What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.30.20120813a.0 PTS Update

Comments

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I suggest there should be a Barrel Roll power that avoids all incoming attacks as of the time of casting, and a dodge/avoid boost to boot.

Mwahahaha.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    In a level 30 Alert (so damage is halved) the person tossing them was doing crits for 3k damage. It's doing absolutely insane damage on tap, no questions asked.

Ok .. i saw 6k crits all the time at the dummys with a defense build, and then i went
    into the Battle Station and just had the feeling i would have killed the mobs there faster
    with Lead Tempest :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, anyone got to try the Nighthawk alert? Did it even pop up?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Okay, now that the models for the vehicles seem to be working, and I can properly orient myself, I've started to seriously go over their performances.
    First and foremost, I really feel that the micromunitions powers that the jets have should function in tandem with their minigun powers, kinda like how Power Armor powers work.
    The Heavy Attack Jet should definitely have it's HP buffed a bit, but not too much. As it stands, it's already supposed to function as a... "tank" jet, I guess, what with all the "look at me!" threat generating powers it has.
    I'll post more feedback as it comes along. I feel I should also note that I'm under the distinct impression that the current trio of vehicles are not supposed to be using the exact same model. Here's hoping they get their proper models soon enough. Though I must admit, I am extremely pleased with the work I see on the current one, which I guess is the basic Hawkwing proto-jet. Good job on that one!
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Wow .. so you can constantly deal 3333 DPS over 5 minutes ? Cause thats what you need to
    take down 1 Million HPs in 5 minutes.

That isn't hard....My DPS is around 4-5k, and an offensive PA toon can hop up to 6kish
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    So, anyone got to try the Nighthawk alert? Did it even pop up?

I heard it showed up late last night. Nighthawk was robbing a bank...Hey Cryptic, there will be a story to this right? Nighthawk doesn't rob banks...
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    blkmask wrote: »
    I have one request with the vehicles/jets. Please do not make them faster than the normal travel powers.

They can be as equally as fast or the travel powers can be made to be faster. After all, we're superheroes.

Do not listen to this. I am also a superhero, and I made my jet faster than their superhero flying with my super brainpower. There, tit for tat.

Essentially, this doesn't fit the theme for some people and here we go with the crying, so they want it nerfed and not offering any advantage.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmm... about the Jet Speed... well I am sort of torn apart between being faster or not than a TP.

As a base I think it should be as fast as jet pack at R3 (108 flight speed, aka the fastest airborne tp). Maybe the "boost" (the one you trigger with block right now) should pump your speed up considerably but... it should drain your energy as well, so you can't boost all the time.

Sounds like a nice middle ground?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Do not listen to this.
    I am also a superhero, and I made my jet faster than their superhero flying with my super brainpower.
    There, tit for tat.

Essentially, this doesn't fit the theme for some people and here we go with the crying, so they want it nerfed and not offering any advantage.
    No :frown:
    We want the theme of the game we play to remain as constant as possible :wink:

Your /sarcasm vaguely disguised as childish double talk doesn't give your argument a shred of credibitlity on that count :rolleyes:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I heard it showed up late last night. Nighthawk was robbing a bank...Hey Cryptic, there will be a story to this right? Nighthawk doesn't rob banks...

Story editors no longer exist in both journalism, periodicals and fiction. This is a world where anything can be written without being checked for accuracy. The craft has died..

Cryptic has shown themselves with all of the infractions of the past months.

Go read any of the lore written for the game in the original game release (the ones by people who actually studied some form of writing).. then go "read" anything since on alert and you will already have your answer.

"***** I broke a nail"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    No :frown:
    We want the theme of the game we play to remain as constant as possible :wink:

Your /sarcasm vaguely disguised as childish double talk doesn't give your argument a shred of credibitlity on that count :rolleyes:

My problem here is this mindset- that the 'traditional super hero' players seem to think this cheapens them (it doesn't, really. They're faster, but my muni character is far more effective on foot by a long shot). So many people cry and whine about 'the lack of traditional super hero goodies'.

Allow me to make 3 points, and I'm done.

1- You want more goodies for 'traditional super heroes'. Good. You have tights, capes, and masks for days. What more could a 'traditional' hero possibly need?

