test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow Strike Setup

alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
edited September 2012 in The Hero Games
I have done only little testing with this power but from what i understand there are few powers that can be used while steathed that wont break Invis. If anyone has any ideas or powers that work feel free to post. The main reason i played pvp in city of hero's was for the Stalker AT(invis setup). They had Assassins strike power that was high dmg from hide and nearly one shoted people sometimes.

My favorite thing in pvp games is the invis role. The concept of hiting for top dmg from hide is fun and it also gives meele a chance for a win. Granted 95% of pvp is ranged but i think through time will be seeing more Shadow Strike builds. I myself am gonna only really looking to use that power with some mid range powers. Only prob im having so far is geting into close range and geting that power off.

I dont think its fair to be seen so far away when my Night Warrior is a squishy build. You could make a mini tank with it prob if you really had nice gear but lets be realistic if invis was harder to see people wouldent need to worry about living because they would pop outa hide shadow strike then run away. As it is now shadow strike is definitly the strongest power to use that doesnt need buffs or enrages built to use. Unleash rage is amazing but seting up 8 enrages takes longer then just a quick hide and shadow strike tho geting in range is difficult.

Please anyone testing this build out let me no what i should look to get. Unbreakable and Field surge are prob best defence to use because they absorb dmg that wont break invis.All im looking for is a power to use while im invis that will stop the target from moving so i can instant kill them. All those builds with over Ten k hp and 8k bubble shields now have to worry about geting one shoted. 21k from one attack is definitly alot but however it is hard to use and can be countered to easy. plus the fact that if you attack it breaks steath and you have to wait to use shadow strike again.
Post edited by alodylis on

Comments

• oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why don't you... Experiment in the power house? or post a build people can look at? Why do you have this expectation to get any help out of starting threads like this?
  • alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Because a decent person would help me and not complain:) Besides you pvp people are all pritty kewl why cant i ask for help in this fashion. And for starters i dont have a build atm only did testing on PTS for a bit.

For someone to suggest a power that works for steath and doesnt break it is enough to understand what im talking about. If you dont no then you dont but if you do post your thoughts. Besides i dont no enough about the set to really make a fit build. Going to power house and testing alone is already tough. I just figured somebody may no something i dont and thats why i have this thread.

Next time buddy maybe talk about my post and try to help me not post about how bad it is or give me a dumb answer "test in power house" honestly man wtf your post was worthless. Im not trying to be a mean person but thats a slap to my face honestly have better manners next time. When i read someones post i only post back with stuff related to it. Dont be upset with my reply eithor cause i mean no disrespect just wish you would have helped me instead of giving me the run around.

Think next time
    edited August 2012
    alodylis wrote: »
    Because a decent person would help me and not complain:) Besides you pvp people are all pritty kewl why cant i ask for help in this fashion. And for starters i dont have a build atm only did testing on PTS for a bit.

For someone to suggest a power that works for steath and doesnt break it is enough to understand what im talking about. If you dont no then you dont but if you do post your thoughts. Besides i dont no enough about the set to really make a fit build. Going to power house and testing alone is already tough. I just figured somebody may no something i dont and thats why i have this thread.

Next time buddy maybe talk about my post and try to help me not post about how bad it is or give me a dumb answer "test in power house" honestly man wtf your post was worthless. Im not trying to be a mean person but thats a slap to my face honestly have better manners next time. When i read someones post i only post back with stuff related to it. Dont be upset with my reply eithor cause i mean no disrespect just wish you would have helped me instead of giving me the run around.

Think next time

lol at every backhanded insult you placed in your response. But you know what? I -will- help you. Evasive Maunvers and Smoke Grenade have adv's that can help the type of build you mentioned... but those are no-brainers. Meaning, if you had half a brain you would've known those powers already. So... What more can be said? Be creative. Use the powerhouse or PTS to make builds that work like everyone else does. Stop pandering to the decent PvPers for them to simply hand over a build to you... :tongue:
    edited August 2012
    Im looking for powers that dont break steath that would help geting my shadow strike off. smoke nade isnt helping get shadow strike off unless your counting the factor of not being seen. Just for the record you started first and i said sorry for my posting if it insulted you. You however just insulted me with worthless info and made comments about me being stupid. If you cant help just ignore my threads its that simple im not tryna fight with somebody who is not helping what so ever.

