test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat-Banned. Again.

forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
I have just been chat banned again before S.P.E.A.R's costume contest. (points to bottom link in signature)

I'd like to thank Cryptic for their wonderful work in removing the player-based chat ban system. No seriously, you guys are doing bang up job. I'd much rather get trivial content than play this game with my friends.

...fix your asinine system. pretty please?
~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
(link under construction)
Post edited by forutnefire on

Comments

• p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is beyond ridiculous. Please, please, remove this feature.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • arti78arti78 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, this is getting rather annoying. Either dump the report spam system, or have someone focus on checking things more thoroughly.

No reason for this system anyways imo.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My sympathies sir.

This is indeed ridiculous.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am not really surprised this still hasn't been addressed yet.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OM:eek:G!
    Seriously?

Just turn the "Auto" silence feature OFF until someone who's assigned to the task can determine if a 24 hour (or longer) chat ban is warrented :rolleyes:
    How hard could this be to code? :confused:

:frown: *sympathies to Flare... AGAIN*
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • lo1processorlo1processor Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here. It happened twice to me, both times when I was just standing around in the Powerhouse.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily processing LOL's for over 300 days and counting . . .
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How hard could this be to code?

The problem is not how hard it is to code, but that it requires staff to recode something that is already in place and is working as is intended. Cryptic doesn't fix things that work how its supposed to. And the chat spam is blocking users from chatting if enough people report them. Despite it being exploited or not.
  • clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone have any idea what the actual spam report count threshold is before an autoban is applied, and/or if frequency within a certain period is a factor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    p0temk1n wrote: »
    This is beyond ridiculous.

Thanks, saves me from typing the first words that came to my mind (so I typed this whole thing instead :tongue:).

Seriously, though, I wonder if there is something seriously wrong with this system (in addition to the horribly irresponsible idea of giving police powers to the player base itself, I mean :rolleyes:) and it bugs out and keeps chat-banning previous chat-banned victims, because I've seen a LOT of players get chat-banned multiple times--with smackwell even getting banned while not in-game once.

Also, on the question why Cryptic doesn't do anything about this, I think the answer should be pretty clear by now: Cryptic doesn't care.

If they did, they would have done something about it a looooong time ago. If I had to haphazard a guess as to why they keep this ineffective system around after all this time, I'd say its probably because they have the game running on maintenance mode, and they figure that having an automated system like this in place is cheaper than having an actual person pop by from time to time and take care of the actual moderation, and that they believe that any potentially loss from players leaving as a result is acceptable to them.

/tinfoilhat off on the last paragraph by the way :wink:
    Must be a certain group of people going out of their way to trolling S.P.E.A.R . Cryptic this has been going on for months get your CS to get their fingers out their *******s and GAME BAN the people that are doing this to them because it is obviously the same idiots at work.

Bad day when Cryptic are seen as ACTUALLY WORSE than Linden Labs when it come to banning people who abuse the system .

To be honest its far beyond a simple abuse of the ingame system its gone rather dark and disturbing some weirdo is stalking the OP. THIS IS CYBER BULLYING.

CRYPTIC FIND WHO IS DOING THIS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

Any players who know ANYTHING please post info on the champions online proboards.