2- You keep complaining about how this doesn't suit you and the game is lacking in 'traditional super hero content'. Well, it's one thing for you to whine about how few capes & tights there are, completely different when you expect the Devs to stop catering to things outside that. Mystical content has been defended WAY too long and pushed aside everything, and I really can't get into martial arts heroes- do you see me throwing a hissy fit when they get a new goodie?

3- If this isn't something you will use, I can assure you that whining about 'losing your heroic feel' isn't going to make a difference as much as not purchasing it. I plan on playing along on the vehicle thing, because it seems fun.

You spoiled children who believe this game owes you something with every release make me sick.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2012

From what I've read, there will be a story. Check out the Massively interview with Brad.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    My problem here is...
    ...You spoiled children who believe this game owes you something with every release make me sick.
    I think it's obvious what "your problem is..."
    1- You want more goodies for 'traditional super heroes'. Good. You have tights, capes, and masks for days. What more could a 'traditional' hero possibly need?
    2- You keep complaining about how this doesn't suit you and the game is lacking in 'traditional super hero content'....
    3- I can assure you that whining about 'losing your heroic feel'...
    Please, quote me where i said either "1, 2, 3" and we'll discuss this :cool:
    Otherwise, don't put words in my mouth :wink:
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    So...Nighthawk is another punk just robbing banks....Former Champion turned to life on crime...That's the "story" behing the alert...
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guys, try and keep the personal arguments low-key. This thread is mainly for the discussion and posting of feedback, of the latest PTS versions. If you want to argue about "traditional hero" tropes, take it somewhere else.

Anyways, a bit of feedback for the vehicles.
    Their flight speeds seem fine to me. They feel like maxed-out travel power speed.
    The boost itself is great, too, but I feel that it should be kept under control a bit. Maybe if there was some kind of "fuel gauge" or something similar, that dictated how long you could keep a boost going. This could also play well with the fact that vehicles will eventually be customizable, and one of the aspects that you can fiddle with could be boost time-enhancing items. Like, "large fuel cells" or similar things.
    Honestly, I know some super heroes are most definitely faster than most kind of super vehicle, but not all of them are. I am completely cool with the fact that a jet's cruising speed seems to be somewhat faster than a flying hero's. Besides, a hero still strikes me as far more maneuverable than the jets are.
    See, consider it that way, character-concept guys. The speed your hero demonstrates in a zone map is a "cruising" speed, and not necessarily their actual top speed.
    Anyways, I know you guys are cringing about the whole speed issue, but take into account: you don't start off with a vehicle. It's gonna be something you earn in some fashion. It's perfectly acceptable that the reward is of such high quality. And not every vehicle is gonna be as speedy as the faster jets and whatnot. I bet there'll be plenty of ground vehicles that'll still be slower than a super speedster, unless they're able to be heavily modified to boost their speed. And again, there's the whole maneuverability thing going on.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    So...Nighthawk is another punk just robbing banks....Former Champion turned to life on crime...That's the "story" behing the alert...

... really? Really. You are blatantly forgetting that the devs have pointed out multiple times that the entire plot hook of the Nighthawk missions(!) is that it's going to seem like he's gone bad, and that you have to investigate what's going on. They even mentioned that, depending on how your investigation goes, you could wind up either fighting Nighthawk, or someone else. It's so obvious that this is a classic set-up, using Nighthawk as an all-too-easy patsy.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,098 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    Night Hawk Alert: Well I saw it, no one was on so that's about the extent of my story there. Was a museum heist and it said Nighthawk? on the title.

Franklin Stone's Penthouse: Well there's a new option under the lair tab. This was actually an interesting 'lair' (I think it's too short to be called a lair currently). It makes use of the new vehicles and has you chasing around another aircraft through the city. I was playing the med jet and thank the dark gods for the /follow command, that aircraft goes places.

I couldn't find a reward circle at the end of the lair, and no cutscenes were hooked up, but I assume it's still very beta. It needs something more to be called a lair, though. It's just an alert at the moment.

Rage now affecting bleeds works fine, thank you.

Can we pretty please get the Shredded debuff added to the power Shred? Penetrating Strikes is sad and synergy between sets is a good thing -nods-
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow .. so you can constantly deal 3333 DPS over 5 minutes ? Cause thats what you need to
    take down 1 Million HPs in 5 minutes.
    That isn't hard....My DPS is around 4-5k, and an offensive PA toon can hop up to 6kish

Yep... My lowest dps toon is Pink with munitions, and she gets around 3000 dps with AR, 3300 with Sniper rifle. My highest being my pet-crit toon with around 8,000dps. And yes, i sit around testing things with the parser, there's nothing else to do, so that's basically what I do when I play...