Just nvm this thread it wont get me anywhere and just so you no i cant access the game atm to even run tests so usen the power house is outa the question. I just thought maybe somebody would no a good power to run with the setup. Im not asking for a whole build more of just steping stones to making a build. Also i took it easy on you with my last post i didnt call you any names i just said your post was worthless like your last one time. Even if i had half a brain id still have half more then you.(there you go slight insult):) have a great day!
  • rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ego Hold or Sleep maybe?
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im looking for powers that dont break steath that would help geting my shadow strike off. smoke nade isnt helping get shadow strike off unless your counting the factor of not being seen. Just for the record you started first and i said sorry for my posting if it insulted you. You however just insulted me with worthless info and made comments about me being stupid. If you cant help just ignore my threads its that simple im not tryna fight with somebody who is not helping what so ever.

Just nvm this thread it wont get me anywhere and just so you no i cant access the game atm to even run tests so usen the power house is outa the question. I just thought maybe somebody would no a good power to run with the setup. Im not asking for a whole build more of just steping stones to making a build. Also i took it easy on you with my last post i didnt call you any names i just said your post was worthless like your last one time. Even if i had half a brain id still have half more then you.(there you go slight insult):) have a great day!

You're insulting someone who bites back pretty hard there. Part of hanging with the pvp crowd is being able to deal with the egos and attitudes. You made a really bad first impression upon what's left of the community - be willing to deal with the gruff you receive because it will be plenty - some of the better pvpers in the game are still constantly harassed if that gives you an idea.

Ego sleep won't break stealth, a number of powers won't, even ice cage for the time being. You really just need to try it out in ph, that's what we end up doing.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have done only little testing with this power but from what i understand there are few powers that can be used while steathed that wont break Invis. If anyone has any ideas or powers that work feel free to post. The main reason i played pvp in city of hero's was for the Stalker AT(invis setup). They had Assassins strike power that was high dmg from hide and nearly one shoted people sometimes.

My favorite thing in pvp games is the invis role. The concept of hiting for top dmg from hide is fun and it also gives meele a chance for a win. Granted 95% of pvp is ranged but i think through time will be seeing more Shadow Strike builds. I myself am gonna only really looking to use that power with some mid range powers. Only prob im having so far is geting into close range and geting that power off.

I dont think its fair to be seen so far away when my Night Warrior is a squishy build. You could make a mini tank with it prob if you really had nice gear but lets be realistic if invis was harder to see people wouldent need to worry about living because they would pop outa hide shadow strike then run away. As it is now shadow strike is definitly the strongest power to use that doesnt need buffs or enrages built to use. Unleash rage is amazing but seting up 8 enrages takes longer then just a quick hide and shadow strike tho geting in range is difficult.

Please anyone testing this build out let me no what i should look to get. Unbreakable and Field surge are prob best defence to use because they absorb dmg that wont break invis.All im looking for is a power to use while im invis that will stop the target from moving so i can instant kill them. All those builds with over Ten k hp and 8k bubble shields now have to worry about geting one shoted. 21k from one attack is definitly alot but however it is hard to use and can be countered to easy. plus the fact that if you attack it breaks steath and you have to wait to use shadow strike again.

