test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

With all this talk of CoX shutting down...

bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestions Box
...it's the perfect opportunity for CO to shine. The weekend CoX shuts down, here's what I'd do:

1. Add a new free AT - one that uses might but with an offensive passive. We could call it "The Incarnate" :biggrin:

2. If at all possible, implement some way, (which doesn't use one of a Silver player's 2 character slots), that allows them to try freeform - perhaps a free 3rd character slot that allows freeform but will be locked down once the event is over or something.

3. Re-use the portal device in Harmon Labs, from Resistance, and create a little event involving heroes coming to MC from some *other* dimension :tongue:

4. As part of the event, let's finally get Westside cleaned up! Perhaps add some open missions that revolve around this concept - things like having to save civilians from stuff falling from a crane high above, or our characters destroying rubble and actually contributing to the rebuilding of Westside... stuff that doesn't necessarily involve beating up bad guys.

5. Lastly, get at least 1 GM monitoring zone chat in MC - have them be polite and helpful, but also give out warning if things get out of hand, and GET RID OF THE REPORT SPAM AND IGNORE = MUTED THINGS!!!
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would call the AT The Paragon actually. Most of your ideas I am not sure how feasible they would be. But they would be nice.

I think adding a Statue of Statesman with a memorial plaque in remembrance of CoH would be a nice gesture to.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would be awesome to have some kind of reference to Statesman in CO, in memmory of CoH. But I'm not sure if he still belongs to Jack Emmert (used to be his Champions PnP character) or if NCsoft owns the rights to the character now.
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the concept of an AT is nice, but..powers..what on earth would you give it?
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Perhaps something reminiscent of CoH powersets,or even to an extent,something like Freeform,but not freeform,a semi-freeform-ish AT.Also I'm for the idea of putting a plaque and memorial to CoH in Millennium City,and maybe an event.
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm sure Cryptic will think of something.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Even if that would be nice .. but with all the current bugs i don't thing it would be good if
    they rush some more stuff out with even more bugs. Instead they should fix stuff so that people
    from CoH don't have a look, see all the bugs, and dissapear after 1-2 days and never look back :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would be awesome to have some kind of reference to Statesman in CO, in memmory of CoH. But I'm not sure if he still belongs to Jack Emmert (used to be his Champions PnP character) or if NCsoft owns the rights to the character now.

A statue would be nice.
    edited September 2012
    actually, i take back my previous statement, i think preforming such an action would be a spit in the face to the CoX community. most people there are getting the news, and having to deal with it in various ways. its been the home of thousands of players for years and while yes, this is teh fate that will meet all mmos in time, this came like a train from nowhere.

This is Champions, not City of. let Paragon City rest in peace when its time finally comes. if the players there want to come over here and continue their super heroic mmo experience, thats all great and good, but lets not resort to actions that could be conceived as a spit in the face, or rubbing salt into the wound.

besides, cryptic has a lot on their plate already with preexisting stuff that is in need of desperate review. i.e. now would be a wonderful time for a telepathy review, might, etc.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Might doesn't need another review. It's gotten more than any other power set in the game. Telepathy is also already getting more powers from what I hear.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Some kind of acknowledgement would, I think, be appropriate, though a statue would be a bit much. Perhaps a memorial plaque somewhere to "a group of heroes from another world who sacrificed themselves in a battle against Gravitar" (or Shadow Destroyer, or Therakiel, or whomever) with the names of CoX's iconic heroes would be more appropriate.

A new free AT using elements of the CoX world/storyline/whatever wouldn't hurt either, though not having been a player of that game I really can't evaluate any specifics.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    Join in the Doctor Who fan film, Doctor Who 2.0 Origins!
    My ideas: Arch-Nemesis
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Basic idea for an AT:

"The Paragon"

Role: Hybrid
    Primary Superstat: STR
    Secondary Superstats: CON/PRE or CON/DEX
    Spec Trees: Strength, Protector, Brawler

1 Clobber
    1 Beatdown
    6 Mighty Leap
    8 Unstoppable
    11 Hurl or Thunderstrike
    14 Enrage
    17 Demolish
    21 Retaliation
    25 Aggressor
    30 Shockwave or Havoc Stomp
    35 Haymaker
    40 Unleashed Rage
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Only problem I see with a statesman style at? We already have one, it's called the behemoth.

I like bob's idea of a plaque somewhere. I think that's a good tribute.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Only problem I see with a statesman style at? We already have one, it's called the behemoth.

Behemoth is a tanking AT. Mine would be either DPS or Tanking, and have a slightly different loadout of powers...
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    To make the COH people feel at home Cryptic should provide mittens.
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A Small statue of Statesman outside of the Cryptic building in MC would be okay in my mind.
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Statesman had some "Zeus" type powers. Mystic lightning oriented stuff. I agree with Bioshrike's overall idea for an AT, although personally I'd throw in another lightning style power or two, the Primal Storm Summoning power is a pretty good candidate seeing as it's got a sort of Mystic feel to it.

Although, I personally liked Positron more. From what I remember, he was one of the few heroes that had the gull to smack talk you when you fought him redside.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    edited September 2012

The Behemoth is pretty much The Hulk. Statesman is more like Captain Marvel.
  • Options
    tomquantumtomquantum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is kind of ironic because speaking to the CoH members of the video game forum community I'm on, they were happy (very happy) to see Jack Emmert leave, and also pretty happy when Statesman was killed off.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    tomquantum wrote: »
    This is kind of ironic because speaking to the CoH members of the video game forum community I'm on, they were happy (very happy) to see Jack Emmert leave, and also pretty happy when Statesman was killed off.

I wasn't as active in CoX as I would have liked to be, but I don't really understand what the players had against Jack Emmert. And even less what they had against Statesman.
    Personally, I have something against major character deaths in comics. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    malvou wrote: »
    A Small statue of Statesman outside of the Cryptic building in MC would be okay in my mind.

Cryptic building? Where's that? :confused:
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    Join in the Doctor Who fan film, Doctor Who 2.0 Origins!
    My ideas: Arch-Nemesis
  • Options
    tomquantumtomquantum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wasn't as active in CoX as I would have liked to be, but I don't really understand what the players had against Jack Emmert. And even less what they had against Statesman.
    Personally, I have something against major character deaths in comics. :rolleyes:

Understanding the why is unimportant (I mean really, who cares?)

However, the fact of the matter is he wasn't some beloved figure over in that game. "Welcoming" the CoX refugees by throwing an Emmert/Statseman memorial in their face is a very bad idea, and will come off as ignorant or trollish to many of them.

I'm sure the OP means well.

Im just providing information on what sort of things I hear from current CoX players.