test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are the "Get free Zen" offers worth it?

bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
Has anyone done any of the "free Zen" surveys or trials? Are they very lengthy or cumbersome to cancel? Do you get your free Zen immediately? Thanks.
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Probably not.

Nothing "free" in those sorts of offers is worth the hassle of the offer.
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've only tried one, so I can only vouch for it...

On a whim, I signed up for a Netflix trial through the PWE website site and, low and behold, I got $15+ worth of Zen by the next morning. I then canceled the Netflix trial with no repercussions...

Haven't tried any others tho...

:)
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    lokikin wrote: »

On a whim, I signed up for a Netflix trial through the PWE website site and, low and behold, I got $15+ worth of Zen by the next morning. I then canceled the Netflix trial with no repercussions...

Hmm... I may have to check that out, then.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay, I will state, thinking about what I said before, that if you see an offer for something you're actually interested in, then there's no harm at all.

It's not a bad thing, though I dislike the ads because I'm already paying for the game subscription. It's too bad I've already got Netflix and don't feel like cancelling or whatever just to get free Zen.
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I watched a couple videos (ie commercials), and took a couple of surveys while downloading/working on something else. Spent about 10mins, I spent no money, gave out no personal info. Got ~140 Zen. >Shrug<
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In the interest of scientific inquiry, I took a survey about motor oil. The closest to "personal information" they wanted was my ZIP, and the make, model, and mileage of my car. Got 123 Zen, which I immediately transferred 120 to my account (it apparently only does it in such rounded amounts). According to my calculations, next time I log into the game, I'll have another 100 CP. No problem. Not a lot of CP, by any means, but better than nothing...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I signed up for the Netflix trial and got 1505 Zen. As long as I cancel before the 30 day trial is up, I won't get charged...
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lokikin wrote: »

Yah did that one myself but I was going to sign up to Netflix anyway so that one was a no brainer :/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    soryu1983soryu1983 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I tried doing the one for diabetes awareness, since I'm diabetic I figured it would be easy peasy. Its broken though. Sucks too, I really wanted that bracelet :frown:

Edit: Nevermind, just got it to work.
  • Options
    speekasspeekas Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ehhh...for my region just two surveys:confused: One is just regular scam and other requires to register for new game and reach private lvl:mad:
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I watched a thirty second video and got 4 Zen for my "troubles". No info exchange, no downloads just watched a soda ad.

There aren't nearly enough like that one.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    thisisgilsthisisgils Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I watched a thirty second video and got 4 Zen for my "troubles". No info exchange, no downloads just watched a soda ad.

There aren't nearly enough like that one.

Behold! Silvers finally have their free free-form slot!

Just watch 1250 thirty second soda ads, convert the zen to CP et voila! Simples!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ofcourse the offers are worth it. Why else would they put them up?
    ...yea...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    ziploc332ziploc332 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Every time I try one of the surveys, I'm apparently not what the people want. So don't bother with the surveys, just stick to offers.
  • Options
    venompapavenompapa Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe its would worth as if the stupid PW webpage would dont keep tell "Unfortunately there are currently no offers available for your country. Please try again later." meanwhile the CO webpage keep slapping the "Earn free Zen" offer into my face. :mad:

My opinion from this in short: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTNP792ykYM
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wasn't bad, I just did a tire one and it took less than 10 minutes, gave me 250 zen.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ziploc332 wrote: »
    Every time I try one of the surveys, I'm apparently not what the people want. So don't bother with the surveys, just stick to offers.

Yea, me too. I did the pre-qualifer one, then got several options. Clicked the first. Apparently I don't stay in luxury hotels enough to qualify. Now, if I could only feel OK about fudging my answers. :rolleyes:

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is the netflix one the one on the main page or the peanut labs one? Cuz they have different amounts of points...
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thisisgils wrote: »
    Behold! Silvers finally have their free free-form slot!

Just watch 1250 thirty second soda ads, convert the zen to CP et voila! Simples!

Or get approved for a Discover credit card once and get 5k+ Zen immediately...

:tongue:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    sinistercreamsinistercream Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How do you get all this?
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How do you get all this?

Look at the banner ads at the top of the screen.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok I've been playing PWE games for awhile now been doing these surveys I haz a system for it. Set up an email account just for these surveys so you dont get spammed, and HEED MY WARNING you will get spammed by their "sponsors".

I some times read the emails in this magical spam account when I need a laugh. Here are some of the offers sent to me over the last few years.

Life Insurance for fish.

A Radio wave monitor.

Spoon wrenches.

Wang Enlarger Pump.

Shoes for cats.

And my personal fave... Bricks.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Ok I've been playing PWE games for awhile now been doing these surveys I haz a system for it. Set up an email account just for these surveys so you dont get spammed, and HEED MY WARNING you will get spammed by their "sponsors".

I some times read the emails in this magical spam account when I need a laugh. Here are some of the offers sent to me over the last few years.

Life Insurance for fish.

A Radio wave monitor.

Spoon wrenches.

Wang Enlarger Pump.

Shoes for cats.

And my personal fave... Bricks.