LOL come on admit it, what you are asking is for the newest baddest FOTM build so you can phew phew all the noobz right?:rolleyes:

This is part of the reason PvP is dead namely, that people who have no idea of building a toon get a FOTM build and then think they are the s**t and trash talk the losers (who most probably are as new as them just without a FOTM build). I've seen tons of ppl like you over the 3+ years of CO and I'm not impressed. Who do you think you are fooling by stating that it's a difficult setup. LOL I already have a build in mind that will probably become mainstream soon enough once people figure it out (if they didn't already). You want to PvP then do your homework. Part of the bad rep PvP gets is from those like you who don't know a thing about it yet pawn newcomers with FOTM builds just to be an a**. That is not to say that there are veterans who don't do that but at least they are not so hypocritical about it since at least they spent some effort finding those FOTM builds.

It's one thing to ask for build advice it's another to EXPECT anyone to hand you out a FOTM build. OH and don't tell me you are not asking for a FOTM build because you know and I know and everyone who reads your thread knows what you are asking for.
    edited August 2012
    Think i will try ego sleep might work out for what im working on. And just so you no all i anit asking for a build i asked for a few power ideas and me give pvp a bad rep? For usen a FOTM build? I dont use Fotm and if you have seen my older posts i made fun of you Aopm people. As it stands right now you dont no me well enough to even say if im a good or bad person in pvp. You should really mind your business cause i didnt ask for a hand out. I just asked for a few powers that might work.

Problem with pvp now is you all have bad attitude's starting a argument with me for no reason.I only insult people if they start with me first which is the case in this thread. Really people get over yourself,s thinking im the ememy. If you cant help me dont bother insulting me.

I asked for a few power combo,s for Shadow strike is that alot to ask for? NO ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

To the person who said ego hold/n Sleep- I thank you for that tip i shall be trying it when i get home next week. And to those of you with bad attitude ill be seeing you in pvp a nd i wont take it easy on you. Say i started the fight first then really you have no brain at all next time read my post. Also for 5th time i didnt ask for a build SMH you noobs read first before starting trouble. Thats the problem with pvp today people are so ignorant and rude. Me im a nice guy im fair and i dont start trouble i only finish it.
    edited August 2012
    Think i will try ego sleep might work out for what im working on. And just so you no all i anit asking for a build i asked for a few power ideas and me give pvp a bad rep? For usen a FOTM build? I dont use Fotm and if you have seen my older posts i made fun of you Aopm people. As it stands right now you dont no me well enough to even say if im a good or bad person in pvp. You should really mind your business cause i didnt ask for a hand out. I just asked for a few powers that might work.

Problem with pvp now is you all have bad attitude's starting a argument with me for no reason.I only insult people if they start with me first which is the case in this thread. Really people get over yourself,s thinking im the ememy. If you cant help me dont bother insulting me.

I asked for a few power combo,s for Shadow strike is that alot to ask for? NO ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

To the person who said ego hold/n Sleep- I thank you for that tip i shall be trying it when i get home next week. And to those of you with bad attitude ill be seeing you in pvp a nd i wont take it easy on you. Say i started the fight first then really you have no brain at all next time read my post. Also for 5th time i didnt ask for a build SMH you noobs read first before starting trouble. Thats the problem with pvp today people are so ignorant and rude. Me im a nice guy im fair and i dont start trouble i only finish it.

LOL @ you. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Hero Games, bud. :biggrin:
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    oobtree wrote: »
    LOL @ you. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Hero Games, bud. :biggrin:

Awww $hit, Malwares gonna bite. You done it now brah, he bites hard :cool:
    edited August 2012
    I dont mind trash talking in good nature. That why i trash talk in a friendly way some people cant take a hint that its just a joke or maybe they get upset easy idk nor do i really care! Im here for pvp and pvp only so ill wait till i make my pvp appearence again cause i no i have a lot of haters aiming for me. Besides on live i dont have level 40 or any purple gear! Once im maxed out ill be taken names and numbers! stay tuned!
    edited August 2012
    I dont mind trash talking in good nature. That why i trash talk in a friendly way some people cant take a hint that its just a joke or maybe they get upset easy idk nor do i really care! Im here for pvp and pvp only so ill wait till i make my pvp appearence again cause i no i have a lot of haters aiming for me. Besides on live i dont have level 40 or any purple gear! Once im maxed out ill be taken names and numbers! stay tuned!

