test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lee Tosi - Zone Chat perfection

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Anyone who has played Champs recently has probably seen the person named Lee Tosi zone chatting with nearly everyone who cares to engage in conversation. The dialogs are almost always hilarious and spot on for the one-off Teleios clone.

I just wanted to give kudos to the person who is doing this, and maybe bring some official recognition from Cryptic to this person's talents. They are consistently in character and do it day after day. It certainly brightens my day to see some of the comical banter going on whenever Lee Tosi is doing their awesome job. Whoever it is, certainly does the character we saved near the lake in Canada justice.

So my hat's off to you Lee Tosi - you truely are Zone Chat perfection. :biggrin:
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's really fun to yank Lee's chain with references to metabolic chain reactions... :biggrin: And yes, his responses are always perfectly in character. I also enjoy the way he keeps trying to get people to trade him organs for things in-game, supposedly to feed his pet Teliosaur, Rex.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The dialogs are almost always hilarious and spot on for the one-off Telios clone.

Tip: It's Teleios, not Telios. Lee Tosi is an anagram of Teleios.

And yes, I've spied this banter, and commend Vizzone (I think that's the name) for it!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    xenosinfinityxxenosinfinityx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just don't bring up Mandragalore Defense Construct 755-B. He doesn't seem too fond of that particular construct, couldn't guess why... :3
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its actually entertaining in zone chat to see Lee Tosi and others argue,I even join in on it sometimes.Its fun to watch the conversation or join in it
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lee Tosi is usually funny, but he sometimes falls into thirteen year old boy territory.
    YMMV

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lee Tosi is usually funny, but he sometimes falls into thirteen year old boy territory.
    YMMV

What's wrong with thirteen year old boys? :wink:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    smoochan wrote: »

... D:

Oh, the horrible things that went through my head on that one...

(SIDENOTE: The best comedians don't play the same old boring, fixed routines, they play to the audience. Waka waka~.)

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know he's a clone, but here is screenshot with Lee Tosi. I was actually taking a picture of the Terracotta guy, and then Lee photo-bombed it, and made it perfect. Sometimes I just like taking pictures of player's avs, especially if they are funny.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    smoochan wrote: »

Pedochan? :eek:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lee Tosi can go down in history as CO's favorite RPer.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i admit, i do love the Lee Tosi banter, as well. i tend to toss in a one off comment from time to time, because i'm like that, but it would do just as well without me, i know!
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lee Tosi is simply the funniest character in Zone chat since Bacon Overlord and Captain Rye Toast. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I love Lee Tosi, very very much. Specially after he fixed mah brains |:3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2012
    Nice, I'll need to jump in-game and talk with this guy!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    I love Lee Tosi, very very much. Specially after he fixed mah brains |:3

Yeah heard he does great work with power drills :D

Mr Tosi cracks me up.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    whofrakingcareswhofrakingcares Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    [10:08] [Zone #3] Isosceles the Archangle@Vizz***: Not to name names or anything.... BUT WHAT PISS POOR RADIANT GETS TO LEVEL 40 AND DOESN'T LEARN TO HEAL?!

Yah real quality individual.... Suspect OP is shilling. :rolleyes:

Player does have cool toon names though. :smile:
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If it took just one act of poor behavior to diminish one's reputation regardless of other outstanding factors, I'd be so far in the hole it's not even funny. :U

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    [10:08] [Zone #3] Isosceles the Archangle@Vizz***: Not to name names or anything.... BUT WHAT PISS POOR RADIANT GETS TO LEVEL 40 AND DOESN'T LEARN TO HEAL?!

Ive said worse things in zone chat about nub Radiants ..things that invoke dark images of donkeys, Bob Dole and Kermit the frog in gimp gear.

And to be blunt the guys point is valid I have came across tons of power leveled Raidiants that dont know how their toon even works.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I admit, that wasn't exactly a fine point for me. Frustration at seeing all my team mates dying despite my trying my hardest with Aethyric Healing (which sucks on a grimoire), and a level 40 Radiant doing nothing but attacking despite me asking them to help out with healing? And then leaving because I asked them to heal? Yes, I was raging. In fairness, I did apologize in zone immediately afterwards. But if this has tainted your opinion of me beyond repair, I understand. (Edit: And yes, when I asked them to heal, I was polite. I only started raging in zone.)

On a lighter note, I'm rather surprised you all love Lee so much. Shocked to find out you made a thread for him!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    vizzone wrote: »
    On a lighter note, I'm rather surprised you all love Lee so much. Shocked to find out you made a thread for him!

When a man goes on a 15 minute rant because you say "Metabolic Chain Reaction" or "I beat the Teleiousaurus", He deserves a thread.
  • Options
    soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lee Tosi is good people.