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ok about vehicles. I think vehicles need to be faster than players. Why?
    1) Currently, vehicles have very little in the way of power, vehicles appear to be significantly weaker than players (with the exception of the chest beam attack, which really needs to be nerfed in damage and get a shorter charge)
    2) Current vehicles are put in a classic trinity, I'm sure we'll be able to customize our vehicles much further than now, but also note the vehicles all have only 7 powers, opposed to the player's...14?
    3) DPS of the vehicles is not too impressive, (note paint the target though..hehe) Vehicles have a reload system and no natural energy building, unlike players who can be built to never lose energy. The only advantage in DPS terms is the attack range.
    4) Its also unlikely players will have any direct competition with Vehicles.
    5) Tech is probably the most ignored aspect of CO, which is a sad irony considering the hallmark hero Defender is a Tech hero, and Doctor Destroyer, the hallmark villain, is a Tech Villain (Godmode powersuit ftw?)
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yep... My lowest dps toon is Pink with munitions, and she gets around 3000 dps with AR, 3300 with Sniper rifle. My highest being my pet-crit toon with around 8,000dps. And yes, i sit around testing things with the parser, there's nothing else to do, so that's basically what I do when I play...

I'm really interested how it would be possible to get 3000 DPs with AR. I can see it crit
    for 3000 max .. but sustained ?
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm really interested how it would be possible to get 3000 DPs with AR. I can see it crit

AR hits every .5 seconds, like most maintains, also, its called an offensive passive. Yes, they're subpar compared to defense/supportives, but they make the difference in DPS.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, we found something that was a bit hidden - Franklin Stone's Penthouse.

Hit PvP and Instance Queues (lower left on the minimap), Lairs, then queue up.

BUG: It's not quite done yet. LOL :tongue:

It opens with you fighting against a bunch of level 40 mooks (scary level scaled), and then you go to the Penthouse map to fight Franklin Stone himself. Except unlike the Hideout version, the entire level is available to fly around in (many visual bugs and all).

And you need the space, as his helicopter is FAST. Seems to be designed to use your attack jets against him, but there's nothing stopping you from being in your hero form and taking him on.

BUG: Franklin Stone got his helicopter jammed into the Penthouse. Thankfully my bots and healing drones (in attack mode) could take him on.

Intro area: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzej7smcxk41qtv/screenshot_2012-08-14-11-25-15.jpg

Chopper battle: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pslxgs7zogu0wa3/screenshot_2012-08-14-11-27-18.jpg

And him getting trapped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuaccdwvoyk6jq2/screenshot_2012-08-14-11-37-12.jpg

As said, it's clearly not done yet. But FYI for those who are curious. And thanks to Thundrax (in the colorful tights in the first shot) for letting me know that it's floating around for playing. :D
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Dex int/ego quarry, dexterity/guardian/vindicator -dex mastery, full purple gear with R5 mods slotted and a Vigilante's critical belt in secondary offense. That's it... My AR scales up to around 4K on the last few hits.

Pink's stats.

AR Combat log, just for shiggles.

And this is my -lowest- DPS, dps toon...

I'm still tempted to take NW just so i can exploit my legacy Eagle blaster though.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    lo1processorlo1processor Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    Well, we found something that was a bit hidden - Franklin Stone's Penthouse.

Hit PvP and Instance Queues (lower left on the minimap), Lairs, then queue up.

BUG: It's not quite done yet. LOL :tongue:

It opens with you fighting against a bunch of level 40 mooks (scary level scaled), and then you go to the Penthouse map to fight Franklin Stone himself. Except unlike the Hideout version, the entire level is available to fly around in (many visual bugs and all).

And you need the space, as his helicopter is FAST. Seems to be designed to use your attack jets against him, but there's nothing stopping you from being in your hero form and taking him on.

BUG: Franklin Stone got his helicopter jammed into the Penthouse. Thankfully my bots and healing drones (in attack mode) could take him on.