LOL @ you don't even have a level 40 yet.

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously in a long-term lvl 40 unrestricted PvP environment? Your last thread contains an immeasurable amount of insults to me alone. And guess what? I play Hero Games a LOT so expect some thrashings. :tongue:
  • zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, i noticed the first time the "spam" of your new threads "plz make Shadow Strike to be able work after the lunge plz" and your kinda typos.

Well i can't say much because i'm silver and pretty new here, only started to play a few months again.

I only tried some powers with Sneak that didn't break the stealth much, using a melee taunt and keep a little far away, Strafing Run and tried some pets to attack; Ninja Vanish/Teleport to "hide" yourself again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    oobtree wrote: »
    LOL @ you don't even have a level 40 yet.

Clearly he was born pro. :rolleyes: (not at writing though)
    edited August 2012
    Well for starters this is a new accont i dont have my old one anymore.(wish i did sigh) But just wait till im ready for pvp gonna pwn you all even those of you that try to gank me. And if i lose ima still talk smack its how i roll! My threads are brilliant i get people fired up!

Quote-If you cant take the heat then get the hell outa here
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well for starters this is a new accont i dont have my old one anymore.(wish i did sigh) But just wait till im ready for pvp gonna pwn you all even those of you that try to gank me. And if i lose ima still talk smack its how i roll! My threads are brilliant i get people fired up!

Errr is that the purpose of your posts? To get people fired up? Then I think you should not get too absorbed into a game. People can play PvP well enough without having the dislikes and hate. Sometimes the anger and ego gets carried away. What is the point in that? We should enjoy playing a game and not get angry at it or its other players. Furthermore, such exchanges may put off other new players who wants to try their hands at PvP but gets turned off by the hostility. I beseige you to reconsider your approach as the best way to keep PvP alive if that is your purpose.
    edited August 2012

Didn't take you long to show your true colors lol. I saw through your BS the moment I read the OP. The only reason you appeared "nice" (ish) is to fool people into helping you. You are not the only one who's ulterior motives have been revealed and then started to lash out and threaten ppl. Go ahead and see if you can pull it off. I'm quite certain the PvP community needs a punching bag and you fit the role perfectly. You are digging your own grave here and you don't know it. You can't just mess with the PvP community and think they'll let you go. You have no idea how obsessive compulsive some of those ppl are when it comes to this sort of thing :cool:. Looking forward to seeing your Q.Q threads about how unfair PvP is lol.
    edited August 2012
    But honestly im going to have to decline that im not tryna ruin the game for anyone nor am i trying to start a thread about fighting i want to heal this hostility as the person 2 post above me said. I agree with that person hence why im done posting to bad tho i really liked posting threads because i want to do is try and throw my ideas on here to maybe better the game.

Sorry to those who felt hostility i really just wanted help with shadow strike i love that power but couldent find a combo for it. Ill go try powers next week to see what i come up with everybody have good evening. my bad people maybe i just really come off as a bad guy. Never once intended such stuff but you cant win every battle.

Enjoy your few days of summer im out
    edited August 2012

Don't tell people you're gonna pwn them. Of the small group of regulars that are left, none of them, myself included for now, are targets you're gonna dominate solo.

Painting a target on your back doesn't get people fired up, it just gets you farmed. When I kill that leecher I hunt for with reckless abandon, I'm still not "fired up".
    edited August 2012
    Why arent you fired up? I sure am cant wait to retcon and get shadow strike!
    edited August 2012

Already tested on a pve variant that's mostly fist. You'd need ice cage to root the target and ego sleep to hold the target - but while both can work and not break stealth, the two together aren't compatible.

Landing the hit is the biggest challenge - duel wise it's more plausible, but in most pvp situations you'll either be waiting to cloak or having your stealth broken and your target will typically be getting away all the while.
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2012

this thread made me lol.
    Bizarro anyone? :biggrin:
    Well for starters this is a new accont i dont have my old one anymore.(wish i did sigh)

Sucks getting banned doesn't it? :wink:

But just wait till im ready for pvp gonna pwn you all even those of you that try to gank me. And if i lose ima still talk smack its how i roll!