http://champions-online.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=2314
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've posted this before, but it warrants a repeat.
    The question, the ONLY question, is one of hard, cold Cost/Benefit. Simply put, the numbers, as Perfect Word/Cryptic see them do not justify the expense of:
    1) Staff salaries spent in removing the offending Code and
    2) Time lost preparing NEW items which can either be sold to the existing player base or possibly attract new customers, hence fresh consumers for their product.
    Therefore, in order to attract attention from the people who matter, who, ultimately, will decide if this issue is solved or not, one must show, in real terms, how it effects their bottom line. Not just customer dissatisfaction. Most of the veteran players will not quit over this issue and the MMO tourist only here for a month anyway will likely not see their stay shortened by it enough to effect total money spent.
    So it does not look good for a fix.
    HOWEVER......
    I also know that you are one of the larger names behind the player run costume contests. Weather you know it or not, you are providing a very lucrative service for Cryptic studios. Those Contests of yours MOVE C-STORE ITEMS. A lot of items. They do a FAR better job of showing off the potential of all of those purchasable Costumes than anything the Dev.'s have ever done. I personally credit the various Costume Contests with a good 25% of my total C-Store purchases.
    You want the Chat Bans to end?
    Start a new Topic. Get some data on the spending habits of the CO die-hards. Show them exactly how much money they are loosing EVERY TIME one of your costume contests is interfered with in this way.
    The Chat Ban System will go away. It will be too expensive to keep.
    Heck, I'd do it myself but I have a well deserved and hard won reputation as one of the generally silliest posters on the boards. Attaching my name to the byline of a thread is usually a good way to get it taken not particularly seriously. Because they typically aren't. Hopefully this is the exception that proves the rule.
    Any way, just my two Local Resources. Hope it helps.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, on the question why Cryptic doesn't do anything about this, I think the answer should be pretty clear by now: Cryptic doesn't care.
    Yup. This right here is pretty much the unofficial "correct answer". Since the topic never gets "official statements" from anybody who matters, we're left to assume the worst. As soon as "Perfect World" took over, things like "fixing the chat system" fell even further down the priority list than they already were. Also, we'd better get used to not saying "Cryptic did this" or "Cryptic didn't do that" -- there -IS- no more "Cryptic" involved with this game, as far as I can tell. It's now, at best, "Cryptic World" -- until the Overlords can scrub out any & all remaining traces of "Cryptic".:rolleyes:
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Like Vision has stated, Cryptic/PWE simply doesn't care a bleeding drop. It's not like they have any problems having a negative reputation anyway.

I have a proposed workaround to this problem and I'll mail to the OP ingame the next chance I get to log in.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's freaking bull. It's almost getting to the point where I'm nervous to announce an upcoming cc in zone for fear that this'll happen. I missed this, because work, but Flare's never had a bad word to say to anyone that I know of. A player that helps the community this much shouldn't have to face that kind of abuse. I don't think I could even imagine how many g he's thrown on his own costume contests, just to make people happy. It's not right.

Seeing as how CCs are a large part of what keeps a chunk of the playerbase coming back, this should be a WAY higher priority to get fixed. Hell, we've got players (myself included) that go out of their way to grind out resources just so they can give them away and give the players something fun to do as a diversion. And they're being punished, in his case, for doing so. I'm not gonna name names, because I'm not involved in it at all, but there was some stuff going down in pvp before I left that was similar. A pack of players was banding together and chat-banning one player every 24 hours, because of some rivalry or another that I wasn't trying to pay attention to. Someone said it earlier, it's cyber bullying. And not only that, when it pertains to CCs, it's a detriment to their product. Cryptic, it's harmful to your game.

Ffs, the forum got community mods, if you're not going to fix this stupid system, appoint some people in game to check in on this. I, for one, would gladly give up some free time in my already limited schedule to prevent what amounts to social pvp and system exploits. It's not hard to check contests and see that a cc is being advertised, then figure out that him being blocked is probably connected and abuse.

I just hope one of the other field directors or directors was on to at least save the contest. Like I said, I'da been there, but my schedule's nuts right now. If this got to the point of griefing an entire guild, something needs to be done. Hell, we spend pretty big chunks of time gathering the resources to do these. It's unfair to Flare, and it's unfair to SPEAR.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just hope one of the other field directors or directors was on to at least save the contest. Like I said, I'da been there, but my schedule's nuts right now. If this got to the point of griefing an entire guild, something needs to be done. Hell, we spend pretty big chunks of time gathering the resources to do these. It's unfair to Flare, and it's unfair to SPEAR.

Luckily, some in S.P.E.A.R. have become very good at emote charades, and were able to pick up what went wrong--namely cause it's happened before. >.> We were prepped this time--though we should not of had to be. Yes, it's unfair to me and S.P.E.A.R., but it's also unfair to everyone else participating in the contests, as well everyone else who gets banned and for all those participating in their contests.

Aside from these harassers, there's not a single person or group this system helps--including "Cryptic World".

voos2b.jpg
  • thisisgilsthisisgils Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The only time I ever experienced this was when I dared to call out the griefing "league" SG that purports to hail from "Brasil".