Intro area: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzej7smcxk41qtv/screenshot_2012-08-14-11-25-15.jpg

Chopper battle: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pslxgs7zogu0wa3/screenshot_2012-08-14-11-27-18.jpg

And him getting trapped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuaccdwvoyk6jq2/screenshot_2012-08-14-11-37-12.jpg

As said, it's clearly not done yet. But FYI for those who are curious. And thanks to Thundrax (in the colorful tights in the first shot) for letting me know that it's floating around for playing. :D

*intensely stares at the third shot* "HEY THERE'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily processing LOL's for over 300 days and counting . . .
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a suggestion I was just thinking of;

Expand the silver resource limit from 250 global to 2000 global. That would certainly help them out since I don't think prices for a lot of things are going to drop below that 250 global mark.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Expand the silver resource limit from 250 global to 2000 global. That would certainly help them out since I don't think prices for a lot of things are going to drop below that 250 global mark.

How about 500? I mean, most gold players don't even have 1000
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    How about 500? I mean, most gold players don't even have 1000

We could call it 1000 instead, since I was half asleep when putting that in. Trying to match it up to STO, which has a 10,000,000 energy credit limit for their silvers, which 1000 global would match.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    solunitussolunitus Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey guys. Just tried out the new vehicle become power and I'm happy. :smile:

However, I think that I should voice my concerns over what I hope your direction is with these vehicles.

Firstly, Movement Mechanics:
    Flying the jet felt unnatural. It's flight is probably just standard flight, but I feel that there shouldn't be able to just stop. For once, I'm tempted to suggest applying Ice Slide's mechanics to this, just for the "constant movement" feel.

Secondly, Animations:
    When turning, the craft needs to "roll", or pivot on the longitudinal axis. When targeting, it needs to strafe with the nose pointed at the target at all times. This gives it more of an aircraft feel and, especially when combined with my previous suggestion. Also, when at "ground level" do not permit the craft to dig it's nose into the ground like other flights. Ugh.

Third, Vehicle Model:
    The vehicle models -obviously unfinished- are very pretty. However, the powers being used with it, and it's flight animations, do not fit the current model.

The bullet emanation points (the guns) are inadequate. I know that it's still a work in progress, but with the forward-facing guns it really does look silly to see the bullets firing off in those impossible directions. May I suggest a circular, short barreled turret on the undercarriage? That would allow for the turret to "swivel" (though not in actuality) to hit those odd directions. Missile pods as well. AND, since you can't see it, the fact that it's not actually moving to trace the target isn't obvious.

As for the flight: If you intend to keep it as standard flight, you should consider updating the vehicle model to reflect the necessary thrusters/jets/etc needed to facilitate those maneuvers. Currently, the rear jet appears only capable of forward thrust and looks broken when your just sitting there. Add some angled thrusters/turbines on the front and sides.

Last, Powers:
    This vehicle needs the energy shield block, and an "afterburner" sprint ability.

Special, Activation/Deactivation:
    When activated, your character should fire a grapple line straight up, pulling him into the cockpit as the vehicle decloaks. Deactivation should drop you out the bottom into a 3-point landing like with Jump Boots.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    solunitus wrote: »
    Last, Powers:
    This vehicle needs the energy shield block, and an "afterburner" sprint ability.

Block is actually replaced with the afterburner boost. Hit shift and it goes quite a bit faster.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We could call it 1000 instead, since I was half asleep when putting that in. Trying to match it up to STO, which has a 10,000,000 energy credit limit for their silvers, which 1000 global would match.

Or Cyptic could sell wallet size increases in increments of 250G. This would limit price inflation somewhat (since not every silver player will buy this), and instead create sticky price points at every 250G.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Block is actually replaced with the afterburner boost. Hit shift and it goes quite a bit faster.

And the Heavy ship has a Energy Shield.
    -Heavy Fighter: Enhanced Armor Plating now renamed to Advanced Hyperkinetic Dampening System
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I think it's obvious what "your problem is..."

Please, quote me where i said either "1, 2, 3" and we'll discuss this :cool:
    Otherwise, don't put words in my mouth :wink:

Ah, I should have been more specific. ***, your comment didn't really offend or set me off or anything, man. I wasn't even directing the comment -at- you. Still, I may have misinterpreted it because I thought you were being sarcastic with your 'theme being constant' comment, so- hey, I honestly thought I was agreeing with you. If I was wrong on either account, apologies. Here, have one of my cold beers or a whiskey drink of your choice. Take your shirt off and let's throw rocks at the tool shed. I like you.