*watches & starts making popcorn*

alodylis wrote:
    My threads are brilliant i get people fired up!

Are you self-congratulating yourself for trolling or for being incoherently idiotic when you post? I can't tell.

Bravo I guess? The window on the shortbus is already clean, you don't have to keep licking it, mmk?

alodylis wrote:
    If you cant take the heat then get the hell outa here

Actually the quote is "if you can't take the heat, then get the hell out of the kitchen." It was originally said by Harry S. Truman.

Also, I personally tend to go towards heat sources with copious amounts of water, carbon dioxide, dry powder, and even axes & chainsaws, your comment doesn't apply to me in the slightest. :wink:

*shrug* I don't know why being one of the despised players and picking on people sounds like fun, but if you ever decide to play the "I'm new & innocent" card again I'll be calling your bluff with way you've said today. "Sorry" will just be another lie.

Oh btw, I've seen far better trolling attempts. As the Counter-Strike-founded griefing clan myg0t showed (www.myg0t.com), if your really going to troll, it should be infamous/legendary. Make a check list and break as many rules you can legally break, and make it obvious as hell for the lolz. Putting on an half-way act is amateurish and boring. If you're already intent on heading down that road, a fireworks display as you crash & burn is far more interesting to watch! You're not getting 100% rage, ergo you fail. Hell I can even easily think of a checklist of the top 10 most annoying things you can do in Champions Online. It's easy, all I'd have to do is to think of the exact opposite of everything I would do that is do the right thing or not starting things. Scamming, stealing, spamming, impersonating, making racist costumes & comments on zone, start talking about something religiously-sensitive on Zone, act like Caliga does in RP but do that in alerts by just standing back at the spawn and ordering and insulting your slaves for their incompetence while doing nothing to help the battle, agro everything possible (especially in Recruiting Drive) and then die while doing nothing but the wave emote, die repeatedly in Gravitar's alert and then use a macro to spam the "I need help" button every millisecond until the instance server lags up and crashes everybody out of the instance, etc... If you want to be a jerk, as you clearly do, and rage people, you're not really going all-out, which makes you just boring.

I don't claim to understand why this would be fun, for me it's not. I prefer teamwork, being nice in-game, and getting along with people in a social setting. But I do understand how to troll or enrage.
    edited August 2012
    To those pvpers that dont use force cascade i support you. Its a amazing power that shouldent be used in pvp. Why not gimp yourself a lil bit just to make it fun for everyone. If you FC one shot the weak builds makes them feel like Cr@p. All you great pvpers should own with gimp builds is that so much to ask for.

Also i never was banned you idiot yes your a idiot thinking i got banned i just dont have my old account anymore. For reasons i wont explain because i dont have to. I love this game the community just wish you give me a fair chance get to no me better because if i call you noobs for usen Aopm and Force cascade really people those two combo are really good and you should gimp your build to make it fair for the noobies.(yes im a noob) havent played pvp in over a year or two alot has changed im still geting used to it and also my video card is really old i lag alot in pvp.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    agentnx5:

Oh man, why do you have to stir it up again, I already got him to tone down.
    edited August 2012
    sorry wesleytansg he started it!!
    edited August 2012
    Alodylis will get his, just as soon as he drops the cowardly act/excuses and gets stomped in BASH.

"They're coming for you, Barbara."

Nice attempt to save this poor soul, wesley, but his number is up.
    edited August 2012
    To those pvpers that dont use force cascade i support you. Its a amazing power that shouldent be used in pvp. Why not gimp yourself a lil bit just to make it fun for everyone. If you FC one shot the weak builds makes them feel like Cr@p. All you great pvpers should own with gimp builds is that so much to ask for.