Here ya' go.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm from Argentina. Am I left out of participating in these surveys? I go to the offers option and it says "No surveys are available. New ones will be available in a few days"
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just joined the quikflix offer, remembered how many i watch per month. 2 at best and cancelled. still got
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    rottonsaztanrottonsaztan Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In a one word responce, it would be YES

In a long winded one, depends on how valuable you feel your time is worth, compared to how badly you want something from the C-store...or is it the Z-store now? Hell I dunno:redface:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Many of the free zen things it lets me do require that I purchase some service before I can get the free zen. The service in question invariably costs more than if I'd bought the zen straight...

I might be a whale (someone who spends an disproportionately large amount of money on a freemium game... the term is borrowed from Las Vegas for high rollers with poor impulse control. I have plenty of impulse control, mind you), but I'm not stupid. Frankly, I feel like PWE is trying to insult my intelligence with those things.

Also, 30 minutes for 15 cents worth of zen? Do they have any idea how much my time is worth? I can tell you that it's worth a lot more than 15 cents. If they want me to spend time doing something for them, they've got to pay me AT LEAST minimum wage for it. Otherwise I might as well write an auto-survey bot program and just let it run. Mmm, mechanical slave labor... You know, that's EXACTLY the sort of thing my original forum name was all about in the Champions Pen&Paper...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • Options
    sinistercreamsinistercream Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    None of them are working. Too bad, I would have started a new account If they had.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm from The Republic of Banania (aka Argentina), I have no offers of any kind. I guess I'll have to wait my stipend like a good little girl :C

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I get a lot of offers and such--40 year old male head of household with a good income in the NE US.

My 15 year old daughter gets almost no offers.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, so I'm getting pretty constantly bombarded with calls about higher education now.

Yay.

So no, not worth it. Just the netflix one.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    pion01 wrote: »
    Yeah, so I'm getting pretty constantly bombarded with calls about higher education now.

Yay.

So no, not worth it. Just the netflix one.

How'd they get your phone number?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012

This is why they say phrases like "its too good to be true" and "nothing is free" for.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Some of the surveys require a phone number
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I make it a practice never to fill out anything that requires a telephone number or home address. (Some offers let you opt out; if there's no option to decline, I just close the window.)

So far, I've picked up two character slots and a new Costume Set, and have almost enough to get another one...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I haven't even been asked for my phone number. (I only do the surveys, none of the other offers.)

So far I've made $21.90 worth of Zen on just the surveys - I haven't even done the Netflix one.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, I did the one survey and didn't get my zen. So, no, zen roulette. I'm just gonna resub and not risk it.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They always want my phone number in the surveys, so i watched just the only one 20 second video and got 2 Zen. YAY!

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I did one. It asked for my phone number. I give it the number to my Ex. :biggrin:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My phonenumber is: 0123456789
    Not a single phonecall. :frown:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't do them since I started one questionnaire for a famous UK chocolate manufacturer and It wanted all my details post code telephone number and mobile number so I could get my prize.

Doesn't sound that bad until all the questions in the questionnaire were about my insurance types and renewal dates and my utility suppliers. Some thing makes me think this isn't about chocolate or prizes but rather selling my details to companies I get enough junk from but they can now phone me to.

It is quite simple if it looks to good to be true it probably is!

In this life you get nothing for free?

It doesn't have to come from Nigeria to be a scam?

The above three statements will prevent me for getting free zen as my name and address contact details are more valuable to me than some free zen. I do wonder how hard it is to set up these surveys by non existent companies just to get peoples info for nefarious purposes. I mean all my outlay would be for example a cheap prize and to pay PWE for the zen and I get all the information I need I mean some of those things ask for credit card details.
    edited July 2012
    I don't do any surveys that ask for real personal details like street address or phone number. Very often, they award the most Zen, but I am not interested.

Still, by doing the free, fast, and anonymous surveys, I can earn about 100 Z per week.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Still, by doing the free, fast, and anonymous surveys, I can earn about 100 Z per week.

Per week? Maybe I'm above the average as I just started, but so far I've made 150Zper day. I've already gotten nearly another stipend for this month, and in only 2 days.

And that's without signing up for Netflix or any of the big ones. Just doing the 'free' ones (which are nothing but advertising information things).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    mavryckemavrycke Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got one pre-survey question that asked what continent Egypt was on. Then the second question as what was the answer to the last question.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I can only tolerate about one survey a day, and the ones I do usually award 25 Z or so. Later in the week, I find that there aren't many surveys offered to me.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    To the guys saying that they always ask for your phone number or any other personal info, are you sure you're doing the surveys, not the offers?

Surveys appear at the very top of the list, usually no more than two at a time, and have no graphic next to them.

Offers always have a graphic next to them, and are usually about signing up for a service.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mavrycke wrote: »
    I got one pre-survey question that asked what continent Egypt was on. Then the second question as what was the answer to the last question.

That's the survey system finding out if you're a bot or not. A bot wouldn't have a clue how to answer the second question.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    To the guys saying that they always ask for your phone number or any other personal info, are you sure you're doing the surveys, not the offers?

Surveys appear at the very top of the list, usually no more than two at a time, and have no graphic next to them.

Offers always have a graphic next to them, and are usually about signing up for a service.

Some surveys still end up asking for lots of personal info: usually the surveys that offer 200-400 Zen.

I also got my first survey that awarded me nothing, despite taking 15 minutes and telling me, "Thanks for completing the survey. You award will be credited to your account."

• Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I has no surveys, I am a sad kitty :c

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay so heh, I created an account on this Toluna site, how the heck I transfer my silly points from that site to ZEN? Anyone tried Toluna?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game