You know - you've probably experienced one of this nasty little SG's members more than once - they are the ones who ninja loot in nemcon, stand around in alerts waiting to pick up the rewards at the end, continuously answer "Need" to every Need or Greed prompt in a lair or attempt to scam you in trade chat etc etc.

Apparently they are a little sensitive about people talking about it too. Mentioned it in zone chat and WOOOOSH insta-chat ban within about 5 seconds.

Ironic that the one country that really need a regional ban, Brazil, actually seemed to escape from the recent PW country bans :(
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,521 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would going to http://www.pwe-inc.com/contact and sending multiple copies of emails to the various contact links do any good?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited July 2012
    thisisgils wrote: »
    Ironic that the one country that really need a regional ban, Brazil, actually seemed to escape from the recent PW country bans :(
    No country needs a region ban. I'm fully against against that form of ridiculously lazy problem solving from PWE. What needs to happen is better policing, active GMs, and for "Cryptic World" to take their hands out from under their arses to solve the problem of that selfish Report Spam SG.

And yes Jaaz, I have tried that.

voos2b.jpg
    edited July 2012
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I've posted this before, but it warrants a repeat.
    The question, the ONLY question, is one of hard, cold Cost/Benefit. Simply put, the numbers, as Perfect Word/Cryptic see them do not justify the expense of:
    1) Staff salaries spent in removing the offending Code and
    2) Time lost preparing NEW items which can either be sold to the existing player base or possibly attract new customers, hence fresh consumers for their product.
    Therefore, in order to attract attention from the people who matter, who, ultimately, will decide if this issue is solved or not, one must show, in real terms, how it effects their bottom line. Not just customer dissatisfaction. Most of the veteran players will not quit over this issue and the MMO tourist only here for a month anyway will likely not see their stay shortened by it enough to effect total money spent.
    So it does not look good for a fix.
    HOWEVER......
    I also know that you are one of the larger names behind the player run costume contests. Weather you know it or not, you are providing a very lucrative service for Cryptic studios. Those Contests of yours MOVE C-STORE ITEMS. A lot of items. They do a FAR better job of showing off the potential of all of those purchasable Costumes than anything the Dev.'s have ever done. I personally credit the various Costume Contests with a good 25% of my total C-Store purchases.
    You want the Chat Bans to end?
    Start a new Topic. Get some data on the spending habits of the CO die-hards. Show them exactly how much money they are loosing EVERY TIME one of your costume contests is interfered with in this way.
    The Chat Ban System will go away. It will be too expensive to keep.
    Heck, I'd do it myself but I have a well deserved and hard won reputation as one of the generally silliest posters on the boards. Attaching my name to the byline of a thread is usually a good way to get it taken not particularly seriously. Because they typically aren't. Hopefully this is the exception that proves the rule.
    Any way, just my two Local Resources. Hope it helps.

My suggestion:

Going forward include a new rule for all of your costume contests that disqualifies C-Store costume pieces from winning.

Obviously make this known up front so as to avoid antagonizing contestants.

• benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, just wow. The trolls were extra trolly yesterday it seemed. The player controlled chat ban should never have been implemented. Its a joke. Its a real shame that you, Flare, seem to be specifically targeted with this.

The function needs to be removed, period. It is not working as intended one bit and goes far beyond normal trolling at these events.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why don't we have a vouching option to lift the chat ban? Same way someone gets chat banned, it can be lifted?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited July 2012
    Why don't we have a vouching option to lift the chat ban? Same way someone gets chat banned, it can be lifted?

But why bother adding an extra feature to a failed system? Sure, I can see that working so the employess still dont have to do anything. But in the end, players shouldnt have that type of control. The ignore function works fine for me against trolls and spammers.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    @Benevon
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    benevon wrote: »
    But why bother adding an extra feature to a failed system? Sure, I can see that working so the employess still dont have to do anything. But in the end, players shouldnt have that type of control. The ignore function works fine for me against trolls and spammers.

I'm just trying to work off of what they do.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited July 2012
    I'm just trying to work off of what they do.

I hear ya. And your suggestion is one that would work well for PWE since they dont want to take the time to handle these problems themselves.