Also i never was banned you idiot yes your a idiot thinking i got banned i just dont have my old account anymore. For reasons i wont explain because i dont have to. I love this game the community just wish you give me a fair chance get to no me better because if i call you noobs for usen Aopm and Force cascade really people those two combo are really good and you should gimp your build to make it fair for the noobies.(yes im a noob) havent played pvp in over a year or two alot has changed im still geting used to it and also my video card is really old i lag alot in pvp.

You know, if you hadn't said anything in these forums as of late, you'd just be "another face in the crowd". Instead you voice opinions that even non-pvpers are calling you out on and blatantly insult people with no justification.

As much as I enjoy my setup, one of the reasons its as successful as it is is the fact I don't make enemies galore and enjoy the company of most of what's left of the pvp community. I try to respect my opponents regardless of skill level, whether I dominate them or get blasted to oblivion.

When people hunt you in force, it doesn't matter what you run, you will be defeated and often. Giving people reason and motivation to go specifically for you is only going to make for an even more unpleasant experience.
    edited August 2012
    sounds like a plan lets all gank alodylis to make areselfs seem cool
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh, that's cute. Another stealth user who isn't aware how badly he's gonna get thumped by all of the infernal builds that're about to pop up to counter his exact strategy. Hell, I'm half tempted to build one just to hear the nerd rage.

Have fun, op. I can't believe anyone actually gave you advice.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh, that's cute. Another stealth user who isn't aware how badly he's gonna get thumped by all of the infernal builds that're about to pop up to counter his exact strategy. Hell, I'm half tempted to build one just to hear the nerd rage.

Have fun, op. I can't believe anyone actually gave you advice.

Here is a good question: how counter the new powers. I'm sure some of us have already find some limits to the stealth. No stealth, no shadow strike.

That's also what PvP is up too, omho.
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How? Eye of the storm. Sparkstorm. Hurricane. Lead tempest. Sword cyclone. shuriken storm. Quicksand. Vicious cyclone and the might version. Epidemic.

Sparkstorm's particularly funny because you don't even have to pay attention to it. Stealth is *useless* for shadow strike if the target is dropping frequent pbaoes. Or, you know, perception gear.

Personally, though, I'm way more scared of the stealth force cascade spikers. Shadow strike, I feel, is gonna be a short lived gimmick in pvp.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Quick question how dose the new stealth play with pestilence If i remember correctly pestilence is a constant PBAoE would it pretty much automatically knock the stealther out of stealth.

Also as a fun but probably eventually pointless build have a play about with a stalthed pet master not tried it in PvP as i build it on test but in PvE its kinda fun may replace my current ghost based character with it.
    edited August 2012
    You have an extremely limited time to perform the shadow strike, I have tested it out a coupe of times. Most of the time it kicks you out of stealth but it looks like there is a way to still hit them if you time it right.

All DoT's make them phase out of stealth, so things like poison, bleed, hex of suffering, etc. are excellent counters to stealth users. Epidemic is also very useful, as it hits a wide area of effect around you.

Hope that helped a little ^.^

EDIT: EvilTaco has the right idea :) I am glad that all the people who thought shadowstrike was there "I win" button are getting put in there place. I did make a toon with it tho, and find it extremely entertaining in PvE, but its going to be outgunned in pvp pretty quick, or at least matched - which is how it should be
    edited September 2012
    I started to retcon a pve toon specifcally for pvp Shadowstrike - but their are just so many weaknesses to building around that one attack it's just not worthwhile unless you really have fun with it.

Stealth is meaningless since all the real competition will have solid perception.