Just don't offer him any of your DNA.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yea he does go off when I mention the words metabolic chain reactio.........since hes problably reading this post Im not doing to finish that word.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Pedochan? :eek:

My coffee I spat it...again :O

Damn you Klitty stop doing that :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    Yea he does go off when I mention the words metabolic chain reactio.........since hes problably reading this post Im not doing to finish that word.

Thats nothing. Tell him about what happened to Teliosaurus and he really loses it!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    What happened to his pet teleiosaurus rex?

if he gets upset by metabolic chain reactions I'd hate to see the massive rant he'll produce when I tell him about the teleiosaur!

its funny enough when I say metabolic chain reaction and call Teleio's various things from other games,such as Teleioxemnas
  • Options
    clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I would like to point out that Isosceles is a charter member of Undeniably Some Elitist Ladies and Gentlemen, and would be grossly out-of-character if she did NOT rage with tremendous condescension upon every unsuspecting nub around. In fact, if any of you have caught Isosceles in a moment of "kindness" or "helpfulness," please report it to me post-haste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I know you're joking (seeing as you're ALSO a charter member of USELAG and a close friend) but I'd rather not have people really think that. Especially since when I'm not being a jerk on Lee Tosi, I spend a great deal of time answering questions in zone chat. But you're quite right about Isosceles being the perfect character to have an explosive outburst! I still feel bad about it though.
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I sometimes feel bad for the amount of grief we give Lee in zone chat. But only a little. :3
  • Options
    soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The perfect genetic specimen can take it!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I sometimes feel bad for the amount of grief we give Lee in zone chat. But only a little. :3

Feel bad? Feel bad?! Don't be absurd!

Lee is MEANT to be mocked. To be hated. To be a punching bag. Sure, his life sucks, but all his misery is his own fault. He's a condescending, narcissistic, self-absorbed prick. Just like he was made to be by Teleios. He's also deep in denial. He knows his father, and by extension himself, isn't perfect. He knows it wasn't 'High powered explosives' that was the end of Teleios. So he screams louder and belittles others more and more. He inflicts suffering on others to distract himself from his own deep-seated insecurities.

I recommend looking up Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Cult Dynamics to get a MAGNIFICENT understanding of how Lee ticks.

And you thought he was just a bunch of silly jokes. :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Feel bad? Feel bad?! Don't be absurd!

Lee is MEANT to be mocked. To be hated. To be a punching bag. Sure, his life sucks, but all his misery is his own fault. He's a condescending, narcissistic, self-absorbed prick. Just like he was made to be by Teleios. He's also deep in denial. He knows his father, and by extension himself, isn't perfect. He knows it wasn't 'High powered explosives' that was the end of Teleios. So he screams louder and belittles others more and more. He inflicts suffering on others to distract himself from his own deep-seated insecurities.

I recommend looking up Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Cult Dynamics to get a MAGNIFICENT understanding of how Lee ticks.

And you thought he was just a bunch of silly jokes. :wink:

I still stand by my statement that you have a bar code on your bum :O
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well. It seems you will be deprived of Lee Tosi. I just got a 24 silence. 'For spam'. Sorry, everyone. I be silent for 5 minutes, then say ONE sentence, and I get silenced. Pfft.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well. It seems you will be deprived of Lee Tosi. I just got a 24 silence. 'For spam'. Sorry, everyone. I be silent for 5 minutes, then say ONE sentence, and I get silenced. Pfft.

If you talk in zone a lot (which it's evident that you do :P), expect it. There's probably a lot of people that put you on ignore, not out of malice but just out of "hey, that guy talks a lot and I don't really care for what he's saying." When someone puts you on ignore, it adds a "point" to your account. When enough points are reached, you're automatically silenced.

Sorry dude, sucks, but it happens.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    That silence system really sucks,deprives us of our freedom of speech and our entertainment,what next our Gs?!?!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Alright, I made a new account so I could announce my... predicament in Zone, but no go. Also, new accounts get wretched costume choices. Ugh. Seriously, only a TRENCHCOAT as a jacket? What a sham.

I sent in a ticket (Request GM Help) explaining that I was not spamming and that someone was abusing the report spam function, but I don't expect anything to be done. Oh well. Would it be too much to ask one of you to explain, or has that already been done?

Regardless.... this 24 hour silence is a good time to start working on getting my 5k kill perks! Not all bad.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :frown:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Alright, I made a new account so I could announce my... predicament in Zone, but no go. Also, new accounts get wretched costume choices. Ugh. Seriously, only a TRENCHCOAT as a jacket? What a sham.