Im just of the mind set that if you are going to do something, do it right. Continually adding jerry rigged "functions" to something already done half assed is silly and counter productive in my opinion. Now that is in an ideal world, of which we do not live but I still have high expectations.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    @Benevon
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Removing the chat ban should be the only option. If you don't like what someone says than you can just ignore them.
  • rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Money talks.

I have spent a great deal of money on this game between CP purchases and monthly subs and even a LTS.

This game will not see another dime from me until this "feature" is removed. If you want it removed, then do the same and post on the forum that you are doing so. Do not just stop spending money on the game without letting them know why. If you are going to protest something, then two things have to happen, you have to let people know what you are protesting, and you have to actually follow through on the protest.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its said before by others but needs to be said again.

Silvers shouldnt be able to mute golds.

This isnt silver bashing its common sense it take minutes to make half a dozen silver accounts. One person could make many on different computers and use accounts to mute people.

This is what is probably happening to the OP.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Players shouldnt be able to mute other players through an arbitrary automatic system.

Fix'd a line. I think the entire chat-ban system as a whole is ridiculous, regardless of who gets affected by it.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Its said before by others but needs to be said again.

Silvers shouldnt be able to mute golds.

This isnt silver bashing its common sense it take minutes to make half a dozen silver accounts. One person could make many on different computers and use accounts to mute people.

This is what is probably happening to the OP.

My thoughts exactly. How could they overlook such an obvious exploit?...oh wait it's Cryptic :rolleyes:
    edited July 2012
    It's not a silver or gold issue, it's an issue of principle. Other players should not be directly consequential in limiting another player's game experience. Especially one who is a paying customer.

Galeforce, I thought we weren't allowed to do that on the forums? Saying that we'd stop paying unless our demand of the removal of the chat-ban system via "Report Spam" and "Ignore" functions was eliminated. If we are however, I'd like to co-create a new topic specifically for the purpose with you and get others to sign and follow through with this. If I'm allowed to publicly announce when/if I planned on relinquishing my subscription and refusal to give the game another cent until the problem was addressed and solved, I'm sure others I know in game would take a hard look at the future this place has and some might even follow my example.

What do you think?

voos2b.jpg
    edited July 2012
    It's not a silver or gold issue, it's an issue of principle. Other players should not be directly consequential in limiting another player's game experience. Especially one who is a paying customer.

Galeforce, I thought we weren't allowed to do that on the forums? Saying that we'd stop paying unless our demand of the removal of the chat-ban system via "Report Spam" and "Ignore" functions was eliminated. If we are however, I'd like to co-create a new topic specifically for the purpose with you and get others to sign and follow through with this. If I'm allowed to publicly announce when/if I planned on relinquishing my subscription and refusal to give the game another cent until the problem was addressed and solved, I'm sure others I know in game would take a hard look at the future this place has and some might even follow my example.

What do you think?

Im not sure how it works here but, in some other forums I've participated, you arent allowed to do that sort of thing. You can link to another site where you do.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I stated in my post that I wasnt silver bashing and its not gold vs silver thing.

A gold can easily make 4 or 5 free silver accounts and use them to mute another gold he has an argument with.

I know its a bit harsh on the silver players that dont abuse this system BUT if Cryptic start to track players that abuse this and stop silvers using report spam if they havent used valid credit card details that would mean the gold players that do it will think twice about putting their account in danger.
  • brianblack8281brianblack8281 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What I want to know is why was it put into the game in the first place? What was wrong with the normal ignore feature that this chat ban had to be placed along side it?

It's like giving a microphone to a heckler at a comedy show and expecting them to use it wisely.
    ---
    The real face behind my Champs heroes. Enjoy my awesome beard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Allegedly, the feature was put into place to stop goldspammers from being an issue.

Then people found out they could abuse it, and they have been ever since.

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic simply does not have the in game support needed to police the game. So rather then doing it correctly with mods, volunteer or otherwise. They have this silly automated system in the hopes that we the players can police ourselves.

The results have been predictable.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Those darn goldspammers! Spamming the zone with their goldspam!! I guess the system is working since there's no darn goldspammers goldspamming in zone! Hey! Something actually working in this game!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Those darn goldspammers! Spamming the zone with their goldspam!! I guess the system is working since there's no darn goldspammers goldspamming in zone! Hey! Something actually working in this game!