Maybe I should be a bit more clear.

-I don't see an issue with the speed of these things, and when you start comparing this vs. that (speed of jet vs. speed of flying Superdude), you have to realize that this is a game where stuff like that is trivial and balanced for gameplay, not theme. After all, I helped defeat the most dangerous supervillain in the world with my pistols that also inexplicably work on the ocean floor. Yes, my pistols are just as effective as Superman's punches in the long run. I just can't subscribe and agree to the idea that 'this jet is faster than me, don't make it!'. (Let's face it, if you can fly or run at Mach speed, you'd better have other powers/equipment to help you- otherwise you're not going to survive it).

-There's a rather disturbing about of people I've seen posting here and there about the vehicles and how they're 'a waste' of developer time. (I'd link you, but it'd take more time than I'm willing to waste at work on this. Look, ye shall find.) This is kind of stupid. I mean, it doesn't suit several heroes- but this game has constantly cranked out content/costumes/toys that have absolutely no value to me at all. There's a staggering amount of magic/mystical/supernatural stuff that honestly- I have ZERO interest in, and play ZERO characters with need any of this. But, for the folks that want that stuff? I'm happy they made it. I had no interest in the wizard set... but I knew so many people wanted, I smiled the day I saw it in the window. At first I wasn't too concered with emantion points, but now- I hope they fix that.

-There's also a lot of griping about the lack of 'traditional hero content'. You know, I want more of this also- but I DO NOT want to exclude the contenot for other hero types. GI Joe comics had just as much appeal to me as Superhero comics. These days, there are very few traditional superheroes- and the company that focuses heavily on said heroes (DC)- is honestly running out of stories to tell, and it strikes me as they've started trying to slip in some 'hot button' themes to spice things up (Granted, Marvel's also shoehorned in some political statements as well- hence why I haven't been interested for some time). Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Traditional Super Hero content- but in the game where I can 'Be the hero I want to be', I shouldn't be cast aside for not wearing a cape and tights. Besides, I mean... not a whole lot more you can do. Even 'traditional hero' stuff in comics went away a long time ago. I'd rather not relive the same crap that has happened over and over and over again. I want new, interesting, and fun things.

And so, again- sorry if I made the generalized comment seem like it was targeted at you.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok about vehicles. I think vehicles need to be faster than players. Why?
    1) Currently, vehicles have very little in the way of power, vehicles appear to be significantly weaker than players (with the exception of the chest beam attack, which really needs to be nerfed in damage and get a shorter charge)
    2) Current vehicles are put in a classic trinity, I'm sure we'll be able to customize our vehicles much further than now, but also note the vehicles all have only 7 powers, opposed to the player's...14?
    3) DPS of the vehicles is not too impressive, (note paint the target though..hehe) Vehicles have a reload system and no natural energy building, unlike players who can be built to never lose energy. The only advantage in DPS terms is the attack range.
    4) Its also unlikely players will have any direct competition with Vehicles.
    5) Tech is probably the most ignored aspect of CO, which is a sad irony considering the hallmark hero Defender is a Tech hero, and Doctor Destroyer, the hallmark villain, is a Tech Villain (Godmode powersuit ftw?)

Some very good points. ATs should probably get less speed out of a vehicle since they arent giving up as much power, and that weaker FF builds should get less speed out of a vehicle for the same reason. It does make sense that the amount of increased speed one gets out of a vehicle should be directly tied to the amount of build performance lost in using the vehicle.

Do not listen to this. I am also a superhero, and I made my jet faster than their superhero flying with my super brainpower. There, tit for tat.

You spoiled children who believe this game owes you something with every release make me sick.

Please note that others are making reasoned requests of a merchant whose service they pay for. You are engaging in personal attacks, insults, and general poor behavior directed at fellow consumers of that service.

Perhaps you should hold off on calling others, "spoiled children ?"

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Everything else for silvers is expandable in the Store, why not the Global Cap?
    I mean, i'm simply for doing away with ANY cap for silvers.
    But if you're going to have one, give them a way to raise it like everything else they can raise.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    You mean your crying ? The person you quoted wasn't, so you must be referring to yourself right ?

Not exactly certain where you're getting this, but hey...
    Kettle meet pot. The only person here acting like a child is you.

