Options

what powerset do you want most in game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    omnesvanitasomnesvanitas Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Space and Time manipulation.
    Maybe some kind of a defensive passive that you have an aura which slows down time around you, making bullets hit you slower. Something like that.
    Or chunks of space protecting you from damage.
    Planar fracture was always one of my favourite powers, but manipulating space could be something similar too. Melee would be something like enhancing your fists with spatial distortion. And there could be all sorts of neat CC's when thinking about time... stopping time itself to paralyze enemies? :eek: That could be a neat ultimate power.
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I'd like to see this as well, but it simply wouldn't be feasible w/ how varied the enemy/character sizes and shapes are. How would you "grapple" a fixed object, like a turret or a crate you have to destroy? How would the tiniest character "wrestle" Teliosaur or one of the Harmon Security helicopters?

Even the bestial bite power kind of fudges the interaction by having you kinda just headbutt the enemy then display a teeth icon...

Grappling came be done up in air then any throw done to the ground will force the chopper down to the ground. Turrets will be pulled up out of it's roots and thrown (in the MMORPG Vindictus Tarok pulls tentacles out from the ground like weeds and throws them). Pulling will be a substitute for throws.

There could be power struggles between the grappler and behemothic enemies which would be interesting and if he wins he throws the behemoth across the floor but I would just go with all throws working on enemies despite the size.

Karok Preview

Just a little bit of imagination is needed.