:( I feel bad for laughing at that one. Speculating as to why doesn't make it feel any better, either!

edited July 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »

What do you think?

Im not sure how it works here but, in some other forums I've participated, you arent allowed to do that sort of thing. You can link to another site where you do.

To elaborate on this, the official word we've had on this (although, last time I checked this was not actually written in the forums rules/guidelines) is that Polls/Petitions are not allowed in these forums, however, we are allowed to start them in an external site dedicated to Polls, then start a thread on the topic and link that site here.
    edited July 2012
    If i wasn't sarcastly smirking stuff Cryptic/PWE does/have done i would probably be crying my eyes out.

Could be worse. Could be the STO development team.

...do not get me started. Suffice to say they make me rage harder then anything else, these days.

Somehow I don't think getting more attention from on-high in Cryptic is a good thing, if that's the kind of stuff they let happen...

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At least STO has been getting some advertising.

The one that really cheesed me off was reading about the event at SDCC, where they were giving away STO-related prizes and talking up the game.

SDCC, as I'm sure you know, stands for "San Diego Comics Convention". Why was there nothing going on there about CO??? I mean, talk about your built-in audience!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited July 2012
    I agree that CO is deserving of more advertising then it's getting, but Star Trek is also a hotter/more visible property.

Fixing it'll cost money, and I dunno, I think maybe we should sweep up (to use a metaphor) a bit before we start trying to pull people back in. Though I won't argue if they decide to do so anyway.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Didn't they announce their new advertising plan while ago? Maybe it's called 'Total Silence!'. Using peoples own curiosity to stumble accidently upon CO and going' OMG! This is what i've been looking for!!'.
    edited July 2012
    ...the sad thing is, I'd believe it, too!

edited July 2012
    Didn't they announce their new advertising plan while ago? Maybe it's called 'Total Silence!'. Using peoples own curiosity to stumble accidently upon CO and going' OMG! This is what i've been looking for!!'.

Except that the "Streamlined Character Creator" ensures they would have play the game for a while before they even have access to the tools necessary to reach that conclusion...
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nepht raises a good point. Anyone is able to create a dummy silver account for free for the sole purpose of exploiting the auto-silence. If the account gets banned due to it, another one can simply be created. All it takes is another email creation using a free webmail service.

This wasn't a problem before F2P because someone has to be idiotic enough to risk their account being banned and suffering a loss of all investment in time and money by exploiting the feature. Cryptic has to be equally idiotic to believe that trusting players to moderate themselves without any negative impact is an acceptable practice.

I've played MMO's such as City of Heroes, Lord of the Rings Online, Guild Wars and Rift and none of them allowed players to moderate themselves. Each of them had a professional and responsive support staff to handle such matters.
  • florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Could be worse. Could be the STO development team.

...do not get me started. Suffice to say they make me rage harder then anything else, these days.

Somehow I don't think getting more attention from on-high in Cryptic is a good thing, if that's the kind of stuff they let happen...

hmm.. i must say i'm extremely curious.. could you maybe PM me sometime to say what STO did? sounds extreme, but i always heard they at least did something in STO
    jonsills wrote: »
    At least STO has been getting some advertising.

The one that really cheesed me off was reading about the event at SDCC, where they were giving away STO-related prizes and talking up the game.

SDCC, as I'm sure you know, stands for "San Diego Comics Convention". Why was there nothing going on there about CO??? I mean, talk about your built-in audience!

Seriously? That fails a lot =\ i'd make a joke about how reverse they are and say they'd fail and advertise CO at a Sci-fi convention, but i'm sure STO would still takw the spotlight again, it's annoying
  • darknoxxdarknoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    florghhh wrote: »
    hmm.. i must say i'm extremely curious.. could you maybe PM me sometime to say what STO did? sounds extreme, but i always heard they at least did something in STO

Seriously? That fails a lot =\ i'd make a joke about how reverse they are and say they'd fail and advertise CO at a Sci-fi convention, but i'm sure STO would still takw the spotlight again, it's annoying

oh don't worry Neverwinters the next in the spotlight soon enough
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I think it's kind of obvious On Alert was a Hail Mary kick made in the hope PWE wouldn't pull the game. I give it another year at most.