I believe I made my point in the post previous to this one you've posted. Perhaps you should take the time to read that.

I'm trying to be nice here, but I see more whining about vehicles actually being a part of the game than I do anything else now, because it breaks some ideas. I thought I made that quite clear, maybe I didn't. I'm not really dedicating much time to play snark vs. snark with you.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Not exactly certain where you're getting this, but hey...

I believe I made my point in the post previous to this one you've posted. Perhaps you should take the time to read that.

I'm trying to be nice here, but I see more whining about vehicles actually being a part of the game than I do anything else now, because it breaks some ideas. I thought I made that quite clear, maybe I didn't. I'm not really dedicating much time to play snark vs. snark with you.

I now understand where you are coming from. You consider calling others, "spoiled children," and referring to a customer making a reasoned and respectful request of a merchant as, "crying," to be, "being nice."

• Options
    edited August 2012
    No, we want the theme of the game we play to remain as constant as possible...
    Ah, I should have been more specific...
    ...I may have misinterpreted it because I thought you were being sarcastic with your 'theme being constant' comment, so- hey, I honestly thought I was agreeing with you. If I was wrong on either account, apologies...
    ...sorry if I made the generalized comment seem like it was targeted at you.
    NP :wink:
    Ah, I should have been more specific...
    ...I may have misinterpreted it because I thought you were being sarcastic with your 'theme being constant' comment, so- hey, I honestly thought I was agreeing with you. If I was wrong on either account, apologies...

Maybe I should be a bit more clear.

-I don't see an issue with the speed of these things, and when you start comparing this vs. that (speed of jet vs. speed of flying Superdude), you have to realize that this is a game where stuff like that is trivial and balanced for gameplay, not theme...
    Maybe i can clear up my viewpoint on "super powers" vs. "vehicles" by being a bit more clear myself :tongue:

I want "TRAVEL POWERS" to be the best way to get from point A to point B in the game.
    Whether that travel power come from "Power points spent, or devices" (Legacy CTP's, or Becomes/Humanoid, since they're just a limited AT).
    I do not want CO to become "fighter jets online".
    I do not want to have to use a vehicle to compete in the TP arms race in a Super Hero Themed game.

The new Vehichles should COMPLIMENT the current power structure of power frameworks of superpowers, not replace them in any way shape or form...Including TRAVEL :frown:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Please note that others are making reasoned requests of a merchant whose service they pay for. You are engaging in personal attacks, insults, and general poor behavior directed at fellow consumers of that service.

Perhaps you should hold off on calling others, "spoiled children ?"

I now understand where you are coming from. You consider calling others, "spoiled children," and referring to a customer making a reasoned and respectful request of a merchant as, "crying," to be, "being nice."

[FYI, I think our 'quote' feature is broken].

Here's the issue I'm having:

A complaint about something is reasonable. Most of what I've seen scattered about is blatant crying because it's not something someone likes because it doesn't suit their personal little doll. It's not a crippling problem. It's not a real issue. I'm calling it crying because 'It goes faster than me! NO!!!!' is crying, and I'll stand by that until they close the casket lid on me. I made the point in the other thread (And I'd honestly rather have this discussion there, and let people focus on posting the bugs in here, God knows we'll have several with this change) and I stand by it. It seems many players get whiny when something does not SPECIFICALLY cater to their playstyle or character concept, and if you haven't noticed that I don't even know what to tell you.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,596 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why is the initial Nighthawk event an Alert? This makes the event hardly accessible. I have a suggestion.

You get a daily from Defender (or someone other than Drifter) who has some reports of Nighthawk sightings around the city. The mission requires you to collect several different mission clues gathered which will drop from the randomly spawning Nighthawks (which could be defeated solo), each giving you access to an inside mission to gather a random clue. Once you get enough evidence from a bunch of missions you then get a final mission to confront Nighthawk or his fake. This is determined by a combination of the right clues to present to Defender, which you can first discard all the fake evidence.

If you manage to encounter the real one you actually fight along side him to fight the fake and get one of his rare drops for collecting the right evidence combination. A guaranteed drop since finding every kind of evidence is hard enough.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    [FYI, I think our 'quote' feature is broken].