I sent in a ticket (Request GM Help) explaining that I was not spamming and that someone was abusing the report spam function, but I don't expect anything to be done. Oh well. Would it be too much to ask one of you to explain, or has that already been done?

Regardless.... this 24 hour silence is a good time to start working on getting my 5k kill perks! Not all bad.

Easy way around the chat thing on a new account is to make a c store purchase. I did that on another account, did a survey and bought some stuff.

As far as the costume options go, yeah, once you're out of the tutorial you can hit up a tailor and see many more pieces.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    CURSE THAT REPORT SPAM BUTTON!!!

Someone really needs to remove that report spam button,it abuses too many people too much.It is the bane of everybody in CO.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The silence isn't too bad. I mean, not being able to answer questions is irritating me, but Lee Tosi has been preventing me from doing my usual 'kill stuff for perks'.... thing. I decided to leave MC, since I can't interact with anyone there. 5k Trey Kings Rogues gallery perk, here I come!

Oh, when I said Lee Tosi was meant to be a punching bag? Not QUITE what I meant.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know he's a clone, but here is screenshot with Lee Tosi. I was actually taking a picture of the Terracotta guy, and then Lee photo-bombed it, and made it perfect. Sometimes I just like taking pictures of player's avs, especially if they are funny.

I remember that. He was dropping sand on us from the streetlight. Quite a mess...

I must say that since I started chatting in zone, I actually look forward to going into the game each day, just to see if he's on. Always a fun time chatting, especially about those metabolic chain reactions...

Also, <3 from your favourite minion.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It'd be nice if they just added a "report NOT spam" feature along with the "report spam" one, so that those of us who don't want a creation as magnificent as Lee Tosi to be gagged can actually do something about it besides shake our fists at the heavens. And then queue for a Smash and go back on about our business.

As far as Iso being a jerk and the general spirit of USELAG, I should probably remind everyone periodically that I am almost never being serious. And before anyone jumps on the other side of that, I'm also almost never mad. Not about anything in CO, anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I just received a reply from a GM. They were apologetic, but said there was nothing they could do. Oh well, I didn't think they could lift it, but the silence will be over in four hours anyway. Glad they bothered to respond, at least!

You know what sucks most about the 24 hour silence? Not being able to mail items to myself. Sure, not being able to answer questions in zone was painful (or PMs. That one guy who told me he loved Nurseferatu's name probably thinks I'm a jerk), but not being able to mail all my extra mods to the right character KILLED me. Figuratively speaking, of course.

Hopefully this won't happen again. Likely will, though. Some people just loathe RP.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I just received a reply from a GM. They were apologetic, but said there was nothing they could do. Oh well, I didn't think they could lift it, but the silence will be over in four hours anyway. Glad they bothered to respond, at least!

You know what sucks most about the 24 hour silence? Not being able to mail items to myself. Sure, not being able to answer questions in zone was painful (or PMs. That one guy who told me he loved Nurseferatu's name probably thinks I'm a jerk), but not being able to mail all my extra mods to the right character KILLED me. Figuratively speaking, of course.

Hopefully this won't happen again. Likely will, though. Some people just loathe RP.

Get a hideout
    Trade your stuff in there
    Profit!

\o/

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember that. He was dropping sand on us from the streetlight. Quite a mess...

I must say that since I started chatting in zone, I actually look forward to going into the game each day, just to see if he's on. Always a fun time chatting, especially about those metabolic chain reactions...

Also, <3 from your favourite minion.

sorry about that, was keeping my concentration at 8 stacks, although i must admit dropping sand on people is fun.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Get a hideout
    Trade your stuff in there
    Profit!

\o/

Got one! It's full of mods, level 40 gear, and costume pieces. So I tend to just use mail.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I swear to god those cads in zone are lucky ima in bed with the flu or I would frown at them so much for doing that.

BEHOLD MY FROWNY FACE... --__--" <
    do you see teh epicness \o/

Do not worry my fellow villain I will build a bomb outta snot and AVENGE YOU!!!

But not today ima sorta fragile at the mo :(
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Since a lot of people in zone (and friends) are asking, I can talk again at 5:30 server time. So two and a half hours. And yes, I will have an in-character excuse for not being around.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Since a lot of people in zone (and friends) are asking, I can talk again at 5:30 server time. So two and a half hours. And yes, I will have an in-character excuse for not being around.

You, sir, are my hero.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    sorry about that, was keeping my concentration at 8 stacks, although i must admit dropping sand on people is fun.
    I suspected as much. I commonly lead tempest at random times to keep stacks of overdrive and concentration up.

What else was there to do while waiting for Nimbus? :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, I do recall something about one of the Mark Is kidnapping a psychiatrist, and forcing her to prescribe certain meds to Lee... :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!