLE "channels" and "SG's" being created to suppliment our disposed CoX brethren.
    I think it would benefit our CoX players to add a listing them HERE also.
    If you OWN the channel, or RUN the SG, please post the names of said channels/SG's in this thread, and i'll keep track of them in THIS post :wink:
    "Channels": .
    "SG's":
    • Paragon Refugees (run by same person who runs channel of same name)
    That way they can look them up for help playing CO :biggrin:
    :cool: 'Caine

The best place for CoH players to go to connect with other CoH players is the channel CoX (yes it is case sensitive).

This is the oldest and largest channel devoted to CoH players. I am subscribed to both CoX and to Paragon Refugees. I have seen the occasional person trying to get help and connect on Paragon Refugees and with about 1/10th the number of members often nothng but crickets follows a request for help.
    However, on channel CoX there are always people on waiting to help any and all that need it.
    I recommend for the good of everyone we direct people to the channel that gives them the best chance of connecting with other CoH players. That channel is CoX.
  • som3one1som3one1 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    CoH Global: @Som3one
    CO: Global @PzTnT

I think this is my first post on this forum so just check my name for the forum name.
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I never played CoH, on the old forum and in the game, I'm Knickknacks, in the new forum (obviously) I'm Mersenneprime.

I just thought I'd comment here because I'm always willing to answer questions for peeps and lend a hand to the lost or confused.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • n3thergoatn3thergoat Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    coh: @nethergoat

CO: dunno, unless it's the same as my display name in which case @n3thergoat
  • stardiverstardiver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Samuel Tow from City of Heroes here. On the forums, I shall be Stardiver, just because I used the name of my character Stardiver when I created a Perfect World account to try Rusty Hearts (didn't like it). In-game, I'm still Samuel_Tow, however, owing to my old Cryptic Account I had for Champions Online from before the Perfect World business.
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've never played CoX, but my CO name(s) did change:

OLD(forum-CO): PatricianVetinari,
    NEW(forum-PW): ???,
    NEW(forum-CO): lordhavelock,
    CURRENT(in-game-CO) @PatricianVetinari.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, I do not have lots of accounts. I have only ever had this one on CO. Well, now, PW kind of forced me to create a new logon for the CO board when I tried to log back on a few months back. and when I logon now, at the top pf the page it says; Welcome Zedbrightlander1.

But when I logon to play the game (CO) I still just see myself logged on as zedbrightlander (with no extra digits).

I don't know, I still get the little pings when ever I sell gear at the AH and those make it to my in game In-Box just fine, but I have not seen a personal ping in a while in my PM In-Box.

Also, there are never any messages waiting for me when I am logged on to this board so I honestly cannot say if the "1" on my account means that I can no longer receive non-in-game messages or what.

I think that I'm trying to say is, if some wants to send a test message to - Zedbrightlander1 - I won't complain and that will let me know if a board message will also go to the in game in-box. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • sethpcsethpc Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Might as well join in ...

I was Goliath Bird Eater over in CoH, though some of you who left CoH for CO at it's launch might remember me as Smashmouth.

@Smashmouth is still my in-game handle for CO and STO, back from when I beta tested them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    coh global: @Rune [Was on Virtue for most all my time there, with Champion as back up.
    co global: @Rune
    co forums:iamrune
    co-old forum:Rune
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just run the Paragon Alliance. I had run the channel "cox refugees" but I killed it to consolidate with motherslove in the CoX channel. :)

I'm EvilTaco in both games, globally. My main in CoX was Chernobyl on virtue.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited September 2012
    I just run the Paragon Alliance.
    I had run the channel "cox refugees" but I killed it to consolidate with motherslove in the CoX channel...
    Then who runs the channel "CoX"? :confused:
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    feelin a lil left out here :D waaay back on post #20 i posted mine and still not in main list.... gonna pout :frown:
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey the goat is here, coolness =) and Sam Tow.

Anyway, I'm @gavin runeblade in CoX and will be until the day the servers go dark. And I'm @gavinruneblade here.

It was the @gavinruneblade in CoX originally but last summer the space appeared for no reason customer service could ever determine in about 40 or 50 people's global handles. Hehe.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For about a year and a half at launch, I was a guy named Shirtless Bob on Champion server. (Yeah, not much of a serious character.) If anyone remembers me from in-game, my jaw would drop.

Here, I'm the much more serious and mullet-y Thundrax, and occasionally one of his alts, handle @Thundrax.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    feelin a lil left out here :D waaay back on post #20 i posted mine and still not in main list.... gonna pout :frown:

preachin to the choir.....one day we will not be so easily overlooked :biggrin:
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
    edited September 2012
    *updated to here*
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    arblaque wrote: »
    preachin to the choir.....one day we will not be so easily overlooked :biggrin:

theres alot of people who posted, has not been listed. such as myself and more then a few more. im post #24.
  • cmdrgodfreycmdrgodfrey Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'll throw mine in as well, I guess.

CoH Forums: Commander
    CoH Global: @Arachnos Commander
    CO Forums: cmdrgodfrey
    CO global: @cdrgodfrey

Virtue Server/CoV
    Villaingroup: Arachnos Elite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    High Arachnos Commander. Let me show you mgiht Arbiter makeshift outfit sometime. you might like it :smile:
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • calingotimecalingotime Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Para! *glomp*

Will we see you on Union before the lights go off? *kitten eyes*

You betcha. :cool:

Former CoH Player - Paradox Fate
    Current CO Character : Jake Frost (Glacier AT)
    edited September 2012
    Bumping to make sure game content threads aren't knocked off the front page.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Another bump, unfortunately, is needed. Sorry folks.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Two bumps isn't working, you need to bump harder!
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Two bumps isn't working, you need to bump harder!

This bumping could get ugly...be careful
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    haha bumping uglies, classic!:biggrin:
    edited September 2012
    *updated to here*

(And ty4 the "bumps" folks, but i'm "subscribed" to the thread :wink:)
    (It might fall off for a few hours to a day, but i'll update it and it will scroll :biggrin:)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The bumping really wont be needed, once the spammer is banned.

But by pointing that out...also made me a bumper. (insert evil grin here) :biggrin:
  • damz1damz1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    City of Heroes: @Damz
    Champions Online: @Damz1

That 1 is bugging me.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    CoX: @gandales (mainly Victory Server with Legion of Valor ) Mains Akaime, Jinete Sable and villain Fel Hound 001

CO: @gandales playing since open beta.:biggrin:
  • felfoxfelfox Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Back in CoH I was Felfox, both villain and heroine on virtue.

Here I'm also Felfox ^^
  • hfmuddhfmudd Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    CoH players will recognize me as @Megajoule.
    "HF_Mudd" was the name I took for STO, so that's why it is what it is now.

Don't know if I'll be sticking around, but thought I should at least say hi.
  • faredsboltfaredsbolt Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My COH name is @Fared's bolt
    In Champions online, @Fared
  • errandrunnererrandrunner Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm fortunate that I got to keep my global name from COH to here (the only difference is the space).