Sure one can tele around and catch someone fighting someone else and maybe get the kill, but the bottom line is if someone chases you down, or applies constant pressure, you'll never get a shadowstrike off to land a killing blow, competent opponents will ascension away out of range if you lock them down, and will be pounding at you from range all the while. Sure you can run a ranged build with just the option of shadowstrike, but you'd end up using your ranged powers so often that you'd hardly bother using it at all.
  • amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Could you help me with this build? It was inspired by you, and I'd like to attempt to either bring it back, or learn about what you would change to make it viable to today's standards, even if it means changing the whole setup.
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon
    edited September 2012
    well for starters my build is all about absorbing damage. So you minor AoE wont break my steath just so you no. I got powers like MR and unbreakable to eat dmg my CD will be good for unbreakable to. This is a build with no masterful dodge as for my other powers i made some mistakes but oh well. Im a shadow strike only build so beware! If i catch you off guard you will be one shoted.
    edited September 2012
    ...just so you no...

IT'S "KNOW" YOU ASSHAT. GD IT! Learn to spell.
    edited September 2012
    I prefer to spell how i choose. Im a nightmare for a english teacher but hey spelling isnt my job nor will i need to spell your way. Saying No over know is okay with me so bite me!
    edited September 2012
    Saying No over know is okay with me so bite me!

Those two words mean two different things. ******.
    edited September 2012
    I prefer to spell how i choose. Im a nightmare for a english teacher but hey spelling isnt my job nor will i need to spell your way. Saying No over know is okay with me so bite me!

LOL the Shev is strong in this one. :rolleyes:
    edited September 2012
    lmao im just hard headed i (no) i am wrong but i type smaller words sometimes when i can its like text message. Where you use stuff like u or no over know. Honestly dont see why its a problem even if its wrong who cares honestly? Does it make you not sleep good when i type no over know? CTFU!
    edited September 2012

There is a point when it stops being "cute" and is reflective of a lack of maturity or intelligence.
    edited September 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    There is a point when it stops being "cute" and is reflective of a lack of maturity or intelligence.

You can't be seriously suggesting that it was not blatantly obvious from his first post that he's not what he seems to be.
    edited September 2012
    nightr0d wrote: »
    You can't be seriously suggesting that it was not blatantly obvious from his first post that he's not what he seems to be.

It depends on what you "seem" him to be =P
    edited September 2012
    If you want something to be spelled correctly get a life if you understand what there saying its not a miss communcation. Shorter words are for faster typing. If your gonna hate go somewhere else dont care what you think. Also intelligence get's something said to someone faster where they understand what your saying.
    edited September 2012
    If you want something to be spelled correctly get a life if you understand what there saying its not a miss communcation. Shorter words are for faster typing. If your gonna hate go somewhere else dont care what you think. Also intelligence get's something said to someone faster where they understand what your saying.

With responses like this, you're not doing yourself any favors.
  • lady808lady808 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Me no speaky English!!! Me no speaky English!!!

Oh wait. I mean...

OP no speaky English!!! OP no speaky English!!!

I'm going to guess that English is the OP's 2nd, 3rd, or possibly 5th language. If English is the OP's primary language, the only thing I have to say is... Oh my LORD the school systems are worse than I thought!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my ****... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
    edited September 2012
    well for starters my build is all about absorbing damage. So you minor AoE wont break my steath just so you no. I got powers like MR and unbreakable to eat dmg my CD will be good for unbreakable to. This is a build with no masterful dodge as for my other powers i made some mistakes but oh well. Im a shadow strike only build so beware! If i catch you off guard you will be one shoted.

Gettting back to the topic at hand.....

It doesnt matter how minor it is, if you take 1 damage, it breaks your stealth - Which means you wont be one shotting anyone.

On another note, I can honestly say I have fought level 40 shadow strike users and havent been one shotted once. Once you get heroic gear, and you have defense and dodge thru the roof, you just cant. I'm not even going to mention the precep gear that makes your build useless for PvP anyway.

Oh and btw, good luck "catching someone off guard" during a duel, as there main goal in life during that time is finding and killing you.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah took me intill today to find that my smoke bomb wont work if i get hit even with mr or shields up. However i catch people off guard constantly and yes i will one shot you if you dont dodge it. I just gota make sure you have no buffs up and my smoke nade is on you sir. Thanks for posting! take it easy and

P.S. dont ever under estimate shadow strike it will be your downfall:)