Here's the issue I'm having:

A complaint about something is reasonable. Most of what I've seen scattered about is blatant crying because it's not something someone likes because it doesn't suit their personal little doll. It's not a crippling problem. It's not a real issue. I'm calling it crying because 'It goes faster than me! NO!!!!' is crying, and I'll stand by that until they close the casket lid on me. I made the point in the other thread (And I'd honestly rather have this discussion there, and let people focus on posting the bugs in here, God knows we'll have several with this change) and I stand by it. It seems many players get whiny when something does not SPECIFICALLY cater to their playstyle or character concept, and if you haven't noticed that I don't even know what to tell you.

Ive checked every post in this thread and not one person has engaged in, "whining about vehicles actually being a part of the game," as you put it.

Where are you encountering this behavior ?

Why are you coming to this thread to insult people here for something that isnt happening here ? Something that the people you are calling names, insulting, etc are not doing. Not even once.

You may consider one customer respectfully asking that he not be put at a disadvantage compared to another customer to be crying...but your interpretation of the word is a bit off.

Remember, this is the individual post you referred to as crying.
    blkmask wrote: »
    I have one request with the vehicles/jets. Please do not make them faster than the normal travel powers.

They can be as equally as fast or the travel powers can be made to be faster. After all, we're superheroes.

But love the look of the fighters. Will we be able to change their color?

He complimented the vehicles. Made a reasoned request (you may not agree with the reason, but that doesnt make it not reasoned) and even said please. he didnt ask for an advantage over others, merely that a superpowered individual not be at a disadvantage for not using a vehicle.

Was it crying to make a request about vehicle coloration ? Or is it only crying when paying customers make requests that you dont agree with ?

BTW he didnt ask for a nerf as you claimed in your quote of this post (hopefully an honest mistake on your part).

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Ive checked every post in this thread and not one person has engaged in, "whining about vehicles actually being a part of the game," as you put it.

Where are you encountering this behavior ?

Why are you coming to this thread to insult people here for something that isnt happening here ? Something that the people you are calling names, insulting, etc are not doing. Not even once.

You may consider one customer respectfully asking that he not be put at a disadvantage compared to another customer to be crying...but your interpretation of the word is a bit off.

Remember, this is the individual post you referred to as crying.

You checked all the threads related to the vehicles? It may not have been in here, and I'll take your word on it (We have several dedicated to it, maybe it was from the last PTS update thread.)
    He complimented the vehicles. Made a reasoned request (you may not agree with the reason, but that doesnt make it not reasoned) and even said please. he didnt ask for an advantage over others, merely that a superpowered individual not be at a disadvantage for not using a vehicle.

I see your point, but I don't see how you can call it a 'disadvantage' when it's something you've chosen not to use. I am put at a disadvantage by not taking a healing power, I have chosen not to take something.
    Was it crying to make a request about vehicle coloration ? Or is it only crying when paying customers make requests that you dont agree with ?

God no. I want vehicles to be customized to a heavy degree. I think my definition of 'crying' is when the gripe isn't about something forced, it's about something you have the option to avoid, or there's something you choose not to use that is very useful.
    BTW he didnt ask for a nerf as you claimed in your quote of this post (hopefully an honest mistake on your part).

And that's more a precautionary thing on my part. I'm not saying he asked for it, I'm saying That's not the solution to this- as we've seen Cryptic/PWE 'fix' things by nerfing the hell out of it (Depedning on perspective, I suppose- Smoke Grenade was nerfed something awful, and could have been 'tweaked').\

EDIT FOR IDEA ADD:

For the 'Superpowered' heroes who want this degree of speed (that also does lack in its controls a bit), perhaps there could be a 'Mach Flight' mechanic implemented in the same way that vehicles are done- Your character is surrounded by a protective bubble (perhaps comparable to when a meteor enters the atmosphere and compresses air in front of it) and you can shoot, I dunno... energy blasts or something. MAybe a variation of several projectile powers. Hell, maybe even some super jet boosters or something for power armor types, that'd calm people down.

I mean, let's face it- you don't want to be blasting that fast all the time.

And for note, I'm holding out for a combat motorcycle. This jet thing is 'cool', but even the one featured isn't my ideal thing. I'm just willing to support it until we can get more stuff in.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You checked all the threads related to the vehicles? It may not have been in here, and I'll take your word on it (We have several dedicated to it, maybe it was from the last PTS update thread.)

I didnt check other threads, honestly because it was HERE that you were insulting people for something that they didnt do. If it was rampant here it might have made more sense to lash out at people. But going into a place where no one is engaging in the behavior that you hate and yelling at them for it...well doesnt that seem wrong to you ?

I see your point, but I don't see how you can call it a 'disadvantage' when it's something you've chosen not to use. I am put at a disadvantage by not taking a healing power, I have chosen not to take something.

Let me put it this way, if every single power set in the game were nerfed to be less potent than telepathy would people not wanting to play a telepath be considered to be at a disadvantage compared to telepathy users ? After all they could just scrap their characters, their concepts, etc and respec into telepathy right ?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I didnt check other threads, honestly because it was HERE that you were insulting people for something that they didnt do. If it was rampant here it might have made more sense to lash out at people. But going into a place where no one is engaging in the behavior that you hate and yelling at them for it...well doesnt that seem wrong to you ?

No, because I thought I clarified it. But hey, if someone wants to be upset, there are options like 'not responding' or 'disregarding' that won't hurt me at all.
    Let me put it this way, if every single power set in the game were nerfed to be less potent than telepathy would people not wanting to play a telepath be considered to be at a disadvantage compared to telepathy users ? After all they could just scrap their characters, their concepts, etc and respec into telepathy right ?

No one is saying you have to do that. This isn't even extreme. THIS is what the new vehicles system is:

It is a become device that has weak ranged attacks, cannot be used indoors or for PvP, and moves faster than any travel power.

As I see it, asking that the speed be bumped down and claiming this is something that is a detriment to you is kind of silly, considering the other disadvantages this device has. So it's faster than you. Deal with it. I don't even see how this is a concern.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    considering the other disadvantages this device has.

There are no disadvantages to the device.

If at any point you need/want to use your normal attacks/powers/etc you merely turn the device off and have them.

The device provides options in addition to what is normally available to its user.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    On the more relavant issue of the PTS, and simply because this argument exists elsewhere...

Were there changes to the Boomerang/blade throw? And I don't suppose any clue as to what the alert drops is available?
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    CC Movement: Bolas, Twister, Tangle Coil Launcher are all mobile 60 ft Paralyses while Electrocute, Containment Field Supernatural power and others are stationary. Please standardize

Thrown Gadgets: Do too much damage

Strafing Run: Has no X-Box Controller functionality (I know you're going to say something stupid like "Xbox Controls are an added bonus and not guaranteed to be compatible with Champions Online" - but this is still BS)

Telepathic Reverb: Does not work with SOOO Many Paralyzes and Stuns

Manipulator: Still not procced by Sonic Arrow and SO SO SO many more powers.. this was to be fixed the week of release (but instead you only did the concentration and enrage powers.. go figure)
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bug: The tooltip of Strafing Run its still wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    CC Movement: Bolas, Twister, Tangle Coil Launcher are all mobile 60 ft Paralyses while Electrocute, Containment Field Supernatural power and others are stationary. Please standardize

Thrown Gadgets: Do too much damage

Strafing Run: Has no X-Box Controller functionality (I know you're going to say something stupid like "Xbox Controls are an added bonus and not guaranteed to be compatible with Champions Online" - but this is still BS)

Telepathic Reverb: Does not work with SOOO Many Paralyzes and Stuns

Manipulator: Still not procced by Sonic Arrow and SO SO SO many more powers.. this was to be fixed the week of release (but instead you only did the concentration and enrage powers.. go figure)

None of this will be fixed...they won't even fix the Claws they practically broke. Oh and Munitions, how can I forget munitions?
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not to mention that the new forms don't even have any stand out GFX, all this time later >.> Aside from.. I don't know WHAT THE HECK THEY DO, but that weird.. constipated animation... there's nothing. It seems pretty unfinished.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    Not to mention that the new forms don't even have any stand out GFX, all this time later >.> Aside from.. I don't know WHAT THE HECK THEY DO, but that weird.. constipated animation... there's nothing. It seems pretty unfinished.

Why do the forms need stand out animations?
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why do the forms need stand out animations?

Nothing major just something more then what they have. For me, it at least says that the form has been triggered and things just got serious. Aside from the model fx, there isn't anything. Just my own personal beef and annoyance honestly.

Edit: Or at the very least, something that differentiates them from each other... I guess in a way, if the animation weren't neutral enough it may cause theme issues. Hmm.. oh well. In any case, just something small that nags me..

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D